[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone hate Advent Children?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
Why does everyone hate Advent Children?
>>
i dont
>>
Because it's bad, dummy.
>>
>>316645801
its not though, its fun
>>
Because nothing makes sense from story to fighting abilities. Nothing is grounded and everything goes.
>>
>>316645850
No, I'ts bad.
>>
>>316645737
I liked it but I don't really know if it's good or bad because it is literally the only exposure I've ever had to FFVII
>>
>>316645895
>nothing makes sense

>in a fantasy game where a guy with a large sword saves the world from a guy who summoned a comet out of magic and shit

Stop typing, go back to your corner
>>
>guy shots his gun at Cloud's head at point blank
>bullet is stopped by HIS FUCKING GOGGLES
Wanted-level retarded.
>>
>>316645939
how is it bad?
>>
>>316646071
>everyone can take a comet that can destroy a universe just fine

>bitches about the legit bullet in the head

Nigger are you retarded?
>>
>>316645737
It made cloud all mopey and now everyone thinks he's some brooding emo.
>>
>>316646398
but he was a brooding emo, since, ever.
>>
File: sf2am11.jpg (26 KB, 270x178) Image search: [Google]
sf2am11.jpg
26 KB, 270x178
>>316645737
Vincent didn't Limit Break one fucking time!
>>
>>316645737
Because advent children is not a videogame
>>
>>316646506
A legit complaint, I love Vincent
>>
>>316645737
it is overall a poorly done movie by general movie making standards. The pacing is awful, the plot is tough to follow the first time watching, and even the characters, the one thing the movie had going for it, come off as bland and boring.

I really wanted to like advent children, but its just kind of a mess.
>>
>>316646556
>general movie making standards

>graphics were considered revolutionary for it's time

You're an idiot

>The pacing is awful

But it wasn't.

>the plot is tough to follow the first time watching

Sure, if you're retarded
>>
>>316646453
Not really.
>>
>>316646707
>graphics
Not that surprising when FFXIII out of cutscenes looked even better just 4 years laters and it ran on fucking ps3
>>
>>316646170
Then why make a movie about heroes who literally can't die?
>>
>>316646398
He turns into a emo during the game senpai.
>i'm not soldiya
>i cutta my wrists
>cant defet jeova
>>
Say what you want about AC, Cloud's AC outfit is fucking amazing.
>>
>>316646804
Yes he was, he was an asshole the entire game.

>>316646824
Nothing you just said made any sense, Final Fantasy Spirits Within nearly broke Square Enix due to the budget for the animation, years later they took another gamble for Advent Children. If you think a few seconds of FF13 cut scenes matches the budget of an entire movie, you are beyond mental help.
>>
>>316646824
>Graphics evolved since AC released, now AC is shit!

How retarded are you?
>>
>>316646874
Um, were you born like just yesterday or something? This is how movies work.
>>
>>316646707
>graphics were considered revolutionary for it's time
they looked good for sure, but plenty of very pretty full 3D animated movies had come out by that point. THe graphics were very nice but hardly revolutionary

>But it wasn't.
>Sure, if you're retarded
If you think advent children was a peice of cinema masterwork you are welcome to that opinion, just know very few people share it. Even among weebs its considered mediocre at best and to me that speaks volumes when the intended niche audience doesn't even like it much

But all the same, if you think its amazing you go right on thinking that, im certainly not here to stop you
>>
>>316645737
it's like Japan's version of a Michael Bay movie

and I'm pretty sure we liked it since it looked darn pretty then and it's not like we watched it for the plot.

Now, it's not so much hate rather than not giving a shit since it's not an amazing memorable movie.
>>
>>316647157
Who the hell is calling it a cinema masterpiece? It's weebshit that panders to its fanbase, but it panders to better than other pieces of weebshit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL2mejRjm9U

The entire movie is basically like this
>>
Whatever. Cloud was visually pleasing to look at though no homo
>>
>>316647157
>THe graphics were very nice but hardly revolutionary

humor me, what has graphics during that time that did revolutionize it then?

>Even among weebs its considered mediocre at best and to me that speaks volumes when the intended niche audience doesn't even like it much

The movie was for the fans, not for everyday movie goers like Spitirs Within, how did you not grasp what the fuck was going on? If you ever played FF7 you knew exactly what was going on and why it was since the movie explained literally everything to you and your knowledge of the game made it even more obvious.
>>
>>316647314
He really is. He is very visually appealing.
>>
>>316647453
I really, really, really like this character.
>>
>>316647276
As passive aggressive as this comment is, i agree with it.

>>316647186
No, Micheal Bay fucks up everything by explosions. Advent Children connected to the story it was actually based on just fine.
>>
>>316645737
Plebs whined about it because it was the cool thing to do. They were all
>Not muh Cloud, not muh Final Fantasy 7

The truth is that it's very loyal to the game's canon and only faggots who didn't pay attention to the game would have a problem with it.
>>
>>316645737

Not the story people wrote in their head about a post-FF VII world. They literally wanted FF VII's story turned into a movie, but they got something different and it pissed them off.
>>
The fight scenes are fun but otherwise it was asinine.
>>
>>316647784
>Not the story people wrote in their head about a post-FF VII world

The movie was already FanFiction.net tier anyways, how could people imagine it any WORSE?
>>
>>316648091
I have no idea what the hell you're implying. How was it "fan fiction tier?"
>>
>>316645737
its a fun movie but shits on the story.

ignoring the small stuff like materia color and shit like that, both the triplets and cloud literally DRIVE from outside midgar to the forgotten city. which is physically impossible because its on a different continent...

also cloud and sephiroth aren't that big of faggots.
>>
>>316648171
People say that when they don't like stuff nowadays.
>>
>mfw I had to watch this in high school cause we had a substitute teacher who would just put on weeb movies during double blocks cause he was a maximum weeb and couldn't be fucked to teach us anything

I remember he said AC had the greatest animation ever and was photorealistic and would never be matched. He also said it was the best written movie he had ever seen. He had never played FFVII
>>
>>316648090
>asinine in advent children

>about the story of FF7

Are....are you okay?
>>
>>316645737
I liked it for being a FF7 movie, but the story was stupid. Should have just made the original game into a 3 part movie.
It's enjoyable though
>>
>>316648171
>We are spawns of Sephiroth here to spread Geostigma which is actually Jenova's essence!
>Haha, now we're Sephiroth again!
>I'm Cloud, I'm gonna go be emo until the story dictates me to not be emo. -_-
>>
File: 1442692883369.jpg (13 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1442692883369.jpg
13 KB, 360x240
>>316645737
why cant we all like the same things?
>>
>>316645737
Poor characterization
Flimsy plot
Overall direction feels quite amateruish

The special cut improves some but the film does not hold up as a good piece of cinema nor as a sequel to FF7
>>
>>316648338
What are you blabbering about.
>>
>>316648253
Everything you just bitched about has nothing to with the story, everyone else that is logical calls what you just said a plot hole.

