[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what's the /v/edict? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71
File: nlwunufdf9nbcmknhobo.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nlwunufdf9nbcmknhobo.jpg
135 KB, 1920x1080
Now that the dust has settled, what's the /v/edict?

Is it better than new vegas?
>>
>>316491391
Dust settled? It's like a sandstorm here. Every other thread is fallout
>>
Vanilla vs vanilla I think it holds up really well against FNV, it does a lot of things better.

If the modding community pulls through and pulls through it will be the best bethesda game to date, thanks again to the modding community.

I beat it already and if I had to give a score 7.5/10

With the same level of mods that skyrim saw it will easily be 10/10.
>>
File: dog_slap.gif (1020 KB, 400x229) Image search: [Google]
dog_slap.gif
1020 KB, 400x229
>dust has settled
>>
>>316491391
It definitely a terrible game, idk if it's any better than NV since I never played it.
>>
File: 1445580224188.jpg (6 KB, 219x251) Image search: [Google]
1445580224188.jpg
6 KB, 219x251
>yfw the console paid mod shitstorm is about to begin
>>
>>316491391
>Is it better than new vegas?

lolno, even normies agree that NV is better
>>
>>316491391
i heard there were multiple endings, like siding with the brotherhood of steel vs the institute or the railroad or whoever. i thought it was just nukes vs newborn
>>
>>316492935
>since I never played it
lmfao
>>
>mother with law degree knows how to operate a military grade power armor
>mother with law degree is okay with killing random strangers when she awoke after 200 years and losing everything

todddrones cant explain this
>>
File: 1447376659839.jpg (179 KB, 525x750) Image search: [Google]
1447376659839.jpg
179 KB, 525x750
game is rubbish
>>
>>316492019
Too bad you won't be able to mod it without forking outta your ass.
>you lived long enough to see pirated MODS
>>
File: fof.png (946 KB, 1176x852) Image search: [Google]
fof.png
946 KB, 1176x852
Am I kawaii?
>>
They should just stop pretending they're an RPG.

Why is there even a dialogue system? FO4's is a completely pointless mess that's just annoying and nothing you do in it matters. Even fucking Skyrim managed to do better.

I stopped actually looking at it and just mash buttons until it's over.
>>
>>316493101
???
>>
even if it does a lot of things good, theres till the disgusting dialogue wheel and voiced MC which you cant escape. so no, its shit.
>>
>>316491391
I'm definitely liking it a lot. I enjoyed NV/3 somewhat, but I could never get that into them because to me the gunplay was always garbage. It was impossible for me to really get excited about exploring the world because every combat encounter was shit. FO4's gunplay is actually really nice, and the weapon customization has me really involved in my arsenal and how I approach combat situations. The dialogue wheel and voiced protagonist really take away from what the past Fallouts have done well though and it's damn near impossible to roleplay with any kind of variety or personalization. Also the base building is an awesome idea with some neat features but overall the execution of it is shit.
Its a fun game but not a very deep roleplaying experience, which is probably what most Fallout fans are looking for.
>>
>>316493356
that's a pretty nice t-shirt for someone who lives in a post-apocalyptic wasteland
>>
File: 1447368496527.gif (914 KB, 290x198) Image search: [Google]
1447368496527.gif
914 KB, 290x198
>>316491391
Incoming opinions

>Story
NV<4<3

>Gameplay
4<NV<3

>Art direction
NV<4<3

>Humor
NV<4=3

Graphics
Literal Shit<NV=4=3

Verdict: Play a better series. Fallout is a shell of what it once was
>>
I suggest everyone here to start up Skyrim and compare how Fallout 4 feels to it. Hint: the latter feels like utter cow shit.
>>
>>316493814
i think there's something wrong with your post
>>
>>316493814
You know < is "less than" right? The alligator eats the bigger number
>>
>>316493917
I forgot to memetext the graphics part
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4EHjFkVw-s
>>
File: 1439343178575.jpg (545 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1439343178575.jpg
545 KB, 1280x1280
How's the base building stuff? Anybody have screenshots?
>>
>Get in the game
>Just out of a cryostasis
>Walk a few hours
>Magically propulsed in a Power armor that normally requires a training
>Use a minigun
>In the first few hours of gameplay, you get a taste of what used to be the endgame in the last Fallout
>Your character is voiced
>The dialogue wheel is utter garbage
>Both of these new additions completely obliterate the wittiness of the series
>Story is a rehash of FO3

And much more.
>>
File: tumblr_nvg7jtH2Hf1src6bzo1_500.gif (505 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvg7jtH2Hf1src6bzo1_500.gif
505 KB, 500x281
>>316493917
>>316493989
FUCK ME. It's been a long day, but yeah, I meant NV>4>3
>>
>>316494005
No, you forgot how inequality symbols work.
>>
>Is it better than new vegas?

Hell no. 6/10.
>>
>>316494152
It's by far my favorite part. I haven't even been playing the story, just going on sidequests to harvest loot to use to make more shit.
>>
>>316491391
Vanilla on both, it's functionally and mechanically much better than NV. Guns feel good, melee feels great, difficulty is more balanced (until the bullet sponges in survivor, it is Bethesda after all), graphics are naturally loads better as well as animation (but still leave some to be desired). FO4 is unfortunately total shit when it comes to role playing, you can try to role play and it'll work nicely outside of the story missions, but if you attempt to role play in the main story it always drowns down to "MUH SHAUN, MUH BABY" in some way, and trying to be a sarcastic asshole makes you seem like a schizophrenic bipolar cat lady going "Yeah sure tough guy, how about you fuck yourself-- SHAUN WHERE IS HE PLEASE HELP ME FIND HIM".
It's maybe not as severe as that, but it feels like it. As for RPG mechanics, they're running in the background and are not as deep as NV or FO3 or even Skyrim. It's not that it's outright bad, it's just really different and streamlined into selecting perks or raising one special point each level, and honestly it still feels pretty good. Leveling is at a good pace and gets longer when you get farther like all RPG games. You won't be a walking tank until after engame if you choose to do so, but you always feel pretty good when you develop a rhythm for things in your build.
On a side note, Power armor is probably one of the best things they've done. Instead of just being armor that slips on and off, it's more like a fully customizable mech that's limited by a power source; think iron man; it never feels overpowered since you need to manage fuel, which is difficult but not too difficult to obtain, which keeps it all pretty balanced. You always have the option to stockpile on cores if you really want to, or you could stock pile on different power armors in one of your bases for all occasions should it be to be a walking melee God, a rapid fire tank, or mobile sharp shooter, the options are there.
>>
>>316493913
Did it. Melee in FO4 is miles better than Skyrim desu senpai.
>>
>>316491391
Can you even get the more modern power armor?
Or did they just like suck all the novelty out if t-51b and make that default?
>>
Honestly objective analysis here: no opinions unless stated as such.

