[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am innocent!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 21
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 800x800
I am innocent!
>>
>>316811334
how did kojimjim fuck his face up so badly
>>
>>316811334

>innocent

Arguable, but we can't prove it objectively so get on the boat.

>>316811368

Its the face of a man who has been pushed to his breaking point for 9 years.
>>
>>316811368
French mocap actor
>>
File: Lifeboat.jpg (43 KB, 642x479) Image search: [Google]
Lifeboat.jpg
43 KB, 642x479
>>316811334
Shut up and get in the boat.
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 599x849) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 599x849
Sins of (Otacon's) Father.
>>
>>316812132

Once Chapter 3 is released after the Nuclear Disarmament endings are out, I hope we get Huey back.

He might have acted like an asshole, but he was by-far the best written character in MGSV.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 680x489) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 680x489
>I hope we get Huey back.
Prepare every single boats we have!!
>>
GUILTY
ALL COUNTS
>>
>>316812450
>>316812450

Fuck off Miller, you couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt of Huey's guilt.

All you had to do was prove that he made the homemade radio transmitter, instead you and Ocelot entirely glossed over it for no reason.
>>
Reminder that there's literally no evidence against Huey, Venom just went along with whatever baseless accusations Kaz and Ocelot made because they're just dogs of war
>>
Who had the best performance? Huey or Kaz?
>>
>>316812831
*wolves of war
>>
Can someone explain plainly and concisely if Huey killed that one woman in that tube or if it was actually just a suicide?

I know very little MGS lore and have almost no interest in trying to understand it but this is something I've been curious about for a while now. In the tapes Huey seems to genuinely believe it was a suicide but then there's the tapes that have her begging Huey to let her out. Just wtf was going on with this?
>>
>>316814831
He killed her. Listen to the tape, there is a recording of her screaming at Huey, telling him to let her out.
>>
>>316814831
You can't know for sure, but either she went in there alone and Huey wouldn't let her out, or he locked her in and wouldn't let her out. Huey tells it like 3 different ways cause he's full of shit so you can't trust what he says.
>>
>>316814831
I haven't gotten far into chapter 2 but didn't he change the story? He said she got trapped accidentally at first but then he said Skullface killed her and put her in there iirc
>>
>>316815093
Dude, it's been two months, and it's not like the missions are even that hard. How are you so far behind?
>>
>>316811334
Maybe we wouldn't have had to put you on the boat if you could make something that actually works.

Fuck Kojima for deciding not making Battle Gear playable.
>>
D HORSE is donkey!
>>
File: datass.png (1 MB, 1000x861) Image search: [Google]
datass.png
1 MB, 1000x861
>>316815019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1F_0E05ueY

How about YOU listen to the tape? The recording starts when Strangelove is calling out to Huey. Not before, where we can actually hear Huey or any sign of struggle, This is a very important distinction and I believe is intentionally left by Kojima.

Remember:

>There are no facts, just interpretations.

Now the question is WHY. Obviously the first assumption is that she is calling out to Huey because according to what Miller is pushing, Huey "killed" Strangelove. That is one possibility.

However, the OTHER possibility is that she is calling out to Huey for help. Why wouldn't she? We know Huey and Strangelove were both working under SkullFace, so it makes sense that both of them would be in the same lab. Even when she remarks about the hatch closing, she doesn't bring his name up again to tie him to the crime. You would think she would say something like "FUCK YOU HUEY" in this situation, but she doesn't.

>Why didn't I stop the hatch from closing?

In a way, this can be interpreted as Huey closing the hatch. But it can also be interpreted as making one giant fuck up and locking herself inside by accident. She is a AI programmer, afterall.

Now we can argue if Huey was actually in the lab or not, but its basically impossible to say one way or the either.

