[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is more fun to play, magic archer or assassin?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: DD_vocations_chart.jpg (178 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
DD_vocations_chart.jpg
178 KB, 700x800
Who is more fun to play, magic archer or assassin?
>>
Mystic Knight
>>
Fighter or warrior
>>
>>316816654
Maybe when PC comes around.
>>
>>316816545
They're both good.
Try them out and see which you prefer.
MA work best if you level as a Sorcerer beforehand, and Assassins benefit from high Strength.
>>
In terms of fun-ness:

Yellow > Red > Blue
>>
>>316816545
Magic Archer is fun in the same way that playing baseball against 12 year olds is
>>
Assassin is objectively the most powerful class, but I love the idea of magic archer.
>>
>>316816545
>not being a pure sorcerer and just abusing the passives from magic knight
It's like you don't even want to summon meteors
>>
>>316816654
Most boring class in the game
Fucking warrior with 3 skills is more fun to play
>>
>warrior has only 3 skills

What kinda retard would allow this?
>>
>>316816737
This to be quite honest with you. Fighters are surprisingly mobile with the right skill set, it's fucking amazing.
>>
>>316817054

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Warrior

It says here Warriors have like, 20
>>
>>316816932
Pretty much this, its way too easy to destroy everything. I dont know about you, but I like to play the game and actually fight things, not press one button and wipe out the whole room. That said though, if you just want to be strong its one of the better classes.

I rather dislike the hybrid classes, they eliminate the need for the token RPG classes and parties, which are the most fun to play, the best RPGs is when everyone in the group has a different role to fill, when you fill all the roles yourself it eliminates the fun of having to account for the weaknesses and strengths of your team, because you can just do everything yourself.
>>
>>316816932
Not since DA
Magic Archer is Hallways: The Vocation, and guess where all of the enemies are now
>>
>>316816959
You're playing it wrong
>>
>>316817312
Only three that they can actively use at one time, I mean.
>>
>>316817375
Also, Assassin's solo strength bonus got nerfed from like 80% to 20%
>>
>>316817363
Maybe I'm retarded, but I never relied on pawns because of their goddamn fucking AWFUL AI. They're way more annoying than helpful, except my main pawn who was always a cool bro.

Am I just bad at the game? Are pawns actually not horrifically awful wastes of time?
>>
>>316817054
The jumping light attack and the light attack combo make up for the deficiency.
Don't need more than Exodus, Arc and Corona anyway.
>>
>>316817463
>80% solo strength bonus

Haha holy fucking shit, it's like he's designed to be broken.
>>
>>316817626
>The jumping light attack and the light attack combo make up for the deficiency.

No it doesn't! The fuck are you talking about!?

And he doesn't "need" any skills at all, but it's fucking boring to only have access to fucking three when everyone else has 6.
>>
>>316817415
?
Spam sigils and cannon, if you do anything else you are useless
>>
>>316817607
Ive had peoples pawns kill drakes for me by themselves. Pawns effectiveness notably varies from one to the other, inclination has alot to do with it aswell as if the owner trained them when and how to use their skills in fights. The game doesnt explain this shit, you need to play as the class your pawn is for a while for them to learn how and when to use what skills in what situations, if you dont show them they just do shit at random.
>>
Do you want to shoot lasers, light yourself on fire, make explosions with your daggers and stack your magic power to insane levels? Pick MA
Do you want to play a class that's only used for its good Strength growth and boring, EZ mode boss killing strategy? Pick Assassin.
>>
>>316818326
>boring, EZ mode boss killing strategy?
Explain further
>>
>>316818386
Dire gouge basically stunlocks every boss.

You just have to mash it.

Sorcerer is best class.
>>
File: record of lodoss war dragon.webm (3 MB, 957x720) Image search: [Google]
record of lodoss war dragon.webm
3 MB, 957x720
>>316817363
Id like if you could give more complex orders to pawns so as to account for my weaknesses on demand, alot of pawns you get tend to be very badly trained or using stupid inclinations, like when they clearly can hit a flying enemy with their bow but they wont fire and just run around with daggers out, whilest youll get others who will unload everything they have on the enemy as soon as they take flight.
>>
>>316817961
Yeah that's waaaaaaaay too much work and reliance on other people, I think I'll just slaughterfuck the game solo with my mage pawnbro to watch my health bar, thanks.
>>
>>316817953
Top lel.
>>
Assassin is shit and the only reason anyone plays it is for the attack stat on level up. Strider is way better. Better bow skills and has Helm/Skull/Brain Splitter which is probably the most op move in the game.

MA has so many ways to play, more than any other vocation. It's fun as fuck.
>>
>class wars again
Goddammit, just when everything was starting settle down
Mystic Knight>Assassin>Warrior>Fighter>Magick Archer>Ranger>Strider>Sorcerer>Mage
>>
>>316819302
Assassins stats are overrated. Just play warrior, get more hp and then clout. You are now able to play any other physical vocation effectively.
>>
File: 1393008728680.png (641 KB, 1168x1080) Image search: [Google]
1393008728680.png
641 KB, 1168x1080
>>316819838
Strider > Sorcerer > Assassin > Warrior = Magic Archer > Ranger > Mystic Knight > Fighter > Mage
>>
>>316820771
Mystic Knight is still too high and fighter is pretty fun class
>>
>>316820771
>fighter that low
Here now, just because you cant shoot enemies down doesnt mean its not a fun class, doing hindsight sweep to dodge attacks and hit back feels fucking great, aswell as perfect blocks followed by that finisher attack. Also they use heavy armour, which is the best looking armour in the game.
>>
>>316817953
Pathetic
>>
File: 1443834892762.jpg (74 KB, 610x395) Image search: [Google]
1443834892762.jpg
74 KB, 610x395
>>316821710
>>316822214
I'll concede that Fighter deserves to be a little higher. Maybe Mystic Knight too now that it won't turn the game into a slideshow. They're all pretty great though.
>>
What skills assassin has, that can make game fun?
I heard he is fastest class, does it mean he is improved strider?
>>
>>316823785
Strider is go fast class, Assassin is pure damage class.
>>
>>316823785
>improved Strider
Brain Splitter has the objectively highest DPS in the game, barring consumables
>>
>>316816545
Magic Archer, bar none.
With Assassin, all you'll find yourself doing to be effective is to jump on them and spam dire gouge/thousand kisses
>>
>people complaining about flying enemies as fighter
Why would you make your character a manlet?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.