[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this expansion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 17
File: logo.png (243 KB, 516x411) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
243 KB, 516x411
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this expansion is going to save WoW?
>>
Hopefully, but WoD also looked good before they released it
>>
IF all the features are retained and the PvP and daily zones are done well. Thats a stretch, but an attempt was made.
>>
File: Untitled.png (179 KB, 350x489) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
179 KB, 350x489
>>318016656
>Rogues getting Outlaw spec instead of shitty Combat
>pistol shootan
>calling in cannon strikes
>grappling hook
>mfw
>>
File: frodo loses his shit.jpg (36 KB, 233x232) Image search: [Google]
frodo loses his shit.jpg
36 KB, 233x232
am I the only one that thinks that lvling up via lfd is not bad?
>>
>>318016717
WoD also had a lot "tentative" content announced at Blizzcon and was aimed to be a "shorter" expansion, whereas Legion's content is mostly feature complete already, there was no "this might make it in", and Blizz expects Legion to last the same amount of time in terms of content updates as BC/Wrath/Cata/Mists
>>
>>318017457
>am i the only one
no
fuck off
you are never the only one
>>
>>318018402
I always hear people bitching about it so I figured as much,
>>
Bump, you fuckboys.
>>
Quick question, everyone in my family (except me) plays WoW and is hyped for Legion. My question is: what exactly is Legion adding? The only knowledge I have, is that the dude from Burning Crusade back, but thats it.
>>
>>318019282
>gnome hunters
>new continent
>new class
>reworked specs
>mechanics from greater rifts in diablo
>rift-style world events
>>
>>318017614
>Blizz expects Legion to last the same amount of time in terms of content updates as BC/Wrath/Cata/Mists
They have literally said the exact opposite of this. Go fuck yourself shill
>>
File: let go.jpg (37 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
let go.jpg
37 KB, 960x960
>mfw will be at least 6 months until legion release maybe longer

kill me desu senpai
>>
Even if it had a healthy amount of well-made content, the general style of neo-WoW renders all that meaningless.
>>
>>318019818

>Le Vanilla WoW was superior maymay xDDDD

Fuck off, vanilla wow and TBC was trash and would be trashed by the community, would it be released today. Nobody enjoys farming reagents for 12 hours just because.

Only decent thing about vanilla and TBC was pvp.
>>
>>318020378

Anyways on topic; I can't decide whether to play a marksmanship hunter specced into Dark Ranger for some Dark Ranger roleplay, or a Unholy Deathknight who gets a lot more undead minions this time around.
>>
>>318019778
longer, activision releases games in quarters to maximize profits. It comes out winter or early 2017.
>>
No, but I can't wait to play new Demolock and throw thousands of imps into my enemy's face as my felguards enter them from both sides.
>>
>>318016656
WoW got an expansion?
Didn't it got one already in this year? Or was it previous year?
>>
>>318016656
>all that pandering
this should've been cataclysm, they let the game rot for 3 expansions
>>
>2015
>People still play WoW

Really?
>>
>>318022962
>pandering
nobody mentioned MoP
>>
File: NothingPersonelKid.png (467 KB, 1004x656) Image search: [Google]
NothingPersonelKid.png
467 KB, 1004x656
>>318016656
Frost Dks become Virgil.
>>
>Class Halls are literally Garrison 2.0
>getting epics everywhere wasn't enough so now you get legendaries everywhere
>retribution paladins get the Ashbringer as a weapon but can't one shot undead because gameplay, making having Ashbringer completely pointless besides having a "kewl sword xDDD"
>YOU the player will be the chosen leader of your entire class
>just like every single player but YOU specifically
>Legion will literally be a single player experience
How will this save WoW again?
>muh rogue
>muh warlocks
>>
>>318024817
So can I get all of these nodes caped? Or is this just them added Talent trees back into the game because the realized what they did was literal cancer.
>>
>>318025046
You can cap them all eventually, they're not sure if they want to put tier roadblocks in them though.
>>
>>318024867
>>Legion will literally be a single player experience
I'm surprised they haven't released a single player RPG game already.
>>
>>318025325
Just wait for Legion :^)
>>
>>318016656
>shitposting
Whatever I'll respond anyways
>believing anything Blizzard says anymore
>>
>>318021168
>to be released by september of 2016
granted they could take longer, but thats what it says on the preorder. i imagine if it were to come out after it would cause a gigantic shit storm.
I would expect them to rush it to be out simotaneously with the movie
>>
File: punchy2.jpg (55 KB, 500x472) Image search: [Google]
punchy2.jpg
55 KB, 500x472
>>318017301
literally rolled a rogue just so i can be a sick pirate
>>318017457
for 1-90 it's solid as fuck
>>
>>318017457
What do you mean by not bad?
>>
nah but I'll play it because the first month of an expac is the best month
>>
>be rogue
>basically no changes to the class for 15 years
>wod comes along, they add an item for everyone to use in world pvp that hard counters my classes core mechanic because lead pvp designer hates rogues.
>death from above is awkward and buggy
>sort of ok with it because burst of speed is hilariously fun
>legion comes
>they removing burst of speed
>they redesigning the combat spec around gangplank from league of legends.
>people all excited to play rogue now
just kill me desu senpai.
>>
>they are making each spec talents have more unique choices and be more different one from the other
THANK YOU, this should've been done from the start but THANK YOU for finally be doing it.
>>
>>318017457
Beats shitass leveling, that's for sure
>>
>>318026501
The problem was that combat rogues wasn't what it should have.