Also we have no idea if Cloud didnt get on a ferry with his bike or not.
>>
>>316648365

I don't know man, I think it would only be fanfiction tier if Sephiroth was there from the beginning, if Cloud and co. acted the same way they did in FF VII instead of changing, if the world remained the same, etc.
>>
>>316648461
you're complaining advent children doesnt make sense, when FF7 makes even less sense. it doesnt make sense anon.
>>
File: midgar_to_forgottencapital.jpg (156 KB, 1500x798) Image search: [Google]
midgar_to_forgottencapital.jpg
156 KB, 1500x798
In Advent Children, how did Cloud ride his motorcycle from Midgar to the Forgotten Capital? It's an entirely different continent.
>>
>>316648452
so it's basically FF7 is what you're trying to say
>>
>>316648598
youre assuming he did there could be ferries
>>
>>316648171

its fan fiction tier for multiple reasons. for one, the original story very intentionally doesn't tell you what happens to everyone immediately after because it isn't important to the actual events. its fluff and doesn't add. did they all die or not? it doesn't matter, they stopped meteor, thats all that matters.

beyond the fact that continuing the story only does a disservice to the original narrative, there are plenty of continuity errors that completely break the story. like how they drive from midgar to the forgotten city, which is on a completely different continent, in barely any time at all.

its wholly unnecessary and riddled with errors. thats why its fanfic tier.

the fights are fun though. and fanfics, if nothing else, usually do have fun fights.
>>
>>316648575
Why are you assuming I thought FFVII wasn't asinine? OP asked why I thought of the movie. That's what I thought.
>>
>Cloud has never appeared in a nintendo game until now
>Cloud explicitly says: "Limits are meant to be broken"
Based Sakurai
>>
>>316648486
>>316648737

for one, the triplets would've had to use a ferry as well for their fucking truck full of kids, they leave literally HOURS before cloud, and he still makes it there just in time. even if BOTH groups used ferries, that is a massive jump in time...

it is a blatant plot hole and also, yes, plot holes very much shit on the story. everyone logical knows this. stop splitting hairs faggot.
>>
>>316645737

It made teenagers realise how shitty Cloud was since they didn't realise it when they were kids playing the game.

Also, being a a far more accurate translation than the game didn't help since it revealed how shit the story actually was.
>>
>>316645737
At the time it came out I really enjoyed the action but the story just felt really out of place given how the original game concluded.

>Cloud starts FF7 being a asshole who barley knows who he is so given that he pretty much wakes up in a Soldier 1st class uniform, he assumes that he defected from Soldier
>Mid-way through the game Sephiroth toys with Cloud's mind by using the Jenova cells within him to force Cloud to bring him the Black Materia, making him almost kill Aeris (only to force Cloud to watch as a figment of Sephiroth kills her instead), and reveal what REALLY happened at Nebelhim sending Cloud into several mental break-downs until he finally breaks all together
>Tifa helps Cloud piece his mind back together within the Lifestream thus helping Cloud find confidence within himself and teaching him to trust his friends and finally working together to save the world.

In AC, Cloud is back to the way he was before he started trusting his friends and having confidence in himself, Now he's really depressed and detached from his friends because he's trying to cure Geostigma? That's a bullshit reason for him to want to be alone, if anything he should be working with Barret and Tifa again to look for the source of it. The uneasy feelings between Rufus and the remaining members of the Turks should have been expanded upon, i.e. I would love to have a scene of the citizens of Neo-Midgar attacking Rufus in particular with Cloud and the gang trying to get answers from him as to what exactly happened when Tsung and the other Turks went to investigate the Northern Crater.
>>
>>316648889
then one would assume you'd say "just as asinine as it's game prequel" or something

>>316648884
but we do know eventually what happens to everyone. so your bitching comment about that is kinda null.

there cant be ferries that transport people now? we also have no idea how much time passed, youre assuming shit just like i am.

there isnt that many errors to be honest and lot more faithful than anything hollywood has pumped out in terms of legit
>>
>>316649115
okay you're being WAY too nitpicky, movies always have the hero arrive just in time. That's like action movie 101

stop splitting hairs? youre the one trying to find logic in something that is meant to just entertain
>>
>>316649220
One sounds kinda autistic.
>>
>>316649145
cloud in AC acts nothing like he does in the game. literally at all. go back and play through it again.

he is snarky and aloof until shit hits the fan, then he gets pissy, then depressed AF after aries dies, then goes into a coma and comes out headstrong. he never fucking whines about shit.
>>
>>316649361
i literally, actually said in my initial post that it is a fun movie. i do very much find it entertaining.

but its not a good story and thats why most people here hate it. thats all I said.
>>
>>316649379
most of the people nitpicking over small shit is autistic, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>316649492
this is /v/, /v/ doesnt agree with anything ever. and if you thought otherwise you're a fucking newfag
>>
I personally liked the spirit's within more. Cheesy lovey-dovey bullshit aside it was good.
Advent children had dope fight scenes though.
>>
>>316649605
>Advent children had dope fight scenes though.

the dopest indeed. they make up for the shit plot.
>>
>>316649697
it was nearly the same plot as FF7 only instead of a meteor it was a disease.
>>
>>316649596
>this is /v/, /v/ doesnt agree with anything ever
We can agree that your mum has a fat ass
>>
>>316649764
nah. you're just retarded.
>>
>>316649824
you really showed me

>>316649779
>mum

fuck of euro piece of shit.
>>
1. They made Cloud edgy
2. They gave Vincent too much focus
3. The plot twist was stupid and just an excuse to put Sephiroth in
4. The plot made no fucking sense as part of the FF7 continuity
5. The villains were fujoshit
6. Everybody was fujoshit
7. Basically everything about it was everything I can't stand about Nomura's work
8. DILLY DALLY SHILLY SHALLY
>>
>>316650171
>2. They gave Vincent too much focus

I stopped reading, Vincent is a thousand times more interesting than any other character.
>>
>>316650171
Vincent is a fan favorite, isn't he?
>>
>>316650261
Vincent is a faggot and was literally an irrelevant side character until they decided to push him like crazy due to fat girls splooshing over him. He is easily the edgiest Final Fantasy character.
>>
>>316645737
It's visually amazing, has great music, and some fantastic action scenes, but the story's dull and difficult to follow for people unfamiliar with the setting.
>>
I love it. It pumps me up everytime I watch it and makes me work out like hell.

That's a huge factor for me. I have overlooked -otherwise better- testosterone lacking games and movies (Okami, Princesss Kayuya) for stuff like Asura's wrath and Bleach.
>>
I'll sometimes pop it in just to watch the Tifa fight but that's it.
>>
>>316650397
is it really considered edgy if he has a legit reason to being tormented? I mean he literally has alternative personalities in him.
>>
>>316650506
He slept in a coffin in the basement of a mansion.
>>
>>316650661
right, but he's also a vessel for monsters he cant control once they're out. have you forgotten?
>>
>>316650773
So that means he has to sleep in a coffin and dress like Hot Topic and shoot his guns sideways style his hair like some edgy emo band frontman? Vincent is literally Coldsteel.
>>
>>316650773
And the coffin helps with that problem because...
>>
>>316650980
ok, youre clearly 12 or some shit. Vincent was made way before hot topic was a thing or even the meme term edgy.

also emos dont shoot guns sideways, gangbangers do.

