[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people who sided with House >people who sided with Legion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 25
File: brotherhood.png (9 KB, 204x247) Image search: [Google]
brotherhood.png
9 KB, 204x247
>people who sided with House
>people who sided with Legion
I hope you didn't actually wipe out the last, best hope for humanity.
>>
>>318008004
wouldn't matter. The East Coast chapter prevails.
>>
File: This is a mighty thirst.jpg (12 KB, 150x131) Image search: [Google]
This is a mighty thirst.jpg
12 KB, 150x131
Do you actually believe this?
>>
>>318008004
I did the first time I was doing NCR stuff, just 'cause I didn't know I could broker a truce.
I like the Brotherhood an awful lot, but I think NV did a good job of portraying them as dated, dogmatic assholes. Veronica is their only hope.
>>
>>318008123
>first group to rise out of the wasteland
>had fucking plasma rifles and power armor before anyone except the enclave, which they built on their own
>eradicates muties and zombies, keeping the genepool as clean as it can be without going full Nazi like the Enclave
>despite being isolationists they care about humanity more than anyone else, but they know it has a destructive nature and thus bides its time and expands influence to slowly reintroduce its technology
The Brotherhood of Steel will prevail. It's inevitable.
>>
>>318008775
You forgot
>is 30 people hiding underground
>>
File: Veronica_Santangelo.jpg (410 KB, 991x708) Image search: [Google]
Veronica_Santangelo.jpg
410 KB, 991x708
>>318008004
>Go to the bunker with Veronica
>Spend days scrounging up evidence that the Brotherhood will go extinct soon unless they drastically change their ways, and at least consider recruiting wastelanders, even if only a select few, or cooperating with other groups.
>In a poignant scene, the elder tells Veronica he knows this will destroy them, but he stands by his beliefs.
>Beautiful, Obsidian.

>By the way Courier, could you go fetch some shit from here or there? We could use outside help
>Courier, your simple fetch quests have impressed us so much we're admitting you into the brotherhood! You're not a full member with access to all of our tech and support. Welcome to the fold, brother!
>Work with the NCR? Well brother, I suppose we can work something out.

>Veronica's face when
>>
>implying the mojave chapter wasn't going to die off soon anyway
>>
west coast chapter a shit
>>
>>318009716

Midwest > East Coast (Maxson) > West Coast > East Coast (Lyons) > Mojave.
>>
>>318008775
>to slowly reintroduce its technology
they aint doing shit, nigga
however, BoS is the goat faction, even got a game
>>
>>318009879
I can agree with this
>>
I'm just trying to get power armour training before I blow up their bunker
>>
>>318008004

>people who blew away every single member of the brotherhood after setting foot on their aircraft
>>
>>318010183
That's why you play with a mod that removed that retarded perk.
>>
>>318009879
agreed. honestly I feel like Maxon should somehow get in contact with the other chapters and call them all to the East Coast. then they can solidify their control of the entire East Coast and basically create a true rival to the NCR. then we can get a game where there is a looming war between the NCR and the Brotherhood.
>>
>>318008004
BoS is the most original and diverse faction in fallout IMO. All the other ones seem like they're based on tropes or overly specific characteristics.
>>
>>318010861
The BoS were/are a trope, but one that fits the setting perfectly.
>>
>>318011287
His point is they have varied and deep characterization in each iteration to raise them from that status, I think.

They really feel like a group of PEOPLE. I'll never understand the stupid shitfit NMA/Codex faglords like to throw about the Lyons chapter. It only adds to the faction's worth, in my opinion.
>>
File: Maxson was right.jpg (322 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Maxson was right.jpg
322 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>318009879
>East Coast (Maxson)
You realize Maxson is the leader of all BoS groups, right?

Hes High Elder, not Elder of the EC.
>>
>>318010183
You can get it from Auld Lang Syne, Gannon's companion quest.
>>
>>318011724
You do realize that Maxson was not alive in FO1, FO2, or Tactics, was only a young nobody in FO3, and was inconsequential in FONV?

You realize that that list was about Brotherhoods as they appeared in different Fallout games?
>>
>>318011724
when was that said?
>>
>>318011968
You do realize literally nothing you said is relevant to my point, right?
>>
So how are the brotherhood in F4?
I'm not too impressed with the game, I don't really expect to like it much, but I'm curious. Aside from all the other crap about the game, how's the Brotherhood treated/behaving in it?

I thought the airship was pretty sweet, but only saw a bit of it.
>>
>>318011516
I think the issue with Lyons was that his faction deviated from what we had come to know of the BoS. Whilst this isn't necessarily wrong if being done purposely for story purposes, it felt more like Beth just didn't know the existing BoS lore and instead interpreted their own after skimming old lore. And thus didn't give a shit.

I would have preferred to give them benefit of the doubt, but recent events with F4 and their response when lore or internal consistency has been broken and pointed out to them indicates that no they actually don't give a fuck. At all.

I'm all for evolution of a faction if it makes sense for the setting, or is done so with real intent. I am not for it when it is just done because they are lazy.

