[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>creates perfectly functional, sythetic humans >can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: maxresdefault.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
146 KB, 1920x1080
>creates perfectly functional, sythetic humans
>can't cure cancer
>>
>electric stuff still work after 200 years
>power armor needs batteries
>>
>>317378203
Couldn't you get rid of Caesar's brain tumor with an old Auto-Doc? I'm supposed to believe Father couldn't get rid of his cancer with all the Institute's technology?
>>
File: 1447203447826.jpg (40 KB, 428x359) Image search: [Google]
1447203447826.jpg
40 KB, 428x359
>>317378203
>can't cure cancer
>irradiated nuclear wasteland
>>
>Fusion cores power generators for hundreds of years
>Last 10 minutes in power armor
>>
Was it cancer? I thought it was just radiation and his body couldn't han oooohhh
>>
>Put on leg armor
>Chems last longer
>>
>either kill or nuke the commonwealth
>can pacify a fucking yao guai
>can't pacify son

ewewewew
>>
>Jet is a drug made in New Reno by Myron, hence it being called the Reno-Experience.
>Jet was available as a pre-war drug and was stocked in Vaults and referenced on terminals from pre-war.

FUCK MUH LORE HARDER SENPAI
>>
>>317378203
Yeah, this made no sense at all. Even when you try to ask if there's a way to help him, he's just like, "No, we've dun science an it didn't werk". The way he's killed off with all this handwaving reminds me of trying to send a companion into the water purifier pre-DLC in Fallout 3. I wouldn't be surprised if curing him is part of some planned DLC.
>>
File: Fallout 4.jpg (149 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4.jpg
149 KB, 1920x1080
>>317378203
>got into the Institute
>betrayed Institute at Bunker Hill
>told Father to go fuck himself
>banished from the Institute
>can't save synths with Patriot
>Railroad tells me to join the Minutemen
>Hate the minutemen and sanctuary and building
Welp, looks like it's time to join the Brotherhood of Nazis. Sieg Heil!
>>
>>317379508
>Couldn't you get rid of Caesar's brain tumor with an old Auto-Doc?
Yup.
Also if I remember right, with high enough medicine skill you could have done it yourself.

Lazy writing, shit gameplay, and yet I spent hours killing raiders with my waifu.
How are they doing it.
>>
>>317380036

On the genomic level it's basically the result of your DNA fucking up and accumulating errors.

Destruction of telomeres leaves DNA exposed to mutation and point deletions and whatnot.

However, these errors are normal and harmless in most people because specialized white blood cells, called "Killer cells" track down and destroy these cancerous cells before they spread.

Modern gene therapy that cures cancer works by enhancing the amount of "Killer cells" a person's body produces.
>>
>>317380268
this shit pisses me off the most.
>>
>>317380632

Ad victoriam, brother.
>>
File: 1435885179620.png (754 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1435885179620.png
754 KB, 569x802
>200+ years after the war
>Civilization on the East Coast is still unable to construct anything beyond poorly made shacks made with junk that has holes everywhere
>>
>>317379508
Getting rid of tumor /=/ Curing Cancer

You can't just cut out the tumor and call it cured, there is many, many inoperable forms of cancer especially if it's metastasized which means cancer cells have spread into his bloodstream and can pop up anywhere.
>>
>>317380882
Been playing through all the factions, and BOS is by far the best.

Ad victoriam.
>>
>>317381153
>You can't just cut out the tumor and call it cured
>>
>perfects artificial intelligence
>dude im so close minded lmao
>they cant ever be self aware, just machines
>im so evil hohohoho
how would they even get to this point without even having a clear idea of what it actually means to be "alive"?
I'd think that the institute would be one of the few that actually consider them self aware, because they fucking created them
>>
>>317380956
They can, it's just part of the aesthetics. You don't understand the aesthetics. They set up perfectly good buildings and punch a few holes in them, and throw some trash around it and inside and it looks good.
>>
>>317378203

I swear when this faggot died I just didn't care at all. You can tell Bethesda just wrote that bullshit in to give you an excuse to lead the institute, which was in itself stupid. Your character barely even reacts.

I seriously can't believe this is by the same guys that made Morrowind.
>>
>>317381262
You can treat cancer. You can't cure it. Caesars brain tumor was at an early stage and was more easily operable; Cancer is just a term we use for many diseases, there is no end cure for all (yet)

Best you can do is treat the symptoms, and that isn't saying Caesar couldn't relapse.
>>
>create synths to sweep the floor
>go out of their way and give them the ability to think and feel
>"They're just machines"
why
>>
File: 1440595971177.jpg (872 KB, 1600x1036) Image search: [Google]
1440595971177.jpg
872 KB, 1600x1036
>>317378203
existence of one kind of technology does not mean that everything else exists too, I mean have you played a single space game? you have shit like jumpdrives and FTL travel and people still age and die

Aztecs built some pretty complex floating gardens and had decent architecture and they still didnt have a fucking WHEEL

its not that unbelievable at all desu, but since this is just another thread to shit on something popular, I dont know why I even bother

>>317379508
I hated that part in NV, is the legion so fucking starved for doctors that they let some random COURIER do the surgery? I did not even join the legion and could still attempt (my medicine was low so he died) a surgery, they did not even TEST my skill first
>>
If I remember correctly volkert says "even with this advanced technology we still cant cure a common cold"
Which implies he may have died from a mutated common cold.
Also, in the synth manucfacturing plant, theyre shown to be built as full humans with human organs. how come they still have mechanical parts.
>>
File: Fo_Holo_Generator.png (8 KB, 124x120) Image search: [Google]
Fo_Holo_Generator.png
8 KB, 124x120
>>317381526
I'm pretty sure if you give enough radiation, he can mutate his cancer out of his body and I wouldn't be surprise if an Auto Doc can cure cancer. It seem like the one thing that the East Coast DOESN'T have, apparently.
>>
>>317381782
Augmentations after; like with how kellog had some upgrades.
>>
>>317380632
HATE MINUTEMEN
nothing wrong with them even if they're essentially the Yes Man choice for this game. You don't have to take a stand on morals or ideals if you choose Minutemen.
>>
>>317378203
>creates perfectly functional, sythetic humans
>can't create a healthy synthetic body for himself
>>
>>317381910
Which raises the question of why couldnt he augment himself
Or how the institute scientists despised kellog for his augmented life span DESPITE having the technology to give him the augmentations, which means they could have manufactured them for themselves
>>
>>317381917
But the Minutemen are complete moralfags who accomplish nothing
>>
>>317381526

