[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The dark age is finally over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 1435273407946.jpg (124 KB, 675x889) Image search: [Google]
1435273407946.jpg
124 KB, 675x889
>The dark age is finally over
>>
>Still no sign of slime friends

C'mon square, America likes slimes too
>>
>>316520110

One step at a time. Over-saturating the market will do no one any good.

Just do your best to shill the ones we know are coming over, to make sure we keep getting them in the future.
>>
File: 1338287505983.png (7 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1338287505983.png
7 KB, 250x242
DQVII 3DS is going to get shit reviews because DQVII is one of the worst in the series. VIII will have to do really well (which it probably will if VII doesn't damage VIII's sales) if we ever want to see anymore games.

I have no reason to buy a game I hate and a game I already own for my PS2, but I hope we get the Monsters games. I've always liked the sidegames way more.
>>
What DQ should I play? I don't know shit about this franchise, I only played VIII.
>>
>>316520458
V is pretty damn great.
>>
>>316520458

V was the one that made me "get" the series, after VIII underwhelmed me.
>>
>>316520330
I played through most of the JP 3DS version and it's phenomonal, even when I couldn't read moon it was an easy to understand story. The post game is bullshit though, spoilers incoming; Kiefer comes back
>>
>>316520632
God, why? Like, as a party member?
>>
File: Dragon Quest 5 The choice.jpg (115 KB, 450x619) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Quest 5 The choice.jpg
115 KB, 450x619
>>316520521
>>316520523

Emulate the DS version.
>>
>>316520802
Because reasons, and yes. I think he's one of the better ones postgame too. I can add on that the DQIX dungeon system on the monster island adds so much depth and fun, too.
>>
>>316520632
>spoiler
Huh, guess that explains why I occasionally see Jap videos of him in the end of the game.
>>
>you will never cum inside Bianca
>>
File: theatrhythm_dragon_quest.jpg (70 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
theatrhythm_dragon_quest.jpg
70 KB, 1000x600
Do you think we'll get DQ Theatrhythm?
>>
Now they'll start that crowdfunding for the Monster and spin-off games. Considering we're getting VII and VIII without them, I might toss some money their way for Monsters.
>>
>>316520523
>VIII underwhelmed
>Then V

I mean, different strokes, but fuck man.
>>
>>316521297
It's better to hope for DQ11 and maybe Joker 3 until we know what to expect after 7 and 8.
>>
>>316521297
If they make a curtain call maybe.
>>
All they need to do is let us play DQX and then all will be forgiven. I don't really care about the Monster games, but I wouldn't mind trying them, either.
>>
File: bllp bllp bllp.gif (2 MB, 274x257) Image search: [Google]
bllp bllp bllp.gif
2 MB, 274x257
>everyone else gave up
>you didn't

who else is a true believer here
>>
>>316521437

I felt like VIII was just "big world in 3D with no actual substance".

V had a much more compelling plot via following a single character throughout his entire life, and monster shepherding made for much more interesting gameplay and party customization than "pick a weapon skill and dump all your stat points into it" (which was vastly improved on in IX), in my opinion.
>>
is asking for dqx greedy?
>>
>>316523747

I would love to play Dragon Quest X. From what I've seen of it its basically Final Fantasy XI-2.

But translating an MMO is a long term commitment. Its completely different than a single RPG.
>>
>>316520330
>DQVII is one of the worst in the series.
LOL
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.