That is just my personal opinion though.
>>
>>318012061
You do realize that Maxson's status as leader had nothing to do with mine?
>>
>>318012135
>the point
>your head
>>
>>318012067
>I think the issue with Lyons was that his faction deviated from what we had come to know of the BoS.
To people who didn't pay attention, since the BOS in the end of FO1 was basically the Lyon's brotherhood.
>>
>>318011724
wrong.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Brotherhood_of_Steel_ranks#High_Elder

>Known High Elders:

>Roger Maxson (2077 - 2135)
>Maxson II (2135 - 2155)
>John Maxson (2155 - ?)
>Rhombus (? - 2208)
>Jeremy Maxson (ca. 2231 - ?)
>>
>>318012174
>the point
>your head
>>
>>318012040
Its in bits and pieces on computers and told through NPCs

Basically After Elder Lyons died the BoS fell to shit with its High Elder position until Maxson took over the EC and the united the EC with the WC under the traditional BoS views, making himself the High Elder.
>>
>>318012428
>Basically After Elder Lyons died the BoS fell to shit with its High Elder position until Maxson took over the EC and the united the EC with the WC under the traditional BoS views, making himself the High Elder.
oh jesus
on one hand, my favorite faction just became stupidly powerful
on the other hand, what the hell, bethesda, what the hell
>>
>>318012302
You need to learn how to read anon
>>
>>318012542
I know, its stupid as shit

It also means Maxson is both EC Elder and BoS High Elder. So if he dies only only does the BoS lose its leadership but there is no leader for the EC either.

I think Bethesda wanted to unite all the BoS under one roof, which is what is said in FO4 since a shitton of BoS members left the BoS after Maxson took control of the WC and EC and said "Fuck Lyons, hes stupid as shit, lets just go steal technology and keep it to ourselves because fuck wasterlanders"
>>
Was Jeremy Maxson's existence something Beth pulled out of their ass like a lot of other FO3 shit? I could of sworn the Maxson bloodline was wiped out totally somewhere.
>>
>>318012542
Well, the East Coast brotherhood was really set to become stupid powerful in 3.

>Control the water of the capital wasteland
>Take over the Enclave's resources and technology
>>
>>318012428
yeah no. He took over after Sarah died and united Lyons BoS with the Outcasts. He has the Support of the West Coast chapter but no where is it said he is the High Elder.

at this point a High Elder position wouldn't work. The East Coast handles its shit and the West Coast handles its shit. they support each other where they can but they are both independent organizations.
>>
Yeah no, these toaster hoarders are pretty bad, If they were all like the white nights of 3 then we'd be ok (somewhat).
>>
>>318008775
you do realise that the BoS gets destroyed right? read up senpai
>>
>>318012542
>Elder Lyons died

Wait what happened to Sarah? I guess her dad died of natural causes because he was like 100 but shouldn't she be next for the East Coast?
>>
>>318012932
>>Control the water of the capital wasteland
So? It's not like they were hurting for water before.

>>Take over the Enclave's resources and technology
Eh, I guess it's better than nuking an oil rig.
>>
>>318012602
whats you point? you do know the Maxson in Fallout 3 and 4 is named Arthur Maxson right and that he isn't on that list?
>>
>>318012225
Then why did they have renegades?
>>
>>318012954
Oh okay anon I guess ill just take your word over the canon in FO4 that says hes High Elder.
>>
>>318013017
I think she's KIA.

>>318013041
>So? It's not like they were hurting for water before.
Yes they were. And now they control the biggest source of clean water in the east.

>>318013061
Because not everyone agreed with the change being made by an already semi-heretical elder, what's your point?
>>
>>318013017
she was. She became Elder after her father died. she died in combat sometime after that and then Maxson took over.
>>
>>318013207
>Yes they were.
The waste was doing fine beforehand, m8.
>>
>>318013017
Died in combat not long after Elder Lyons died. That's the reason why EC let the Outcasts back into the fold and went back to more of their old ways, the Lyon's believes died with them.
>>
>>318013072
I'll take his word over yours since neither of you are coming up with proof and the wiki doesn't mention it.

>>318013312
No it wasn't, m9. Drop the dumb memes.
>>
>>318013072
burden of proof is on you man. I've yet to see anything anywhere that says he is the High Elder. you made the claim, burden of proof is on you.
>>
>tfw NV is still your favorite "new" fallout game

Why couldn't obsidian make more fallout games, its not perfect but going back to Bethesda's retarded as fuck writing is torture
>>
>>318013385
>the Lyon's believes died with them.
Not all of them, they still recruit wastelanders, which is likely a big part of why they grew so much.
>>
>>318013393
Name one person who was struggling for lack of water.
Excluding the karma dispensers. (I don't think they had names anyway.)
>>
File: 1382675135317.jpg (44 KB, 755x569) Image search: [Google]
1382675135317.jpg
44 KB, 755x569
>you used to be able to convince House to leave the Brotherhood alone
>but that made him too obvious of a choice so it got dummied out
>can be modded back in with just one change
>>
>>318013519
You may as well argue that the Mojave is starving because the 4 patches of Maize can't feed the population.

People in the bigger settlements have clean water, in the smaller ones they make do with the irradiated shit. But the purifier put enough clean water for everyone in the CW and more in the hands of the brotherhood.
>>
>>318013706
wait is that actually a thing? I thought that was just some mod, does it actually have voice work for it and proper endings and shit?
>>
>>318013706
>They just have the player destroy the brotherhood to be edgy

Bravo Obsidian.
>>
>>318013803
There are literal acres of farmland in the Mojave. And organized trade, with the ability to ship in supplies if necessary.

There are NO farms in 3. Nobody who's troubled for lack of water. Nobody who's troubled for lack of crops, at that. And what outside source could be supplying it?
>>
>>318013706

gib mod
>>
>>318013706
>>318013809

House ignoring the Brotherhood destroys him as a character. The Brotherhood threaten everything House has and they will do anything to achieve the tech he has. The NCR is pinning them down for now but if they had to leave they would go gunning for House.
>>
>>318008775
>first group to rise out of the wasteland
true.
>had fucking plasma rifles and power armor before anyone except the enclave, which they built on their own
wait, are you claiming the Brotherhood made their armor or the Enclave? because the Enclave had regular Power Armor too, they just developed and improved their own as time went on
>eradicates muties and zombies, keeping the genepool as clean as it can be without going full Nazi like the Enclave
no they didn't. they only killed raiders and mutants and stuff that got in their way when getting tech. the Master was a threat to everything which is why they helped the Vault Dweller stop him, which wasn't much.
>thus bides its time and expands influence to slowly reintroduce its technology
no they don't. they only give tech to their own and a few individuals they trust, which is about a dozen people, not counting the Midwest and East Coast chapters. they say thats what they plan to do but don't.
>>
>>318013903
More like House is an egotistical my-way-or-the-highway autist. He's got a plan. You get to execute his plan. He's not paying you to improvise, offer suggestions, or review. It's absurd (in his mind) to suggest that YOU could advise HIM.
So no, you don't get to change his plan.
>>
>>318013809
unless my brain is failing me, it was fully voiced by using files in the game, and was intended to be an outcome by obsidian
>>318014009

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37729/?
>>
>>318013917
>Literal

No, there's small patches of them in every settlement, but not nearly enough to feed their population, especially when you take into account raiders and endless powder gangers.