You're telling me they can turn make Kellogg live for over 100 years but they can't treat cancer? Presumably if they made Kellogg over 100, they'd have found a way to at least prevent stuff like cancer and dementia because those are the primary things that kill you in old age. I find it hard to believe they can turn some random mercenary immortal but they won't do it to the guy that leads them.
>>
>>317382154
Yes that was kind of the point of the spoilered part of my post. They're a self insert faction that does as much as you do for them and helps poor fucks to have a home and defend themselves from raiders. None of the other factions really accomplish anything from what I've heard because the ending cinematic is supposedly the exact same except for one extra slide from the institute, no matter if you were a saint or a complete dickhead to everyone you meet.

HATE ENDINGS
>>
>>317382419
You said that you don't need to take a stand on morals/ideals but The Minutemen all have a clearly clear take on all of that and literally cannot change despite you being the leader
>>
File: 1442848769504.gif (928 KB, 480x396) Image search: [Google]
1442848769504.gif
928 KB, 480x396
Couldn't he just transfer his brain to a synth?
>>
>>317381917
The only reason I felt bad was because Presto believed in something that was righteous only to have it tear itself apart before him. Other than that the Minutemen had no plan. No attempt to colonize/settle the commonwealth. Just "lets hide around the castle with our thumbs up our dicks until some settlement cries raiders"
>>
File: Data_and_Graves.jpg (375 KB, 728x728) Image search: [Google]
Data_and_Graves.jpg
375 KB, 728x728
>>317382582
Every man has his time
every man
>>
>>317380632
"Fallout 3 was my first Fallout" babby spotted.
>>
>>317382582
I remember reading a terminal about him trying to put his memories/consciousness into that kid synth but dont remember anything else because I couldn't be paid to care about the institute really.
>>
>>317381414
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVscQYjuq_s
>>
>>317378203
>200 years into a postapocalyptic fend-for-yourself wasteland
>somehow Darwinism has had no impact and there are still shit, weak, diseased people that haven't died off due to lack of medicine or just getting fucked over by Raider, the Brotherhood, Super Mutants, or Ghouls.
>>
>>317382578
What I meant was to side with Institute you must take a stand that BoS/Railroad are wrong and kill them; side with BoS kills railroad/institute; railroad kills BoS/institute.
Nobody cares about the Minutemen enough to kill them. They are a choice that doesn't really involve morals
With institute vs railroad it's "do you think synths are human enough for rights? Do you think they're self aware? Do you think institute killing and swapping humans for synths is 'for the good of mankind' or pure evil?" Etc

Choosing brotherhood is "all technology that we don't own is an abomination"

Choosing Minutemen is "I can't decide between the 3 real factions and I want to end the main quest."

>>317382582
He did.
>>
>>317382882
kek
played and loved FO 1 and 2. What makes me seem like a newshitter? Disliking the Institute, who keep Synths as slaves and consider them property?
>>
File: 1445369046113.jpg (9 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1445369046113.jpg
9 KB, 342x342
>>317382924
>>317383029
>The kid

Shit, I saved him. Did Father just bamboozle me into saving him? Where is the kid after the main quest ends?
>>
>>317380251
Uh maybe the leg armor has some sort of IV system that directly delivers all chemicals into the blood stream more effectively?

Fuck why am I defending todd's bullshit
>>
>>317382882

I don't really blame him for fucking over the Institute. I sided with them and they gave absolutely no justification for any of the shit they do. Shaun promises to explain everything but he just handwaves shit away and tells you to go recapture some escaped Synths and some other bullshit.

I get the whole not wanting Synths to be free thing, but I cannot for a moment understand the justification for kidnapping and murdering people then claiming they misunderstand you.
>>
File: dank.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dank.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
>>317380251
>put on leg armor
>become harder to detect while crouching
>>
>>317382970
It has. The institute are the closest to unaffected humans to the war except the main character and they plan to never leave the bunker, so they "won" on a Darwinian scale. They can and do completely shit on the outdated and ancient by comparison tech the settlement scrubs or even the brotherhood has, and they have developed xenophobic behavior so horrible that they think their actions are justified. So, they went crazy but they're in the best chance to win by evolutionary and biological success.
>>
>>317383132
>>317383384
"Brotherhood of Nazis"
>>
>>317380674

Hell, with 9 luck you could accidentally do it.
>>
>>317378203
You know what the real plot hole is? it's not that he couldn't cure cancer. It's that he didn't make a perfect Synth of himself to continue his legacy.
>>
>>317383474

They are Nazis in FO4, though. The BoS in FO1 and 2 weren't a bunch of crusaders that wanted to purge the wasteland of mutants and protect people, they were just a cult that hoarded technology and wanted the savages to stay out of their way. It doesn't even make sense that the BoS want to kill the Synths, they should want to capture them for themselves.
>>
>>317381917

Who is the House choice?
>>
>Talking with robo-kid
>Shaun walks out unnoticed
>Foot comes into field of view
>Panic and pop him in the face with my revolver
>Drops like a ton of bricks
>Freewheel it on outta there
>>
What are the meme graphic settings in this game, aside from godrays?
>>
>>317381623
They're sexbots on the side so they use their emotions their.
>>
>>317378203
>gets cancer and dies
>not just becoming a ghoul

Way to rape the lore even more Bethesda
>>
>>317378203
That's not even the worst of it.

There is literally a sidequest to port curies mind to another body, and the quest even touches on the fact that it is possible to do so even to a human brain and not just AI to AI.