And despite what you want to say, you have just shown my point: he is a thousand times more interesting than any other character in final fantasy.

like seriously, you excpect him to walk around with a smile on his face being a vessel for four horrible demanoc beings he has no control over? use your god damn brain kid.
>>
>>316651040
because he'll be asleep and the coffin was locked on the outside, duh. Dont you watch horror movies?
>>
>>316651217
The fact he was made before Hot Topic is irrelevant. And shooting your gun sideways is something only edge lords think is cool. He is a character designed by Nomura for Nomura and every subsequent appearance since FF7 has been Nomura jerking himself off. The most interesting Final Fantasy character is either Vivi or Gilgamesh.
>>
>>316645737
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuWkvyeAu0E
>>
>>316651561
but we know of Vivi and Gilgamesh just became a cross dimensional baddie to beat up.

Vincent was locked in his coffin because he was immortal and didn't need anything to live. He's the key to eternal life and yet has to burden 4 fucked up things inside of him from coming out, and feeling responsible for the death of the woman he fell in love with.

Yet he finally got over it in Dirge of Cerberus and moved on with his life.
>>
>>316651623
SAKAGOOCHI
>>
File: would you a cat.jpg (62 KB, 800x678) Image search: [Google]
would you a cat.jpg
62 KB, 800x678
>>316645737
because it's a shitty nonsensical film with uncharismatic characters spouting nonsense about reunions and geostimas and then fighting to My Chemical Romance.

It's basically the Resident Evil movies with anime people.
>>
>>316651875
>then fighting to My Chemical Romance

Out of all the stupid statements you just said, this one bother me the most. How the fuck did you get my chemical romance from a great soundtrack?
>>
>>316651795
I can't tell if you're shit posting or not, so I'm going to just walk away.
>>
>>316652019
you can walk away but it doesnt make me any less right.
>>
>>316645737
nah. i do wish the turks would get a spin off, though
>>
>>316652000
He's clearly talking about the awful Black Mages version of One Winged Angel.
>>
>>316649115
HE had a golden chocobo waiting at the harbor
>>
Because its fun, and anyone who loves FF7 doesnt know what fun is.
>>
>>316652113
With the guitar parts? That's a good song, the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
HISASHIBURI DA NA, KROUDO

*DUN DUN DUN DUN*
>>
>>316652205
I respectfully disagree. It was a good song when I was 14.
>>
>>316651875
I really really liked damnation, fuck you.
>>
>>316652291
i think (hopefully) he was refering to the live action ones...

But he's an idiot so it's anyone's guess.

>>316652271
but you still liked it until you started hated everything.
>>
>>316651795
>Wakes up out of a coffin speaking gibberish about the main villan's birthfather
>Has the Nine-Tailed fox sealed within him
>"Lucretia..."
>Falls in love with a little girl in his own game
>introduces Gene-shit in said game
>Forces more Hojo fuckery in said game after he had a nice climactic conclusion in the original game
>they actually named a character Vincent Valentine
>has the personality of a 14 year-old kid trying to impress his friends by being edgy
>prime example: Reeve asks Vincent for help to take down Deep Throat
>"Fuck that, I just want to sit in my cave and cut myself"
>Reeve get's shot and falls apart only for Cait Sith to come out
>"Okay I'll help"
>it took his friend getting shot in the back of the head to get him to get off his ass when people are already being killed and abducted right outside the door

G-great character r-right!?
>>
>>316651875
The resident evil cg movie was great, piss off furry
>>
>>316645997
>>in a fantasy game where a guy with a large sword saves the world from a guy who summoned a comet out of magic and shit
Yet I don't remember saving the world by leaping in impossible height with seventeen hundred swords or something.

I remember summoning KotRT and Equipping Ultima Weapon and Premium Heart, and Yuffie wasn't stupid and Barrett wasn't a chimping nigger
>>
File: 1347843408978.jpg (351 KB, 1000x625) Image search: [Google]
1347843408978.jpg
351 KB, 1000x625
>>316652000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYsifoXFATE
"Safe and Sound", by Kyosuke Himuro and My Chemical Romance singer Gerard Way.

Advent Children was a shitty soundtrack, mate. Final Fantasy VII had some great themes, but the Advent Children soundtrack was trash. Even good songs like One Winged Angel was ruined by Advent Children. Compare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbWSEfokCTQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmD478NnnoE

And this shit is totally generic garbage that could be put into any movie starring Jason Statham.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KyjWsap5-o
>>
>>316652540
The whole nine tails thing didnt exist when FF7 was around, so fuck you.

the little girl has been alive for a very long time, which just looks like a little girl. not the same thing.

>has the personality of a 14 year-old kid trying to impress his friends by being edgy

stop, how the hell would you design a character in the same predictament as vincent? seriously, you children say "oh theyre edgy because of this shit" yet they wouldnt actually act like other characters would they?

the rest of your shit is just you pretending nonsense happened because you want to be an asshole.
>>
>>316652719
I wasn't referring to the CG movie, I was referring to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J58VPpPrmQU

This is Advent Children tier film making.
>>
>>316652719
>cosplay-tier catgirl
>furry
>>
>>316652778
do you remember this, you gigantic fucking moron?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTc9sLmOR0A

Where's your fucking logic now?
>>
>>316647037
being an asshole doesn't make you emo
>>
>>316653241
yes it does, being an asshole makes you passive agressive and how you treat others. Exactly what an emo is.
>>
>>316652904
>the little girl has been alive for a very long time, which just looks like a little girl. not the same thing.
Are you going to defend loli-shit too? Either way the writers intended for her to look like a little girl and have her be a grown man's love interest

>stop, how the hell would you design a character in the same predictament as vincent?
By having him actually want to help other people so that what happened to him doesn't happened to anyone else

>the rest of your shit is just you pretending nonsense happened because you want to be an asshole.
Is this what Compilation shitters actually believe?
>>
>>316645737

The only thing I remember from this movie is spooky ghost trees an a man who looks like a woman turning into a dragon with an impossibly small jaw relative to the size of it's head.
>>
>>316653495
loli or not, she's not actually a little girl. she's old enough to be a kid's grandmother.

>By having him actually want to help other people so that what happened to him doesn't happened to anyone else

But he does do that, by joining the group you fucking moron.

>Is this what Compilation shitters actually believe?

No, pretty sure there wasnt any parts when he cut himself as you described.
>>
>>316653510
no one turned into a dragon, the fuck are you going on about?
>>
>>316653951

The woman man summoned the dragon then, whatever.
>>
Did you seriously make this thread just so you could call everyone who doesn't like the movie stupid?
>>
>>316651875
>fighting to My Chemical Romance.
>fighting My Chemical Romance

ftfy
>>
>>316653875
>But he does do that, by joining the group you fucking moron.
Then why is he just sitting in a cave by himself 90% of the time? Why doesn't he act until something becomes an inconvenience to his brooding? Why doesn't he even have a way to keep in touch with everyone until the end of AC? Why did he refuse to help Reeve as Deep Shit kill and kidnap hundreds of people?
>>
>>316646453
^This.

Or at least, his mopey personality is closer to his actual personality than what he was in FFVII. His persona for most of FFVII was just him trying to emulate Zack. He wasn't acting like himself at all.
>>
File: 1411758770399.jpg (212 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
1411758770399.jpg
212 KB, 1280x1440
>Cloud's character regression is totally good and canon because some bullshit released after the game said so
>I can't separate battle mechanics from story physics, so the entire party flying and throwing Cloud thousands of feet into the air so he can backflip back to Earth was totally cool

I bought that shit the day the DVD came out in the US, and even then I was pretty disappointed with it. It only got worse the more I tried to enjoy it.
>>
>>316655567
he spent the first part of the game as a snarky asshole. after sephiroth shows up he gets pissy and driven. ONLY after aries dies does he get depressed, and after coming out of his coma he is headstrong and determined.

go replay the game. he isn't a brooding shitlord the entire time. he only gets depressed because of arieths death and he drops it after coming out of the coma.
>>
>>316655563
>Then why is he just sitting in a cave by himself 90% of the time?