Both are videogames, stupid. Don't take the map that literally.
>>
>>318014010
and when they "go gunning" they get mobbed by securitrons and freeside gets painted red
>>
>>318014010
What are they even going to do? They're dying out and can't even fight the NCR, much less his robot legions.
>>
>>318013803
Who the fuck would even go all the way down to where the purifier was? Why the fuck would they even need a huge ass purifier if they can just travel to big cities and haul water back home? Fuck's sake the Mr Handy gives you purified water without needing any special shit

Like >>318013917 said, there's literally nothing happening in the FO3 wasteland. Nobody in Megaton works, they don't worry about water, they don't grow crops, they don't trade, they don't hunt, they don't do research. You literally walk in and it's just a giant rollercoaster ride where all the NPCs do nothing but sit on their asses all day and magically survive

Besides the purifier didn't even work, after your retarded dad blows it up it's pretty much a dead project considering the xbox hueg amounts of radiation in the place. I'm surprised the entire river didn't get contaminated by such a dumbass move
>>
>>318014102
>Don't take the map that literally.
Not that other guy but it's realistic world design that allows us to become immersed in open world games. Having farmland and herds of animals is a small touch but it helps make the the world of New Vegas seem a little bit more alive, like it's a place that could completely function even without the player. Its details like that which made Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and New Vegas all such immersive games despite the janky mechanics and bugs and is why Fallout 3 is so mediocre in contrast.
>>
>>318014461
>Who the fuck would even go all the way down to where the purifier was?
it purified all the water connected to the Purifier. thats how the Enclave was going to genetically cleanse the Capital Wasteland remember? put a modified FEV strain into the purifier so it infects and kills everyone not genetically pure who drinks the "pure" water.
>if they can just travel to big cities and haul water back home?
what cities in or around the Capital Wasteland had water? or are you just making shit up to support your opinion?
>>318014461
>Besides the purifier didn't even work, after your retarded dad blows it up it's pretty much a dead project considering the xbox hueg amounts of radiation in the place. I'm surprised the entire river didn't get contaminated by such a dumbass move
how can you contaminated already irradiated water? all James did was sabotage the controls flood the room with radiation from the water.
>>
>>318014461
>Fuck's sake the Mr Handy gives you purified water without needing any special shit
>He still confuses gameplay contrivances with ironclad canon

Spoiler, traveling to DC is much easier than traveling to the west coast. DC already had a decent (on paper) trade hub, and they could become the biggest water trader in the east with the purified Basin.

>Like >>318013917 said, there's literally nothing happening in the FO3 wasteland
There's hunters, traders, and there's ongoing efforts to supply both food and water for everyone. You're just parroting the usual MUH MAIZE spiel, but even if I were to agree with it based on poor map design doesn't change what's happening on paper.

>>318014576
I agree, anon, but so what? The point is that even if you believe the map isn't great, saying no one has water problems in the CW is like saying that 4 small cornfields outside of Vegas couldn't possibly supply the NCR with any worthwhile supplies.
>>
I feel lucky, the first Legion deathsquad sent after me attacked me while I was in the Mojave Outpost. They dropped a thermic lance and I've been using that pretty much ever since.
>>
>>318014258
>they get mobbed by securitrons and freeside
Not only did the Brotherhood scrap some Securitrons but fucking BENNY reprogrammed one to challenge the entire system. I wouldn't think it would be difficult for them to do catastrophic damage. I mean just giving them ED-E for a few days they make a small army of duraframe bots.

>>318014417
The Brotherhood is held up in the bunker fearing the NCR. I think if both the Legion and NCR left the region the Brotherhood would reign again. The Mojave is mostly small raider and farming communities. House even admits he's at a severe disadvantage until you can upgrade his droids.
>>
>>318015339
>Kill the last living Legionnaire in the middle of a firefight between legion and NCR
>Legion magically knows
>CAESAR HAS MARKED YOU FOR DEATH
>Kill the assassins
>THE LEGION IS HATES YOU FOR KILLING THEIR ASSASSINS IN SELF DEFENSE >: (
>>
>>318015364
How would they possibly reign if neither the Legion nor the NCR can match House's legion of killer robots? House is at a disadvantage with EVERYONE until he activates them, he points out that the only reason Vegas hasn't been annexed is because whoever attacks him would get wiped out by the party that didn't.
>>
>>318015364
>but fucking BENNY reprogrammed one to challenge the entire system

Benny, House's right hand, with the help of a very good FoA hacker.

The Brotherhood's people, meanwhile... THE VIRUS JUMPED!
>>
>>318015364
>>318015685

Also, I should point out, Yes man can't "challenge" the system. All he can do is intercept and decrypt communications, and he can only take over IF you kill house. Which only you can do due to your position.
>>
>>318015797
>Which only you can do due to your position.
>implying nobody else in the wasteland has 75 hacking skill
>>
>>318015895
No one else in the wasteland can get to house's inner sanctum, you dip.
>>
>First Playthrough
>Damn this is really fun
>Destroying everything with a Katana
>Side with House
>Have to blow up BoS
>Sell everything Veronica has so she doesn't run off with my shit
>She stays with me after I blow it up
>Everything is coming up Milhouse
>Go to do final mission
>Fighting the Legate with a Katana
All my enjoyment was lost there.
>>
>>318015618
House is fucked until his army is upgraded. This solely relies on the Courier which I'm excluding for this scenario.