Yet he can't upload his minds data to synth, even if it wasn't him (swampman theory etc...) it still would carry on a perfect legacy and be the best leader the institute could hope for.
>>
>>317383673

The Institute. You purge Boston of outside invaders like the BoS and tell everyone you're in charge now and they better listen the fuck up.
>>
>>317382276
>immortal
Pay attention retard. They said his life span got increased to around 150 to 200, he's not fucking immortal
>>
>>317383394
It could be camouflaged
>>
>>317383795

We're reaching fallout 3 levels of woulda, shoulda.
>>
>>317381782
>>317381964
We Blade Runner?
>>
>>317378203
>insists they aren't dicks
>they actually mostly aren't
>except they kidnap innocent people and replace them with synthetic versions for.... reasons? and generally act like a literal boogeyman because reasons
>insist they're just misunderstood

they should have made the synths less obviously human so their emotion was more debatable, and had the institute not actually be the boogeyman. They're just complete cunts.
>>
>>317380259
This isn't true, just beat the game yesterday and that's not how it ends you shit
>>
>>317382717
They were taking back the commonwealth.

A future with the minutemen seems like it would be more settlements around the wasteland and heavy patrols and opposition/infestation wiping.

Bring down the level of violence around the wasteland, reestablish stability and a reliable system of justice, allied settlements trade and engage in politics...

wala, we west coast now
>>
>>317383863

The point remains the same you raging cum goblin.
>>
>>317383889
>supermutant, pls go into the purifier
>no
>>
why did they make synthetic humans?
if it was for free work force then it would be better to keep those robotic toasters.
>>
File: 2015-11-20_00002.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-20_00002.jpg
302 KB, 1920x1080
>>317380268
>>317380795
Telling more lies than Todd fucking Howard at this point.

Jet is never found anywhere Pre-War, only on locations already settled by Jet abusing folks like raiders and mercenaries, the fucking MC has no fucking idea what Jet is when that chairlady asks him for it.

Go show me the evidence of Jet being pre-war in Fallout 4, I only found evidence it isn't.
(The MC not knowing what it is)
>>
>>317383808

Great! He doesn't make you kill the minutemen though, right? They're the only faction I don't want to mess with.
>>
>>317383673
Institute despite their many, many flaws or Minutemen for muh settlements and muh common man.

Institute can also be Caesars legion because of their atrocities, and the railroad have good ideas but are SJWs to a flaw.
>>
>minutemen for people who don't want to make a choice
No, I want the other factions to be less retarded and listen to me, but that would remove bethesda's illusion of tough choice making.
>>
>>317384057
Didn't they fix that with DLC or something? I just finished FO3 last night and Fawkes went into the purfier no problem.
>>
>>317384028
But there was no follow up quests! "Well general, the Institute is taken care of, now its time we focus on the raiders or muties" Like take out a stronghold with fellow minutemen or something not just the neverending fetch quests from settlements.
>>
>>317380632

They tell you to join the minutemen? I had the bitch running it telling me to join them and not the minutemen prior to battle of bunker hill because the minutemen won't take care of muh synths.

Seems like every faction except the Institute have sympathetic or supportable characters. Minutemen have Sturges, BoS has Danse, Railroad has Deacon.

Institute's got your autistic son.

>>317383029

Hell you have to defeat the BoS for the railroad? Fuck that then.
>>
>>317384121
>Jet is never found anywhere Pre-War, only on locations already settled by Jet abusing folks like raiders and mercenaries

>hack/lockpick into pristine pre-war room
>jet is present
>>
>>317383795
>and the quest even touches on the fact that it is possible to do so even to a human brain and not just AI to AI.

it does not touch on that fact at all, it worked for curie because she is a robot
>>
>>317384121
I made all my caps manufacturing Jet. Pretty sure I single-handedly turned half of Boston into addicts. Why anybody would want to huff fertilizer is beyond me, but where there's demand, there will be supply.
>>
>>317384212

I doubt anyone can be as "this is the bad guy choice" as the Legion.
>>
Any companions leave you for joining the institute?
>>
>>317381153
Why doesn't he just make a bunch of tiny synths, or shrink some down and put them in his body to kill the cancer cells?
>>
>>317383029
>railroad kills BoS/institute
How does the railroad kill bos?
>>
>>317384280
I attribute that to Todd fucking up.

Prior to the end, they're kicking shit out, moving people in, and patrolling shit. If that continues, peaceful wasteland, settlements grow, /wewestcoast/.
>>
>>317384349
The institute brought it up in talking about Kellog, iirc Shaun condemned altering humans and forced them to stop working on shit like that.
>>
>>317383795
I can understand why he doesn't consider that since he can't consider synths as capable of real emotion or having any form of humanity.
I get the impression he'd rather die a human, with a soul, since he is fighting for humanity, than become what he considers a mere robot.
Why creating copies of people and replacing them is important really does baffle me though
>>
>>317384454
deacon and danse, whatever faction you choose you lose the other factions companions after you do a few quests
>>
>>317384003
No seriously why did they kidnap people?
And why did were they so insistent that the synths are just machines when they, their designers and creators, would obviously know differently?
>>
>>317384527
The BoS put all their eggs in one basket -- a hydrogen dirigible. Just think about that for a second.
>>
>>317384163

There's one quest involving the Minutemen but you can handle it diplomatically if you have enough Charisma.
>>
File: tumblr_neuvq25KvC1r4vymlo1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neuvq25KvC1r4vymlo1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>317378203
>Can't transfer his consciousness into a synth so he can live forever
>Can't use the "cure everything" medication on him
>>
>>317384284
Yeah of the 3 main endings (all but the Minutemen), you have to kill the other two. None of them has you kill the Minutemen.
>>317384426
The point of this game was supposedly hurr everyone has their good and bad but who is the least grey? By that logic, the Minutemen are, but they don't do as much good as the other 3 factions either. Supposedly the legion was supposed to be less comic book villainy but obsidian cut like their main city and shit that was supposed to show you life ain't so bad if you aren't 1) a woman 2) a slave
>>
>>317384327
>210 years since the bombs fell
>there exist untouched pre-war rooms

