[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this still worth playing since Disney declared that the lore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Is this still worth playing since Disney declared that the lore from Star Wars games isn't canon?
>>
Yes, a lot. Especially the sequel.

Go in blind and play it when you're calm and comfy for best experience.
>>
>>316516301
TOR has been declared canon by Disney so by extension KotOR1 and 2 are too.
>>
How does something being canon or non canon effect how much you enjoy it? Are you retarded?
>>
>>316516594
>>316516517
Do I need to play the first one to enjoy the sequel or will I feel lost in terms of plot?
I really wanna play them, but right now I could probably only afford the second one (steam sale).
>>
>>316516594
source please
>>
>>316517335
TOR credits lists the Disney-Lucas Film canon divisions responsible for maintaining the new canon ever since the Galactic Starfighter expansion release.
>>
>>316517038
You should play both, you can enjoy the second one as a standalone but you will miss out on all the cameos and callbacks to the original. It will also spoil the ending of the first one and you will be confused too since the game asks you in a questionary about the choices from the first game (equivalent of save import).
>>
>>316517038
It is advised. Playing the second one first will spoil elements of the story.
>>
>>316517779
>>316517639
Alright, thanks. I'll make sure I play both.
>>
>>316517038
It would really help to have played the first game, brah. While the plots are mostly unrelated and protagonists are different people, the main character of the first game is referenced a lot and has influenced the lives of almost every party member. Three party members return in the sequel, too - so don't miss out on that warm and fuzzy feeling of meeting your old friends in the sequel.
And, like someone has already said, DO NOT play the sequel first, or you will spoil a lot of the first game.

Second game is superior, but both are very good. If you can't afford to purchase both now, I suggest you wait. And stay out of KotOR threads just for good meassure.

Speaking of which, GET OUT NOW BEFORE SOMEONE SPOILS IT FOR YOU.
>>
>>316517903
KotOR1 first otherwise playing both is irrelevant, since if you say "I'll play both" I sure hope you don't mean starting with KotOR 2.
>>
>>316516301
Why do you even care about what Disney says about canon or not canon you are Revan so feel free to fuck off if that's what you care about Kreia is a Sith Lord and besides fuck Disney.
>>
I WARNED YOU, OP.
I HOPE YOU LISTENED.
>>
>>316518229
>guy specifically says he hasn't played the series
>spoil both games

Fuck off to 9gag
>>
This game is a timeless classic that you should definitely play, especially since Disney fucked the canon because now you can experience what could have been, and what was for so long.

Play the sequel too.
>>
>>316518386
His own fault, games are over 10 years old so spoilers no longer apply.
>>
>>316518561
LOL, this. The Revan revelation is the I'M YOUR FATHER of this generation.
>>
>actually caring about how canon a video game is to the franchise
Just kill yourself desu baka senpai
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.