[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Password to the secret location of the underground resistance,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
The Password to the secret location of the underground resistance, Aka the Railroad is..
Railroad.
>FUCKING GENIUS
>>
Railroad just like the plot of the game am I right
>>
Such an overrated game

I'll pretend to be a reviewer
ONLY BREAKS EVERY 30MINS!
SHIT GRAPHICS
C TIER WRITING
11/10
>>
>>317681987
...woah...
>>
>>317681593

They did actually make it a puzzle, which is more than you can say for the rest of the game.
>>
Sadly, that was a better puzzle then the Bioshock Infinite's "Wait a minute, that card" puzzle.

That isn't saying much, but still....
>>
>>317682239
Am I missing something, or has the game actually been getting good reviews? I saw a few that were complaints about the technical side of things, and figured it'd be getting like 6-8s across the board. Has it broken 90 on MC?
>>
File: 1357339898202.jpg (10 KB, 500x226) Image search: [Google]
1357339898202.jpg
10 KB, 500x226
Is it ever explained why the institute murders people and replaces them with synths?
>>
>>317683234

its called damage control and just means money going into pockets
>>
>>317682608
THAT'S A CARD
>>
>>317681593
The point of the railroad is that it's secret. If you know about the railroad, you're either useful to them or a threat to them
>>
Anyone else hate the fact that you were railroaded into helping the Railroad by giving them the Courser Chip? How come I couldn't let the BoS analyse it instead?
>>
>>317683587
no, not really. just something about "we tried to work together but they don't trust us." so i guess the next logical step is to murder all of them and replace them with robots.
>>
>>317684743
>he didn't read all of the logs in the terminals in the Institute

They were kidnapping people and replacing them with synths for genetic experiments. They were trialing cures for FEV and were kidnapping people so they could infect them with FEV in order to run tests on them, at one stage.

tl;dr institute turning people into synths for "research". Literally all the institute does is research shit, no matter how completely unethical it is, and nobody acknowledges anything at all.
>>
>>317684621
You're railroaded into joining up with every fraction anyways (except for BoS iirc), the game expects you to just work for everyone I guess
I wonder, what happens if you dont say Yes on joining up with the institute first time you meet shaun?
>>
>>317684869
yeah, i got the stealing people for FEV part, and a couple ones where they replace a specific person for a specific reason, but did it ever say anything about replacing random nobodies? i didn't explore the institute all that much.
>>
File: 1445358692866.jpg (17 KB, 534x402) Image search: [Google]
1445358692866.jpg
17 KB, 534x402
>>317681987
well done
>>
>>317685016
I think it was for study purposes. Using the synths to operate as mobile researchers, analyzing the commonwealth and it's inhabitants in order to determine what kind of firepower they would need in order to defend themselves/take over areas they deemed fit for "research".

I fucking hate the institute holy shit. Bunch of uppity cunts with high levels of scientific knowledge that parade around like they're better than you.

Sure weren't acting that way when I blew them all to pieces and blew up their entire fucking facility.
>>
i sided with the railroad assuming that it would involve the least amount of death and destruction, but i ended up nuking the institute and blowing up probably the majority of the eastern BoS. i would have liked a few choices, i'm pretty sure that the railroad could have at least avoided the brotherhood or something...
>>
>>317685064
LEL
>>
I wanted to side with the Institute despite disagreeing with some of the shit they do, but sonny kicked me out after allowing those synths to go free. There should have been some dialogue options that would convince Shaun that it's not right to attempt to claim something with sentience and free will as property. The synths wanted to live their lives outside of the Institute, and they could always just make more fucking synths.
>>
If you read the files at the institute you will quickly find out that the railroad is actually the biggest cluck faction
>>
>>317681593
It should have been something more secure like Railroad1
>>
>>317687185
why
>>
>>317687462
because the synth they save don't retain free will
>>
>>317683630

HATE CARDS
>>
>>317687523
But Glory seems to have free will? I'm not far in their questline yet I admit
>>
>>317687616
She seems to but even she flat out says a lot of the railroad believes that they are human and she says that's stupid they aren't.
>>
>>317685849
Synths are stronger, faster, and more resilient than humans, if they are allowed to roam free , they can become unstoppable raider leaders that will kill countless innocents.
>>
>>317687771
she emphasizes the distinction between humans and synths because most of the railroad use philosophically human and biologically human interchangeably in casual conversation, her actual views are the same.
>>
>>317681593
Anyone else not actually solve their shitty puzzle and just guess the correct password?
>>
>>317687923
Of course her views are the same but to me the fact that she acknowledges the distinction and how different they are is telling.

I honestly think the best thing to do about synths is to stop anymore being created, and then kill the ones who are institute loyal and leave the functioning ones alone. There aren't enough to really make a massive difference.
>>
>Spend time figuring it out
>it's fucking railroad

What a crock of shit, If i went straight there that would have been the first fucking answer I thought of.
>>
>>317684982
I chose "Idk" and "need more information" or whatever they were, never said yes and he just gives yOu objectives anyways.
>>
>>317688041
which is pretty much exactly what the railroad ends up doing. sure they don't hunt down the infiltrators but with the institute gone the impact of the ones left operating in the field is pretty minimal
>>
>>317681593
>get quest and go to location it points
>see some weird code things as I follow road
>end up at church
>find code puzzle
>figure out RAIL
>door won't open
>like wtf
>turns out there was 8 numbers instead of 4
>I just found 4 before I ended up at church

it just works.
>>
most of the inhabitants of the commonwealth wasteland can't fucking read, so it's a good as a password as any.
The game is the best entry in the series, a solid 8/10 by today's standards.
>>
>>317688201
I was really uncomfortable with them wanting to rescue the institute synths and to "kill anyone in your way" to me that made me personally see them as way too fanatic for me and I noped the fuck out.
>>
>>317688365
It's just blowing away a bunch of coursers and gen 2s, the scientists just run and Desdemona has a line specifically telling tom to teleport out any institute personnel trying to evacuate too
>>
>>317685016
No, it was never explained at all.
I assume the reports on synth replacements and fear of being replaced by a synth was completely exaggerated. Also Bethesda writing.
>>
File: 895.jpg (41 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
895.jpg
41 KB, 554x439
>>317685849
Hell, there's no dialogue options to discuss any of this shit rationally.