It is largely missing the faction system of NV, and you are mostly confined to playing the character they picked for you. There is some wiggle room, but it's less of a sandbox this time, you can't just join up with the "bad" guys.

The dialogue wheel is poorly implemented compared to other series and the HUD looks to have been designed by a high schooler.

Performance on consoles is what most gamers would consider sub-par, PC is surprisingly smooth on lower settings with older toasters, struggles to maintain 60fps on Ultra with any setup less than 1500 dollars, so sub-par there too.

It does not look like a game from 2007, no matter how many people parrot that. Crysis was an exception in its time. The graphics, whether you *like* them or not, aren't terribly out of place with modern games, especially considering how far behind FO3 and NV were. Again, not my opinion, basing on technologies in play.

Build mode needed more development time. The inability to clip walls through each other and mandatory snapping means that anything more complex than a straight cube or rectangle is gonna take more time than it should, if not be impossible.

The gunplay is massively improved.

Now for the subjective stuff: atmosphere is solid, it's fun to play, it's even fun to build when the systems aren't getting in your way. I'm engaged and enjoying it, mods will fix everything I didn't like, 8/10.
>>
>>316493814
>Fallout is a shell of what it once was
>implying fallout 1,2 had better graphics/gameplay
>>
>>316494596
Modded NV is the best way to go though.
Here's hoping that modders can do cool shit with Bethesda's neat stuff and fix the shit.
Fixing the shit won't be enjoyable or easy, it's pretty bad shit
>>
>>316494820
T-45 is the default. You can get all sorts of more modern or scavenged armor pieces including the T-51. Every piece is upgradable as well.
>>
>>316493814
shit taste
>>
File: 1446951474342.png (191 KB, 299x316) Image search: [Google]
1446951474342.png
191 KB, 299x316
Better than Fallout 3, not as good as New Vegas.

Fallout 2 > Fallout > New Vegas > Tactics > 4 > 3 > Brotherhood of Steel
>>
>>316493001
will you have to pay for mods to fuck dogmeat, and everyone else
>>
File: 2015-11-12_00002.jpg (275 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-12_00002.jpg
275 KB, 1920x1080
the story is fucking awful, pic related is the worst offender thusfar

gameplay is salvageable with mods probably, but I doubt modders will be able to mod skills or DT back in

i'm only still going because power armor juggernauting is fun
>>
>>316491391
>>316491391
I do not like this game. It is buggy, the textures are poor, the story [thanks for the spoilers cunts] is Mass Effect 3 minus one ending, it has less RPG options, it made things harder for modders, and the dialogue wheel is trash [say "sorry", I interpret this as "sorry about your pain how can i help", game interprets this as "sorry, I can't help you"
>>
>>316494925
I'm hoping there are still left-overs from NV's conversation system in FO4 that modders can use and replace the god awful shit we have now
>>
File: wp_ss_20151112_0002.png (443 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151112_0002.png
443 KB, 800x480
>>316493727
>how much is Todd paying you?
>>
>>316491391
[X] HATE FALLOUT 4
>>
>>316493437

It's like they're going backwards, to Fallout Tactics, where there was literally no speech at all.
>>
>>316495195
And I forgot: actual SPECIAL, skills and traits
>>
>>316495285
Tactics had a bit of dialogue.
More meaningful than FO4's even.
>>
>>316495256
>counter shilling
>>
>>316494152
Nice idea.

Stupid when you realize people don't use utilities or beds. So you end up just making boxes with 30 beds stacked on each other to raise population.
>>
Comping around in power armor is fun, mowing down shit with heavy weapons.

However, it's hilariously stupid how a random bandit with a combat knife will run up to you while in said power armor as if they stand a chance
>>
>>316491391
why does everyone pretend New Vegas was excellent? It's decent. Is it a meme or something?
>>
File: 1422664728359.jpg (62 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
1422664728359.jpg
62 KB, 876x493
>Visuals
4>NV though I'd be disgusted if this WEREN'T the case given the gap between the games

>Gameplay
NV>4
Survival mode is nice touch but can't match hardcore. Power armor is superior in 4 but actually needing training in the stuff and making it an ordeal to find in NV was better. 4 has plenty of Charisma checks but all other special stats appear to be worthless for dialogue choices, and the shitty wheel in 4 doesn't actually tell you the speech you'd need to make the checks. In fact, no skills at all in 4 has proven to be a definite step down. The perks in 4 are also very uninspired and are mostly percent bonuses. Though the gunplay in 4 is a little better.

>Companions
NV>4
Nick Valentine is 10/10, Hancock is a solid 9 and Piper is surprisingly unshit, but the rest are either inoffensive but forgettable like Codsworth and Danse or had objectively superior equivalents in NV like Strong or Dogmeat. The increased interaction with companions is a great touch though.

>Factions
NV>4
Brotherhood is no longer a band of white knight faggots, so that's a plus for 4, but the Minutemen and Railroad can't hold a candle to the Kings, Boomers, and NCR. The Institute is neat but is blatantly evil unlike Caesar's Legion who at least had a defined philosophy behind their dickassery, and a leader with some depth. The lack of a Mr. House style option to go full-on Commonwealth independence Patriot is also a blow.