>>318015797
I wasn't implying Yes Man was challenging the system. I'm speaking about how easy it was to exploit and infiltrate House's network.
>>
>>318008775
>without going full nazi like the enclave
>literally Nazis in Fallout 4.

I always blow up their base. NCR are the only hope for the Wasteland
>>
>>318016316
>I'm speaking about how easy it was to exploit and infiltrate House's network.
But it isn't, though. The plan required a very good computer specialist working hand in hand with House's right hand man, and even Benny couldn't figure out yet how to actually plug Yes Man in, because house didn't give him full access like he gave you.
Basically, the only reason the Yes Man plan works is because you the player have every faction sucking your dick.

>>318016316
>House is fucked until his army is upgraded.
Exactly the point. Any faction can screw house. So killing the least powerful faction when he's powerful enough to wipe out the stronger ones is kinda pointless.
>>
>>318010616
Maxson is dead nigga. Institute is the true rival to the NCR, with more Tech and Unlimited numbers, who can Rival the Institute?
>>
>>318015495

You think that's retarded?

>Do Cass caravan sidequest
>Kill the Van Graffts
>Kill that McLafferty bitch
>Up until then had done literally everything for NCR, singlehandedly recovered Nelson for them
>wandering around the Mojave
>NCR DOESNT LIKE YOU
>DO WHAT WE WANT OR BE HUNTED DOWN LIKE DOG

That's the moment I decided "fuck NCR" and sided with House
>>
>>318016714
Yeah, the reputation system in NV is a step in the right direction but it's still really shit.
>>
>>318016582
The entire point of this was House doesn't trust the Brotherhood and wouldn't leave them unchecked. House is too damn smart to leave a bunch of techno religious monks roaming around the Mojave. Especially with maniacs like Elijah running around.
>>
>>318012061
You do realize Maxson was not High Elder until AFTER Fallout 3 right?
>>
File: 1320157593123.gif (2 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
1320157593123.gif
2 MB, 230x172
I enjoyed talking deathclaws

One of my favourite moments of the series is that robed companion throwing his clothes off when combat initiated and going to town

Even now I can look back on it and think that was fucking metal
>>
>>318016830
I think it was (or could have been) good, but it just had a lot of errors in how NPCs and certain behaviors were tagged.
The system was good, the stuff the devs put into the system had some stupid shit in it.
>>
>not siding with Mr House.

it's like you want Humanity to die off.
>>
>Rigid borderline religious ideology is the last best hope

Sure thing buddy
>>
>>318016431
I rather live in the hole with my robot waifu
>>
the brotherhood are no better than any of the other tribes, they just hoard all the good equipment

they are doomed because of their shitty rules
>>
>>318016857
They already checked themselves, anon. They're basically a non-power in the wasteland by the time the courier rolls in.

The NCR would annex Vegas if they could. The Legion would take over if they could. But they can't, so House allows them to live. But the least likely candidate to succeed is now a terrible threat just because Obsidian needed to think of a reason not to roll with house.
>>
>>318008004
>>318008775
>I've only played Fallout 3

ayyylmao. I'll grant you that the Capital Brotherhood are pretty nice dudes but you have absolutely no idea how the rest of the Brotherhood is ran.
>>
>>318008004
>last, best hope for humanity
>the first thing you see in the entire franchise is a series of old commercials, then 2 BoS shits shooting an unarmed man execution style
Yeah, sure, okay.
>>
>>318016967
Nah, honestly the system is still way to simple to be worth a damn. It needs to be a good deal more complex before it's a decent rep system, even on paper.
>>
>>318017091

>"The Brotherhood of Steel helps the other human outposts drive the mutant armies away with minimal loss of life, on both sides of the conflict. The advanced technology of the Brotherhood is slowly reintroduced into New California, with little disruption or chaos. The Brotherhood wisely remains out of the power structure, and becomes a major research and development house"
>>
>>318017097
>then 2 BoS shits shooting an unarmed man execution style
that wasn't the Brotherhood. those were American Soldiers.
>>
>>318012067
Just letting you know since apparently EVERYONE missed it, there were a lot of log entries in FO3 about how the Lyons were a sent to the east coast, started playing local police, and got straight up cut loose for doing so. The big boys out west said, "You know damn well you're doing things wrong, but we aren't making the trip out there to punish you. Consider yourself cut off."
>>
>>318017026
I wish they added Followers of Atom as a faction and you actually literally can Nuke the commonwealth and not just CIT.
>>
>>318017097
>just imagining that execution being shown on live television
America was fucked up.
>>
>>318017097
Those weren't BoS, and that was no "unarmed man", it was a dangerous Canadian rebel.
>>
>>318017240
Oh... Shit it was, wasn't it? That was an old program, so it couldn't be the Brotherhood, and the news was talking about the annexation of Canada.

Shit, I'm an idiot. Carry on.
>>
File: 1440007159081.gif (960 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1440007159081.gif
960 KB, 245x245
>A bunch of raiders in power armor
>best hope for humanity
>>
>>318017237
That was Fallout 1's ending, after Tandi died and the NCR expanded eastward the Brotherhood started hoarding technology and powerstations preventing technology that would aid the people of the West Coast and hording it all for themselves.
>>
>>318017663
My point is that FO3's brotherhood operates within canonically acceptable parameters.
>>
The Midwestern BOS was a mistake
>>
>>318017053
> Obsidian needed to think of a reason not to roll with House
I respectfully disagree.