Huey is NOT GUILTY. Atleast not objectively, like everyone else on /v/ wants you to think.
>>
>>316816364
He's guilty for being c ucked by his own son. That's enough to cast him away for me
>>
>>316816673

Fuck off Miller. Big Boss chose Outer Heaven over your faggot ass. Accept it and move on.
>>
>>316816935
How did big boss build a new outer heaven in total secret? Who were his contacts?
>>
>>316816364
Not sure why you bother giving a reasonably thought out argument here when the immediate response is going to be ad hominem shit like >>316816673
>>
>>316811368
This is what kekolds look like
>>
>>316816364
He's lying. He's lying all the time and he is consistently tied to people around him dying. The only problem I have is with kaz/ocelot not locking him up tight for his entire stay on MB
>>
>>316817065

outer heaven was hidden under the guise of diamond dogs, which was itself a collective of the various pf's around the world. Self- made war economy and all that.
>>
>>316817128
It's pasta
>>
>>316817272
Half the disasters on MB were the direct result of them not keeping a tight lock on Huey.
>>
>>316816364
are you so autistic that you can't hear the tone of anger and frustration in her voice chastising Huey? She blames him for being in there.

Also all the contradictory answers he gives. Nothing he says is the truth. He also built a radio transmitter and I don't remember him denying that.

What is with people sucking his dick? He is annoying, a traitor, and the least redeemable character in the game.
>>
>>316816364
>You would think she would say something like "FUCK YOU HUEY" in this situation, but she doesn't.
>Damn it Huey! Open it now!
Debunked.
>>
>>316817579
But how did he become like this after PW? He looks and sounds like a completely different character than what he was in PW.
>>
>>316817804
9 years of forced labor by a dude that looks like he is from Stephen King's "Thinner"?
>>
>>316817128

>Not sure why you bother giving a reasonably thought out argument

Because sometimes this board has pretty cool people who actually talk about vidya.

>>316817641

>Damn it Huey! = FUCK YOU HUEY

Come on now. The difference is that one is out of spite for Huey and the other can be interpreted as a cry of desperation.

>>316817272

>lying

Have you ever wondered WHY Huey is lying? Did this question ever occur to you? After all, Ocelot injected "Truth" serum into Huey, unless:

>The barbiturates, by disrupting defensive patterns, may sometimes be helpful in interrogation, but even under the best conditions they will elicit an output contaminated by deception, fantasy, garbled speech, etc.

Oh shit, looks like Ocelot seemed to have not known about this very crucial fact. He must be on his period or something. Maybe it could have also been the fact Huey was tortured in a base full of hardened soldiers in the middle of the Ocean. Or the fact that he was forced to work for Skull Face for 9 years. Because that kind of shit would break anyone down who already has self-confidence issues.
>>
File: 4650_Inflatable-SD365-4.jpg (89 KB, 1200x504) Image search: [Google]
4650_Inflatable-SD365-4.jpg
89 KB, 1200x504
get on the huey
>>
>>316818003
But didn't he start lying right from the start, in Ground Zeroes?
>>
>>316811368
Haven't you noticed that Otacon's face changes with every MGS? Pretty much true for Peace Walker and V.
>>
>>316816364
Honstly, Huey is such a habitual liar that it's entirely possible that he did contact Cipher deliberately. He did disagree with Boss getting a nuke after all.

I wouldn't at all put it past him to sell them all out, because he keeps doing it.
>>
File: Huey.png (215 KB, 574x780) Image search: [Google]
Huey.png
215 KB, 574x780
>>
>>316818202
There were really one 2 games

MGS2 and MGS4. He looks older in 4 but is otherwise similar. You can't really see how he looks like in MGS1 (i won't count twin snakes)

Huey on the other hand doesn't look 9 years older at all in V. He just looks entirely different, maybe even a bit younger.
>>
>>316818074
Yes. Huey obviously has lots of stuff wrong with him and his constant lying is one of those things.
>>
>>316818008
>the other can be interpreted as a cry of desperation.
She says "Open it now!". Not "Help me", not "Can you hear me?", she is shouting at Huey because Huey is a liar, a murderer and a dick. There is zero ambiguity here, anon.
>>
>>316814831
>there are people on /v/ right now who have only played MGSV
Cancer.
>>
File: Huey=Kojima.jpg (177 KB, 1000x531) Image search: [Google]
Huey=Kojima.jpg
177 KB, 1000x531
Is every character still David bowie, or is everyone Kojima in mgsv?
>>
>>316819025
explain to me why we are cancer in a concise, intelligible post
>>
>>316818932

>Not "Help me", not "Can you hear me?"