>Quests
NV>4
Just plain more variety. Better writing with more branching paths and solutions, more enticing rewards and a more visible effect on the world and story.

All in all New Vegas is just plain better in every category that really counts, but 4 made a lot of unexpected improvements that could benefit the series in the long run if Bethesda take their heads out of their asses and cut out all the watered down tripe.
>>
>>316495431

I've watched them use the beds though
>>
>>316494282
To be fair, the backstory of your (tailored to male) character is of military experience, there had to have been some sort of training for power armor as it was the newest weaponized utility at the time. You also get the shit ties to version of it to be upgraded over time, you can barely kill the Death claws on a decent difficulty with out an okay strategy or cheesing it.

Not saying being able to use it isn't a shit reason, but it's a reason none the less and still isn't up to par with end game items and abilities in the past games. You still need to work towards it.
>>
File: ScreenShot16.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot16.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
It's pretty fun
>>
>>316494596

I would like to agree with most of your points except the following:

>Power Armor is probably one of the best things they've done

I think it was the mystique and "legend" status of the T-51b power armor alongside the side chain quests that you have to complete along side some somewhat arduous locations to get through in order to obtain it that made it special. It required a certain progression through the story alongside some somewhat skilled play, item acquirement, and general problem solving and question asking via NPC's and proper dialogue options.

>Functionally and mechanically better than NV
While console versions of NV might have been bugged, the game itself plays out perfectly. To justify functionality at the sake of RPG elements disappearing or entire gameplay styles changing is not an excuse. Especially when the game itself lacks the charm and "wasteland" feel it should. I understand we're pushing forward into the future here, but there's something missing in terms of environmental impact and charm when you obtain some of the best equipment not 45 minutes into the game. Saying you can go off on a tangent and just ignore the story is m00t since the game itself as an RPG should revolve and story and side quests with explorations as a viable alternative if you're curious and have the means to do so.
>>
>>316495181
>Not wanting to purge heretical synthetic scum from the face of the earth

It's like you want to be eradicated
>>
>>316491391

Its ok. Its not better then new vegas but it might be a better framework so it could be better modded.
>>
Shittier version of NV with mods

5/10
>>
Just go play Garry's Mod if you want the fun part of this game
>>
>>316494881
>objective analysis
While we both know that's impossible I think you're rather accurate with your review.

One thing I would point out is that the "bad guy" options have been poorly fleshed out since FO1 where you were forced to hunt for the water chip.

People keep claiming that "poor roleplaying" is unique to FO4 when its honestly been common throughout the entire series.

The only real issue I have with FO4 is that noncombat skills don't have any effect in dialogue or quests.

My rig is far from a toaster so I haven't experienced any technical issues and can't speak to them.
>>
If it had more roleplaying options and no shitty mass effect wheel/voice acting or lame ass story, I'd consider it better than Vegas even.
>>
>>316491391

It does combat and graphics better, but this piece of shit makes Fallout 3 seem better in comparison. Already have nearly 24 hours into it so far and in my opinion it's not that good, at all.
>>
>>316493814
>american education
>>
>>316493114

This. Everytime I hit a conversation I remember what is going on with my charecter and realize if I was role playing I should go back to the house and crawl under the crib and cry.

I actually made a not to fix up the house as much as I could and deleted the bed I put in there as it seemed to make npcs walk through it.
>>
>>316493114
If you want to RP as a mother with a law degree, then don't use power armor or kill random strangers.
>>
File: 1436117808639.jpg (531 KB, 800x1144) Image search: [Google]
1436117808639.jpg
531 KB, 800x1144
>>316491391
I'm enjoying it, it's slightly less broken than New Vegas on launch but Bethesda still can't write. Runs well enough, combat is better and the weapon mod shit is okay too if it completely ruined the feeling of finding that really powerful unique weapon by introducing this "legendary" bullshit

Somehow created some really enjoyable companions though. Haven't met one I didn't like yet.

Settlement building and managing can fuck right off though, it is not engaging or fun or anything past the first time. Especially since Fallout 4 has the PC controls hardcoded for some stupid fucking reason.
>>
Good game, horrible Fallout game.
>>
>>316491391

Does the fucking dust settle every fucking day you pile of faeces?
>>
>>316495605
But those "RPG elements" are just vestigial board game mechanics. They needed to be dropped the second the series made the transition to 3D.

The main issue is that noncombat skills aren't useful in quests or dialogue like they were in NV.

That's honestly where the majority of the "RPG feel" that the game has comes from.
>>
>>316493114
Seriously. There's such a huge disconnect when a 50s house wife goes from zero to blowing people's heads off in the span of 15 minutes. And it's not like you can do a pacifist run
>>
i've played the game for about 10 hours now, i just like everything i have to do is a chore, even just exploring, but i think its cause i am over open world games
>>
>>316495859
I'm from Sweden, asshole
>>
There's no way to influence dialogue with perks or skills.

There's almost no way to influence how any quest plays out, you just accept the quest, kill the people/find the item, and turn in the quest.

It's really frustrating how there are obvious alternative solutions to most of these people's problems, but the RPG elements just aren't in the game anymore. It's basically just Skyrim meets Far Cry with a Fallout coat of paint on it.
>>
>>316494282

Before you get out of Cryostasis, you are somehow magically the one person to survive not suffocating to death for however many years it's been since life support went offline. You then open your pod from the inside when it is only able to be unlocked and opened from the outside.
>>
>>316493114

They can though.

It just works!
>>
>>316494152

Nice idea and a good framework but it needs mods. The npcs dont use the beds or bathe. Also you are suppose to assign them tasks but I cant figure out how and they seem to be farming on their own without instruction.

Basically everything about this game screams mod me.
>>
Only in the first neighbourhood thing.