Also
>random low-end loot placement
>lore reasonable in such a big game
HOLY FUCK WHAT'S THE LORE EXPLANATION BEHIND THAT DEATHCLAW DROPPING A PIPE RIFLE
>>
>>317384636

Not great, I guess I'll have to have some drugs and my finest Tux ready by then.
>>
>>317384610
Those I can live without, thanks
>>
>>317384546
Fuck if they sell a cut content dlc with based on that I'm done. I'm cutting my thumbs off and converting to Amish
>>
>>317384527
They tell you to do it for them, that's how.
You know, the only way any faction seems to be able to do fucking anything in the game.
>>
>>317384630
Hindenburg say what?
>>
>>317384624
>just machines
>their designers and creators, would obviously know differently
What's funn is that their designers and creaters think they know differently.
Synths are just glorified walking computers, that's it, they would just be empty synthetic corpses without their operation system, synth's are by definition not life forms, they don't age or reproduce.
>>
>>317384003
Institute arent dicks. they replace innocent people for a reason. That guy in warwick homestead experiments with different seeds to grow better crops. McDonough gives reports from the biggest city in the commonwealth so the insitute knows whats happening

>>317384527
Theres an ending for every single faction.
but all of them are destroy every other faction, except minutemen, you dont have to destroy the railroad if you side with gorilla kommando
>>
>BoS manages to make the Prydwen in only a year, the other two years were spent gathering parts
Is a year really a reasonable amount of time to build that giant ship?
>>
>>317384642
>>Can't transfer his consciousness into a synth so he can live forever
That wouldn't really be his consciousness, though. Like with Nick- his consciousness is that of a pre-war cop, but he's not really the same guy. From the perspective of the pre-war cop, the pre-war cop died. He didn't get to live on through Nick, but to anyone else, it seems like the same guy, just in a synth body.

Then again, the same argument could be made with the transporter disassembling and reassembling people at the molecular level.
>>
>>317384692
>HOLY FUCK WHAT'S THE LORE EXPLANATION BEHIND THAT DEATHCLAW DROPPING A PIPE RIFLE
Swallowed it whole in a feast of blind bloodlust.

>>317384692
>there exist untouched pre-war rooms
Good, you comprehend my words.
>>
>>317384871
Did you not hear shaun on the roof of the C.I.T.? "Eugh there is dirt on the roads and these buildings are all gross looking, humanity is lost, we'll wipe them out and start over with us."
>>
File: a tree has a gf and you dont.jpg (76 KB, 556x408) Image search: [Google]
a tree has a gf and you dont.jpg
76 KB, 556x408
>>317378203
Isnt everyone on chemotherapy in Fallout anyways?
>>
>>317384852
"Oh the humanity?"
>>
>>317384871
Nope, it choosing to side with the minutemen will make the BoS hostile, but the minutemen don't have a quest to get rid of the Prydwen.
>>
>>317384642
>Zombie loli
Season 2 when
>>
>>317384871
can't they just find a way to grow and sell crops without replacing people though?
It seems like a pretty roundabout way. Plus involuntary human experimentation is still a bit of a dick move. Especially if you kidnap, remove and replace someone's dearly loved and trusted relative, so you can get your doppleganger to run experiments on them
>>
>>317385047
But shaun is dead
>>
>>317385202
Well that's gay as shit. What reason does the BoS have to hate/fear the Minutemen?
>>
>>317384998
It takes 3-4 years to build a world class naval super carrier right now.

A year for a giant airship is entirely reasonable.
>>
File: 1443144926295.jpg (21 KB, 235x287) Image search: [Google]
1443144926295.jpg
21 KB, 235x287
>>317384630
>hydrogen
You gotta be shitting me
>>
>>317385273
Those laser muskets use crank action technology humanity isn't ready for.
>>
>>317385348
Oh the huge manatee
>>
WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY MAKING SYNTHS ANYWAY
>>
>>317384630
>>317384871
Okay but does Danse hate me even after completing Blind Betrayal and he's technically not Brotherhood?
>>
>>317380268
Maybe Jet was a Pre-War experimental chem developed by Vault-Tec and a surviving Vault-Tec employee showed to people in New Reno how to make it years before you show up. Why am I defending Fallout 4's fuck ups?
>>
>>317385273
They hate you for taking out the Institute without them.
That's it.
They are just hostile.
>>
>>317385263
But that's how he thinks and thats how the institute thinks. Years of him bashing the wasteland arent going to be undone now that you;re in charge. You can the board whatever you want, they're still not going to change what theyve been indoctrinated to believe for the last century.
>>
>>317385242
Everyone hates the institute, they cant just make a settlement in the dirt without getting attacked left and right by literrally everyone.
The kidnap and infilitrate way seems to be the most efficent way apparently
>>
>>317378203
How many times does /co/ have to say?
>>
File: 1445437460297.jpg (22 KB, 235x274) Image search: [Google]
1445437460297.jpg
22 KB, 235x274
>>317384630
>a hydrogen dirigible
>>
>>317384692
>random low-end loot placement
>lore reasonable in such a big game

>AAA developer not taking the time to have a "pre-war?" flag for their containers so this doesn't happen aka attention to detail
>>
>>317385273
not that guy, I don't actually recall it telling me I was at war with those guys when I decided to side with the minutemen.
Also fuck the game for not warning you before you lock down the side you pick.
>>
>>317385413
Oh shit, I left a toaster in the workshop. I imagine BoS has annexed the castle by now.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 341x328) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 341x328
>>317378203
>Synths can think and feel, and make their own decisions
>NO DUDE THEYRE TOTALLY JUST MACHINES WITH NO FREE WILL.

Fucking Christ my son is retarded
>>
>>317380674
>shit gameplay
Hey now, the gameplay is at least decent this time.
>>
File: CMYMMdkXAAAa-IB.jpg (29 KB, 384x383) Image search: [Google]
CMYMMdkXAAAa-IB.jpg
29 KB, 384x383
Daily reminder that the Institute is the best option because you become the leader and can change whatever you don't like about it.