I think House is too smart to just let these guys slide and ignore them. Besides, there were other reasons not to side with House. All the factions have pros and cons. House can't let go of the past, the NCR is too bloated to do anything and the Legion will eat itself to death.
>>
File: stocking displeased.png (196 KB, 447x329) Image search: [Google]
stocking displeased.png
196 KB, 447x329
>>318017741
>FO3
>bethesda
>canon
>>
>>318017741
Yeah and my point is that the Capital Chapter doesn't represent the average chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel. Even Maxis' chapter despite having roots in the Capital Chapter is very different.
>>
>>318016954
What was great was when combat was over and he would revert to robes like nothing happened.

I liked the brood mother that asks you to save her offspring if you can't save her.

Surprised there has never been a character raised by Deathclaws. Sentient or otherwise.
>>
>>318017941
*Maxon's
>>
>>318017924
>>
>>318017831
>literally no reason not to side with Yes Man and have an anarchaic Mojave like God intended.
>>
>>318017941
Yeah, I had hoped Maxon would retain some of Elder Lyons "survival over doctrine" teachings. But no, turbo nigger of the year award goes to him and his band of toaster hoarders.
>>
>>318017924
Is this a meme?
>>
>>318018181
>God
The only god in Fallout is drowned
>>
>>318008775
Quite literally fascists the italian kind of course
>>
>>318017097
>man

Pretty sure he was Canadian so it isn't like they were killing a real person.

Canadians are syrup not people.
>>
>>318018250
I destroyed the brotherhood. Do they ever cover how he went from disciple of lyons pride to BOS Classic?
>>
>>318018250
In a sense he still has, the East Coast Brotherhood still recruits outsiders through sponsorship and still defends settlements against super mutants. It's just that they've refocused their efforts on their original mission.
>>
>>318018380
Ah yes, the axe faggots.
>>
>>318018427
In the 10 years between the end of 3 and the start of 4 Elder Lyons dies and some shit goes down, but Maxson must have found a book about his kin and decided to return the Brotherhood to its former assholeishness.
>>
>>318008775
You've only played fallout 3 I'm assuming.
>>
File: WUZ KINGS.png (121 KB, 377x426) Image search: [Google]
WUZ KINGS.png
121 KB, 377x426
>>318018178
>wiki

yeah sure its canon alright.
>>
>>318018427
He had seen how Lyon's teaching destroyed and divided the brotherhood. It was pure cancer in his eyes.
>>
>>318018181
I feel like the game is designed to make you think the independent ending is the best ending and I hate that.

The NCR is and will collapse. They make it clear its run by absolute morons and wealthy lobbyist.
Caesar straight up tells you he knows the Legion will fall apart he knows it's doomed but he's trying to prove a point.
House is just a megalomaniac with delusions of grandeur. He doesn't give a fuck about Humanity.
>>
>>318017341
It has been forever since I played F3 so you are probably right.

I think I may have just conflated it into other lore and pants on head retarded stuff that Beth did in F3.

You would think that that would be something raised outside of just some log entries though. You know, for the explicit purpose of pointing that out so we don't end up with these conversations.

And it would make sense to address it when inducting a new member to that chapter. Like "Welcome to the Brotherhood. But please be aware we are cut off from the Brotherhood proper for reasons. You may want to stick clear of the rest of the Brotherhood.". Etc.
>>
>>318018447
Lyons BoS became a police force almost, they wanted the waste and the people of it to survive and thrive with their help. Maxons BoS wants all your glow sticks and doesnt care about anything but BoS.
>>
>>318018654
Sure it was cancer to him, but morally and for humanitys sake, was the right thing to do. Lyons wanted people to live safe not push some doctrine.
>>
>>318008004
BoS doesn't even do anything for humanity. They just walk around and steal other people's stuff like a low-tech version of the Mechanicum.
>>
>>318008775
>First group to rise out of the waste with old pre war tech they stockpiled and their leader instantly got killed by a fucking raider.
>>
File: 1346093562230.jpg (18 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
1346093562230.jpg
18 KB, 480x368
>>318018013
>I liked the brood mother that asks you to save her offspring if you can't save her.

Only thing I can remember with that is Tactics, shit even had some manner of Riddick recruitment special map with a blackout map and deathclaws everywhere.

Just enjoyed Tactics overall now that I think about it. There wasn't much worthwhile exploration and ammo was fucking scare, felt like survival even with recruitable redshirts.
>>
>>318008101
fuck no, mid western master race for life.
>>
Actually I just joined up yesterday. "RP" reasoning was that the BoS gives you free power armor just for joining, which is better than the 41b you got from the Minutemen, and I need as much rad protection I can get in order to go find that fucker in the Glowing Sea.

Plus they actually have the organization and means to bring some manner of law to the Wasteland, without being overtly moustache-twirlingly evil about it, like the Institute.
>>
>>318018896
sometimes i imagine the same , why dont the fuck jedi's make a larger battery pack and wider saber angle and make a fan attack ?
>>
>>318018896
It was treason, then
>>
>>318008775
>first Brotherhood chapter you meet basically sends you to get headlight fluid in the Glow
>practically laughingknights.jpg as you walk off and they expect you to die

Yeah they're real nice mate
>>
>>318019240
They aren't interested in bringing law to anybody.

They're okay with killing settlers for food.
>>
File: nigga.jpg (81 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
nigga.jpg
81 KB, 1024x1024
>>318018178
> cropped section from a wiki
>>
>>318019614
>laughingknights.jpg

Fuck me someone needs to draw that.
>>
>>318019086
Yeah pretty sure it was Tactics. I recall finding her underground and her asking me to help her brood. I did not let that injustice stand. And then we got Deathclaws on the team.