Where else is he suppose to fucking go? Also in the beginning of Dirge of Cerberus he was at an inn

>Why doesn't he act until something becomes an inconvenience to his brooding?

It's neat to know you think you can handle his situation much better.

>Why doesn't he even have a way to keep in touch with everyone until the end of AC?

because they moved on with their life. even during AC he asked Tifa where he can find a phone and in Dirge of Cerberus he DOES have a phone, meaning he did actually get one.

>Why did he refuse to help Reeve as Deep Shit kill and kidnap hundreds of people?

Since when does he have to do literally fucking everything?
>>
i don't care i just want to fuck cloud
>>
>>316650171
>2. They gave Vincent too much focus
That wouldn't have been so dumb if Vincent weren't also COMPLETELY FUCKING IRRELEVANT TO ANYTHING IN AC and just there for fan service.
>>
>three new antagonists: fag, faggy, and fagoo
>lol just kidding they're all sephiroth
>the absolute lack of any substance that is Cloud Strife throughout the movie
There is one or three people in all the cast of FFVII, not only did they pick the most obnoxious but they also added three new pansy fuckwits
>>
>>316655860
but he was zack during that entire beginning. he wasnt being himself and when he did become himself he became a bitch.
>>
>>316651314
So wait, he's a super strong monster, but a locked wooden door is enough to seal him away?
>>
>>316656289
a coffin isnt a door
>>
DILLY
>>
>>316656016
>Where else is he suppose to fucking go? Also in the beginning of Dirge of Cerberus he was at an inn
Why doesn't he stay in the Inn instead of a cave where he is constantly reminded of his past?
>It's neat to know you think you can handle his situation much better.
An actual 13 year old would handle his situation better
>because they moved on with their life. even during AC he asked Tifa where he can find a phone and in Dirge of Cerberus he DOES have a phone, meaning he did actually get one.
thank you for proving my point
>Since when does he have to do literally fucking everything?
When did anyone say he has to do everything?
>>
>>316656289
he didn't want to come out though so he never tried
>>
>>316645737
I don't.
>>
>>316656710
because he likes the comfort of the women he loves? and doesnt have money? how doesnt this make sense to you.

>An actual 13 year old would handle his situation better

I like how you're bitching about edgy yet give me edgy replies.

>thank you for proving my point

You had no point, the adventure was over, everyone went to do their own thing.

>When did anyone say he has to do everything?

You're the one complaining he isnt in contact with others for no reason and handling situations that dont involve him.
>>
>>316656167
get in line
>>
>>316656998
>because he likes the comfort of the women he loves? and doesnt have money? how doesnt this make sense to you.
Why not get a job then? That's what everyone else did, he helped save the planet so I doubt anyone would reject him and he straight up abandons Lucretia for the Shelk at the end of the game.
>I like how you're bitching about edgy yet give me edgy replies.
You're using that word but I don't think you know what it means. I say a 13 year-old would handle it better because at least they keep in touch with their friends and help when whey are needed
>You had no point, the adventure was over, everyone went to do their own thing.
My point was that he didn't get a phone until the end of AC, did you even read my post?
>You're the one complaining he isnt in contact with others for no reason and handling situations that dont involve him.
The situation involved him directly though.
>>
>>316658026
yeah, im sure the undead immortal guy who doesnt need to eat or sunlight or anything to stay alive is going to flip fucking burgers. Are you seriously this fucking stupid in real life?

>I say a 13 year-old would handle it better because at least they keep in touch with their friends and help when whey are needed

but they weren't really his friends, and he did eventually get a phone so there goes that. he even told yuffie to never call him again.

>My point was that he didn't get a phone until the end of AC, did you even read my post?

I did, im just confused why you think everyone is suddenly best fucking friends because they saved the world together?

>The situation involved him directly though.

Which he didnt know until later on.
>>
>>316649156
>In AC, Cloud is back to the way he was before he started trusting his friends and having confidence in himself, Now he's really depressed and detached from his friends because he's trying to cure Geostigma?

I think it had more to do with Denzel and the fact that he looked up to Cloud as his hero, and now Cloud was dying of the same disease. He didn't want Denzel to find out and lose hope.
>>
File: cloudac.jpg (165 KB, 850x615) Image search: [Google]
cloudac.jpg
165 KB, 850x615
>>316649382
>he never fucking whines about shit.
He never whines about shit in Advent Children either. That's the whole issue with him; he secludes himself in his search for a cure because he doesn't want anyone to find out he has it. Cloud hates appearing weak and helpless, especially to those that care about him, and he was backed into a corner by something he didn't know how to handle, so rather than admit he's dying to those that looked up to him, he left to search for a cure on his own or die trying.
>>
>>316650506
>is it really considered edgy if he has a legit reason to being tormented?

He was a beta kek who bemoans the loss of a woman who was not only never interested in him but a complete bitch anyways
>>
File: Cloud_smile.jpg (92 KB, 479x396) Image search: [Google]
Cloud_smile.jpg
92 KB, 479x396
>>316652818
All of those songs you listed are great, though. Even the one with Gerard Way.

And the orchestral version was made for Advent Children's OST, you big dummy, and Chase of Highway is just Crazy Motorcycle remixed (and better, since Crazy Motorcycle is the ONLY track on FFVII's OST I can honestly say is "meh")

You don't even have shit taste, you're just shit. I hope somebody kisses your waifu's tummy.
>>
File: 14021.jpg (292 KB, 1024x995) Image search: [Google]
14021.jpg
292 KB, 1024x995
>tfw Aeris comes back to life at the end of FF7 remake and shits all over AC

Prepare for the sappy love story ending we never got
>>
>>316658980
>>316658980
>He was a beta kek who bemoans the loss of a woman who was not only never interested in him but a complete bitch anyways

Confirmed for not knowing shit about FFVII.

Funny how all the people that hate Advent Children are always the ones that don't know jack shit about the game.
>>
>>316658980
You can still feel guilty about someone you care for and feeling guilty for their eternal imprisonment.