Because like I said, the possibility of Huey actually being in the lab is more likely than not. She doesn't ask because she assumes to know that he "must" be there. Besides, I don't think Strangelove is the kind of person to ask help politely when she is stuck in a life-or-death situation.

>Open it now!

Which would make sense if he was around to open the hatch.

>There is zero ambiguity here, anon.

I disagree because we don't know if he was actually there. We don't hear anything from him at all.

>>316818278

>Huey is such a habitual liar that it's entirely possible that he did contact Cipher deliberately.

I don't understand how anybody would accept this fact without assuming Huey AND Cipher are both retarded. Why? No seriously, why would they do this?

We know Huey values his life over others, probably because the majority of human beings are interested in self-preservation. Despite this, he contacts Cipher and hatches a plan to mutate parasites. If we accept this logic that Miller and Ocelot is spouting as face value, I can see why everyone accepts it. However it just begets more questions. How would Huey control the infection? If he didn't want to, then how would Huey obtain a sample of the Parasites before the infection goes out of his reach? How would he escape Motherbase with the samples before being caught? Was there a place for Cipher to pick him up? Would Huey, realistically pull this off despite Motherbase personnel walking around and being supervised by Miller and Ocelot?

And then we go to Cipher. Why would Cipher want mutated Wolbachia? If the mutation spreads through seagulls, wouldn't this become absolutely impossible for Cipher to control unless they build a giant, electric super dome? Isn't Cipher interested in information control of specific groups of interest, so why would they want a mutated parasite that potentially goes after everyone? What about the Truth tapes? Its a clusterfuck.
>>
Are there any Snake, Huey model swaps of the boat scene yet
>>
File: 1441936993800.jpg (391 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1441936993800.jpg
391 KB, 1920x1080
>Sins of the Father
>Big Boss and Huey are shitty people whos sons end up saving the world and are great guys and totally not gay

its like pottery
>>
File: 1446027735885.png (74 KB, 761x576) Image search: [Google]
1446027735885.png
74 KB, 761x576
>Huey is a mechanical engineer, not biologist
>Implying he can mutate anything
>>
>>316811334
Reasonable doubt
>>
File: batman_begins-123[1].jpg (65 KB, 550x825) Image search: [Google]
batman_begins-123[1].jpg
65 KB, 550x825
>I won't kill you, but I won't save you either
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>316822481
>implying he couldn't build a machine to do the biology work
>>
>>316822481
>people are only capable of doing one kind of science
He was trying to dabble in something outside his field, don't you think that might be why it got all fucked up?
>>
>>316822809
That would still require him to have the biological knowledge to allow the machine to do that
>>
>>316822916

>He was

No he wasn't.
>>
>>316823026
no u just program the computer to be a good biologist
its like u dont even know how to compsci
>>
>>316822481
All he did was irradiate it, and he fucked up.
>>
THERE'D BE NO INSPECTION IF IT WERENT FOR YOUR PRECIOUS NUKE
>>
>>316823194
He's got a point
>>
>>316811334
Huey is an amazing 'villain', because he never knowingly or intentionally commits any of the acts he's charged with, but they all happen because of him.