Tactics had a lot more going for it than people like to give it credit for. It lacked in the story department, but that is somewhat understandable given how the game was laid out.

Probably what caught it out was that the team members weren't named characters with a personality. I was fine with that since I was in it for the tactical combat aspect of the game. But I imagine thee were people that came off the end of F2 and were expecting more cool characters for you to interact with on a team level. Rather than just with NPCs.

I'd love to get a follow up where they head back East to bail out the BoS in the Mojave from House/NCR/Legion. Just like rock up one day and "Heard you were talking shit like we wouldn't find out.".

I also like the idea of Marcus telling stories of his old friend in the Brotherhood to young Deathclaws, children and some mentally regressed Super Mutants. All ooo'ing and aaa'ing at the fantastical stuff.
>>
File: Fallout New Vegas 2-Ayy.png (2 MB, 1599x1000) Image search: [Google]
Fallout New Vegas 2-Ayy.png
2 MB, 1599x1000
>>318019989
>>318018610
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_canon
>>
File: Fallout_2_Goris.gif (2 KB, 43x56) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_2_Goris.gif
2 KB, 43x56
>>318016954
Apparently Sawyer was on record saying that the whole talking deathclaw thing wasn't their best idea.

Still, I loved Goris just as much anon.
>>
Brotherhood isn't an ending faction though.

Besides, you can convince House to spare them.
>>
>>318020282
That didn't make it into vanilla and can only be reactivated via mods.
>>
>>318019104
is that canon?
>>
>>318020187
Isn't Sawyer the one that people say is good for gameplay but not story?

Honest question.
>>
>>318020478
It's canon until contradicted by anything else thats more canon.

The general events of the game are firmer canon.
>>
File: Enclave.jpg (105 KB, 512x256) Image search: [Google]
Enclave.jpg
105 KB, 512x256
>there will never be a fallout game where you get to play as the best faction
>>
>>318020478
Why would you want to hang out with the sausagefest that is the East Coast BoS, when you can get with the real sausagefest that is the Midwestern BoS. We've got dicks of all kinds for you. Ghoul dick, Super Mutant dick, Deathclaw dick, and just regular ol'human dick if your dick palette is plain vanilla.

For all these reasons and more, choose the Midwestern BoS today!

Oh yeah we have women too if you are into that sort of thing. Weirdo.
>>
>>318020490
If I am remembering correctly he is all super serious no fun allowed type of person when it comes to story and even thinks that the few psychic characters and shit was a huge mistake that never should have happened
>>
Which fallout 4 faction should I side with? Bos are kinda eh in this game.
>>
>>318020930
don't forget robot dick, depending on the ending
>>
>>318021318
Institute is the only answer

>not lifting humanity into a golden age where we no longer need our physical form
>>
>>318020187
I really don't get why they regret Goris so much, the talking Deathclaw stuff was pretty cool
>>
>>318021448
No! That's my dick! MINE!
>>
>>318021152
and he's completely right
>>
>>318021318
Had to go railroad, brotherhood were too much and straight institute 'means' were too much for the 'ends'

Minutemen just aren't about the synth problem. They are the retards chojce
>>
>>318019104
>midwest
>not in the middle
>not in the middle of the west
>about halfway from middle to east coast
I never understood this term.
>>
>>318021783
I mean, I hate muh psychics being waved around all over the plot, but I thought F1 and F:NV did it pretty well. It's ancillary to the plot, relatively understated, and not something really done deliberately.
>>
>>318021609
Probably because it was fun and people wanted more of it. Some creative types can get jealous for the stupidest reasons. What they might have put in as a throwaway became something out of their control.

Or maybe it was an issue of characterisation of Goris?

Who knows. But clearly they have bad taste if they don't like talking Deathclaws.
>>
>>318021654
Fine, but I'm shipping my female character with a deathclaw.
>>
File: FalloutTactics.png (706 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
FalloutTactics.png
706 KB, 800x600
>>318008004
your daily reminder that Fallout Tactics treated BoS better than any Bethesda game.
>>
>>318021783
Why do you HATE FREEDOM comrade?

Seriously though friend, I would be interested to hear your take on why it doesn't fit. If there is anything else out of place to you I would also be interested in hearing about that.
>>
File: 1447320165682.jpg (31 KB, 500x436) Image search: [Google]
1447320165682.jpg
31 KB, 500x436
>>318018327
>not praising Atom
>>
>>318021910
I like the psychics because it is something that can't be explained with a handwave sayign that it was caused by FEV or some shit like that and a little mystery and unexplainable shit makes game more interesting
>>
>>318008004
But Anon, *I* am the last, best hope of humanity.
>>
>>318021967
>Brotherhood Scribe starts writing fanfics about the new Deathclaws that joined
>Deathclaw eventually learns to read
>Awkwardness ensues
>Deathclaw is first to break silence
>"So why does this need to be fiction?"

And now I am remembering the promo pic for tactics with the human and the ghoul getting caught making out.
>>
>>318022110
>not "Ghoul story bro"
i am disappoint
>>
>>318021816
>Literally Tumblr: The faction

Anyone who doesnt become General of the Commonwealth Slave Army can go back to reddit.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
what was his name again?
>>
File: 1447609231202.jpg (35 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1447609231202.jpg
35 KB, 601x601
>>318022329
>>
>>318022635
Cornflake
>>
>>318022635
Tony the Trigger?
>>
>>318022635
applejacks
>>
>>318022635
General Mills
>>
>>318022635
Special Agent K?
>>
>>318022635
Captain Crunch
>>
>>318022635
Fruitloop
>>
>>318022635
T. "Rabbit" Ricks
>>
>>318022635
Dr. Enema
>>
>>318022635
Cheery-O
>>
>>318022635
Quaker
>>
It was a nice thread we had for a while there.
>>
>>318023584
>It was a nice thread we had for a while there.
what did he mean by this?
>>
I just dont like the BoS questline at all in FO4, forcefully taking over farms and technology? How do i blow these motherfuckers out of the sky?
>>
>>318023708
/v/, /v/ never changes.
>>
>>318013072
you know bethesda has domain over east coast and obsidian west so this exact situation cant happen, where one fucks with the others lore.
>>
I'm not actually sure why the NCR was still even around by New Vegas, they looked like they were already collapsing from their own weight by Fallout 2.

