[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game really needs a sequel.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (330 KB, 1037x1454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
330 KB, 1037x1454
This game really needs a sequel.
>>
>>316807925
>The LAST story
>>
>>316807962
>The FINAL Fantasy
>>
But it's Sakaguichi's Final Fantasy. He's for the most part done with game development.
>>
>>316807962
>from the creators of The Last Story, "The First Story!"
Bam, prequel.
>>
File: 651652365312.jpg (443 KB, 1004x1433) Image search: [Google]
651652365312.jpg
443 KB, 1004x1433
This game really needs some immortals
>>
This is the one Operation Rainfall game I've never actually played. How was it?
>>
>>316807925t
>the last story
>butbut final fantasy
Just because ff did it doesnt mean this will, nigger
>>
>>316807925

What it needed was a better framerate. I got about 3/4 of the way through the game and just couldn't go on. Playing at 15fps (or possibly less) was just awful.
>>
>>316808190
Amazing! Certain things are either simple or repetitive, like combat or the arena, but the game is never grindy or overstays its welcome,

The music and story are top notch. Its also really cozy to meet up with your party members at the bar between missions. Especially the lush english chick
>>
>>316808190
It was enjoyable. Fairly simple combat except for when you need to hide behind cover and snipe mages/Archers. Characters are charming.
How was the game where you feed your girlfriend monster hearts so that she doesn't transform?
>>
>>316808202
>>316807962

Actual faggots thinking the "last" in the title implied they are only making the one game, kill yourself
>>
>>316808323
Hmmm i dont remember the framerate ever dipping that low, are you sure you got a healthy wii there?
Give it a good wack
>>
File: smuging chilling loli.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
smuging chilling loli.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>316808464
oh no it's the fun police
>>
>>316808692
She looks kinda sad. Like she's remembering her dead parents but still trying to smile.
>>
>>316807925
great game, but needed more colors, ffs all environments looks gray, even the fucking forest

also had a serious case of "one button does everything"
>>
Best arena song ever, it actually made the one repetitive part of the game enjoyable

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XE6fQfxuFnM
>>
All I remember are the bad British accents.

SUCH POWAH

SUCH GRACE

SUCH POWAH

SUCH GRACE

OY, CALLISTER
EY MATE SHE'S CALLISTER O' THE HOUSE AHHHHHGUNON
>>
>>316807925
The game needs a fucking reprint. That's what.
I'd like to purchase the game for less than $200.
>>
>>316807925
why does Calista sounds like a 40yo auntie?
>>
>>316809293
Yeah, that or a HD remaster even though that would never happen, it really wasn't popular enough
>>
It really doesn't. Well maybe if they fixed every single issue it had.
>>
Neverever.
Take solace in the fact that it's on a console that's been broken wide open, and playing a disc image is simple as fuck.
>>
>>316809338
Lol, didn't it make her awesome?
>>
>>316809439
well, Zael is in Smash 4 (as a trophy) so at the very least they haven't forgotten the IP yet
>>
But it was the last one :^)
>>
>>316808402
Pandora's Tower was a little better than Last Story in my opinion but dragged on a bit near the end.
>>
>>316807925
>tfw her tits aren't actually that big because it's her hand and not boob armor
>>
I liked smashing my head into signs
>>
>>316809293

Where exactly do you live? Amazon has it for 30
>>
>>316807925
reminder that Sakaguchi said he wants to make a TLS sequel for PS4
>>
>>316807925
It already kind of does.
There's an event in the mobage Terra Battle that tied directly into the story or something.
>>
>>316809598
She was sexy as hell irregardless
>>
File: never ever.jpg (150 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
never ever.jpg
150 KB, 600x300
We still have to fight the gods/creators
>>
>>316809878
No way!
Post link please
>>
>>316808464
Actually, that's the sole fucking reason for the "last" in the title you retard..
It was the last real game Sakaguchi made and his plan was to get out of the industry then. Nowadays he's only making shitty mobile games.

>>316807994
Final Fantasy was the last resort of SS back then. If it failed it really would have been the final game for the company. Luckily enough for them it was a huge hit though.