He's a catalyst.
>>
>>316820081
you are asking too much
>>
>>316822481
It was just a sensor to monitor the parasites so he could give the information to Cypher
He didn't know the radiation the sensors emitted would mutate the wolbachia
>>
File: I'm already a Moomin, Kaz.jpg (547 KB, 741x675) Image search: [Google]
I'm already a Moomin, Kaz.jpg
547 KB, 741x675
>>316814831
>Only playing V
You disgust me.
>>
As disappointing as TPP was, its best moments still made it GOTY
>>
why the fuck was everyone so mean to him
>>
KILL HIM KILL THAT SON OF A BITCH
>>
>>316819064

Everyone is either Hideo or Kojima. In fact the relationship between Big Boss and Meow Gun is reminiscent of their working relationship. A lot of it can also be seen in the relationship between Venom Snake and Big Boss, where of course, Hideo is Venom and Kojima is Big Boss. The rest speaks for itself really.
>>
>>316823214
>Oh hi, Huey, did you have any idea the inspection was a fake?
>YOU'RE ALL EVIL KILLERS! I'M ON YOUR SIDE! I WOULD NEVER BETRAY YOU, THAT'S SOMETHING YOU WOULD DO BECAUSE YOU'RE VERMIN! I ONLY BETRAYED YOU TO HELP! I DIDN'T BETRAY ANYONE!
>>
>>316814831
SKULLFACE KILLED HER
IT WAS SUICIDE
SHE TRAPPED HERSELF INSIDE BY ACCIDENT
AND EVEN IF I DID KILL HER...
>>
>>316823297
>I didn't KNOW I was putting Strangelove in the pod. I was blindfolded, we had a pinata for Hal's birthday and I thought I was pushing the candy into it.
>>
WE WOULD NEVER PUT HAL IN THE COCKPIT I NEVER EVEN SAW HAL IT DIDNT WORK WHEN I PUT HIM IN THE COCKPIT THAT'S A WOLF I NEVER SAW MY SON
>>
>>316823594
He's right, though.

If there was no nuke, there wouldn't have been an inspection, therefore no attack and none of this would have happened.
>>
HES NOT EVEN A DOG
HE'S A WOLF
HE'S A CAT
YOU'RE D-DOG
I AM D-DOGS FATHER
YOU LITERALLY KILLED D-DOG
>>
File: Huey attends a dinner party.png (52 KB, 714x429) Image search: [Google]
Huey attends a dinner party.png
52 KB, 714x429
>>
>>316823297
>compulsive liar
You've fallen for his LIES
>>
>>316820081
If you want something concise and intelligible then you'll never be able to appreciate Kojima's writing.
>>
>>316823608
THERE WAS NO WAY TO OPEN THE POD FROM THE OUTSIDE
SO WHEN I OPENED IT FROM THE OUTSIDE I FOUND HER ALREADY DEAD
>>
>>316823938
The question is, there was no official inspection. There were no records of ANY planned inspection. And Zero wouldn't fake a black ops assault on Big Boss because the Truth tapes just imply that it was Skullface acting on his own since Zero just wanted MSF and by extension Big Boss to be his military might.
>>
>>316823938
it also wouldn't have happened if Huey hadn't caused it to happen
It wasn't a REAL inspection, XOF is not the UN inspection team
They clearly would have passed a real inspection with flying colors, they had all their bases covered for that
>>
>>316823142

>All he did

Except he didn't. Unless you can prove it. The most damning evidence we have is that Ocelot claims that Huey is the only one with the opportunity to install the Beta Ray emitter. Except he directly contradicts this sentiment in the same tape:

>"The researchers regularly used Xray equipment to monitor the parasites in their throats."
>"No problem there, they kept a close eye to the radiation doses."

>"And the person who ordered and inspected the equipment, was you doctor."
>"That makes you the only person with the opportunity to install that emitter."

You know, except for those other researchers working under Diamond Dogs. Didn't Miller blew a false alarm about a spy in Motherbase? A spy working for XOF would have a much easier time and a better reason to do something that crazy. Because it makes more sense for a cripple to do something with absolutely no escape plan and without being immediately blamed for it.