The first mission that comes up with the institute is decommissioning a synth that became a bad boy after the Railroad wiped his memories. I was like.. alright, bad on the railroad, I should go talk to them and tell them not to do that anymore. But I don't have that option.So I don't really care for the railroad either. Especially in that they're pretty big extremists on an issue that isn't that extreme. The Institute has a staff of less than 20 people, and less than 10 synths who really aren't living under the harshest of conditions. Hell, even PATRIOT, the dude inside who helps the synth escape only first did so to see if he could actually pull it off, not because of some moral imperative.

So I found myself in the same position as you after that mission. Banned from the institute, Railroad doesn't have the drive to actually full on war the institute so I'm not aligned with them either. I have no real drive to join minutemen or brotherhood in an effort to take down the institute or anything. They're not some huge threat to mankind or overly abusive to their synths that I feel a moral imperative to stop them. They're just some dudes in a decently sized laboratory with no aim and are just science-ing it up underground and fucking with shit up top every once in a while for no real understood reason.

So that's where my game ended. Found my son, he's a dude, I'm a dude, we're all dudes. And that's life.
>>
>>317688539
That's what you see in the game, not what actually happens.
What actually happens is most of the people in the Institute die and most of the 3rd gen synths in the Institute die. Because the railroad are fucking nutjobs.
>>
>>317688856
>So that's where my game ended. Found my son, he's a dude, I'm a dude, we're all dudes. And that's life.
not that bad of an ending desu
>>
>>317685849
Wait, which synths?
>>
I just sided with the BoS because if I just close my eyes then I can imagine everyone is in X-01 armor and we're the Enclave actively cleansing filth from the commonwealth.
>>
>>317688856
I think we can all agree that the second half of the story is just one big fucking mess. It tried to be like NV and have multiple different significant endings, but they're all meaningless and they don't hit home because the entire story and all the factions are terribly written.

Institute
>hurr we have all this amazing fucking technology and we're totally about improving mankind, but lets not use it to help anyone except the most gifted of humans, lets also wage war on anyone we don't like, lets also give robots sentience for no proper reason - seriously, there was no fucking reason for them to do that

Railroad
>hurr robots are people too!

BoS
>hurr lets put ourselves in harm's way by riding around in a fucking blimp in a warzone, lets also leave Liberty Prime vulnerable to being reprogrammed to attack the blimp

Minutemen
>hurr lets give this person, who claims to be over 200 years old, the highest rank of our organization because I'm an incompetent nigger, lets also not do anything useful with all the settlements and settlers who have joined our cause

Fallout 4 is a pretty huge disappointment desu
>>
>>317688086
I was writing it down and shit

I felt like a moron
>>
>>317684982
>I wonder, what happens if you dont say Yes on joining up with the institute first time you meet shaun?
If you tell him you won't he tells you to leave and that you're enemies now.
>>
File: 1394170192454.jpg (18 KB, 397x385) Image search: [Google]
1394170192454.jpg
18 KB, 397x385
>>317689563

Oh anon you're precious.
>>
File: 1398801944577.jpg (50 KB, 625x351) Image search: [Google]
1398801944577.jpg
50 KB, 625x351
>>317689624
>>
This would have been the first game in the series where the MC joining the enclave would have been a viable choice, but still we don't get to.
I wanted so very badly to crush the wasteland under the well polished boot of the US Army. I feel cheated
>>
>>317681593
The Railroad disappoint me, there is nothing compelling about them and it could easily be fixed. Just add a gen 1 or 2 synth with conscience but child-like intelligence to the Railroad HQ and setup that all synths have some level of conscience. All that is given is that the Railroad is in dispute as to whether save 1s and 2s.

In-game the synths are either fancy Protectatrons or cyborgs.
>>
File: 1440656435350.png (377 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1440656435350.png
377 KB, 640x480
Whats the whole point of making synths human if all the institute wants em to do is work. The institute treats em like machines so why should you need human dna if you honestly just want them to scrub your toilet
>>
>>317690029
The best part is that he does it to protect the Institute when he can just kill you right there and have the problem solved.
>>
>>317689465
I don't think the Institute is horribly written, with the only exception being that there's no explaination given at all for the reported kidnappings and people being replaced by synths.
They're about improving mankind, and in their minds, THEY are mankind. Barely any of them ever go to the surface, most of what they know about the Commonwealth and the people living there is what's reported back from their synths, which doesn't paint a very pretty picture.
>Let's also wage war on anyone we don't like
Ignoring the fact that this dumb shit is forced into all three storylines, it wasn't "anyone we don't like", it was "those who are a threat", which, considering in both their respective endings the Railroad and Brotherhood both nuke the shit out of the Institute, they very much were threats.
>lets also give robots sentience for no proper reason
Giving the synths sentience wasn't the goal, it was a byproduct. And then afterwards none of them would admit that the 3rd gens had gained sentience and free will, just because they turned out so convenient.
>>
>find railroad faggots
>they all go WOAH WTF HOW DID YOU FIND US WTF
>like 5 niggas told me if i want to find them just follow the freedom trail
>password is railroad
railroad are a bunch of faggots
also
>no option to charisma my way into keeping the courser chip
why
also does anything happen with that synth you save from the courser or should i just have killed her?
>>
>>317690741
They're just a bunch of crazies who like to play secret agent.
>>
>>317682458

I played the game for 110 hours so far, and I found 2 puzzles. They were good. Just a shame there weren't any more, at least I don't think there are more.
>>
Shaun's reason for releasing you from Vault 111 without telling you and without safely bringing you to the Institute is literally "I wanted to see what would happen, it was an experiment".