It's obvious that they could've picked another itineration for the combat rogue making it more like a faster but weaker warrior, but since pirates are a big part of the Vancleef it makes sense and it's looks good for now.
>>
>>318026597
>leveling
Questing, fuck
>>
>>318026501
Burst of speed was OP as shit. I loved it, but it really was just OP as shit.
>>
>removed gladiator
>removed fistweaving
>said these were not "class fantasy" and too annoyign to deal with
>making brand new class
>changing combat rogue to pirate
>adding melee hunter spec
>these are somehow class fantasy

not happy.
>>
>>318026834

melee hunter sounds fun as fuck though
>>
Unholy
Initial Trait
And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Our Dead (Rank 1) - Your attacks have a chance to summon an Army of the Dead.

I don't want to be hyped, but I am.
>>
>>318026657
yeah i actually dont mind making rogues like pirates,

what bugs me is the bombardment ability. Every rogue has a ship just waiting for you to call in bombardment? Seems more of the everyone is a special snowflake admiral kind of thing. These little details bother me. I miss back when wow devs didnt assume every player wanted to be some sort of epic chosen one.
>>
>>318026972
im rock hard
>>
Still waiting on those new pet families

Those new bears look nice enough but if I don't see any elephants or crazy fish things I'm keeping my money
>>
File: 1432210384275.gif (216 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1432210384275.gif
216 KB, 500x384
>first expansion was outland
>current one is outland
>the next one is outlandish

Well okay.
>>
>>318027014
>Every rogue has a ship just waiting for you to call in bombardment?

It's a literal ghost ship.
>>
>>318026868
Sounds neat but let's be serious. It's going to be a mess and take a full xpac before it's worth anything.
>>
I'm a loot whore and all these new world-drop legendaries are really tempting me to come back. I guess it depends on how hard it is to target specific ones.
>>
>>318017301
Combat spec was incredible. You're just a shitty rogue.
>>
>>318027112
is it a quest unlocked ability
>>
>>318027189
not even a matter of their potency. it's the fact that it's a much cooler concept
>>
File: 60072490.jpg (106 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
60072490.jpg
106 KB, 500x283
>>318027014
Well maybe the rogues class hall have ships that are soppussed to be those. But I get what you mean, that's what pisses me most of the artifacts and what bothered me about Garrissons (They were fun, but the limited professions and the YOU'RE THE GENERAL thing made it stupid).

Also I just want to know if I'll be able to dual weild fist weapons with enhancement shaman or I'll be stuck with that shitty Doomhammer. What if I want to use a 2H weapon? Where the fuck are the crossbows in LEGION? nobody uses crossbows now.
>>
>>318027304
>Where the fuck are the crossbows in LEGION? nobody uses crossbows now.
both ranged Hunter artifacts have a gun, Crossbow and Bow skin.
>>
They haven't even announced which features are getting cut yet. Until then you can't make any judgements about this expansion
>>
It's amazing how a game that's been trash for going on 5 years and nearly dead, can cap 20 threads a day here.

Nothing unusual about that at all.
>>
>>318027304
>Also I just want to know if I'll be able to dual weild fist weapons with enhancement shaman or I'll be stuck with that shitty Doomhammer.