>BOS Jews away all tech except the tech they can't have, so they nuke it

>Railroad is literally ISIS with 0 concern for anything other than their backwards views
>Save syths from having their memory wiped by wiping their memories

>Killing the institute sets back all technological advancement since the war

Side institute
Don't fight the minutemen

The surface and the underground get fixed and humanity advances
>>
>>317385446
Because they're the future
I really don't want to end the institute because some of those guys seem really neato and helpful, but father is an utter dick.
>>
>>317385654
posting shad should be a bannable offense

i hate him so much
>>
>>317385654
>Siri can make it's own decisions based on input
>DUDE ITS TOTALLY NOT A SOFTWARE
>>
>>317385446
Same reason scientists do anything: because they can. They straight up tell you that when you get there. They were workers before then the perfectionism most scientists have kicked in and they decided fuck it, let's make humanity "better" by making it ourselves.
>>
>>317385446
Because they're fucking retarded.

>We actually want to help people - lets spend 200 years developing useless technology! and build an army and secret police with it! Helping!

The institute is just a collection of amoral faglords who actively make the world around them worse (Assassinating all those commonwealth diplomats for all of no reason, University Point)
>>
>>317380956
>70 years after we nuked Japan
>Nagasaki and Hiroshima are relatively modern towns
What the fuck this is nothing like my Fallout games. Those gooks are supposed to be living in shacks made of corrugated metal.
>>
>>317385523
Don't they hate the institute for all the kidnapping and infiltration though?
>>
>>317385509
Wooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwww Thanks Todd. Just like when I showed up after building the teleporter with the minutemen. (fuck off all my shit is stored in sanctuary, Im not pack muleing it all to the other side of the map) and Maxson is all pissed off.
>>
>>317385461
I havent done brotherhood run but if Im correct once danse leaves for the quest where you have to hunt him down he isnt available as a companion anymore.
Also a good tip, take any companion to the atom cats garage and command him into their armor thats just standing there, the companion will get in and atom cats wont be hostile
>>
Is shaun black if you make both parents black aswell?
>>
Am I the only one that chose Minuteman, finished the main story, and wasn't hostile with BoS? Literally went to the Prydwen and did more quests for the Knight-Captain with no problems.
>>
>>317378203
>thinking scientific advancement is an absolute spectrum and that "if you're advanced enough to do this you also have to be advanced enough to do all of this stuff that I deem "less scientifically advanced""
>>
>>317385597
Bruh I dumb lucked out and made a save before I stepped on the teleporter. After 70 hours in I almost shit when I realized you get locked out of endings.
>>
>>317385654
He designed their "free will"

How free is a will that is programmed? They are designed to mimic humans to humans, but that does not mean they are sentient.
>>
>>317384279
>Didn't they fix that with DLC or something?
Yep and you're considered literally worse than Hitler for sending Fawkes in there when he is the objectively best choice for the job since radiation does jack shit to him.
>>
>>317383474
"Brotherhood of cryptic twats" better for you?
>>
File: Schopenhauer.jpg (13 KB, 250x298) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer.jpg
13 KB, 250x298
>>317385965
Please stop with this shit and go read Schopenhauer's "On the freedom of the will'".

Theres no functional difference between a human will and a gen 3 synths.
>>
>>317385709
But I like my synth Curie and by siding institute doesn't she essentially say fuck you to the MC?
>>
>>317385654
>synths are made as pure humans without any mechanical parts, and thus are literrally humans
>no bro theyre machines
I still sided with the insitute for some reason mostly because Railroad are SJW white knights, Brotherhood is a discount badly made spess muhreens and minutemen are beyond pathetic
>>
>>317385796
2 baby stage nukes
in the fallout verse it was world wide destruction with high yield mega fucking bombs. Tectonic plates shifted, the sky was black for years all around the globe, mass extinction of many animals.
>>
>>317385064
chemotherapy =/= radiation

even then radation =/= radiation therapy
>>
>>317385854
No you can spare him and then he still can be a follower. I mean if I side with a faction that kills BOS after that
>>
>>317385523
If I were them, assuming we had envirodomes, I'd take over the glowing sea area and spread south up.
>>
>>317386134
There is a significant one, you can't turn off a human with a number made by a human, nevermind what one fucking philosoph said.
>>
>>317385709
Except you're wrong.

You become the leader of whichever faction you choose, clearly you've only done the Institute questline.
So technically you can change whatever you don't like about any of the factions once you go through with everything. You also get the option to let everyone escape before blowing up the Institute so the science is still there, in the heads of the people who escape.

Also, you really don't think the BoS wouldn't jew away all the tech possible from the Insitute and use it in a more humane way once they understand it, and stop it falling into the wrong hands of those who would abuse it, which is pretty much their ethos?

The ONLY thing they want rid of is Synths, and even then the only thing really keeping that going is Elder Maxson, who you replace.

Brotherhood is Best, become the leader and go all Elder Lyons on them.
>>
>>317386270
You can turn off a human with a gun made by a human.
>>
>>317386159
Copy her brain, edit/block whatever would make her leave you, upload into waifu body 2.0.
>>
>>317385897
I'm a black male with a white wife. Shaun is black.
>>
>>317385654
>the shit you've witnessed and the time you've spent with free synths
>can't talk about any of it to the people ignorant to synths free will and emotion
also
>take Curie to the Prydwen
>everyone just says "nice robot!"
does anyone at least acknowledge nick?
>>
File: Wasteland Waifu simulator.jpg (2 MB, 1740x1140) Image search: [Google]
Wasteland Waifu simulator.jpg
2 MB, 1740x1140
>>317386159
Not at all. If anything, siding with the institute is the best option for Curie because she can finally further her research.

She certainly regrets that there wasn't any other way to solve the problem, but she recognizes that it was for the greater good of science.