Also I'm pretty sure in Dirge of Cerberus she showed interest in him in flashbacks,so no idea what you're going on about

Also the guy has been horribly experimented on, killed, brought back to life and was confined in a coffin for decades until the party found him, i'd say that's enough to fuck anyone up.
>>
File: 1437814923669.jpg (270 KB, 1672x1672) Image search: [Google]
1437814923669.jpg
270 KB, 1672x1672
>>316648365
>Jenova clones/remnants are established within the original game.
>Jenova clones being able to shape-shift and exert Jenova/Sephiroth's will is a LARGE part of the original game
>Cloud being a silent, hard-on-himself guy was established and built upon in the original game

Once again, it's almost like people who don't like Advent Children didn't even play FF7.
>>
>>316658336
>yeah, im sure the undead immortal guy who doesnt need to eat or sunlight or anything to stay alive is going to flip fucking burgers. Are you seriously this fucking stupid in real life?
I like how you feel like you have to call me a retard to get your point across, Cloud, the buster sword, wielding magic using, super soldier runs a delivery company, nuff said.
>but they weren't really his friends, and he did eventually get a phone so there goes that. he even told yuffie to never call him again.
Then why would he even care to help Cloud in AC? Do you see what you are saying? What you are saying about him is actually making him look like an even worse character.
>I did, im just confused why you think everyone is suddenly best fucking friends because they saved the world together?
Barret, Tifa, Yuffie, Cid, Reeve, all keep in touch as proven in AC and DoC, they all have each other's phone numbers and they all know where to find each other Vincent however feel like he needs to shun everyone, for what?
>Which he didnt know until later on.
Shelk and that big fucker attacked him before Reeve walked in, don't tell me he didn't know that something was up.
>>
>>316656236
>but he was zack during that entire beginning.
No he wasn't. I don't know why people think this.

He was his personal interpretation of what a 1st Class SOLDIER would act like mixed with a mix of SOLDIER techniques and his own swordsmanship, and he self-inserted himself into Zack's role at Nibelheim.

The only "Zack" part of him was his body language and the sword he used.
>>
File: Zack.Fair.full.328019.jpg (369 KB, 800x558) Image search: [Google]
Zack.Fair.full.328019.jpg
369 KB, 800x558
>>316659215
I really doubt that would happen. Especially with Japan's huge boner for Zack.
>>
>>316659225
This is /v/, your faith in this place is obviously way too high.
>>
>>316658419
I think it'd be better if Denzel knew, hell, when he found out later on in the movie he was encouraging Cloud to keep fighting.
>>
>>316659563
That's kind of died down in recent years. He had a big popularity boom after his game came out and then it just sort of simmered down.

Add in that Nomura doesn't care much about Zack beyond his role in shaping Cloud and I don't see him taking out one of the most iconic tragic romances in video game history just to appeal to rabid Zack/Aerith shippers.
>>
>>316659557
One of my friends had never played FF7 or had it spoiled.
We played it together last year.
I mention this in order to bring up the body language thing. My friend pointed out that Cloud's body language throughout the game fits the SOLDIER guy in the flashbacks, which was a subtle nod to the reveal that Cloud was self-inserting.

Apparently Cloud has a very distinct hands-on-hips foot-tap and shrug.
Shit blew my mind.
>>
File: 1de1a8d6.jpg (38 KB, 312x500) Image search: [Google]
1de1a8d6.jpg
38 KB, 312x500
>>316659563
In the last popularity poll Cloud was number 2 right behind Zack.

Aeris was number 2 behind Lightnigger.

Going by your logic they would make a crossover game where Lightning and Zack have a babby.

Anyway...Zack is and always has been portrayed as a playboy. Square hasn't changed that.
>>
>>316659557
If you dont get why people think this, you need to play the game again or some shit.

>>316659518
>Cloud, the buster sword, wielding magic using, super soldier runs a delivery company, nuff said.

And none of those things is what Vincent is, he's IMMORTAL WHO DOESNT NEED FOOD OR SHELTER WHY HE NEED EMPLOYMENT?

>Then why would he even care to help Cloud in AC? Do you see what you are saying? What you are saying about him is actually making him look like an even worse character.

He had no plans to help Cloud, he saved the Turks from the beginning of the movie and found out what was going on before Cloud even knew, it was just movie coincidence he crossed paths with cloud.

>Barret, Tifa, Yuffie, Cid, Reeve, all keep in touch as proven in AC and DoC, they all have each other's phone numbers and they all know where to find each other Vincent however feel like he needs to shun everyone, for what?

To be fair, no one knew Cid had a new ship. Yuffie is obnoxious. Tifa and Barret already knew each other before FF7 and Cloud wont let Tifa bang him because he rather be a delivery guy and a pretend dad to denzel. Vincent has no point to being around these people.

>Shelk and that big fucker attacked him before Reeve walked in, don't tell me he didn't know that something was up.

That doesnt mean he knew it involved him, people get randomly attacked in shit all the time. It could of been about Cloud for all he fucking knew.
>>
>>316645737

Alright, time to earn some hate.

I never played FFVII. Maybe that disqualifies me from posting my take on Advent Children, maybe it just gives me a unique viewpoint. I came in vaguely aware that Sephiroth is a badguy and apparently quite the badass, Cloud is the hero and has a big-huge sword, and that Aeris gets killed because no phoenix downs apparently.

Here's what I understood of the plot after one viewing:
There was a big fight that sealed Sephiroth in the soul of the planet, but some imprefect clones of him escaped/were created after his imprisonment. Some people on the planet have Jenova cells, which are apparently fragments of an ancient god(dess?) that tried to wipe out the planet, and somehow Sephiroth can manipulate these cells to corrupt/weaken those afflicted with the so called "Geostigma". This somehow gets turned into a "we're destroying the environment so the world is going to destory us" undertone.

Anyway, the clones/fragments of Spehiroth want to find all the people (mostly kids) with Geostigma and put them through some ritual to bring back Sephiroth because its the will of Jenova. They also want to enact revenge against Cloud and plot demands that they can't kill anyone with a name.

There's a couple dramatic fightscenes, we get a bunch of people who seem way more intresting than Tifa and Cloud thrown at us for three minutes to help Cloud kill a dragon, then they all turn into spectators while Cloud does big hero stuff.

One of the Sephiroth clones/fragments succeeds in turning into Sephiroth, two guys with hilariously big swords fuck physics so hard they can't even remember if they're just jumping or if they can fly at will. Cloud wins, Sephiroth turns back into the other guy, the fragments go kamikazee to kill Cloud, they fail. Geostigma gets washed away, and everyone is happy, even Aeris and some other dead guy.
>>
File: BMx5ujTCMAAOpfx[1].jpg (23 KB, 374x450) Image search: [Google]
BMx5ujTCMAAOpfx[1].jpg
23 KB, 374x450
>>316645737
Face creeos me out.

It looks like a doll with a muscle neck and tiny shoulders.

MC's girlfriend from the new FF got the similar look. I think it's the size of the eyes.
>>
>>316660028
>He had a big popularity boom after his game came out and then it just sort of simmered down.
Nigga still beat Cloud in the recent character polls. Same with hottest male FF characters.

Zack is big in Japan.
>>
I just watched it
really overrated and completely unnecessary desu
>>
>>316660179
I love how Luna is the only character who looks anime. Everyone else in that game has normal sized eyes and blemishes
>>
>>316660179

It's the uncanny valley effect. FF7 characters just don't look good with hyperrealistic graphics.
>>
>>316660150
>I never played FFVII.

stopped reading, this movie was for FF7 fans. Everyone knew this, everyone who knew what a final fantasy 7 was. Everything else you say after this means absolutely nothing at this point.
>>
>>316660117
Totally other anon here, but;
>Why does Vincent need employment?
Because he's trying to rejoin humanity, I suppose. Pay attention to more of the nuance of his character in FF7. He initially joins the party to get revenge on Sephiroth and Hojo, but eventually reconciles that isolating himself from humanity wouldn't be what Lucrecia wanted for him.
>Movie coincidence that Vincent finds Cloud
Doesn't he say that he spends a lot of time at the Forest of the Ancients and that he found Marlene? Eh.
>>
File: 8877460.jpg (245 KB, 940x1280) Image search: [Google]
8877460.jpg
245 KB, 940x1280
Sooo, this is pretty much confirmed for the remake right?
>>
>>316645737
They hate it for two reasons
1.SE released Spirits Within instead of AC that fateful summer.
2.Cloud taking center stage instead of it being a HOLY SHIT NIGGA THINGS ARE ABOUT TO POP OFF kind of thing. Some kind of 2-5 years after the games ending reunion/last fight against EBUL story.
It's entertaining is a tiny side story where nothing happens. An extended cutscene between actual gameplay in a JRPG.
It has everything it needs to attract the FF7 anime and action fan, but nothing it needs to attract someone who wants a richer experience.