I believe all that's confirmed is that you can transmog Artifacts. Not sure if they'll bend the current transmog rules in order to make them look like different weapon types.
>>
File: 1429296405123.jpg (85 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1429296405123.jpg
85 KB, 550x550
>playing WoW for anything but eRP
>2009+6
>>
>>318027304
Doesn't help that most of the artifacts are edgy as fuck.

Something properly legendary like the Ashbringer? Oh somehow it comes in your choice of cool fiery blade, or explodey rock shards - oh and the colour of your choice too.

What is this, a mountain dew promotion? It's totally cheapened those items. I guess Blizzard is fine with selling out the credibility of the setting as a last ditch grab for subs.
>>
>>318027814

It's pretty hard to find anyone decent to RP with let alone ERP. Finding randos in Silvermoon or Goldshire is just the skeeziest thing you can do and anyone who can string a sentence together is usually involved with their own little RP clique, has their head up their ass, and usually both.

>tfw I met someone who I was 80% sure was grill who did both amazing story driven RP and ERP and constantly sent me lewds over Messenger
>got out of the game for a long time
>went back hoping they were still there

They could probably get me to resubscribe if they asked. Other than that though, fuck RP in WoW it's fucking dead.
>>
>>318027304
i really don't understand why Elemental gets Claws and Enhance gets Doomhammer
Enhance would be so much better if it got the fucking claws
>>
File: hndmZzF.jpg (103 KB, 530x667) Image search: [Google]
hndmZzF.jpg
103 KB, 530x667
>>318016656
Let's face it, Legion is not going to save WoW. Legion is going to be fun for the first month or two and after that it's back to being boring, unless blizzard finally starts making decent updates.
>>
>>318028117

The thing is, I'm sure Blizzard will do a great job with the levelling experience for Legion. I really enjoyed my time levelling in WoD. It's the end game that's such a letdown. You get to 100 and there's shit all to do besides do facebook game tier shit in your garrison. Raiding is pretty much glorified loot farming now with Raid Finder, and PVP in any sense is a fucking joke.
>>
>>318028078
>fuck RP in WoW it's fucking dead
Never played RP even once, it's just so boring. Can't RP for shit while my ERP is so good people buy me tokens just to fap to it.

Feels nice.
>>
File: l-l-l-lewd.jpg (55 KB, 614x345) Image search: [Google]
l-l-l-lewd.jpg
55 KB, 614x345
>>318028294
>Never played RP even once, it's just so boring.

It can be fun, but if you're not in with any big names or guilds then you're more likely to sit on your ass wasting hours in hopes that fucking someone will respond to you when you greet them. It used to be fun when some of the pre-Cata towns made naturally good meetup spots that didn't just devolve into ERP advertising, but it's changed a lot since then. You're pretty much guaranteed to waste your time looking for decent RP if you've come back to the game from a hiatus.

>Can't RP for shit while my ERP is so good people buy me tokens just to fap to it.

H-how good?
>>
>>318016656
>WoD was rushed and had barely any endgame content
>Story was even stupider
>Legion looks like it'll have even less content, not even any garrisons.
>>
>>318028621
How the fuck did you even come to this conclusion

Legion has well over twice the content, at launch, than WoD does now
>>
Requesting the guldan happy merchant meme
>>
>>318016656

Nah, but at least it will be cozy fun for a month.
>>
>>318028095

I agree, you can be like Bloodseeker with that
>>
>>318027379
Source? I've only seen the bow and gun
>>
>>318029254

The gun has a skin that makes it look like a really dumb crossbow, but it's a crossbow.
>>
File: FIREARM_2H_ARTIFACTLEGION_D_05.jpg (660 KB, 1138x2320) Image search: [Google]
FIREARM_2H_ARTIFACTLEGION_D_05.jpg
660 KB, 1138x2320
>>318029254
It looks like absolute garbage, but on hte other hand, who the fuck cares about Hunters anyway?
>>
>>318029513
that's pretty bad
>>
>>318016656
>people still buy a expansion after WoD

Why
>>
File: 1447761830763.jpg (42 KB, 516x438) Image search: [Google]
1447761830763.jpg
42 KB, 516x438
>>318027814
>go to rp realm
>call people autists in trade
>people actually get offended
>mfw
>>
It's pretty fucking ironic that the reason they did away with the original talent trees was because they were too complicated or something.