>character creator is nice but I prefer sliders
>don't like a voiced character, but I'm getting this point and click vibe when you click on things and hear your character narrate them, though that may be just for the house
>voice acting is just generic americans
>graphics are alright, nowhere near as bad as they're made out to be but they're not 2015 standards, everything is colourful but 'smooth'
>GTX 670 i7 3770k and blah blah and auto detect did everything at high, the game stutters and slows down in random places though
>gunplay feels loads better but that isn't difficult to do because it felt like arse in f3 and nv
>conversation wheel already seems like it's just 3 yes options and a questions
>the intro was MASSIVELY underwhelming, rushed and silly, better than New Vegas' but worse than F3's
>>
>>316495256
I wouldn't accept Todd's blood money desu I don't even like Bethesda games
>>
>>316496075
>somalian education
>>
>>316496075
>asshole

Fuck off yank
>>
File: 1378965564138.gif (3 MB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1378965564138.gif
3 MB, 480x320
>>316492019
>it will easily be 10/10
>>
NV does factions WAY better, has more quests and unmarked things to do. NV's loot is also much better than Borderlands loot with very unsatisfying "unique" weapons. There are also less weapon types than in NV because modding so take that as you will.

As an open world, NV is poorly designed. The content is built around you follow a certain pathway to the Strip and has tons of blockades of invisible walls to stop you from going around or they throw enemies at you that almost OHK you.

FO4's world is really fucking good. Especially in the cities but even the wilderness is much better than what Bethesda usually does. Lot more verticality in the city that adds a new dimension, bunch of fire escapes or elevators to go up and loot/fight on rooftops. Ways to jump or go from roof to roof giving new access points to places or advantages in a fight.

Combat is now "meh" while in 3/NV it was just absolute shit. So its sorta better?

Story/writing still goes to NV

Old skill system vs new one, old one was way better but the new one can be good with tweaks. There SHOULD NOT BE level restrictions in a fucking Fallout game. Why? Why is this a thing?

Charisma is now useless since the choices don't mean shit outside of getting a few extra caps, there is very few situations to talk your way out of things. Almost all things come down to shooting, no other ways around
>>
>>316496169
>better than NVs intro

Are you serious?
>>
>>316496364
>cutscene of you getting shot
>LET ME SEE YOUR FACE
>YOU ARE THE ONE FROM MY DREAMS
>doctor lets you go out into the big wide world which is a boring desert
>>
>>316496064
This.
>>
>>316496106

The facility kept you alive on purpose as a unmutated sample of humanity. A backup since they had shaun. Its like they cut all the other tanks and make yours last longer.

Also Shaun tells you later he set you free. Remotely somehow.
>>
>>316495971
>roleplaying game
>drop the RPG elements
>nigga what
>>
>>316496457
Yea, which lets you roleplay as your own character. As opposed to a pointless trite backstory that establishes you as a regular joe from a regular family with set motivations and goals. The backstory completely kills the whole point of letting you create your character
>>
>>316496681
>FO4
>roleplaying game
wat
>>
File: 1382933003799.gif (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
1382933003799.gif
2 MB, 400x224
>Can't scrap starred items
>>
File: crashin this vertibird.jpg (529 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
crashin this vertibird.jpg
529 KB, 1920x1080
I'm honestly not motivated to finish the story. I just got passed the part where you leave the institute and I told Father to fuck off, so now I have to do shitty side quests for the minutemen when I really just want to go independent. Is that even an option in this shitty game?
>>
>>316495780

R9 290 OC'd, i5-4670k @ 4Ghz, dropping to 40 fps in areas. It's fucking stupid.
>>
File: implying.png (133 KB, 502x581) Image search: [Google]
implying.png
133 KB, 502x581
>>316496315

>Almost all things come down to shooting, no other ways around.
There SHOULD NOT BE level restrictions in a fucking Fallout game.

Gross and yes there should be. It creates boundaries on what is an acceptable power limit for a wastelander human surviving in the post-apocalypse and also forces players to make either personal or intelligent character driven decisions for their skill trees/points. It could be a reasonable cap, or as they always do introduce level cap increases with DLC.

Everyone ends up over leveling to early or getting too powerful and breezing through content even if it does scale.
>>
File: 1446223454617.jpg (180 KB, 600x884) Image search: [Google]
1446223454617.jpg
180 KB, 600x884
>>316496767
>>
>>316495880
Thanks for reminding me that at least 4 doesn't have the retarded mutated potato faces that plagued Oblivion, 3 and NV.

Jesus, it's one of the reasons I can't play them anymore
>>
File: fedora cat.gif (833 KB, 335x258) Image search: [Google]
fedora cat.gif
833 KB, 335x258
Fallout 1 is much better pals.
>>
>>316496683
That's more to do with the overall design than the intro though.

I was hoping this game would help me learn more about the pre-nuclear world and more about life in a vault.

But instead it's just
>OH SHIT NUCLEAR WAR
>RUN
>*gets frozen*
>5 minutes later you're out of the tiny vault
>>
File: 1314108170518.jpg (66 KB, 534x540) Image search: [Google]
1314108170518.jpg
66 KB, 534x540
>Hyped about settlements
>maximum is 21 settlers with full Charisma

ayyy fuck you bethesda
Mods have to fix your shit again
>>
>>316496364
NV's intro was terrible. My god these Obsidian drones are annoying.
>>
>>316496683

this.
>>
>>316496938
>That's more to do with the overall design than the intro though
Yea no shit, that's the complaint. The intro was terrible and they actually hurt the core roleplaying aspect of the game by adding it. They should have started the game with you awaking from the chamber and gone from there.
>>
>>316496169
>>character creator is nice but I prefer sliders
Agreed, those the creator can make some pretty funny characters.
>>don't like a voiced character, but I'm getting this point and click vibe when you click on things and hear your character narrate them, though that may be just for the house
Just for the house, I personally hate the voiced actor.
>>voice acting is just generic americans
Agreed
>>graphics are alright, nowhere near as bad as they're made out to be but they're not 2015 standards, everything is colourful but 'smooth'
Texture mapping and res is beyond trash, wait for some modder to fix this.
>>GTX 670 i7 3770k and blah blah and auto detect did everything at high, the game stutters and slows down in random places though
Try Windowed Borderless.
>>gunplay feels loads better but that isn't difficult to do because it felt like arse in f3 and nv
Gunplay is tighter, improvement of the engine itself (skyrim's engine)
>>conversation wheel already seems like it's just 3 yes options and a questions
It is.
>>the intro was MASSIVELY underwhelming, rushed and silly, better than New Vegas' but worse than F3's
I disagree.
>>
>>316496792
Non-oc'ed i7-2600K and R9 290. Dips to 25 fps.
>>
>>316496608
>I didn't read the terminals

Vault-Tec HQ had control over the entirety of the facility. They managed everything from a large distance and killed off the others, yes, to keep you alive. You were freed remotely using the same system.
>>
>>316496825

You've misunderstood their post.