He's a grown adult, he could've safely teleported you to the Institute at any time he wanted, but despite the Commonwealth being a complete warzone filled with Raiders, Ghouls and Super Mutants in every fucking corner, he still subjects his own Father/Mother to the incredible risk of them dying, just as an experiment.

Literally what the fuck, Bethesda?
>>
The entire story part of this game is just pants on head retarded so who cares.
>>
>>317690165
What's the point of anything they're doing? They have no real goal. "Mankind - redefined" Great. Give me an actual mission statement. All they're doing is being a less than compelling "evil genius" because they're really not that cruel.

They're like second or third generation of Tech College students. They just fuck about experimenting with shit for the hell of it.
>>
>>317690876
You're just his biological parent.
He was raised by someone in the Institute.
>>
>>317690741
>"Would you die for a synth"
>I'd die for a person who I like but not all people so it depends obviously
>[THAT DEPENDS]
>"There's no middle ground you fuck"

Fucking what? So their initiation exam is "Sup you children's puzzle solving fuck. Would you give your life for literally any synth in existence y/n?"

I thought the BoS were unreasonable.
>>
>>317689465
>hurr lets give this person, who claims to be over 200 years old, the highest rank of our organization because I'm an incompetent nigger, lets also not do anything useful with all the settlements and settlers who have joined our cause

Well in the first few minutes of the game you did more for the minutemen that this guy all his life so no wonder.
But yeah, I'm pretty disappointed appoint settlements. I thought they would kinda "evolve" on themselves and that they would interact with each other by transferring food/water or even settlers to settlements that need them, etc.. I don't even get the purpose of having settlements. Why should I even care?
>>
>>317691229
They LITERALLY value synths more than people, so obviously they don't think there's a middle ground.
>>
>>317690741
>Want to join the institute
>Figure i should use the railroad as the game is railroading me into meeting them in order to get to the institute
>I need dat cauwsarh chep!
>Refuse to hand it over, bethesda might actually be good writers and institute may deny me joining with them if i hand over top secret prime technology of theirs to their enemy which could facilitate attacks on them.
>try in vain to progress the story without the railroad, end up just killing them all because no doubt i'll have to in the future and they will be wary of me.
>They all actually die, no essential flags on them.
>Terminal lights up with research, tells me how to decrypt the chip myself.

Alright then so much for needing these people.
>>
>>317691304
>transferring food/water or even settlers to settlements that need them
You can do this, but only by setting up supply routes manually.
>>
>>317691318
They are the Sweden of Fallout.
>>
>>317681593
>railroad

bunch of sjw hipsters, killed them all at the first opportunity
>>
>>317691380
Trade routes don't do any of that, they just share your workshop building supplies when building.
>>
>>317691345
I did the same, turns out bethesda didn't write shit for that. They just give you the chip right away back with nothing gained for them.
>>
File: Fallout-4-Railroad-Code.jpg (485 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-4-Railroad-Code.jpg
485 KB, 1920x1080
Wait... that cirlce....
>>
File: 1433210835759.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1433210835759.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>317687394
>>
>>317691229
I think this is just very badly written but what she meant was more like : "Would you risk your life for a synth just like you do for humans?" or something like that. She implies that you would die for humans and ask if you would do the same with synths.
Which is a pretty stupid thing to implies tho
>>
>>317691460
Holy fuck! They just reused the Skyrim rune puzzles! TOOOOOOOOD!
>>
>>317687992
At first I was confused so then I put R and then A and finally I and I put a random letter and it reset. Then I followed the trail writing down the letter and number and put in the password. Kinda cool I guess
>>
>People around in the commonwealth talk about the organization and calls it the railroad
>Talks about their secrit club signs
>No one tried to punch in railroad at their base thing
>>
>>317691345
>>Terminal lights up with research, tells me how to decrypt the chip myself.

holy shit that's hilarious
>>
What happens if you kill railroads and BoS before making that teleporter?
>>
>>317692105
Minutemen?
>>
>>317687872
Exactly like the fucking raider synth sean explained about and had you fucking capture.
>>
>>317692142
how you get blueprints for teleporter? or can minutemen analyze that chip?
>>
>>317687992
I saw "1R" and knew that the game would keep it dumb enough to use the word "RAILROAD". Didn't even bother looking at the other letters.

I wish one of the dialogue options would have been to insult Dez regarding how obvious the password is.
>>
>>317692249
Ah, no idea. I had Railroad's black dude analyze it for me.
>>
>>317690575
>I don't think the Institute is horribly written, with the only exception being that there's no explaination given at all for the reported kidnappings and people being replaced by synths.
Experiments, spying and securing technology in the commonwealth.
>>
IT

JUST

WORKS.
>>
>>317692323
Yeah, I took it to Sturges he can do it too.
>>
>>317691895
To be fair, the members of the Railroad are pretty fucking suprised you even walked the trail on your own, considering the thing is plagued with Super Mutants and raiders almost every step of the way. Any normal individual would get gibbed pretty fucking hard, and any normal force large enough to run through are more than likely Raiders, which don't have a reason to do it.
>>
>>317692461
Supposedly bos can do it too.
>>
>>317692807
I haven't done that yet, just minutemen and Railroad but I'm gonna do bos on my new playthrough. Who does it?
>>
>>317690342
He loves the idea of you far too much to kill you like that
>>
>>317692349
And is that actually explained by the institute anywhere or is that just your educated guess?
>>
>>317692189
Did you even read the terminal logs just before that raider though? He originally was with the Minutemen helping the commonwealth, but the MM disbanded they took over them boats. They got hungry and tried to live peacefully, but slowly started raiding trading caravans to survive and became raiders.