>TFW head of minutemen and Institute with Corser Curie by your side
>>
>>317386159
Curie leaves when you join institute?, well shit now I have to reload
>>
>>317386270
You can turn off a human by any number of things made by humans.
>>
>>317385960
When do you get locked out? I just went to institute and got the first find this synth quest. At what point do I choose and how do you go Minutemen? I want to get all the endings to compare.

Also how the fuck are you supposed to afford KLEOs armor? It doesn't matter since I'm now constantly using X1 power armor, but I want it.
>>
>>317383029
Well to be fair, the game does need an opt-out since there is a good few times where you can piss off the factions, but the Minutemen really suffer from underdevelopment. It seems instead of actual quests they got slapped with the radiant crap which I entirely blame on settlement construction.
>>
>>317386270
That synth can turn you off with a bullet to the skull.
>>
>>317385751
But they don't regard synths as anything to do with humanity, even though they regard them as the future of humanity.
>>
>>317386395
>>317386728
>>317386761
>shutting off a computer is the same as killing a man
Can you put another OS on the human afterwards?

Just fuck off, you can literally plug a USB into a synth and install motherfucking jellybean on him, I'm actually sad you can't install some radio firmware on a synth body and put lights in his eyes so you can decorate your room with the robot hull.
>>
>>317378203
why doesn't he just make another identical person then and you can let the cancer'd one rot or whatever
>>
>>317385709
>Side with Institute
>Regardless of your input Synths still continue to replace people, generations raised in the Institute still think the same about the wasteland

>Side of the Brotherhood
>Wipe out anyone who refuses to cooperate
>Guard and/or watch over all technology that's too dangerous for free use
>>
>>317386891
>Can you put another OS on the human afterwards?

Not yet. However it wouldnt be impossible to repair the tissue damage and restart the body with a new brain, which wouldnt have the memories and links of the old.
>>
>>317386891
>shutting off a computer is the same as killing a man

If you're shutting it off permanently and that computer contained a 1 to 1 reproduction of a the human brain then yes they are functionally the same thing.

I'm sorry this triggers you.
>>
>>317386734
Towards the very end of each groups last quest. Before you hop in the teleporter in the institute a screen pops up "doing this will make the brotherhood hate you" I assume its like that for the other two. Then for the Minutemen quest when you come back from the institute and talk to the railroad you pick who you;re going to help, them or the Minutemen
>>
>>317386712
Nope. You don't even get a "curie didn't like that"

Her dialogue is "Did they really have to die" and that's about it
>>
>>317387053
>>317387059
Christ just fuck off
>>
>>317380956
At least in west coast they know how to build proper buildings.

I hope obsidian gets to make another Fallout, preferably set in NCR
>>
>>317386891
synths =/= androids
Synths are normal humands artificially created by the institute
Androids are just gen 1s with skin, sort of like valnetine
>>
>>317386735
I have a feeling they'll get fleshed out or do cooler shit with a dlc coming up for the low price of 9.99!! Order now through Bethesda dot com tm etc etc
>>
>>317387179
>stop proving me wrong >:(
>>
>>317387179
No
>>
File: ScreenShot65.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot65.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Is there anyone who actually sided with the Railroad? the whole 'robots are actually people!!" plotline was some SJW tier horse shit
>>
>>317387227
>he's wrong you guys! not totally tired of talking to idiots on /v/!
>>
File: Fallout4_Concept_SynthGen2.jpg (2 MB, 2836x2000) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_Concept_SynthGen2.jpg
2 MB, 2836x2000
To those who think synths are people:

Which generation has rights? 1, 2, 3 or all of them? Would you apply the same rights to toasters? What about animals?
>>
>>317386734
Just quicksave lots.
I haven't got to the railroad lockout bit, I assume the institute locks you in or out if you speak to father on the roof of MIT after two major missions with them
Minutemen lock you out after a big defense of the castle.
Brotherhood locks you in after you rebuild liberty prime, and then find nukes to arm it with, and do the danse "blind betrayal missions" then talk to the blimp captain guy
It was frustrating with the BOS because I couldn't find a dialogue option to say "no, I will not kill my friends for you m8" and then suddenly I'm at war with the faction I'd just helped out shitloads

The institute locks you in or out first though, it'll say "you are now at war with X" when you get locked, and fail all of their quests for you
>>
>>317380259
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>317387312
Except that guy is clearly genuinely retarded
>>
>>317387303
>SJW tier horse shit

while their cause is definetely shit, why does 4chan see the need to label everything they dont like SJW?
>>
>>317387303
I sided with them for the trophy then reverted. They're noble, but batshit insane. Im tolerant of synths, but theyre crazy. Now Tinker Tom and Drummer Boy are cool.
>>
>>317386926
That would make too much sense and it wouldn't ultimately be him. Also, it might start a dangerous tradition.

Head of Robotics about to die? Make him a synth and he'll be head of robotics forever. No new blood necessary.
>>
>>317387198
No, Gen3's aren't based on living tissue, they don't have cells, they just have mechanical components working really closely to the human body, they are still just machines.
>the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death

Tell me how Synths are alive, they don't grow, they don't reproduce, they don't change.

>>317387059
>the code shuts off synths permanently
Nope they don't, it's literally shutting off a PC, not deinstalling the OS.

>>317387053
Tissue damage would be the same as hardware damage in this case.
>>
Bethedsa =/= From software.

Where you find loot has no impact on the lore and it has no story behind it save for very specific pieces.
>>
>>317387197
Say what you want but fallout 4 was chuck full of content, more so than NV and FO3, but replay value isnt as good as NV.
NV had alot more choices and endings, while FO4 is full of interesting shit that wears off after one ending, and the faction quests beyond BoS and institute are fucking boring. Minutemen quests being literal radiant quests
>>
>>317387357
Well their standard "skins" are white so they are 4/5 of a normal human being for voting purposes.
>>
>>317387428
This post is so reddit.
>>
>>317387428
>YOUR TOASTER IS A PERSON TOO HOW DARE YOU USE IT TO COOK TOAST YOU SHITLORD

It sounds pretty SJW to me
>>
>>317378203
>food still eligible after 210 years
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 398x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 398x390
I really fucking hate the new dialogue system. I could never ask people what I wanted or say what I wanted, never enough options and none of the characters explain themselves or their factions enough for me.
>>
>>317387659
Preservatives mang
>>
>>317387629
>things they never said

>>317387659
advanced radiation based food preservation technology
>>
>>317387487
We dont have enough material to rreally say.
But if you look at the manufacturing process in the institute it strongly implies that Gen 3s are for the most part human. Minus reproduction.
>>
>>317387080
Thanks, dodged a bullet there
>>
>>317380956
>post apocalyptic game
>Surprised when the setting is post apocalyptic.