1) There is no level CAP in Fallout 4. You can max out all perks and stats without issue
2) There are level REQUIREMENTS for perks, gating certain abilities for arbitrary reasons

You can no longer rush into high level lockpick/hacking for the sweet loot. You need to be at least level 18.
>>
>>316496957

I was wondering if I could add another workbench.
>>
>Neo /v/ calling NV mediocre and comparing it to FO4 because they have to justify their $90 DLC pass included purchases.

I want newfags to get out, NV is a top tier Fallout game and RPG minus the invisible walls and arduous linear progression through the map initially until you reach New Vegas.
>>
>>316497075
>I disagree.

How dare you
>>
>>316496169
> I prefer sliders
Pleb detected
>>
>>316497071

NV intro was not as bad. You start with amnesia which lets you ignore characterization.

Cheap move but it works.
>>
>>316496756
Okay, supposed to be a roleplaying game.
>>
>>316497071
Isn't it just setting up the main quest like many other Bethesda games though?
>>
>>316497094
Well
When they change the system from something that lets you have an actual build instead of 'get everything'
Maybe it's a shitty way of trying to balance stuff.
>>
>>316497086

Shaun explains it later he purposely set you free to see what would happen to see if you would look for him. Yes I read the terminals but I am saying the institute likely took control remotely when shaun was stolen. Then made the decision to fuck every pod but yours because you were genetically close to the original sample. They killed everyone else to keep you alive as long as possible.

The terminals would not change if the institute remotely hacked in.
>>
>>316496142

>The npcs dont use the beds or bathe

Yes they do. I built my own little metal shack for storing shit with a bed and radio. Every time I go in there late at night some fucker is sleeping in the bed.

I was wondering if it was possible to claim stuff as your own, preventing the NPC from using stuff.

The base building is pretty good though it seems kinda redundant. Theirs no real gains from doing so, other than the occasional visit from a caravan.

I was thinking of opening vendors and seeing what happens.

Also, how do I get Brahmin? Do i need to lure them in with something or capture them or what?
>>
>>316496075
How do you like the taste of refugee dick sven?
>>
File: image.jpg (784 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
784 KB, 1920x1080
>>316494881
>It does not look like a game from 2007

You're right. It's more comparable to a game from 2004
>>
>>316491391
I can't play it
It just stutters and freezes for minutes every time I try do anything in the overworld
>>
>be bethesda
>look over nexus
>take all the mods you think are interesting and add them to you game
>don't add interesting things for melee
>>
>>316497750
Honestly the major problem is that Bethesda have NO idea how to map textures correctly. I think a good example of this was Skyrim someone found some really poor examples and fixed them without adding anything to the textures, same shit applies in FO4.
>>
>>316497820
First person melee is always shit who cares.

>inb4 Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
>>
>>316497451
It also gives you a good initial motivation to bother with the main quest.
Without feeling cheap and without forcing your character into a fuck ton of backstory
>>
>>316497968
Mount And Blade: Warband.
>>
>>316497538
There are better ways to do that. The best part of the Elder Scrolls/NV is that you can be anyone you want to. FO4 forces a set character on you and does a terribly job getting you invested in him/her to boot.

>predetermined past military history or education
>white picket fence american family
>married with one child
>only motivation upon leaving the fault is to find your son because you are a loving parent

It just kills the roleplay aspect. What if my character in the Fallout world never had a family? What if he isn't a nice guy or a caring person? What if his motivations are entirely selfish and greedy? What if he's gay? etc...
>>
>>316495147
Only if I can play as the mother to fuck dogmeat
>>
>>316491391
Better then Fallout 3
Worse than New Vegas
>>
>>316491391

Worse than New Vegas in everything but the combat. Better than F3 in every possible way.
>>
Should have had stats and your chance of hitting is entirely tied into them. Like Morrowind.
>>
>>316497962
Fuck your inb4.
>>
>>316497750
FO4 looks loads better than that and if you disagree you're high off nostalgia, haven't played Fallout, or shitposting. It's probably all 3.
>>
>>316498013
Meant for >>316497962
>>
Anyone done the silver shadow quest yet?

Is there a way of saving that guy at the end of the final mission? There seems to be absolutely no time what so ever in the conversation ending and him getting his head blown off.
>>
>>316498023
I'm surprised you're criticising all those points and not the fact that you have a fucking voice and predefined responses with personality and character.
>>
compared to vegas?

better story, better characters, better gunplay, better factions, better world
>>
>>316496790

>Options
>in a Bethesda game

Kek, this is an open world shooter with loot, not an RPG, buddy boy.
>>
>>316495580
that in the comic store?
>>
>>316498137
We're talking about the intro. If I was going to go into detail about all the reasons the game is shit we'd be here all day.
>>
>>316498023

WTF, this isn't even a problem. The other Fallout games had a set back story too. F3, you grew up in a vault, had your education there, dad left, you went out to find him. F:NV your the courier, you got shot, woke up with no idea of why and went to find out. F1, The water purifier broke, you leave the vault to find spare parts.

F4 is no more hollow that the other games.
>>
>>316497094

>You can no longer rush into high level lockpick/hacking for the sweet loot. You need to be at least level 18.