Like any 'human' he did it to ensure survival. People can be assholes when they need to fight to live. Synths can be just as terrible too - the point is moot.
>>
>>317693586
It's fun reading on some raider terminals about the little tribal wars they're having with other raider groups. Still a shame the only interaction the player can have with raiders is immediate hostility.
>>
>>317693789
And that they're all uniform 'raiders' instead of having identity and territory.
>>
>>317681593

but senpai it's a near PERFECT game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN1GahqglVk
>>
>>317685016
If you join the institute they show you how they replace random people's dads with synths in small settlements of 4 people.
>>
>>317693586
Are you sure you read that right? As far as I can remember, that guy had a malfunction when his memory was wiped, and that's why he became so ruthless.
I remember asking the Railroad or Doctor Amari about it, and they confirmed that yes, sometimes the memory wipe process goes wrong and synths become fucked up.
>>
>>317693867
Fo4 is good, but most of things he says are just bullshit.
>>
kind of wanted to fug desdemona and glory desu
>>
>>317693789
Yeah I'm not even being ironic when I believe the various terminals in F4 have better storytelling than the quests/MQ.

>Beantown Brewry raiders need food 11/10 bad.
>Kidnap little sister of some raider leader called red from another camp.
>Get food sent from sis in bribes.
>Sis tries to get free and gets killed in secretly dumped in brewry vats The beer tasted better lel
>Forge lil sis notes to still get food

If you go to the other raider camp a cannery that was tributing food, red's terminal says that all the food they sent they let their dogs piss on first kek.

>>317694017
99% sure, I can go travel back to the area and get screencaps of the logs if you want?
>>
>>317693867
>Other videos
>Reddit memes in the thumbnails
Jesus fucking christ, this guy embodies Reddit.
>>
>>317694117
That'd be nice, thank you.
>>
File: 1447579424279.webm (3 MB, 683x384) Image search: [Google]
1447579424279.webm
3 MB, 683x384
>>317693867
>it is from top to bottom; polished, well thought out and just a flawless execution by Bethesda in every single category
>>
Is the Institute's main goal to replace everyone with a synth so they can secretly guide the future of humanity from the shadows? This isn't necessarily a bad thing since humans are stupid and need guidance.

Synths are better suited for living in a pre-post-post-apocalyptic environment, rebuild, and live in peace.
>>
>>317694106
Calling it good is a bit much.
It's better than the stinking pile of garbage that was Fallout 3, but it's not much better than mediocre.
>>
File: 1386257516498.jpg (82 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1386257516498.jpg
82 KB, 550x400
>>317693867

This reminds me of the Mega64 game award parodies. This ain't a review, it's a fanboy yelling how excited he is, which is okay, but don't call it a review.

I like the game myself but I fucking hate these videos where everything is thrown out of proportion and people actually eat it up without a single thought. It's like a whole new level of gullible where everyone acts like a child.
>>
File: Sweating Piper.jpg (218 KB, 653x673) Image search: [Google]
Sweating Piper.jpg
218 KB, 653x673
>>317681987
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 1334x750
>>317683234
http://www.ispot.tv/ad/AdRW/fallout-4-launch-trailer
>>
>>317694304
The thing about this webm though, is that this same issue seems to exist in every game where you can get the children to do things they're not supposed to, I know it exists in the sims for example.

Honestly, devs should just make the child skeleton/model/length or whatever the fuck it is compatible with everything.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 480x270
Only redeeming quality Railroad has is Deaconbro.
>>
File: 2015-11-24_00001.jpg (266 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-24_00001.jpg
266 KB, 1920x1080
>>317694212
Alright, so I couldn't find the quest log in the "completed" section to confirm the synth's name (lv 51 so too many done quests) But the terminal is Gabriels and is in the captains quaters of the Libertalia. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Libertalia

1/6
>>
File: 2015-11-24_00002.jpg (340 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-24_00002.jpg
340 KB, 1920x1080
2/6
>>
File: 2015-11-24_00003.jpg (276 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-24_00003.jpg
276 KB, 1920x1080
3/6
>>
If they were smart they wouldn't be the railroad
>>
File: 2015-11-24_00004.jpg (331 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-24_00004.jpg
331 KB, 1920x1080
4/6
>>
>>317681987
>>317685064
>>317694559
samefag
>>
>>317694624
Don't forget the armor weaves.
115 bonus defence is nice
>>
File: 2015-11-24_00005.jpg (308 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-24_00005.jpg
308 KB, 1920x1080
5/6
>>
>>317681593
I get a raging boner everytime i speak to desdemona. That voice and body just makes me diamonds
>>
File: 1447646189675.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447646189675.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>317695043
>>
File: hYT37uK.png (959 KB, 1063x794) Image search: [Google]
hYT37uK.png
959 KB, 1063x794
>Todd has been watching ASIF
>>
File: 2015-11-24_00006.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-24_00006.jpg
321 KB, 1920x1080
I was right into the whole 'Are synths sentient enough for human-esque rights debate' So I figured this quest would give the institute some more... moral weight. I concluded that the synth was not a terrible 'being' and was acting the way most humans would in a similar situation.

The institute is written so one sided it's pretty hard to advocate for them really. just Imo.

6/6 what do ya think?
>>
>>317695058
Just use a console command to activate that shit.
>>
File: 1328727480351.jpg (32 KB, 290x249) Image search: [Google]
1328727480351.jpg
32 KB, 290x249
>>317695117
>>
oh look another woman in charge of everything.

top kek
>>
>>317694624
Deacon by far my favorite companion to have around. If i am not hanging with a waifu.