Learn your shit before talking dumb about it, faggots.
>>
>>316809993
go to youtube, search for "sakaguchi PAX 2014" (I think it was 2014)

pretty long video, but he'll be asked about it
>>
File: 1421547510719.jpg (16 KB, 320x371) Image search: [Google]
1421547510719.jpg
16 KB, 320x371
>>316809918
>irregardless
>>
>>316809293
uhh i see it new all the time for $20
>>
Speaking of The Last Story. Did I mess up by not getting the collector's edition? I have been wondering that ever since.
>>
>>316810157
He said wii u dumbass
>>
>>316810426
It is a lot more expensive, and older in Europe.
>>
>>316810513
it was the interviewer who specifically asked about a Wii U sequel, assuming it would be a Nintendo exclusive (which makes sense given the IP ownership)

but then Sakaguchi himself adds "and maybe Playstation 4...?"

just watch the fucking video
>>
>>316809569
So is Calista as well
>>
The only reason it needs a sequel is to fix the myriad flaws with the original. In fact, I think I'd prefer if it got a reboot instead where it was developed for a system other than the wii. At least half of the things wrong with it could be fixed that way if it were developed from the ground up for literally any other system.
>>
>>316811360
didn't know about that. Sweet

though I assume both are recycled Wii models
>>
>>316807925
Nah, it was pretty mediocre. Also hearing the same two lines in a boss fight every 5 seconds is not fun.
>>
>>316812081
Zael trophy
http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/zlCfzSjYbEeLZUGTj_thumb.jpg

Calista trophy
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ssb/images/3/3f/CalistaTrophyWiiU.png/revision/latest?cb=20150911072741
>>
They really need an hd port of this game. The game was a lot for the wii to handle had a lot of slow downs. I remember when they announced the wii u, i thought to myself that should have just done an hd port of LS, Xenoblade, and pandora's tower and released it as a bundle at launch.
>>
>>316812529
alright, same Wii models yeah. Still very nice tho

also can I get a panty shot from Calista? Or is it just a dark void like Peach under her dress?
>>
I miss the multiplayer. I only got to play it a few times before Gamespy went kill.

It was so stupidly fun.
>>
>>316810805

It was probably tongue in cheek, you know, considering the Wii U's less than stellar sales and the PS4's more than stellar sales.

Don't take everything at face value.
>>
>>316810497
The art book was really cool, but the CD sampler only had 7 songs on it which was kind of lame.
>>
>>316812607
the game was made by AQ/Artoon, it would inevitably run terribly bad with slowdowns and lots of rough edges

but it had a lot of potential. I wish Sakaguchi could set up a good team to make a sequel
>>
>>316807925
A sequel for this game would be nice. The game lacks in quite a few areas in the gameplay. It was good to see a proper town though. I also liked how they used the party members and all, but it was missing something. The worst thing is that the game is way too easy. Final boss can be a pain if you go towards it underleveled and went to the no return point, right beyond the grinding place. So it may take hours to grind a few levels to beat it.

What I didn't like was also that none of the characters have the costumes that they wear in the artworks (except for the beautiful dresses.). I also think the game would have been better on a different console. Xenoblade did great, but I don't think this game being for the Wii did it much good. Regardless, the story, music, characters and overal feel of the game were really nice. It did have a plot hole...how could they not have noticed half the game?
>>
>>316809569
Megaman is a character in Smash 4, and Capcom has already forgot about him
>>
>don't realize you can open the door against Zangurak
>fight him with just Zael and Calista

man, that shit took forever
>>
>>316807925

True

But more than that, it needs a WiiU version that kinda fixes it
>>
>>316814314
you mean nx
>>
For real. What are the chances of an HD re-release?
Is it a mistake to purchase/play the game at its current state?
>>
>>316814403
zero

yes it's a mistake to purchase it, but I wouldn't say it's a mistake to play it, just go into it with as low of expectations as you can and brace for shit
>>
>>316814534
Zero eh? Well that's a shame.
Guess I'll still play it though.
>>
>>316814646
Why not just use letterbomb and play any wii game you want?
>>
The Last Story is a 7th gen game that feels like a 6th gen one, and I mean that in a good way.
>>
i feel like it doesnt need a sequel. TWEWY doesnt need a sequel either.
spiritual sucessors are fine but direct sequels arent
>>
>>316809439
They just need to throw it on the eShop.
>>
sorry, they're too busy with terra battle
>>
Is it good? Should I Dolphin this shit up in 1080?
>>
>>316815252
well, they pushed a "sequel" to it on Terra Battle (their mobile game)

so they really want to do it, just need the monies
>>
>>316815446
Do you own a broadwell processor and the latest Nvidia meme card?
>>
>>316815446
I really wanted to like it and be able to call it good but I just can't. There are certainly parts where it is enjoyable but it fails in almost every aspect to some extent, and a lot of it is due to hardware limitations. First of all, graphically, it's dump but I guess on Dolphin it wouldn't be as bad if you're a configuring wizard. The gameplay might get better too if you can bind the keys better than the actual wii controller, I have the wii version so I never actually tried with dolphin. But there are still horrible design choices and the combat will get on your nerves quite often. The story starts off with you expecting good things but almost immediately becomes cliched tripe and just as quickly does away with any depth to it and is barebones as it can be. Also, you better get used to the city map because that's where you'll spend most of the time and it's a chore. All the fun you will have are on missions and those are way to sparse. All that said, I think there's enough fun to be had from it that I wouldn't immediately write it off without touching it. I'd definitely recommend trying it out.