Would have filled the seats in every movie house in america.
>>
>>316645737
It's an okay movie. It's not terrific or horrible anything. But it's a fun watch once or twice.
>>
>>316660525
>Because he's trying to rejoin humanity

but he's not no where is it ever implied that.

>Doesn't he say that he spends a lot of time at the Forest of the Ancients and that he found Marlene? Eh.

No, he helped the turks first and then found the children. He saw Cloud and helped him.
>>
>>316660206
>Overrated
Probably, but the same can be said of Final Fantasy as a franchise.
>Unnecessary
It ties up some plot holes from the first game and allows for the characters to establish a legacy rather than the events of the game being a one-off thing. It offers some closure for the FF7 universe, if that makes sense. Otherwise, yeah, it's kind of unnecessary.
>>
>>316645737

Because they made him get married to that fat-tittied slut Tifa, instead of the canon waifu. Go Clerith!
>>
>awesome fights
>awesome music
What's not to like?
>>
>>316660846
no they didnt
>>
>>316645737
The fight scenes are fun as fuck and it looked amazing at the time, but it absolutely shit on the characters' personalities from FF7, especially Cloud.

Also the plot is really contrived and stupid and only exists to have an excuse for Cloud and Sephiroth to have a rematch.
>>
>>316660685
Talk to him on the airship. He literally says shit like "I was frozen in time, but now I feel as if my time is just beginning." He sees joining the party and living in the post-ShinRa world as a form of atonement.

I thought for sure he had a line about spending a lot of time in the forest. Regardless, coincidence, whatever.
>>
File: knKl6.jpg (182 KB, 1097x734) Image search: [Google]
knKl6.jpg
182 KB, 1097x734
So do you think they are going to milk the tragic part of the romance once again, or are they going to give these two a happy ending in the remake?
>>
>>316661068
>but it absolutely shit on the characters' personalities from FF7, especially Cloud.

elaborate
>>
>>316659087
>>316660076
>>316659215

Seriously, get the fuck off this board and go back to your shitty forums. Your kind isn't welcome here. You don't even try to make it discrete, just the way you type, and those shitty images show that you're a Tumblr land whale trying to fit in here. Fuck off already.
>>
>>316645737

Fight scenes are fun but it's a mess.
>>
>>316661206
>He sees joining the party and living in the post-ShinRa world as a form of atonement.

No, you're just assuming that's what he meant. It could be implying that he was imprisoned in a fucking coffin for decades?

>I thought for sure he had a line about spending a lot of time in the forest. Regardless, coincidence, whatever.

He might of, but what I said still is what happened. He got more shit done than any other character was doing.
>>
File: 16858961_big_p0.jpg (60 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
16858961_big_p0.jpg
60 KB, 500x667
>>316661290
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stay assblasted, virgin.
>>
File: 1443061770372.gif (3 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1443061770372.gif
3 MB, 250x250
>>316661068
>Shits on the characters
Play the game again, anon. The characterization is consistent.
>Plot is contrived and stupid
Play the game again. Pay some attention to the recordings of Ilfana and during the whole Reunion.
>Excuse for Cloud and Sephiroth rematch
You do realize that Jenova clones can shapeshift, right?
If anything, the film was an excuse to tie up plot holes regarding Jenova/Sephiroth's will in the lifestream along with the remaining clones.
>>
>>316661224
How do you not know, it's probably the biggest complaint FF7 fans have about Advent Children. Cloud is too brooding and depressed in the movie even though he had a huge arc in Disc 2 of the game where he gets over his insecurities and mistakes. It's extremely jarring when you have Cloud in the final dungeon saying "Let's mosey." and then you go Advent Children and he's not acting like post-wheelchair Cloud at all.

I know Cloud is never going to be some hot-blooded or happy protagonist but he wasn't what he was in AC either.
>>
>>316661386

Good job proving to me that you are from that fucking forum, retard.

>Stay assblasted, virgin.

Oh, the irony in those words. Stay writing a whole essay on why Cloud shouldn't fuck Tifa, landwhale.
>>
As a film, it's absolute shit. That's ok though, because it's not meant to be judged as a film.

As a continuation of FF7, it's not bad.
>>
>>316661492
he was also suffering from geo stigma and was bored with his life, it wasnt until he was fighting did he show he was enjoying himself.

i was wanting to know more about the other character's "injustice"
>>
File: 13439829.png (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
13439829.png
29 KB, 400x400
>>316661606
Cloud can use Tifa as a cocksleeve for all i care.

>that forum

are you actually 12?
>>
>>316650171
>The villains were fujoshit
These are the kinds of arguments that make people disregard you.
Care to confirm that you're the type who gets angry when women complain that girls in videogames are too sexy?
Because you're literally complaining that the guys in the movie were too sexy.
>>
File: cloud smirking mid battle.jpg (158 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cloud smirking mid battle.jpg
158 KB, 1920x1080
>>316645737
Because underage like to spout "cloud is le emo" memes even though he smiles more in AC than he does in FF7
>>
>>316660565

I honestly believe Cloud is going to cleave her in two this time instead.
>>
>>316661492
"Let's Mosey" Cloud is in the face of Sephiroth with his whole team on his side after Tifa gave him a 'pep talk' and all of humanity needed his help.
In AC, Cloud's suffering alone against something he can't fight against. The actions he took in the game may be responsible for geostigma. He's still very confident and in that "Let's Mosey" mode when his companions stand by him and he finds his composure again.

Cloud has always been most confident and composed when he's got support and is fighting against a clear opponent. In the game, Cloud is most unsure of himself and literally ready to ball up in a corner when he's fighting an enemy beyond his scope (Sephiroth's control over him, Meteor, etc) and all of his friends aren't there for him.

Play the game again. Pay attention. Watch the movie right after you finish. Think about it.
>>
>>316661694
>As a film, it's absolute shit. That's ok though, because it's not meant to be judged as a film.

Compared to most Hollywood shit, I'd go as far to say it's one of my favorite movies and I wish other companies would follow suit with writers to appeal to the english speakers and still stay in with the canon of the story.
>>
>>316660150
Cont.

Here's my impression of the characters:
Cloud is suffering from PTSD over loosing two close friends, and has Geostigma, which is kinda like cancer(?), which drives him to depression and possibly suicidal tendancies. He pushes away the people who want to help him, and tries to leave behind a positive impact on the world by adopting two kids with the same disease that he has. Unfortunately, that description is way cooler on paper than what we see in the film. Cloud never really confronts his issues, he just halucinates Aeris telling him to lighten up and suddenly he's healed. He then stabs Geostigma into non-existance.