Love the weird gimmick he has of constantly changing clothes.
>>

>Bunker Hill quest
>Run in with some synths who I am allied with
>They're fighting the Railroad who I am also allied with
>Watch them fight for a while
>The Brotherhood of Steel who I am also allied with shows up with three vertiberds and starts airdropping knights
>All vertiberds get blown up instantly, the knights are all outside the walls just wandering around
>Two more vertiberds show up and get shot down instantly
>All the knights outside the walls find the door at the same time
>8-9 knights all walking single file through this door then fucking everyones shit up
>I'm just stood on a balcony watching
>I fuck off to go explore
>A vertibird got distracted by a lone raider standing just out of range on its machine guns
>It shoots at it for about five minutes before the single raider manages to shoot down the vertibird
>Go back to Bunker Hill
>Go into the basement
>A mega-ultra-star-paladin is getting fucked up by four railroad men and a bunch of synths
>Watch this shit go down
>Loot his sexy power armour
>Go meet my son a roof
>"Why the fuck didn't you do anything in that fight you stupid fuck"
"Shut up I'm your dad I do what I want"
>"Fuck you dad I'm going to my room to die of cancer"
>You are now enemies with the institute
That shit was fucking hype
>>
>>317695152
I think shitty Bethesda writing plus overdone topic on sentient robots leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>317695160
What code?
>>
Railroad are retards. Synths are just robots. No, I fucking would not die for one.

I told the dumb broad this and she flipped out.

I sided with the institute. Under my leadership the unethical shit goes away plus they are truly the only shot at a pre-war state of the world since the rest of the retards have had 200+ years under their belts yet still live in fucking mudhuts.

It was either brotherhood of steel or the institute. Minutemen was not even a consideration because they just seem incapable since I personally have to liberate outposts and do everything even though Im the fucking leader. The railroad are retard fanatics. The institute is self-sufficient and genuinely the best chance at a new world. So what you have to break a few eggs?

The world is fucking shit and judging by the game, 90% of the people above ground are raider scum or supermutant shits.
>>
>>317692783
isn't the freedom road for synths? don't they get annihilated?

also how do normal people even get around in the wasteland? how can the citizens of diamond city ever leave without getting annihilated by the raider group or the super mutants or the mutatd insects that hang out 100m from the gates?

why avg raider camp has about as many people as the entire diamond city?
>>
>>317695286
set RailroadClothingArmorModAvailable to 1

>>317695252
Exact same thing happened to me

Gonna be fun to redo that but with the BoS and blow the shit out of everyone.
>>
>>317694781
>>317694863
>>317694934
>>317695005
>>317695080
>>317695152
Thanks, these are interesting, but now that I look at the wikia page, someone has proposed this:
>Alternately, a former Minuteman named Wire runs the place. The terminal in his cabin refers to the progressive degeneration of his gang and their reliance on a more brutal and predatory way that would "sicken" his former leader.
No clue where they got the name "Wire" from or why they would think the person who wrote on the terminal is not Gabriel.
>>
File: Fallout 4_20151124075944.jpg (546 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4_20151124075944.jpg
546 KB, 1920x1080
>TFW suddenly the game is trying to burn my retinas.

Why is the sky so goddamn read all of a sudden?
I tried to sleep it off but it came back. Help me please. Is it related to story progression?
>>
>>317694117
>Yeah I'm not even being ironic when I believe the various terminals in F4 have better storytelling than the quests/MQ.

this is true

there was a terminal in the first railroad quest in the secret US base that depicts by reports how the nuclear annihilation, that shit was really well written
>>
If you don't end up with either the institute or brotherhood of steel you are legitimately retarded.
>>
>>317694624
I want to see Deacon's girl mode.

>>317695109
Her name makes me think of testimonials and god knows I'm sick of testimonials.
>>
>>317682608
Hiding my face with my own hands and trying to guess who's doing it is a better puzzle than the bell puzzle. Putting blocks in the properly shaped holes is a better puzzle than the bell puzzle. Fucking Skyrim's claw puzzle was better than that ridiculous thing, it's beyond me why they didn't just remove the puzzle if they're going to make it that easy
>>
>>317689328
just wait for the inevitable Enclave dlc and you'll be able to no problem
>>
>>317695058
When does that weave thing unlock? been doing a few quests for them now.
>>
>>317691229
you can actually tell her that you wouldn't risk your life for machines and still join the railroad by doing a quest for deacon or whatever his name is
>>
>>317695530
After getting the first DIA cache I think.
>>
>>317695431
you have a filter stuck on

go on falloutwikia bug page and look for the right console command for that

I had the night vision filter stuck. everythign was green
>>
>>317695530
It means you can upgrade most clothing to 110 ballistic and energy resistance Including the bath robe. Why the fuck does the bath robe clip through my legs goddamit bethesda I'm sick of your shit
>>
File: 1310571199101.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1310571199101.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>317681987
Nice.
>>
>>317695603
Thought that and that MILA shit thing was just radiant quests?
>>
Just a reminder that the institute is the only correct option and if you chose the BoS or the Railroad you're just another lapdog.
Minutemen is cool too
>>
>>317695334
stealth
>>
File: toad.jpg (129 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
toad.jpg
129 KB, 640x480
>>317695615
But I'm on ps4
>>
>>317695668
They are.
You only need one diy quest tho.
>>
>>317695668
There's three or four DIA missions and about 8 MILA missions, you get modded weapons for the MILA shit that get progressively better as you go along, and a pretty shit amount of caps for the DIA missions
>>
>>317683234
It sat at 93 across all platforms for a whole 24 hours after the embargo lifted