I say Huey was set up because everyone wanted to believe everything wrong with Diamond Dogs is because of him. They wanted another Skull Face when there wasn't one. A phantom villain.
>>
File: memeomir.jpg (15 KB, 720x358) Image search: [Google]
memeomir.jpg
15 KB, 720x358
>>316824168

THIS IS NO POD
ITS A TOMB
>>
>>316823938
They didn't come to inspect the nuke.
The expectation was that no nuke would be seen by the inspectors.
>>
>>316823142
Point is it wasn't premeditated, which is what everyone's trying to accuse Huey of doing.
>>
File: Huey_Emmerich_MGSVTPP.png (930 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Huey_Emmerich_MGSVTPP.png
930 KB, 900x900
DONT YOU GET IT?
YOU'RE SEEING
PHANTOMS!
>>
>>316824217

You're fucking retarded, m80. Huey's a good actor, but a terrible liar.
>>
so huey is just a self insert for kojima, right?
>>
>>316824217
didn't he say he did as he got onto the raft and that he did it because the right thing to do?
>>
>>316824402
>Huey couldn't have done it, he's an engineer
>Even if it happened because of Huey, it was an accident, which makes it completely okay
This is starting to sound awfully familiar
>>
>>316824548

Great counter-argument, anon.
>>
>>316824168
Skull Face killed her and then locked her in he killed her by locking her in she locked herself in.
>>
>>316823608

This. His story changes like five times during a three minute interrogation. Huey is the worst liar in the universe, full of shit, and guilty as fuck.
>>
>>316824563
Nanomachines locked Strangelove in the pod. DD is a nanomachines.
>>
>>316824858

>3 minutes

Its heavily implied its been far longer than that. Torture is not a time where you will be thinking clearly. Also "Truth" serum made him speak contradictory gibberish. Huey may have lied but its reasonable to believe why he had done so under the situation.

This was already brought up in this thread.
>>
>>316825110
Huey speaks the same gibberish during his trial when he is not on truth serum, and intentionally withholds the location of Sahelanthropus until he's about to lose his legs. Then, all of a sudden, he is intelligible.
>>
>>316825393

>on trial

For his death.

>"Don't think you're leaving here alive." - Kazuhira Benedict "One Man Klan" Miller

This and his previous torture means that he is in a prime position to say anything that would avoid him getting killed, not speaking the truth. The "trial" was a farce.

>and intentionally withholds the location of Sahelanthropus until he's about to lose his legs.

That entire Sally run was full of weird shit. Why did Huey not reveal Sally's location? It could be that he wants to protect Sally, but over his own life? That doesn't line up with his actions thus far. What he told Venom is that it was in OKB Zero, but then it wasn't.

>It SHOULD be here!

He sounds legitimately confused in that mission. Or he could still be lying and wanted to lure Big Boss into a death trap, but then why bother remarking about it to introduce doubt over the comms? But then Skull Face is apparently there for some reason. And it turns out it was still where we last saw it. Nothing about that scenario makes sense.
>>
>tfw everything Huey did wrong is left ambiguous, as you never really know if he had the intention or just ends up fucking everything always

At the very least I know he created mass murdering weapons so thats something.
>>
>>316820134
I'm guessing huey did not know what the mutated wolbachia would do and made them out of desperation
>>
File: the man who was cucked to death.png (357 KB, 600x660) Image search: [Google]
the man who was cucked to death.png
357 KB, 600x660
>>316812132
>>
File: cat.gif (716 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
cat.gif
716 KB, 240x180
>4 year old nephew watches me play
>I tell him I can change the color of my dog and start customizing it
>He corrects me and tells me he's a wolf
>Finally notice the game has indoctrinated me to call and obvious wolf a dog.
>>
>>316826993
He's a mutt that's more dog than wolf. It's why you can't get him to kill anyone without giving him that stealth knife. Also tell your nephew he's a pawn in the game of the Patriots.
>>
>>316826993
Wolves don't bark.
>>
File: Huey was right.png (816 KB, 807x763) Image search: [Google]
Huey was right.png
816 KB, 807x763
>>316826993
>>
>>316830129
Canis familiaris doesn't strictly exist. It is a social designation for mutants of Canis Lupus, currently in the process of antiquation, just like race.
>>
File: THIS IS THE ENEMY.jpg (236 KB, 458x600) Image search: [Google]
THIS IS THE ENEMY.jpg
236 KB, 458x600
>>
This game was fucking amazing.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.