Tifa likes Cloud and wants to have a real family with him. This is the extent of Tifa's personality and character arc. She is still somehow a deeper character on screen than Cloud.

Vincent is a vampire that wandered in from some other universe, possibly Hellsing. Despite being apparently stronger and way more interesting, he is only in this for a cameo appearance.

Yuffie is a hyperactive cute ninja girl. She also just makes a cameo appearance, and does not have any relation to the story beyond "I helped Cloud kill Sephiroth once".

There's a Red Lionking extra. It's somehow valuable enough to be in the opening and closing credits. Or it might just be fur bait.

There's a cat thing that rides the red lion. Haha, double entandre.

There's a grumpy mechanic with a spear who owns a ship. His three lines of dialouge were more interesting and energetic than everything Cloud said thoughout the entire movie.

There's a black guy with a gun for a hand. The story would be exactly the same if he were edited out of each of his scenes. This is true for everyone after Tiffa in this list.
>>
>>316661764

>>that forum
>are you actually 12?

Are you? You make it really obvious that you are from that shitty Clerith forum. From a Google search, the images posted on that website show the same pictures you're using.

>Cloud can use Tifa as a cocksleeve for all i care.

Nice try on sounding like you don't care, faggot. Keep using those Clerith images while you do that.
>>
File: bowser faceclaw.png (262 KB, 376x344) Image search: [Google]
bowser faceclaw.png
262 KB, 376x344
>>316645737
Retcon'd nearly everything accomplished by the characters during the game simply "BECUZ".
>>
File: 19223408.jpg (244 KB, 851x746) Image search: [Google]
19223408.jpg
244 KB, 851x746
>>316661738
>bored with his life

I would be too.

>go deliver some shit
>get reminders of aeris the girl i let die everywhere i go
>come home
>tifa is pms-ing again
>have to drink alone in my room
>black guy dumped his kids on me

No wonder he went emo mode.
>>
>>316661938
okay im not even OP but how the fuck can you tell if cloud smiles in FF7 with those graphics? Seriously. Does anyone smile?
>>
>>316662082
Denzel isnt barret's kid, he's an orphan because of the terrorist attack that happened in midgar that the group was blamed for.

Barret's daughter however, yeah, he seriously needs to stop making tifa watch his fucking kid all the fucking time. but he's a nigger so it's not shocking.
>>
File: 100929.jpg (68 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
100929.jpg
68 KB, 600x480
>>316662076
You're like really paranoid, you know that? Go outside once in awhile kid.

>keep using those images

if only to make you show how autistic you are sure

also

>found clerith pictures in google
>on a CLERITH forum

my sides
>>
>>316662259
Denzel is another reminder of Aeris tho

Cloud thinks she brought the kid to him
>>
>>316662005
I agree with you that Cloud's issues look better on paper. However, I think it was fine that Cloud reconciled his issues by fighting a battle that he could engage in.

Tifa was pretty much exactly that way at the end of the game. She was devoted to Cloud and wanted to comfort him/settle down to her bar.

Yuffie's a genki girl and materia thief. I think they upheld that well enough for her cameo.

The game ended on the Red Lionking guy. He's kinda super ageless or whatever, so the idea is that he's the one that will be telling this story to his children, or future generations, maybe.

Grumpy Mechanic is Cid, and he's oozing character in the game. He's a loud, ornery, old piece of shit.

Barret (gunhand) had some details in his phone messages that don't come across too much in the other scenes. He's basically an environmentalist, looking for alternative fuel sources, all about charging in gun-blazing and being loud and boisterous.
>>
>>316660117
>And none of those things is what Vincent is, he's IMMORTAL WHO DOESNT NEED FOOD OR SHELTER WHY HE NEED EMPLOYMENT?
To pay for a place to stay because you said "where else is he supposed to stay?" He only goes into that cave to brood to himself instead of searching for a way to get Lucretia out of there or asking for help, him being immortal doesn't change any of that
>He had no plans to help Cloud, he saved the Turks from the beginning of the movie and found out what was going on before Cloud even knew, it was just movie coincidence he crossed paths with cloud.
Sorry for not clarifying but I meant during the fight with the Bahamut in AC what was he even doing there?
>To be fair, no one knew Cid had a new ship. Yuffie is obnoxious. Tifa and Barret already knew each other before FF7 and Cloud wont let Tifa bang him because he rather be a delivery guy and a pretend dad to denzel. Vincent has no point to being around these people.
Cid and Yuffie I understand, but what about at least Cloud or Revee who would both be very interested if he had info on Kadaj and the mama's boys?
>That doesnt mean he knew it involved him, people get randomly attacked in shit all the time. It could of been about Cloud for all he fucking knew.
But they said that they would meet again and they asked him in particular for the proto materia
>>
>>316662081
>Retcon'd
It's like you didn't even play the game.
>>
>>316662543
im not arguing with you anymore, whatever it is you want to believe you go ahead and believe. It's obvious you never played Dirge of Cerberus and if you're stuck on hating Vincent, nothing I can say will convince you other wise.
>>
>>316660179
Luna is the only XV character who has those big eyes

Even the other XV character and females have slender eyes and more realistic

Luna just looks halfcast anyway
>>
>>316662259
>Marlene
>Barret's daughter
lol, dude, that's Dyne's child.
>>
>>316662110
You can see Barret smiling in one of the FMVs so yes it was possible for them to show Cloud smiling in FF7, but they didn't
>>
>>316662703
oh shit youre right.
>>
>>316661938
Cloud may not be "lol Emo", but he's still a faggot.
>>
Because they gave him a pouty face. Look at that shit. He's softer than a fucking babies ass.
>>
File: 1438212755290.png (29 KB, 190x170) Image search: [Google]
1438212755290.png
29 KB, 190x170
>>316662703
>Barret raising another man's daughter
>the nigger is the kek
>>
File: 8024105.png (202 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
8024105.png
202 KB, 480x640
>>316662883
I fucking lol'd
>>
File: FF7_buster sword(AC version)8.jpg (37 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
FF7_buster sword(AC version)8.jpg
37 KB, 400x300
>>316645737
It's probably a bad movie, but I thought Cloud's new sword(s) was neat as fuck. Was worth watching just for that.
>>
>>316662280

>You're like really paranoid, you know that?

Yet you keep replying to me as if you're trying to convince me that you aren't from there. You practically admitted it yourself that you do go there in your own post.

>>found clerith pictures in google
>>on a CLERITH forum

And the file names on those pictures aren't helping you, either.

And from typing style alone, you're obviously a girl trying to fit in here. Is that you, Cali?
>>
>>316662658
And it seems nothing I say will stop you from irrationally loving your husbando. Have fun eating shit.

btw I didn't play DoC, I just watched the cutscenes on Youtube ;)
>>
I fuckin' love it. Nonsense story to one of the more nonsensical FF stories? Okay, cool. 70% of the movie is one awesome fight scene after another? God damn yes please.
>>
File: cloudstanza477093091.jpg (150 KB, 501x689) Image search: [Google]
cloudstanza477093091.jpg
150 KB, 501x689
>>316662862
>Takes charge and goes head first into battle with strong determination halfway into the film after getting over his space cancer through sheer will
>le faggot XD
>>
I always find the "VII Cloud didn't smile (possibly)" thing redundant, since he even belly laughed in the game.
>>
>>316662486
Neat.