Then the community started shitting on it and rightly so and some opportunistic smaller sites bandwagoned and gave it 6/10s for 'we're not shills like those big sites :^)' good boy points

It's mid-80s now I think

>>317684446
>railroad
>secret
ehuehuehuehue
>go to bunker hill
>approach bar
>HEY DA, I'M THINKING ABOUT JOINING UP WITH THE RAILROAD
>I DON'T KNOW SON, JOINING UP WITH THE RAILROAD SOUNDS DANGEROUS
>I THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA DA, I ONLY HAVE TO FOLLOW THE FREEDOM TRAIL FROM BOSTON COMMON
>THE FREEDOM TRAIL? I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THAT SON, THERE ARE LOTS OF DANGEROUS THINGS ON THE FREEDOM TRAIL AT BOSTON COMMON
>WHY DO YOU ALWAYS DISCOURAGE ME DA, I KNOW LET'S ASK THIS STRANGER IF HE THINKS I SHOULD GO TO BOSTON COMMON AND FOLLOW THE FREEDOM TRAIL UNTIL I FIND THE RAILROAD SO I CAN JOIN UP WITH THEM
almighty mother of keks
>>
>>317681593
there's the whole thing with the numbers and the letters in the freedom trail so i thought you were supposed to write it arranged by the corresponding numbers that appeared with the letters but nope, fuck that, it's just RAILROAD
>>
File: 77657343345.png (100 KB, 294x417) Image search: [Google]
77657343345.png
100 KB, 294x417
>>317695481
>Deacon's girl mode
What?
>>
>>317695739
>picking the equivalent of the Legion is good
Hahaha, no.
>>
>>317695668
Speaking of MILA,
>Kill the leaders of the Railroad
>Still have the MILA quest I'm on, it didn't fail
???
>>
>>317695371
Hmm, if the Synth who the courser sent you to reclaim was Gabriel then I'd say it's pretty conclusive.

Yes, like you said before the synth memory wipes are said to often cause 'unexpected' responses - both the RR and the Institute say that. However, I'd say just the fact that a 'liberated' synth can go batshit murder insane or become placid or nice is (sadly) a human trait.

Someone in FOG in /vg/ once said that one of the Institute people programmed the gen 3's to 'Want to rebel and escape' as a joke. I never got a source for that, or could find the quote in game. Would be interesting if that's actually a part of the synth 'lore' or not.

>>317695457
Yeah, I often remember the locations in F4 from the terminal entries more than the game-play stuff sadly. Might just be because I read a lot though.

>>317695603
I think you get it on doing the second DIA cache - did it for me both games.
>>
>Downloaded game
>Added some mods
>Designed character
>Walked outside
>Killed a dog
>Turned game off
>Steam refunded me
>>
>>317681593
For over a decade in the 50's or so the pass code to all of Americas nuclear weapons was a string of zeroes. It took over a decade for the government to change the launch codes in every silo to their own dedicated code to stop some random asshole walking in and launching a nuke. Don't underestimate stupidity.
>>
>>317695787
How is the institute the equivalent of the legion? Also you become the leader of the institute so you make the rules.
>>
>>317695857
>For over a decade in the 50's
TIME TRAVEL!
>>
>>317695925
>Also you become the leader of the institute so you make the rules.
Pfthah, oh you are one of those idiots who never actually paid attention to what was happening in the Institute

You need to play it again and actually explore this next time
>>
>Siding with a bunch of nerds
>>
File: 2015-11-21_00003.jpg (310 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-21_00003.jpg
310 KB, 1920x1080
>>317695843
Grats.
>>
>>317695925
Cartoonishly villainous faction which some people tell you are doing good things but you never see any evidence of it in-game.
>>
>>317695747
you're fucked then m8

wait for patch
>>
>>317695925
>Also you become the leader of the institute so you make the rules.
You wish, the director has very little power in the Institute and if you dont follow their mad rules you will get murdered.

Your own father was mad as shit and they almost kicked him out.
>>
>>317691429
Aid is transferred too if you store it in the workshops. Food they collect is automatically stored there too.

I mostly just use my settlements to make Vegetable starch for adhesive.
>>
File: 1410430294706.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1410430294706.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
>>317696156
>Your own father

Why is this tripping everyone up?
>>
>>317694117
Not to mention that, but the other Raiders that are sending the notes are suspicious once the Forged notes start coming in because they are out of character.
>>
>>317696282
Well hes old enough to be your father

Honestly the whole
>im so old going to die soon
Was so tacked on, maybe they realized how shitty and unforgivable the Institute was so they added it in for some cheap points.
>>
File: 1310515837128.jpg (127 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1310515837128.jpg
127 KB, 720x480
Does the institute even have an endgame?
>>
>>317691429
They also share food and water between settlements, you could build a massive farm, and water purifier zone in sanctuary and have it suply all your settlements
>>
>>317696401
Well they were more reasonable than the military dictatorship or the railroad fanatics.
>>
>>317696156
>Bunch of "scientists" try to bully you into submission
>Talk them out of it
>Order your executive to set an example and execute them

I guess the player has things under control so far
>>
> doing some digging mission to try and tunnel under the diamond city safe room
> ghoul woman named "No Nose" being an annoying bossy can't
> ends up being a lying bitch after multiple accusations
> have to chose between betraying her or the qt3.14 that works for hank

At least her name was fitting when I punched her in the face with my penetrating power fist.
>>
>>317696465
Do you have to have a trade route between each individual settlement? like 1->2->3->1 Or is it fine as long as they are connected somehow?
>>
>Father: I want you to kill the leader of the railroad
>MC: Hey Father wants me to kill you
>Desdemona: Are you going to kill me?
>MC

1. Yes.
2. No.
3. Maybe
4. What do you mean?
>>
>>317696591
As long as they are connected its fine.
like 1->2, 1->3, 3->4, 4->5, whatever
>>
>Walking around in power armour with a super-sledge
>Some bender walks up to me and threatens to mug me
>Fail the intimidate check
>Remove his face
Why the fuck don't isn't intimidate based on strength or something
>>
>>317696474
what's the railroads problem again?
besides being filthy hippies?
>>
>>317696685
>muh sentient turrets need to be set free ;_;

I wonder if Professor Feelgood was a product of the Railroad
>>
>>317683234
it was getting "9/10 it's ok - IGN" tier reviews, shit is shameful
>>
>>317696672
because it don't ain't based on that
>>
>>317696591
I just assign 1 person from each new settlement to go to sanctuary hills.