the good thing about dolphin is that you can drop it with 0 regrets if the flaws are too great to look past for you
>>
>>316815446
I loved it
>>
>get cover
>slash
>>
>>316813880

isn't there a grinding spot directly before the final boss as well as a save point?
>>
>>316815446

The Last Story is a really tough game to emulate and unless you have a really good CPU and are overclocking it, it will run much worse than native Wii.
>>
I played it 4 years ago and I stopped after a month or two because of how boring the combat parts were, even tho I found the story very good

should I just fuck myself and play it for the story?
Is it that good?
>>
>>316809226
they were fair imo
Syrenne was especially good
man did I like that girl
>>
>>316818318
If you're for the story, youtube it.
>>
>>316818318
no, because the story drops off a cliff

what made them think that making a game with a bevy of party members and fleshing out NONE of them was a good idea? beyond that, the overarching story is dumb and cliched, you will roll your eyes often at some (most) of it.

Watch it on youtube or just put it out of your head altogether, it's not worth dwelling over
>>
>>316807925
I don't think we need a direct sequel, after all the story is complete. We could have fun with a game LIKE it or a spiritual successor.
>>
>>316818684
I think you mean a game nothing like it. If there was a spiritual successor/sequel, it should take almost nothing from the original game
>>
I'm still waiting for it to come to Wii U virtual console, in America anyway, no idea if it's already available in other areas
>>
>>316818805
No, it should have a different good story and few similar mechanics
>>
File: Tumblr_m1kbvxKKJ51qci67mo7_1280.png (869 KB, 893x1148) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_m1kbvxKKJ51qci67mo7_1280.png
869 KB, 893x1148
ZAEL'S BEEN TEASING ME MUMMY! AND CALISTA. AND THE COUNT, AND... EVERYONE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti-7FDUCc80
>>
I liked it enough, but it felt like it was really held back by being on the Wii. Still had a lot of good details like smashing your head into hanging signs and slipping people with knocked over fruit baskets.
>>
>>316815446
I liked it but it really wore on me by the time I hit the epilogue which I could not get myself to play but I don't think that was the game's fault.
>>
Oh, and it had an extremely satisfying ending. Final date mission ending with your wedding? Kawaii.
>>
Is Mirania the best character?
>>
>>316822739
No, it's the NPC at the bar. I forget her name and her face, but I remember the feelings.
>>
>>316822906
The only thing I remember about Npcs was shooting banana peels at them
>>
>>316822739
I'd feed her anything she wanted.
>>
I've never seen a Pandora's Tower thread ever so I'll just mention it here.

I played it two months ago and I fucking love it. Amazing boss battles, neat dungeon crawling and I'm a sucker for the sweet yet cheesy love story. Also the C ending made me feel like shit and it didn't help that I got all the endings from S to D and 100%'d all scenes with the worst ending.
>>
How does TLS run on Dolphin nowdays? I remember it being really heavy and buggy.
>>
I tried running this shit on dolphine, but no matter what it ran like shit and didn't look any better. I guess my PC just isn't good enough. I did manage to get Xenoblade running with a modified dolphin build though so I don't know what the fuck is up.
>>
>>316807925
I liked it a lot, more than Pandora's Tower which crashed a lot so I couldn't even finish it.
>>
>>316825097
I keep saying it, Pandora's Tower very narrowly was actually the best Rainfall game. And the fucking steelbox edition with the artbook and all that beats the shit out of the crappy stuff you got for Last Story in it. The fucking 4 tracks on the "soundtrack" was a joke.
>>
>>316826561
yes, Pandora's Tower is great

only downside is the repetitive soundtrack
>>
>>316825358
>>316825906
I ran it on Dolphin years ago and it worked perfectly for me but I have an i5 2500K overclocked to 4.9 ghz so maybe you need a better CPU.

Should be ten times easier to run on Ishiiruka now.
>>
>>316828643
Any other "forks" or whatever of Dolphin I should know about? Seems the default on can't run shit.
>>
BALANCING ON THE EDGE OF A KNIFE, THAT'S HOW WE LIVE OUR LIVES
>>
I'd kill for anything related to TLS.

Best Wii RPG with ease.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.