You're right, Fallout 5 should have every one in modern homes and clean clothing. I'm sure everyone would love that. Frankly its the reason I play Fallout games
>>
>>317387303
I agree with the whole "conscious intelligent beings have rights" shtick but they take it a little far, and don't actually do anything else to help anyone.
I also don't see why I have to blow up the institute with any faction when I have a fucking army to just teleport in and shoot anyone who fights back.
But no no, we have to destroy all progress and some relatively innocent scientists too
>>
>>317387742
>things they never said

It was the entire plot point on Synths in the game. That somehow tools are people and should be treated as such
>>
>>317387703
It's been like this in all Fallouts and most RPGs. They rarely account for everything you might want to do or say.

It's the worst when their should be a way to call a faction out on their ideology and debate it.

I was hoping this would have Dude Sex HR tier debates, but of course not.
>>
>>317387357
Well 3's have capacity for emotion and free thought, if they achieve it then I'd consider them people with the same rights.
1s and 2s seem more like clear cut robots.
>>
>>317387303
At first I wanted to, because well I have synth companions and think they deserve to life as much as anyone, than came the moment they wanted me to kill other factions and I was out, reminded me of the fucker House who wanted me to kill the BOS in new vegas, dude had it coming
>>
>>317378203
>210 years passed
>language haven't changed

>no schools
>people haven't degenerated to hood nigga level
>>
>>317384692
>random military outpost
>sentry bots, turrets and shit
>door unlocks with master level terminal
>safe with master level lock
>pipe pistol, jet and bottle caps
>>
>>317387428
Social
Justice
Warrior

"Social justice is the view that everyone deserves equal economic, political and social rights and opportunities."

Which is exactly the railroad's views. Bethesda is trying to make you think synths=niggers and the synth fight is equal to the fight against slavery and therefore just. They even named the freedom fighters "The railroad" after the underground railroad that was used against slavery. BUT THE RAILROAD WOULD HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF ACTUAL SLAVES.
>>
>>317387915
Did they say all tools or synthetic being who believe they are people.
>>
>>317387915
Deacon says that while there is some disagreement in the organisation Dez and him view anything below gen 3 as essentially a "protectron" and only gen3 are worth saving
>>
>>317387303
I did but then told Shaun to screw off after bunker hill and went with the Minutemen

They mean well but I just couldn't get behind it all the way. Nick Valentine made me want to join though.

it is funny though that father at the end where robo Shaun comes with to old castle and gives you fathers holotape says this synth, then says this boy. Even he thought like that at the end.
>>
>>317388016

I'm not hearing a difference.
>>
>>317387764
>minus reproduction
So Curie gets a human-like vag anus and mouth and can't reproduce? Sounds like Nate is gonna have fun.
>>
>>317387987
Slavery was still a thing in 50's America.
>>
>>317387979
I HATE THIS
SO
MUCH

Why is this safe locked so tightly if the only thing in it is garbage?
>>
>>317387816
FALLOUT IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUCKING POST-POST APOCALYPTIC YOU INGRATE
>>
>>317387953
Nick is a 2

>>317387964
>what are raiders
>what are tribals
>implying all degeneration leads to niggerhood

>no schools
there are schools and just because people used to live on a farm didn't mean they couldn't learn to speak reasonably well, count, and do other shit.

They're also surrounded by English interfaces with computers and books they need to understand. Maintaining a proper understand of english is important.

>>317387987
>no knowledge of actual slaves
>situated in a city saturated with pre-war history
>>
>>317387357
People and rights are two 'can of worms' words. Synths by definition are not people regardless.

Anyway, a human personality requires intact cognitive functions, senses, individual traits (A product of personal experience, inborn, etc), and the ability to make decisions (qualifier: not 'free' will because this concept is retarded). So gen 3 Synths have all this and are basically inorganic people (and as such cannot be called people because they're a different species but still).

Gen 1 and 2 synths are clearly just robots. Toasters are toasters. And animals already have rights.
>>
>>317388182
Romanced her Cait, and Piper just to see if I could. I figured once you romanced one you were stuck. Lol nope. Even carried Nora's wedding ring the whole game.
>>
>>317388284
>a post-apocalyptic roleplaying game
>it's just a game

Bravo Todd
>>
File: 1438362990083.png (674 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1438362990083.png
674 KB, 800x600
So i killed all the BoS after doing the quest to kill Railroad. What now
>>
File: 1395886178890.jpg (33 KB, 568x185) Image search: [Google]
1395886178890.jpg
33 KB, 568x185
>>317387818
>Hey so Patriot said we could get 13 synths out
>NOT GOOD ENOUGH
>START AN UPRISING AND GET EVERY SYNTH OUT
>KILL EVERYONE IN YOUR PATH WHO OPPOSES YOU

Alright so Minutemen it is
>>
>>317387917
Maybe but I really noticed it on this game kept wanting to scream at Shaun "these fuckers killed your mom, kidnapped you, and brainwashed you. You are now kidnapping and experimenting on innocent people, what the fuck are you doing?