It seems to be working.

I also sometimes just go to a random settlement I don't bother visiting often and assign them to the new one.

As long as they are connected somehow then it is fine.
>>
File: 1393830614233.jpg (23 KB, 248x271) Image search: [Google]
1393830614233.jpg
23 KB, 248x271
>"What do you think about thing?"
>[THING?]
>"Yes thing it's the thing where you do things. We're really looking forward to your help thinging some more things."
>"So do you want to do thing?"
>[YES]
>"I'm glad you're on board for thing. The thing where you do things. We're really looking forward to your help thinging some more things."

This happens far too often, Todd.
>>
>>317696685
Being wackjobs wanting to play secret agents who value synths more than humans, and want to destroy 200 years of progress and kill most of the people and 3rd gen synths of the institute, just to rescue 13 synths plus a couple of fence-sitter synths.
>>
File: char_155178.jpg (16 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_155178.jpg
16 KB, 210x240
Wait, since all Gen 3 synths are made from Shaun's DNA, does that mean romancing Curie and Danse is literally incest?
>>
The sad thing is the core concepts of the factions are actually pretty decent, just very poorly written.

They could have went with a nice bit of duality between the Institute and the Brotherhood. Both of them sought to prevent total annihilation again, but through different means. Brotherhood sought to control all powerful technologies so it was never in, what they viewed as, the wrong hands while the Institute sought to make all hands the right ones by uniting humanity as synthetics, almost like the Reapers of Mass Effect without the retarded recursive logic. If they had the Institute's motivation a clearly defined, "evolution of humanity", and if the writers were better, we could have had an interesting story.
>>
>>317696850
yes and?
>>
>>317696759
Nah Feelgood was reprogrammed by the robot liberation front or some shit before the war, its all on the terminal somewhere near him
>>
>>317696685
>claims Synths have free will
>captures these free will Synths
>proceeds to mind wipe them and throw them out into the waste under new identities
Thats not free will, thats just programming.
>>
>Let's make the worst voice actor we have play the leader of a faction
The Minutemen fucking suck.
>>
>>317691743
can you even turn them counterclockwise ?
>>
>>317696850
In the same way you fucking any girl (lol) would be incest since all humans come from the same original DNA.
>>
File: 1395647567060.jpg (171 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
1395647567060.jpg
171 KB, 1280x1440
>>317696846
I'm glad I'm not the only person noticing people repeat themselves in different dialogue routes when certain routes loop back.

I was afraid I had autism.
>>
>>317696960
I thought the femSS was pretty decent, but maleSS sometimes sounded off. What's your problem with either of them?
>>
>>317696997
>all humans come from the same original DNA
>>
>>317696846
Sounds like he's been taking lessons from Bendis
>>
>>317697048
I meant Garvey. But the maleSS is bad too
>>
>>317696846
Oh god this.
What is even the point of having a question option when it's explained in the other options anyway?
>>
>>317697127
[Bendis?]
>>
>>317696798
Alright that sounds good.
>>
>mechanic can design and build signal-hijacking teleporter
>can't figure out how to hack a terminal or pick a lock
>>
>>317697282
The teleporter is based on radio frequencies, so just slap a few tubes together and hijack the signal.
>>
File: CptnIronsides.jpg (565 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CptnIronsides.jpg
565 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw no Enclave to join
>tfw you will never restore America
the next best thing only has a few missions before they rocket off.
>>
>>317693158
>>317692349
There's a bit about them attempting to use synths to form a concrete commonwealth government but it fell apart due to mistrust and they went back to ignoring the surface folk.
They only use synths to fragment any attempts to form cohesive government, as any regime above ground would, like the minutemen and brotherhood if they have enough strength, annihilate them.
>>
>>317687992
Didn't even realize there was a puzzle, I just saw that the letters for "railroad" were there so I entered that. Fucking Bethesda.
>>
>>317697395
>turning someone into transportable matter is easy
This is literally the most advanced piece of tech in the Fallout universe and they just explain it away like its nothing.
>>
>>317697471
it's the same in Star Trek.
it's only there to save on the budget.
>>
>>317697465
Again, is this actually stated anywhere you can remember?
>>
>>317697469
same. there's a puzzle? I'd have to go back to find it. I just went "wtf do I do here" and hit buttons until r clicked, then went "oh its railroad. they really are that obvious."
>>
>>317697471
>Data chip shit
>Watching Tinky Tom struggling to hack it
>Different playthrough
>If Tinky's dead then the terminal auto decrypts it
Fucks sake Beth, action should have consequences
>>
>>317697458
>children of the atom dont have quests at all
>their npcs are just there to point out where the cave you need to go is
>>
one Thing that really bothers me is that fast travel is essential since you always find so much shit that you have to go back to your Settlement to store that shit there
>>
I heard that the BoS took the energy core of Rivet City to power the Prydwen.
Is this true?
>>
>>317697652
Its stated in multiple terminals.
The earliest gen 3 turned up in the early 2200's as well.
>>
>>317682458
i followed the red line, forgot to look for manhole covers with letters and got to the end. when there i found out i needed a password, then i backtracked maybe 3 letters and figured it out right away.
>>
>>317697471
>>317697559
>>317697721
So its cool for Obsidian to make LITERAL MATTER FABRICATORS in the Sierra Madre and Big MT but as soon as Bethesda adds teleporters (WHICH THE BIG MT HAD AS WELL), its sacrilege and unexplained?
>>
>>317697471
But you're not building a teleporter, you're building a machine that hijacks the Institute's teleporter and tells it to teleport your coordinates to the Institute.
>>
File: 1441090404290.png (1 MB, 852x1350) Image search: [Google]
1441090404290.png
1 MB, 852x1350
>>317697458
Just wait anon. They'll probably show up in a dlc.