And this is what pretty much killed the game for me. Artificial perk gating, regardless of your "build". Complete and utter disaster, as well as missing the point of Fallout entirely.
>>
>>316498236
>better factions

Seriously dude? I'm not far into the game but i doubt that
>>
>>316498401
Yes but there were a lot of blanks that you could fill in yourself. You were your own person.
Fallout 4 says that you're straight, have a kid, you really fucking care about that kid, like no fuck WHERES MY SON
>>
>>316498363
>implying we're not here all day
>>
>>316498401
I agree that the backstory isn't really an issue. But the backstory leaks into the rest of the game and is impossible to ignore or play at odds with.
>>
>>316498517
Don't reply to obvious bait.
>>
>>316498526
>Fallout 4 says that you're straight

Wrong.
>>
>>316498074
>blind people are allowed on 4chan now
>>
File: jet.jpg (37 KB, 272x400) Image search: [Google]
jet.jpg
37 KB, 272x400
>>316498125

Just pop some Jet, mane
>>
File: 2015-11-13 12-54-49.jpg (645 KB, 1395x961) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-13 12-54-49.jpg
645 KB, 1395x961
am i the only one thats justr watching cohncarnage play? dude is doing a legit playthrough
>>
i still don't understand why this game has such high requirements...???
>>
>>316498416
Except that builds left the game when they took out skills. You get everything eventually. And leveling happens pretty quick.
>>
>>316491391

No, its not better than New Vegas.

But it is definitely addictive just because i wanna have cool guns, although i dont think writting is there, everyone is just boring, the Railroad is kinda cool i guess but the whole "synths are slave" feels cliche, and the most interesting thing ive seen was the broken robot in diamond city who seriously gives me star wars feels.

Oh, and all the main quest ive done (only like 4) are all long boring "go here, kill 100 enemies" quests, what where they thinking.
>>
>>316498517

The factions are pretty good. The BoS are actually BoS, they fucking hate the institute, pick a side, lots of innocents die either way.

The only white knights are the minutemen.
>>
>>316498290

Yup, along with the axe
>>
>>316498401
FO3 was shit too. NV isn't even remotely the same thing, that's just a fucking job with a vague description. You could be a homicidal maniac who murdered his own family and still be the "courier"
>>
>>316498612
>No confirmed bachelor
>>
>>316498783

Fuck, I missed the axe!
>>
>>316498642
I'm running the game on a toaster.
Low settings of course but it works
>>
>>316496792

>he fell for the amd meme
>>
>>316498679

I wanted to be a tyrant of the Commonwealth. The Minutemen foolishly appointed me leader, so i'm abusing my power and establishing a Fourth Reich across the Wasteland.
>>
>>316498649

>builds left the game entirely

Not for me. I won't be grinding out every possible perk, since I'll probably stop playing in 5-10 hours, so I do have a soft build limitation.
>>
Are there any good quests in this game at all? Main quest has been consistently shit. That quest in covenant was so formulaic and terribly written. Right now I'm running after Dogmeat, an untrained dog, because he's apparently able to smell at a days old cigar and chase the smell across half the wasteland.
>>
>>316494152
Settlement mod + Real time settlement mod for new vegas btfo of fallout 4
>>
>>316498853
I played GTA V on medium but can't work this at all in my toaster.
>>
>>316498625
Nothing created in source has ever looked remotely aesthetically pleasing. The buildings are all sharp and blocky as fuck with no depth, the skybox is pitiful, the trees look two dimensional, there are six colors, and the wires could be shopped in and noone could tell the difference.
>>
>>316499158

Nigger this is a next gen game. Get with the times.
>>
>>316499158
Really?
I have a pretty dated setup: Phenom2 dual-core and a 5770
>>
>>316498934
Artificially limiting yourself doesn't count. The game, as it is built, is geared away from having builds.
>>
It's better than New Vegas and 3 in the action gameplay. It falls vastly short of New Vegas and is about on par with 3 in the roleplaying.
>>
>>316494285
Shoulda just doubled down. Would have been godtier shitposting tbqhwy.
>>
>>316499317

If I manage to hit high enough levels where it's possible to start diversifying into other builds i'll let you know, but that doesn't really seem possible until levels 60+
>>
>>316492019
>holds up really well against FNV

FUCK OFF

NV was a Fallout game, FO4 is just Borderlands with a different art style.
>>
>>316497662
You can assign NPCS to specific beds the same way as posts.
>>
>>316499495
What similarities do you see between FO4 and Borderlands?
>>
>>316498635

Wait, where's that from?
>>
File: ScreenShot22.jpg (954 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot22.jpg
954 KB, 1920x1080
>>316492019
only people who hate role playing games would say something like this

I mean, it's okay if you do hate the genre but at least let people know you do so you don't seem like a retard. Because this game has fairly good gameplay and I do agree that with mods it will only get more fun to play. But from a role playing perspective the game is completely terrible.
>>
>>316497662
I came across an NPC whilst exploring and she sold me a Brahmin
Only one I've found so far
>>
>>316499670
>Focus on gun collecting and gun modification
>Basic RPG systems
>Riddled with shitty "kill x amount of y"-tier quests
>Terrible writing
>Poor world-building
>Ugly graphics
>>
>>316498635

>pre-war poster
>advertising Jet
>>
>>316499914
the most obvious one is legendary mobs with randomized unique weapons
>>
File: 1447273109545.jpg (670 KB, 1920x939) Image search: [Google]
1447273109545.jpg
670 KB, 1920x939
>>316494152
>>
>>316498642
Take it with a grain of salt. I'm running it on high with an i5 processor, 750ti video card, and 6GB of ram. It doesn't stutter except once every few hours for a few seconds, sometimes it doesn't stutter at all.
>>
>>316498649
It comes to a screeching halt in the higher levels. It's pretty balanced to me.
>>
>>316498930
That gives me actual hope for the role playing aspect.
>>
>>316499914
Borderlands doesn't even have gun modification, its all about the collection.
The RPG systems in FO4 are definitely elementary as fuck but not quite as tuned-down as Borderlands
I haven't gotten any of the kill x amount of y quests but I also haven't progressed very far.
Writing in Borderlands is much better than in FO4
I like the worlds in Borderlands and in FO4, they're diverse and there's always a lot to see/do.
I agree but it is Bethesda so I don't know why anyone would have high expectations. And Borderlands is intentionally styled to look like a comic book

tl;dr i disagree
>>
>>316500130
has anybody not put turrets on those 2 parapets?
>>
>>316500367
>Writing in Borderlands is much better than in FO4
That's hilarious.