But I guess having a completely separate talent tree on your artifact weapon on top of the base one is less confusing now. As if that wasn't bad enough the base talent tree has tiers and talents that completely swap out depending on your spec.

It's like they tried to make things simpler but ultimately realized that to have any kind of depth at all, you have to eventually bake those options back in somewhere. It's a total clusterfuck now from a design standpoint.
>>
File: 1444519220367766.jpg (223 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1444519220367766.jpg
223 KB, 1440x810
>>318027112
I am ready.
>>
File: 1435031857160.png (85 KB, 172x233) Image search: [Google]
1435031857160.png
85 KB, 172x233
>mained paladin for years
>all these shitters rolling rets for le Ashbringer
>Holy and Prot get the weaposn of Tyr, the coolest mother fucker in WoW and the original Paladin
>no one cares
Alexandros died for this
>>
>>318024867
>YOU the player will be the chosen leader of your entire class

I know you're just here to shitpost and haven't played the game in years, but i'd just like to point out that you've been the leader for your faction in the past four expansions.
>>
>>318030032
>did away with the original talent trees was because they were too complicated or something.
They did away with it because of the excuse "cookie cutter builds" but a majority of all builds now are still cookie cutter with you just interchanging a talent for an aoe fight.

They really did it so they could implement all the class abilities into solely just leveling up which basically kills all excitement when leveling up.
>>
>>318030324
hope we see tyr and fight n'zoth with him
>>
>>318030579
Tyr is confirmed dead anon. When he and his allies fled Ulduar, Loki sent faceless one's after him and he held them off long enough for his friends to escape
>>
>>318030492
That just it really, it solved nothing ultimately.

Personally I'm sick of seeing major systems changes like this every single expansion because it gives the impression they don't actually know what they're doing.

What happens in Legion 2: Electric Boogaloo when artifact weapons aren't part of the model any more? Are they going to find some way to bake these new talents back into the base talent trees, or shoehorn in some entirely new system (again)?
>>
>want to get back into WoW
>can't decide on a name for my human warrior
>It's an RP realm
Just fuck my shit up family.
>>
>>318030492
>thinking artifacts won't be cookie cutter based on whatever is mathematically the best before the game releases
lol

Also I'm super excited to spend hours getting an artifact for one spec, only to find out it's garbage and I have to re-do everything. Or when they nerf the dominant spec and I have to catch my other artifact up.

See: fire Mage nerfs before HFC, everyone going arcane/frost
>>
>>318030947
dantefromdmc
>>
File: stragat.jpg (105 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
stragat.jpg
105 KB, 846x846
>>318017614
Here we go

>i-it's be better this time, y-you'll see!
You are an abused wife
>>
>>318028484
>H-how good?
My account got temporary suspended for further investigations because I got so many gold over mail without "anything" in return. Was resolved, but still.
>>
>>318029513
Seriously

The longer WoW went on, the worse the designs gets.
>>
>be warrior
blizzard hates you

fuck your stance dance, fuck your 2h go play glad here's a shitty artifact and diablo 3 ass looking class hall, while you're crying from us kicking you lets spit cleave on you.
>>
>>318031992
And now you'll be forced be Fury in Legion as they're removing Glad.
>>
>>318032110
I'll just faceroll with arms.
>>
>>318032675
Same here.
>>
>>318016656
> save WoW

:^)
>>
I just want the Orc wankery to be erased from existence, retcon all of Metzen's fanfiction, and fix the lore to make the Forsaken as a faction justifiable to exist after WotLK
>lol raise horde hating humans lmao
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>318032851
Metzen is off the writing team now. So
>>
Not buying it. Can't wait for the threads about how Legion is just WoD 2.0 and people will still fall for whatever expansion that comes after Legion, because surely THAT will be the savior of WoW. The delusional loop continues.
>>
>>318032110

>heavily hype glad in WoD and buff it to competitive levels
>take away glad in Legion

how
>>
>We have learnt from SoO
>14(fourteen) COUNT EM 14(FOURTEEN) MONTH CONTENT DROUGHT IN WOD

remind me again why this is acceptable
>>
>>318034003
punishment for the idiots that haven't unsubbed
>>
>>318031992
Stance dance made Warriors decent and harder to play. GTFO noob.
>>
>>318034085
you're retarded anon if look closely, and yes I know reading is difficult these days bare with me. The post was about blizzard removing fun abilities and giving garbage back
>>
>>318030579

>Tirisfal
>Tyr's fall
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.