Aside from Barret, it does feel like the core personalities carried over pretty well into the movie. I do wish they would've at least given us a few shorts or something focusing on the other characters. Everyone not named Cloud or Tiffa seemed to have tons of personality and would probably be more interesting to follow in the events after they saved the world.
>>
>>316662989
I know you didn't, that's why I'm not bothering with the discussion anymore.
>>
>>316662913
>>316662703

Dyne died you faggots

He took Marlene in and adopted her because she was the child of his dead best friend
>>
File: 20732654.jpg (102 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
20732654.jpg
102 KB, 400x600
>>316662979
>obviously a gril trying to post here
>REEEEEEEEEEE
>hah! You replied to me it must mean I'm right!
>proceeds to keep replying as well

Okay I'm done responding to you. Have fun fapping to pixelated cowtits.
>>
>>316663105
>He's still replying
Are you sure there's nothing else you want to say?
>>
it looks good, the fighting was great, but the characters give me the shits, especially reno, rude and cait sith being reduced to comic relief.
>>
File: cloud1.jpg (21 KB, 390x391) Image search: [Google]
cloud1.jpg
21 KB, 390x391
>>316663028
Sure, but he spend most of the movie dilly dalying shilly salying, like an annoying faggot.
>>
>>316663189

Lel, thank you for admitting you're from there, Stray Arrows. Not even the same people who even like your shitty pairing even likes you, either.
>>
>>316663119
Yeah, but that doesn't make her Barret's daughter, just like Denzel isn't Tifa/Cloud's child.
Adoptive daughter, sure.
>>
>>316663263
No. I said you can think what you want, I never said I was going to ignore you.
>>
>>316663287
Cait Sith was always comic relief though.

I agree though that Reno and Rude were a bit too goofy in the movie.
>>
File: Marlene_and_Cloud.jpg (74 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Marlene_and_Cloud.jpg
74 KB, 1024x576
>>316663302
You mean he spent the first half of the movie

1: Fighting against the 3 remnants
2: Confronting Rufus and acting like a dick just like he was in FF7
3: Spent 10 minutes being mopey because he had space cancer until he then gets over himself

It was by halfway through the film he gets over himself, realizes he's been a faggot, then takes charge and is back to his old FF7 self going into battle headfirst with determination and not backing down

You can find even more mopey images of Cloud from FF7 than you can from AC you shitstain
>>
Tfw you'll be autistic enough to make a whole Bible for your favorite pairing.

http://dansantcaparet.tumblr.com/post/40732277090/the-clerith-bible
>>
>>316663093
There's a ton of side material for that, though.
Dirge of Cerberus is a ps2 game that goes heavily into what Vincent's been up to.
On a Way to a Smile is a series of short stories that details the various characters' lives post-FF7.
Case of Denzel is an animated bit that goes more in-depth with Denzel and features some other characters.
The Kids Are Alright is a novel that takes place after Advent Children.

If you liked the characters, I highly suggest playing Final Fantasy 7. The strong point of the game is how well it handled its characters and their respective stories.
>>
>>316663540
>Reno & Rude too goofy
They're pretty goofy in the game, too.
We're talking about the same guys who won't fight you because they're on vacation.
>>
I liked the bit where everyone took turns throwing Cloud into the sky
>>
File: 28497583_big_p0.jpg (668 KB, 1300x900) Image search: [Google]
28497583_big_p0.jpg
668 KB, 1300x900
>>316663706
Don't forget about the scene where you find out Rude likes Tifa and Tseng was inlove with Aeris.
>>
>>316663620
Thanks, I think I will check it out when I get some spare time to really sink into an RPG.
>>
It's the best movie, yo
>>
>>316663413
Oh, well thanks for not being a little bitch about it, I'm sorry but Vincent just seems like a joke character that they all of the sudden decided to give depth to at the last minute of FFVII's development. Hell, he might have been the original main character in a very early stage of the games development but he just doesn't seem to fit in with everyone else, he has nothing to add to the story as a whole, and he might as well star in his own series.

Opinions?
>>
>>316663585

holy fuck, what is this shit?
>Devotion: Cloud and Aerith's Love
>they literally wrote all of that bullshit for a dead girl
>>
>>316645737
It's a horrible fucking movie, whether you like FF7 or not.
>>
>>316664120
Didn't the devs pretty much say that?

He and Yufiie were supposed to have bigger roles but just run out of time and shoved them in as optional characters.
>>
File: 1358313382793.jpg (316 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
1358313382793.jpg
316 KB, 621x621
>that Bahamut design
>that fight
>Rufus is alive
>everything about this fucking shitty movie
>everything about the FF7 Compilation
>Nomura and Kitase still have jobs
>>
>>316649156
>making him almost kill Aeris (only to force Cloud to watch as a figment of Sephiroth kills her instead)

How do you know that's what really happened?
>>
>>316664120
He probably doesn't feel substantial given that he's a hidden character that you can absolutely miss on your first playthrough and know nothing about.

That said, he's a part of the world. Like many of the other characters, has bad blood/history with ShinRa. Like all the characters, has a tragic loss in his past. He's not really a 'joke' character and he does add a bit to the story.

He also does star in his own game, so, eh, there is that.
>>
>>316663918
Right on.
It's a fairly easy game, but expect it to take 30 to 40 hours (depending on how many side-quests you want to do). Longer if you want to dick around and beat all the optional end-game bosses.
>>
>>316645737
What the hell is Cloud doing after Advent Children?

Is he just gonna marry Tifa?
>>
>>316664973
>implying Cloud has a personality
After you find out he was just imitating Zack, there's nothing there
>>
>>316645737
It was a shitty, cheesy bad movie with awful plot and direction.
>>
Never played FF7, but I enjoyed it despite much of the context being lost on me. It was basically Dragon Ball Z, with swords, and I was okay with that.

I'm not going to pretend like it was a GOOD movie though, b/c it clearly wasn't. But the action sequences were great.

It pretty much marked the point at which Nomura got really full of himself regarding character design though.
>>
>>316662005
>Vincent is a vampire that wandered in from some other universe, possibly Hellsing. Despite being apparently stronger and way more interesting, he is only in this for a cameo appearance.
>Yuffie is a hyperactive cute ninja girl. She also just makes a cameo appearance, and does not have any relation to the story beyond "I helped Cloud kill Sephiroth once".

These two are exactly accurate to what they are like in the original game.
>>
>>316664480
>>316664723
Yeah, seems like a missed opportunity. I'd love to see them as a duo in their own universe separate from FFVII but what would their story be like?
>>
>>316664480
I wonder if this'll change with the remake.
>>
File: ffx-2.5.gif (2 MB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
ffx-2.5.gif
2 MB, 300x186
>>316664719
>Nojima gets a free pass
>>
>>316661962
I really, really hope that happens. It's almost practically what occurs, and I wouldn't put it past being what was originally intended to happen. It would be so fucked up and result in Cloud going completely insane, which would be awesome.

It would also be great if there was some hidden way to avoid this and save Aries, at the expense of alienating Tifa and fucking over the planet at the end of the game. Either thing being an optional possibility would win me over.
>>
>>316652205
Don't worry anon, I like that song. But I also like Advent Children, so what do I know?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.