[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>plays for 22 hours >have yet went to Diamond City Am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 22hrs.png (119 KB, 502x154) Image search: [Google]
22hrs.png
119 KB, 502x154
>plays for 22 hours
>have yet went to Diamond City

Am I playing this game wrong?
>>
Not really, you're exploring because you think there's something worth finding.

As soon as you realize the weapon variety is absolute garbage, then you'll realize exploring is completely pointless and move on.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (12 KB, 235x111) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
12 KB, 235x111
Realized the procedurally generated quests that settlers force you to start expire. I am stuck in a loop of running them then being stuck with more and leaving to do them again.
>>
>>316822879
Pretty much what happened to me. Realized that The Railroad was giving me the same quests as were the minute men, decided to finally do the starting quest and ended up finishing the game in about 2 hours or so.

Ended up finishing the game at level 42 and couldn't be assed to play more.
>>
>>316822520
Maybe.
>>
>>316823676
Aw man, that sucks.

I will say I am enjoying the game so far though. However, I feel like I'm being forced to play as a good character. I'm hoping the modding community will change that.
>>
>wander around
>if enemy -> q -> kill enemy; repeat until no enemies
>take coffee cups and tin cans
>if inventory full, teleport to red rocket to drop off
>repeat until bored
>>
Playing this game was your first mistake.
>>
>>316825847
>hoping the modding community will change that.

They won't.
>>
>>316822520
Nope.
>>
>>316822520

same

played for over 30hrs before finally going there
and im not fucking with base building either
>>
>>316826193
>what is immersion
>>
>>316826630

Yes, that is a question Bethesda developers are still trying to answer.
>>
File: fallout4power2.jpg (153 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
fallout4power2.jpg
153 KB, 1024x576
Still haven't gone there and 40 hours in. Explored the entire top half of the map and holy shit it was boring. There are only 3 places worth visiting at the top. Finding power armour was always cool tho.
>>
>>316826603
I have 50 hours in. Still have huge parts of the map that I haven't explored, and I haven't even entered most of my discovered locations.
This game feels absolutely huge. Especially when you get to the city where you can climb the wreckage of skyscrapers to get to higher places and walk along elevated highways that lead to other buildings.
Protip: Do the USS Constitution missions. Drastically changes the skyline.
>>
>>316827191

yeah, im exactly at 55hrs and ive been running side quests for most of it

the gameworld is immensely lush and detailed

10/10 godly first time playthrough exploration
>>
>>316822520
>Am I playing this game wrong?
Yes. Is there even anywhere to sell your loot besides diamond city and goodneighbor?
>>
Wow, the twelve year olds are out in force.
>>
>playing a game wrong

No such thing pal
I always play melee first and then go shot guns the second playthrough, that way I'll always have more replayability.
>>
I'm only 12 hours in, but I haven't been yet either. I've been exploring and doing side missions and base building most of the time.

I actually kind of love this game.
>>
>>316827972
see you at 40 hours in, bud
>>
>>316822879
Not really. Theres different ways to customize weapons and they actually work. Gives me a reason to loot places. Im not that far in but I keep finding unique monsters like that swan thing in boston.

The city actually feels more like a city too compared to previous games. Im actually surprised that Im able to have some actual fun with this. I expected much, much worse.
>>
You know what /v/? Its not that bad. Hell its kind of fun at times. Its not perfect or great but fallout 4 is still somewhat fun. I expected waaay worse.
>>
>>316828459
>Theres different ways to customize weapons

No point to not use the highest damage receiver, regardless of scopes, stocks etc. The modding was a good idea but the design of the game kills any kind of variety they might have intended.
>>
>>316828459
>I'm not that far in

Well you fucking retard, he was implying that once you actually get far in enough you'll realize it
>>
>>316822520
No, it's just wrong that you're playing this game
>>
>>316828663
Really? Because Id rather not increase the carryweight for everything. I see what youre saying though. But its still fun.

>>316828716
Maybe, maybe not.
>>
>>316828663
>No point to not use the highest damage receiver
completely untrue if you want to do an automatics playthrough
>>
>>316829035
>completely untrue if you want to do an automatics playthrough

I guess? There's not really a benefit to doing that other than being able to say "My gun shoots faster now."

Although even on survival the game is absurdly easy so I guess it's not actually a problem either.
>>
>all these fags with over 40h
>holy shit this game is boring

Are all of you really so retarded that you take that long to realize a game is boring? You goddamn contrarians.
>>
>>316829289
>I guess? There's not really a benefit to doing that other than being able to say "My gun shoots faster now."
i guess there's no point in upgrading at all then
i mean, there's no real benefit except being able to say "my gun does more damage now"
>>
>>316829463
>i guess there's no point in upgrading at all then

You're completely right, even with unmodded guns you can do just fine.

So not only is the loot variety shit, the modding doesn't even come close to making up for it.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.