Wasn't there some bullshit about how they hire raiders to bully independents into joining? I know they did something of the sort to vault city.
>>
>>318024126
The GECK bought them a good while to expand before having to worry about implosion.

The problem was the constant expansion and the increasing need for resources to keep it propped up.

That is why they are like they are in NV. They got greedy.
>>
>>318024126
NCR's fine.
Graft and corruption are rife, politics and so on. The normal things that happen in a republic or democracy. But it's fine.
Mojave is at the end of a long and extensive supply chain. Their efforts in the region are expensive, limited, and definitely not representative of their full strength. Like America in Iraq or Vietnam or something.

Difference between your invasion failing and your own country being invaded.
>>
>>318021816
Sure,only regards appreciate the tactical value of motherfucking artillery canons.Plus,BoS are pretty much Enclave V2 now.And Institute couldn't give two shits about humanity.Minutemen,only folks that try to recolonise The Commonwealth and make it safe for everyone.
>Retard's choice.
>>
>>318016431
>the brotherhood are nazis

I'm not seeing a problem, anon.
>>
>>318023878

Hi Tumblr
>>
>>318025354
Exactly.

You see any jews in Fallout? Seems like a pretty good future to me.

I'm just taking this joke to its logical conclusion.
>>
>>318025354
Thats not my problem with them. Theyre dicks is why I blow them up. Tech Horders.

I was just pointing out he says they arent the Enclave when they literally are the Enclave in Fallout 4, their entire mission is to wipe out any non-human species.
>>
>>318008004
>hope for humanity
The Brotherhood has been failing for years and slowly dying off. They're the same dumb fucks who ended the world in the first place.
>>
>>318013412
Hopefully they will. I still don't get how they made Fallout 4 literally un-RPG able. Everything already set out for you with no room to role play.
>>
>>318025952
I dunno, the anti-centralization vibe and the desired massive, lethal retaliation seems fairly /pol/, doesn't it?
>>
>>318022635
"Lucky" Charms
>>
>>318027571

That's because I'm from /pol/, anon.

The Brotherhood is the /pol/ approved faction, the best faction.

Also, Piper is obviously the best girlfriend. Great personality and isn't one for bullshit. She's a reporter out for the truth. A rare find indeed.
>>
>>318028134
>from /pol/
>jew waifu
okay guy
>>
>>318028171
>piper is a jew

Where does it say that?
>>
>>318010616
But an amped up Brotherhood like in FO4 would win. They have massive air superiority and a fucking transformer.
>>
>>318016225
Veronica will leave you if you dismiss her then talk to her.
She'll ask if you know anything about the bunker being destroyed, you can say you did it and she'll attack you, or you can lie using speech(i think you can anyway, it's been a while) and she'll stick with you.
>>
>>318008101
>muh brotherhood
Literally a faction for children, please grow up.
>>
>>318028415
I assume he means she is a jew because she would be the main stream media.

Or I don't know. I frequent /pol/ and I am not really sure what he is implying either.
>>
>>318027571
Might makes Right.

>>318028134
>Great personality
But as dumb as a sack of potatoes.

>reporter out for the truth
Tabloid levels of shit.
>>
>>318020154
Maybe he was talking about Big Mountain?
>>
>>318028438
I sometimes visit IGN and they have been doing a series of "who would win". Their latest was 500 synths vs 3 Mirelurk queens, where the Synths manhandled the Mirelurks. That basically sums up NCR vs BoS

NCR is just outragously huge and keeps getting bigger while the BoS is basically wiped out, but with lots of tech.

NCR would destroy the BoS
>>
>>318028632
I am talking about the East Coast BoS as of FO4 which is the dominant military power on the East Coast.
>>
>>318028776
And still pales in comparison to the NCR.
>>
>>318028632
>>318028776
Another comparison would be Nazi Germany (BoS) invading Russia (NCR)

No matter how much more advanced in Warfare you are then your opponent, If they have seemingly endless soldiers you will lose.
>>
File: mfw the courier.png (526 KB, 619x568) Image search: [Google]
mfw the courier.png
526 KB, 619x568
>Be the mighty Caesar god king of the legion
>Vulpes brings me news of a man called the courier and his deeds
>He sounds like someone I should have in the legion
>Extend my mark to him and ask him to meet me at the fort
>several days pass and no sign of him
>he suddenly shows up armed with every gun under the sun
>Have my gurads relieve him of his weapons
>Despite this he still walks around with a .44 magnum on his hip in view of everyone
>He runs into my tent clearly excited to talk with me
>He runs right past me and steals our slave ledger before sprinting back outside
>Follow after him
>I stand in awe as he shouts "FAST TRAVEL: RED ROCK CANYON" before shooting off into the sky
>One of my scouts comes running to tell me all his confiscated gear has gone missing

What is this man.
>>
File: 1448531321195.png (784 KB, 780x603) Image search: [Google]
1448531321195.png
784 KB, 780x603
>>318029073
Kek'd
>>
>>318028818
The NCR's size only becoming good in a long-war of attrition, with an airship you can just pack up your force and move it all quickly. You can pretty much entirely avoid a war of attrition and fight smaller skirmishes instead where superior troops would win.

>>318028954
Only if you fight a war of attrition, see above.
>>
>>318028632
Then the Midwest BoS turns up and says;
"Heard you talking shit like we wouldn't find out."