You won't be able to join them though, fuck you Bethesda
>>
>>317697784
Do you remember which terminals?
>>
File: hue hue hue.png (6 KB, 318x135) Image search: [Google]
hue hue hue.png
6 KB, 318x135
>>317683234
Haha holy shit this review.
>>
>>317697754
Who cares? At that point, the wasteland should have been cleaned enough that people can live somewhere less fucking stupid than a crashed carrier.
>>
>>317697921
>Implying the Enclave wants you
>>
>>317697950
A couple in the institute (I think the development section) and one in some ruins; I want to say university point, but I'm unsure.
>>
>>317683234
>technical side of things
Then they must have not even played it. Kek.
>>
>>317698030
>Have established a half decent militia above ground
>Endless robot army at your fingertips below ground

I guess they could use some help
>>
>>317697871
I don't remember one in Sierra Madre, but there's a big difference between the science levels of the Big MT from some junkie with a funny hat and some scrap metal, the Institute having them was understandable though
>>
>>317695252
I'm not reading all that unformatted shit
>>
File: tip_valentine.jpg (52 KB, 617x700) Image search: [Google]
tip_valentine.jpg
52 KB, 617x700
>i didn't side with railroad
>>
>>317697963
But he's right, no matter how dissapointing or casual it is, the open world is one of the best if not the best ever made.
>>
>>317698173
All of the vending machines in dead money that take chips are fabricators.
>>
File: 1430769309750.png (3 MB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
1430769309750.png
3 MB, 1440x960
>>317697921
>You won't be able to join them though,
yeah asking for an enclave faction that isn't either pants on head retarded or outright evil might be a bit much to ask for.

if only there was a way to convince them that geocoding everyone isn't the best way to bring back America. lord knows it should be easier than convincing their president to commit suicide.
>>
>>317698232
Nick would have understood if I could explain it to him.
He wouldn't have wanted to kill lots of people and synths just to free a couple of synths, either.
>>
File: 1388776706860.png (241 KB, 569x689) Image search: [Google]
1388776706860.png
241 KB, 569x689
>>317698232
>I sided with the railroad
>>
>>317698291
That's rather silly
>>
>>317695306
The gen 3 synths are basically humans constructed into adulthood from muscle, skin and organs.
>>
>>317698030
i dunno, im a vault dweller so im not mutated.
plus i was a soldier who fought for america before it fell.

those assholes should be begging me to join.
>>
>>317696156
>the director has very little power in the Institute
You have the power to make the decision to EXECUTE people.
That's pretty significant.
>>
>>317696608
Nah, it's
1. Yes
2. No, but game forces you to the same conclusion as yes anyways
3. Maybe (Still means yes)
4. Sarcastic
>>
>>317681593
It probably was a hard puzzle for a big portion of the player base who probably didnt pay attention to the markings while following the Freedom Trail. At least it took me a sec to figure it out because I didn't think of writing down the code assuming that the game would do it for me (like it does with other codes).
>>
>figure out eddie winter password
>game doesn't allow you to do it yourself, has to go through nick

they could've put in a dialogue option that would impress Nick
>>
>>317699020
I stopped for a moment to think if I should write it down or not, but then I realized it was a modern Bethesda game so I decided against it.
>>
>>317698747
Execute outsiders. You are just a coordinator for the real power which is held by the division heads.

Most hate the director and two of them openly consider mutany. Particularly the head of the synth development, you know, the guy who has his own personal army of robots who could take over the institute in a moments notice. Thats assume the synths who are given freen will dont wise up and revolt themselves.
>>
>>317697963
>>317698286
This, there's a shit ton I hate about this game. But it's open world and the content therein is some of the best I've seen.

Maybe not THE best, but really damn close.
>>
>>317699108
The two guys in the botanical lab weren't outsiders.
>>
File: 1446689601250.jpg (41 KB, 749x512) Image search: [Google]
1446689601250.jpg
41 KB, 749x512
Brotherhood
Institute
or
The Railroad?

Which one is the best one to side with? Does the Institute ever fucking tell you why they're murdering wasterlanders and replacing them? Obviously for intelligence, but what do they say?
>>
>>317699198
It's detailed, unlike Oblivion or Fallout 3, but that doesn't help too much when there's not much content in it and the content that is there isn't written too well or executed too well.
>>
>>317699275
They all shit eating fanatics.
>>
>>317699275
Minutemen is good ending
BoS is Bethesda's forced FO3 tier 'we are the good guys now!' Ending
Railroad are literal retards
Institute is evil due to ignorance and basically a shitty Enclave.
>>
>>317699275
I'm going Railroad my first go of it.
mostly because those douchebags in the BoS kept insulting my boy Nick and that shit don't fly
>>
>>317699275
MINUTE MEN
E
N

O
F

M
I
N
U
T
E
S
>>
File: 1387988512917.jpg (109 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
1387988512917.jpg
109 KB, 640x853
>>317693867
>salutations, my fallout lovers
>>
>>317699221
The other directors gave the okay on that.

The director is literally a puppet.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.