That's also probably true.
>>
File: 1329720499012.png (4 KB, 302x237) Image search: [Google]
1329720499012.png
4 KB, 302x237
>>316491391

>added an extensive crafting system
>removed the ammo crafting that was already present in new vegas

One step forward, two steps back.
>>
>>316500130

Ya you can completely ignore physics. Which I used to make a upside down pyramid with an easy to defend bottom and large room up top for beds.
>>
>>316498642
There doesn't seem to be any consistency to the requirements, some people can run it fine on old machines and others struggle on newer rigs
>>
>>316499756
>road leather for male is full leather
>road leather for female is just the leather jacket
>the female one looks like the mercenary outfit in fonv
BRAVO TODD
R
A
V
O
>>
If I build a safe or chest and put my stuff in it will the settlers in my settlement take the shit I stored or is it safe
>>
>>316494152
>How's the base building stuff?

Pointless.
>>
>>316496683
I'd rather play as a scripted character in a more interesting setting than my "self insertion" character in a big boring empty desert. Either way Fallout is a shit series.
>>
>>316500445
>defending

My sanctuary never got invaded so far, will i ever have attacks?
>>
>>316496236
kek
>>
>>316500130

I have not been attacked yet. Where do they spawn? Anywhere or just the bridge? The river seems to block most of it.
>>
File: ScreenShot4.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot4.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>Pre war
>Jet
>NO
>>
>>316491391
Oh goody its a tired phrase used by a retard human.

Why is op always a faggot and why don't you faggots sage this shit?
>>
>>316491391
>spoiler
negro what
STORY:SHIT
GAMEPLAY:REMOVED GOOD THINGS, ADDED GOOD THINGS NEEDS FIXING
IMMERSION:LOLNOPE
ROLE-PLAYING:TODD/10, YOU CAN ROLEPLAY BETTER WITH A STICK
WRITING/DIALOUGE:EVERYONE IS RETARDED
>>
FO4 > FO3 >>>NV >>>>>>>> all that other non-canon faggotry
>>
File: 1447391101926.png (282 KB, 426x441) Image search: [Google]
1447391101926.png
282 KB, 426x441
>>316500686
You having a good time, fellow hamster?
>>
>>316498635
>>316500596

Just fuck my lore up, senpai!
>>
Is it better than FO3?
>>
>>316495532
>All in all New Vegas is just plain better in every category that really counts, but 4 made a lot of unexpected improvements that could benefit the series in the long run if Bethesda take their heads out of their asses and cut out all the watered down tripe.

So basically if Bethesda give the engine to Obsidian to make another game with?
>>
File: ScreenShot40.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot40.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
It's a shame they didn't overhaul the decapitation/gore. Deathclaws still rips off their victim's limbs with surgical precision.
>>
why does the game look unlit? everything is so flat
>>
>>316500791
I'm having an immense amount of fun with this game indeed.
>>
>>316491391
let's see:
1. main story is bad. It just is. The fact that you get handed everything right on the beginning of the game is ridiculous; you get out of a vault, 15 minutes later you have a power armor, kill a death claw, get a station to craft everything you want, and people trusting you to build some kind of base of operations.
2. The main character having a voice and a backstory makes whatever you want to do with him limited; what i mean is that you can blow raider's brains and use power armor but that's just out of character considering how he was living peacefully a couple of minutes ago.
3. leveling is too easy
4. finding items is too easy. It's 200 years and there is stuff all over the place. It's the same in other games of the series, but they put two time more this time and in places where it shouldn't be.
5. the enemies are too easy, even on the hardest level.
6. i could swear sometimes the places of this game looks better than where i live. It's just not how it should be.

that's what i can say for now.
>>
>>316491391
nv>4>3
>>
>>316500830
It's like they took 3 to the next level, yeah. A real proper sequel.

They took everything great about 3 and made it that much better.
>>
>>316498125
I decided not to even start the conversation with the guy, and just shot his face. He hesitated when I crippled it with a crit and after he goes down the other raiders wont kill him.
>>
>>316500963
but then again there wasn't much great about 3.
>>
Is it likely that there will be overhaul mods? Speech and dialogue as well?
>>
>>316500831
That's what my sentiment is, if Obsidian makes another Fallout and they keep the positive improvements that Bethesda introduced in FO4, I think that game could be a contender for the greatest of all time
>>
Companions die in FO 4? just curious. Mine didn't die yet, but i didn't try to kill them anyway.
>>
File: 1400481907291.gif (1 MB, 316x195) Image search: [Google]
1400481907291.gif
1 MB, 316x195
>>316491391

>delve into a prewar military installation that hasn't been touched for two centuries
>fight my way past the automated defenses
>claim my well earned reward at the end
>pipe rifle