They aid the NCR against the East Coast BoS who have clearly become the Enclave.

Then tell the NCR to fuck off and go back to their quiet Midwestern lifestyle.
>>
>YFW BoS is basically rhodesia in thr 1980s

Why would you support that?
>>
>>318028628
His father wouldn't have been free at the time of Big MT's creation.
>>
>>318020478
Barely (broad-strokes only).
>>
>>318029229
Until the East Coast brotherhood tries their usual "le giant meme robot" tactic and it backfires again.

Also your air supremacy would be the deciding factor if the NCR wasnt loaded to the teeth with Artillary (which in the Minutemen ending shows it doesnt take much to shoot down those airships)

Vertibirds are weak as fuck, they get shot down easily by 4-5 Gunners in Fallout 4.
>>
>>318029695
>Vertibirds are weak as fuck, they get shot down easily by 4-5 Gunners in Fallout 4.
I love how Bethesda went from needing a Tesla Cannon to take one down, to turning Vertibirds into the equivalent of a low level dragon from skyrim.
>>
>>318029695
>Vertibirds are weak as fuck, they get shot down easily by 4-5 Gunners in Fallout 4
We have to look at gameplay vs. story differences when examining canon though. In the canon, I don't believe that the kind of small arms fire the Gunners bring could down a VB-02, especially so easily.
>>
>>318009879
Tfw when no hyper-advanced BoS with Vault 0 tech and robots to help pacify the shit of the wasteland, helping to usher in a golden age of humanity and cooperation between the mutated and non-mutated species that agree to co-exist
>>
File: 1444853471295.gif (39 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1444853471295.gif
39 KB, 500x333
>>318029491
Rhodesia did nothing wrong.

>>318029695
The Minutemen relying on having a high density of artillery firing from multiple angles and surprise. Even then that is implying it actually stops as the Prydwen is shown to be capable of deploying vertibirds while moving.

The survivability of Vertibirds really depends on in-game factors, but they're rigid enough to be capable of going in hot.

The BoS can simply keep mobile and wait for the enemies of the NCR to take their pot-shots.
>>
>>318029940
>We have to look at gameplay vs. story differences when examining canon though
All Beth had to do is make it immune to small arms fire like they did in 3 or like Black Isle made Power Armor in 1.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLjB6p3nHMk
>>
>>318030261
What shitty voice acting.
>>
>>318030169
>mutliple artillarys

Multiple makeshift artillarys created from aluminum cans and wonderglue.

Imagine if you had actual military grade artillary, like that on Hoover dam, or Nellis.

All the NCR has to do is wait in their many military bases so as not to engage in pocketed firefights.

Does the Prydwyn or USS Constitution even have any actual weapons on them? Or are they just mobile bases?
>>
>>318030628
The Silver Shroud is on the microphone.
>>
>>318030183
>expecting competency from Bethesda
>>
>>318030683
When they can drop powered armor troopers on you like it's Starship Troopers, you don't really care.

Further, you're suggesting that the NCR bunker down and just literally defend only strongpoints? It sounds like they're just asking to get their infrastructure and non-military resources gutted. Hard to run a military without funding.
>>
>>318029940
In FNV, if you get the Enclave Remnants to help you, their power armor is pretty effective, and their vertibird apparently totally immune to small arms fire. Which the Legion (and esp. NCR) has pleeeeenty of.
>>
>>318030261
Where does the airship come from?

Secretly hoping its homage to the Fallout Tactics intro that discussed the journey across the great divide
>>
>>318030261
Hands down the coolest moment of the game.
>>
>>318032570
It was built at Adams AFB, over 8 years, using salvaged components and infrastructure from the Enclave's former base there (which is destroyed in the Fo3 DLC BS).
>>
>legion
>go in base and kill everyone with mini nukes
Yeah they wouldn't make it out in the real world
>>
>>318013706
They probably realized people would mod it in anyway, and making the assets wouldn't make any dent to their resources.
>>
>>318017097
Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>318021318
All the factions in FO4 are retarded
>>
>>318011724
no
>>
>want to side with Legion, but realize can't replace Caesar
>want to side with NCR, lead by a moron and get only commendation, no bitches, money or position
>want to side with House, but I'm his literal errand boy. Can't even command securitrons to do jobs for me

Since I have to do everything myself, Independent Vegas is the way to go. Plus with Brotherhood, Boomers and Big MT backing my ass screw them other bitches. The day will come with ROWBOW SCORPIONS, Securitrons and power armor guys patrolling the Mojave
>>
there is nothing wrong with siding with house, but anyone who joined the legion is an edgy teen: muh rape, muh slavery, muh survival of the strong, muh fuck modern meds, muh lets allow a courier(!) do a surgery on caesar

and before you say that the legion was meant to be more fleshed out, let me point out that in the end it was not fleshed out, the legion the way it actually is in the game is a shit faction, and the only real choice is between the NCR and House
>>
>BoS

>"LOOK YOU GUYS WOMEN CAN BE KNIGHTS TOO!"
>IN FACT 8 OUT OF THE 12 PATROLLING/GUARDING KNIGHTS ON THE PRYDWEN ARE STRONG INDEPENDENT WYMYN WHO DON'T NEED NO PALADIN"
>"Haha yes goy we are here to help just give us all your technology hehe"
>"You need that component for your water purifier? Too fucking bad now you die"

The Brotherhood are just technologically advanced raiders.

The only acceptable legit playthroughs are House or Yes man, Institute or minutemen.
>>
File: 4emF9.jpg (178 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
4emF9.jpg
178 KB, 1280x1024
>>318038648
>>318039010
>>318038920
wow, F3/F4 BoS is that shitty? Good think I never touched this piece of shit of writing.
Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.