Just hate that I couldn't say what I really wanted to say. Also I didn't think there was enough dialogue between my character and my choice of companion and partner Piper.
>>
>>317387917
>ave Dude Sex HR tier debates

Human revolution is fucking crap:

>press one of 3 GIANT BUTTONS to pick an ending, (what kind of a studio has a giant delete video, upload video, edit video buttons?)
>boohoo I hate augmented people because my leg does not work and I cant have augs because my genes are shit (no seriously, you can get the guy who sent that virus thing to admit that this is his reasoning)
>nothing you do matters, walk into a police station and kill everyone, who gives a shit,

>in the final mission kill key members of all three factions, so picking an ending is eve nmore stupid
>>
>>317388165
father pls

>>317388246
:/

>>317388284
Only on most of the west coast according to bethesda.
>>
>>317384121
>>317385462
jet is literally made from brahmin shit, a post war animal
>>
>>317387987
how did the legion know of the roman then?
>>
>>317388358
>gave one wedding ring to piper
>other to curie
man if only I could find a third to give to cait after I bone her.
I can't handle that accent though, this is truly the greatest flaw of voice acted RPGs, some fuck eventually will put an irish person in one
>>
>>317387197
>>317380956
>Fallout 1, 2 ,3 , NV
>Homes are either shacks, pre-war or constructed by highly skilled and professional people with special tools like a GECK

Someone post Junktown, New Reno, Primm etc
>>
>>317388246
Yeah but not in 2087 when the bombs hit.
>>
>>317388358
Marriage is until death do you part. And Nora got shot by a cereal company.

At what point does Curie give it up? She's gotten flustered twice past the "admires you" point and my MC flirted successfully back but then it was mostly "oh how do you humans do this? I can't think with so many emotions" and that was the end of it.
>>
>>317378203
Why do you fags always jump on the cancertrain?

No where it is said that he had cancer, it's actually a mystery what he has. The only explaination you get is that you are slowly dying.

Stop being so fucking retarded.
>>
>>317388436
The ending buttons were retarded but making him see reason was well done.

Better then fallout at least.

>nothing you do matters
The idea is to develop beyond this in new titles, not have this just be a thing we can come to expect. Yeah, HR wasn't perfect, didn't think 4 would be either, but seeing some progress instead of the same mistakes is the biggest disappointment.
>>
>>317388667
He literally says its aggressive cancer when the doc is with him and you walk up to talk to him you fucking moron.
>>
>>317388517
placeat.player itemID
>>
>>317388453
>>317388575
Nevermind my joking, but why is there no slavery in Fallout 4?
I didn't find any yet in 130 hours.

Did Bethesda get too much flak for Paradise Falls by triggered black SJW's getting cotton field flashbacks while not playing the game?
>>
>>317388775
He doesn't, make a screenshot to prove me wrong you faggot.
>>
>>317388517
I've never met Cait. Where is she?
>Irish
Oh, ew.
>>
>>317388746
I think bethesda has actually made a lot of progress, stop comparing fo4 to NV and 1 and 2, and compare it to fo3, 4 is a clear improvement
>>
File: 1445862423680.jpg (18 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1445862423680.jpg
18 KB, 245x245
>>317388398
That was my deciding factor as well. Fuck that bitch.
>>
>>317388867
Yeah let me load up a 8 hour old save and do that right now fuckmunch. He says it, go watch a play through. They say it's cancer.
>>
>>317388891

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fallout+4+cait

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Cait
>>
>>317388831
You can sell a boy to a slaver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQCgagwf4AU

so they're somewhere
>>
>>317388892
Nope. Bethesda did bug testing on Fallout NV and published it. They're too entwined with the product to escape comparisons.
>>
>>317388892
technical? yes, still not 2015 AAA level though. they can scale their world down for a smoother experience. they dont.
game design? yes and no
writing? yes, a bit
the direction they are heading in? no
>>
>>317389130
I knew you could sell him but I didn't think he was a slaver, looked more like some Pedo ghoulfetishist, I told him 200 caps are not enough and followed the ghoul to his parents.

To kill them after they paid me, purge the wasteland
>>
File: consider the follow.png (326 KB, 824x666) Image search: [Google]
consider the follow.png
326 KB, 824x666
>>317378203
>People still think there's a cure to cancer
The only way you could cure cancer is if your cells did not degrade in any way at all when they divide.
>>
>>317389129
>he didn't read the last line of my post
What a dipshit
>>
File: zszs6p15.jpg (51 KB, 799x452) Image search: [Google]
zszs6p15.jpg
51 KB, 799x452
>>317389153
NV is made by obsidian a studio known for its writing, you cant expect bethesda to suddenly become good writers because of some other developers work

again fo4 is a big improvement over fo3, even in some aspects of the writing - companions for one thing are greatly improved
>>
>>317387303
I did. I'm trying to do a Mad Max playthrough like I usually do in Fallout. It's all about caps and supplies. I don't want to help people so I didn't do Minutemen. I hate the Brotherhood of Steels ideals. The institute were up to some suspicious shit.

Seemed like the only choice I relatively agreed with.
>>
>>317387357
Only 3s, they're just manmade humans. 1s are robots and 2s are robots with memories and personalities planted in them. Nick's programmed to have free will while Curie's synth form DOES have free will.
>>
File: 1368112623376.gif (2 MB, 352x265) Image search: [Google]
1368112623376.gif
2 MB, 352x265
>>317387403
It's called unfortunate son you shit
>>
File: 140908_martine_rothblatt_2_250.jpg (27 KB, 250x359) Image search: [Google]
140908_martine_rothblatt_2_250.jpg
27 KB, 250x359
>Creates a bunch of satellites and space relay systems that become Sirius Satellite Radio
>then builds an android head replica of her wife with AI so advanced that it's alarming
>can't cure cancer
>>
>>317388284

>POST-POST APOCALYPTIC

This is a retarded concept, which is not taken seriously even in the original game, as almost everything is a desert and most cities are made of trash too.
>>
>>317388398

She was a huge bitch from the get go. I'm not asking for dicksucking but at least show some courtesy. Hell even Danse and the BoS were more polite when I met them at the police station. Whereas Desmondela whatever meets you with enough chips on her shoulder to make guacamole. Hell I met the BoS in the middle of a siege when they were a solitary recon squad in the middle of unknown territory and they didn't hold a gun to my face and grill me like it's gitmo.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.