It's like Bethesda wanted to dethrone Witcher 3 for the game with the worst loot system imaginable.
>>
>>316501064
You'll definitely see a gameplay rebalance to make the game actually hard without turning enemies into bullet sponges. And perk overhaul. I doubt they will be able to reimplement the old skill and perk system but at least they'll make the perk chart make sense.
>>
>>316501103
I murdered that BoS faggot, I'm not sure if NPCs can kill your companions though.
>>
>>316501103
I got jumped by a pack of 9 ghouls when I was exploring the rail station, right in the middle of them, but I managed to squeeze out and kill them because they were all tearing into Dogmeat and he walked away unscathed. I think companions are immortal
>>
>>316499756
>next/this gen graphics
Look like shit
>>
>>316501257
No one wants to play after the dog dies so
companions can't die
A lot of npcs can't die actually
>>
>>316501121
It worked well in Oblivion and Skyrim, didn't it? Everyone loved the dynamic radiant loot system.
>>
File: fallout 4 review.jpg (266 KB, 946x1020) Image search: [Google]
fallout 4 review.jpg
266 KB, 946x1020
reminder that if you don't like fallout 4 you're a fucking furfaggot
>>
>>316499914
>ugly graphics
I love it whenever people say this it's like they didn't even play the previous fallout games to compare the graphics to. The graphics are objectively better than the previous fallout games so your argument becomes immediately retarded when you say that and everything you say becomes invalid.
>>
File: current year meme.png (60 KB, 393x255) Image search: [Google]
current year meme.png
60 KB, 393x255
>>316502582
>>
>>316500896
To be fair, the male main character is an ex-soldier.
>>
>>316502582
Fallout 1 and 2 had great graphics, you mongoloid fuck. And F3 looked decent for it's time, compared to the absolute shitfest that is F4.
>>
File: 1447434630726.png (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1447434630726.png
3 MB, 1920x1200
>>316494152
>>
pure garbage, worse entry in the serie, even 3 wasn't that disappointing.
>>
>>316502785
Or a lawyer.
>>
>>316502248
He may be mentally ill, but he's still right
>>
File: 1195048832175.jpg (27 KB, 750x434) Image search: [Google]
1195048832175.jpg
27 KB, 750x434
>>316502582

You are a fucking idiot and a fanboy.
ANY sequel of ANY series will have better visuals than the previous games. When someone judges a game's graphics they're comparing it to ANY OTHER GAME RELEASED AT THE TIME.

For today's standards, the quality of these visuals are subpar.
>>
>>316502582
The graphics are ugly compared to practically all other AAA open world titles from this year and the year before, especially for the game's hardware requirements. Relatively speaking, the graphics are ugly. On top of that, the quest design is indeed terrible and the world doesn't feel nearly as grounded or cohesive as New Vegas or Fo1/2.
>>
>>316503045
he's not right, you can be an evil son of a bitch.

the brotherhood of steel literally has you killing farmers to take over their land
>>
>>316491391

New Vegas is untouchable, but I'm biased because I LOVED that western/cowboy shit.

Fallout 4 is good though, I really like having a big urban area to explore again, that was kind of missing from New Vegas since Vegas was more of a town, as opposed to Boston and DC which are big hostile ruins.
>>
>>316498636
He's fine but a bit keky tbqh
>>
>>316502687
>>316502803
>>316503084
>>316503101

When the fuck are you millennials ever going to stop caring about graphics in video games?

Gameplay should come LONG before graphics in any game you play. God you fucking millennials with your obsession with graphics makes me hate where gaming is going. Devs have to sacrifice gameplay elements and story because of dumb fucking cunts like you that want the best graphics available for any game that comes out because that shit costs time and money.

You dumb fucking cunts are the reason gaming is costing much much more time and money to make compared to years ago.
>>
>>316500836
>Deathclaws still rips off their victim's limbs with surgical precision.

They're called DEATHCLAWS for a reason.
>>
>>316503164
>there are a few quests that allow you to do something that is out of character
wooooowww
>>
>>316491391

It's...ok

I wouldn't say its better then New Vegas.

Right now some of my major issues are...

1. Upgrading/Getting new gear. I mean for the first 15 levels (about 17 hours for me) I was using roughly the same gear. You pretty much NEED crafting if you want to get new gear at a decent rate.

2. Lack of unique gear early one. NV had so many different types of weapons and armor that you could get early one. Merc armor, just regular civie armor, NCR, Brotherhood of Steel, etc etc. In 4 it seems that they have a set group of gear you can get and it stays that till you get a certain level. The amount of times I've gone to diamond city and only seen leather and metal is a lot. Wasn't till about level 13-15 i think that I saw my first piece of combat armor. Almost level 20 now and the store's inventories have changed a whole lot.

Those are my major issues. Some things that stood out to me are

1. Bottlecaps are rare. I actually struggled to pay for ammo/gear early one.

2. The way you make money. I found selling weapons/armor usually wasn't worth it. Since many times I hit max weight, I learned to prioritize different weapons. 80% of my money seems to be coming from ammo.

3. Settlements/Building are awesome.
>>
>>316493114

wait so if you play as a female, you stay as a lawyer and your husband is still the soldier?

does that make the USS Constitution quest unplayable then since they wouldn't recognize you as being in the army?
>>
>>316503527
muh goalposts
>>
>>316503576
Joining the brotherhood and killing your son is a complete fucking 180 from the start of the game.

You fucking retard.
>>
2 > New Vegas > 1 > 4 > 3
>>
Is the map really as small as some people are saying it is?
>>
>>316503579
>selling ammo ever

ammo is like caps that you can also shoot
>>
File: 1441236793609.jpg (103 KB, 1054x1037) Image search: [Google]
1441236793609.jpg
103 KB, 1054x1037
>>316491391
Yes, it is, and for now I would say its the definitive Fallout experience. Anyone saying otherwise are just plain stupid.
>>
>>316503527
fyi if you're under 34 you're a millennial too
>>
>>316503579
It's early on, not early one.
>>
>>316503784
New Vegas > 1 > 2 > Tactics > 4 > Van Buren > 3 > BoS.
>>
File: 1350814035872.jpg (17 KB, 358x353) Image search: [Google]
1350814035872.jpg
17 KB, 358x353
>>316503527
>Fallout 4
>gameplay

Even the gameplay is broken.
The dialog system is a pile of garbage, the base building is a joke, and you can't make any choices other than those the developers WANT you to make.

Quit being a sheep.
>>
>>316503679
Isn't that something that you do at the very end of the game so it doesn't have any real consequence one way or the other?
>>
>>316500130
How do you do that shit, I'm finding the editor janky as fuck and really difficult to use
>>
>>316503964
No, even if you kill your son as soon as you meet him you still have a bit to do.

Like rebuilding liberty prime, fighting the railroad etc
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.