[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
144hz ASUS VG248QE should i??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 2593315-a.jpg (13 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
2593315-a.jpg
13 KB, 350x350
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=pyJq1AVA
so I'm buying a new pc specs are above^^
What games would i be running at a decent amount of fps and settings that i could use the 144hz monitor to its full potential??
>>
File: Eli.png (1014 KB, 1134x854) Image search: [Google]
Eli.png
1014 KB, 1134x854
>>316818730
With a 970? Mostly Competitive games like LoL or Cs Go. Most games will run 1080p at max 60-70 FPS which is not to shabby..

If I were you I would a 390x and a monitor for $200
>>
>>316819508
so csgo would run at a decent enough amount to play with 144hz?
>>
>>316818730
Use PCPartpicker next time
>>
>>316820148
cs:go can run on fucking toasters

With a 970 you'll be getting 300 fps and it won't matter, because your monitor a shit
>>
>>316818730
Go with a BenQ, they all went a bit cheaper on Amazon recently, at least in the UK.

The BenQ XL2411z is probably right for you. Though check if the XL2470z is available and for the same price, as it is essentially the same thing with some extra features like motion blur reduction.
>>
i asked in a different thread but no one replied and then the thread died. i need a good, cheap motherboard for an i5 4430 and a 960. i have an asrock h97m pro4 in mind but its 90 bucks and im not sure i want to blow that much
>>
>>316820918
thanks yeah i looked at the benq monitor straight after posting this thread and i'll go with that :) for a mouse im thinking roccat kone xtd but not really sure what do you thin??
>>
>>316820468
i built it on there aswell and it came to roughly the same price
>>
>>316818730
If you have an nvidia card you can use toastyx strobe hack and its worth it. 970 will push the majority of games at 120hz with a few of the most expensive settings trimmed (extravagant AA and post processing effects).

I run a 980 with that exact monitor and it looks great no matter what Im playing, even TW3 at 80-some fps.

THAT SAID, if youre not primarily playing shooters/racers, get an IPS panel in 1440p instead. The vg248qe has good colors and resolution and looks fantastic in motion but if you dont need insane response times and framerates then spring for a higher quality image instead.

I got burned out on shooters a while ago and now find myself wishing the screen itself was on par with the PA248q my girlfriend has.

The vg248 looks good enough for everyday use but if youre on psychedelics the glow and washy colors are super apparent.
>>
benq xl2411z is ideal for its highly configurable strobing in 1hz increments for CRT tier motion clarity. if all you want is 144hz, probably any 144hz monitor will do.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.