[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout Virgin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: falloutanthology-145-610.jpg (29 KB, 610x405) Image search: [Google]
falloutanthology-145-610.jpg
29 KB, 610x405
I have never played a fallout game in my life. After hearing all the hype for 4 I decided i had waited long enough and bought the nuke anthology. What do i play first and what should i expect.
>>
Give FO1 a try for a few hours

if you hate it skip to NV
>>
Play Fallout 1 and 2. Don't bother with the rest.
The spin-offs are crap and Bethesda/Obsidian ones are just Oblivion and Skyrim.
>>
File: 1446832902639.jpg (239 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
1446832902639.jpg
239 KB, 1280x850
>>316476842
I've never played Oblivion or Skyrim.
>>
Release order. Can probably skip tactics though.
>>
Throw the games away, build a PC inside the bomb and then play some actually good games on there.
>>
>>316476842

This exact 'reason' is why you skip the first couple games in the series. Parroting /v/ doesn't make a game shit, but having clouded nostalgia vision does.

Start with 3, OP.
>>
>>316476651
play in release order, retard/

Fallout 1 - Expect great writing, great art style and superior gameplay

Fallout 2 - Expect great writing, great art style, bigger world with more quests and settlements, even better gameplay, and companions with more personality and usefulness

Tactics - Expect a combat heavy game with minimal story, multiplayer, finely tuned gameplay at the cost of everything else

3 - No longer isometric, many RPG elements removed, voice acting added. Towns are smaller, and generic NPC's stand out more, questgivers and other memorable NPC's aren't written as well as they used to be, but still just as memorable. Radio with 10/10 announcer. Overall not the best Fallout game, but still a good game

NV - expect writing, story and characters on par with the first to game, with the gameplay and aesthetics of 3. More outcomes to quests, every settlement on the map affects the ending, added RPG elements and hardcore mode
>>
coming from someone who played 3 first i suggest starting with 1 or 2, you can honestly just start with two if you really want but 1 is so short you can easily beat it in an afternoon
>>
>>316476651
use the nuke as butt plug.
>>
>>316477067
>but 1 is so short you can easily beat it in an afternoon

Only if you know where you're going and what you're doing. A blind playthrough will take as long as a normal game, it's not that short. The timer hanging over your head isn't great though.

2 best game, but 1 is still amazing in its own way
>>
>>316477094
My asshole is too big it just falls right out
>>
>>316476842
play 1, 2 and NV

if you really hate yourself, play Mothership Zeta and nothing else
>>
>>316477153
first playthrough usually only lasts 8-12 hours, i beat the game in around ten my first time through and i was a huge casual at the time too
>>
>>316476924
Go play them then. They are shit. Absolutely awful games for autistic people.
Install a gun mod and you won't have to play the FPS fallout games.
>>
>>316477401
Nice. My first time was a collossal fuck up. I'd already played a few cRPG's by then, but I was still a dumb kid who couldn't into anything more than "OOOH THAT HAS THE HIGHEST DAMAGE/PROTECTION BETTER USE THAT!"

God, how ashamed I am of my former self
>>
>>316476969

Nothing about that is clouded nostalgia, it's a different taste. Some people like action games with RPG aspects, some people like actual RPGs. Depends on what OP wants.
>>
>>316477067
>1 is so short you can easily beat it in an afternoon
You can beat it in 10 minutes if you want but first time blind run can easily take 30-40h.
>>
OP here. I get the New Vegas is a spinoff of fallout 3 which is why it doesnt have a number associated with it, but whats the deal with Fallout Tactics?
>>
>>316477027
>Fallout 2 - Expect great writing
>>
Play Fallout 3 first. It's not the best, but it's probably the easiest one to pick up. Then NV, then 1, then 2.
>>
This guy is wrong
>>316478745

this guy is right
>>316476714

Always play games in release order wherever possible
>>
play FO1 other are shit especially the ones made by Bethesda/Obsidian
>>
>>316478693
>I never played Fallout 2 starterpack:
Pop-culture references!
shitty writing!
Never improved on Fallout 1 at all!
FUCKING RANDOM ENCOUNTERS!

try playing it anon, it's actually really good. Just because it isn't Tim Cain doesn't mean anything
>>
>>316478984
I don't know after the tutorial and getting to the first village with the dialog I kinda just turned the game off and never returned. I will one day.
>>
>>316479071
Honestly anon, at least get to Broken Hills. The Den also has phenomenal writing. Klamath is a shit tier town, don't judge the game based soley on it. Only good thing about that place is BASED Sulik
>>
>>316479227
I started it right after completing F1 for the first time so maybe I was a little burned out, but I do want to complete it because F1 was so good.
>>
>>316479302
I'd recommend it. As much as I love FO1, 2 is the best game in the series by far
>>
>>316478745
No, if he picks Fallout 3 as his first, he's more likely to become one of those nostalgiafaggots who won't shut the fuck up about "muh atmosphere."
If you condition someone to enjoy shit, they're not going to like anything that isn't shit.
>>
>>316478324
no way, ive never seen it last 40 hours there simply isnt enough to do in the game. fallout 2 can easily last like 60-100 first time through but 1 is actually very short even if you get sidetracked
>>
>>316478631
its also a spinoff, same with brotherhood of steel. i dont consider nv a spinoff though considering that its in the canon unlike tactics and brotherhood of steel
>>
>people not liking the improvements that 2 has over 1
2=NV>1>3=4
>>
>>316479581
Who do you care what game OP is going to like the most? The first two Fallout games are not welcoming to a first-time player, they assume the player has read the manual. 3's opening tends to work better on newcomers than NV's, as you're given a far clearer objective and slower introduction to the world.

Besides, I started with 3 and my current ranking would be NV > 2 = 1 >> 3.
>>
>>316480007
>Who do you care what game OP is going to like the most?
Because Fallout 3 apologists are shitposting cancer and we don't need another one of them here.

>Besides, I started with 3 and my current ranking would be NV > 2 = 1 >> 3
Judging from what I've seen, I believe that most people who play Fallout 3 first will see it as the best game in the series, even though objectively in terms of content, it isn't.
>>
Can someone please tell me the difference between New Vegas and Fallout 3 because for all intents and purposes, they look the same to me.
>>
>>316482365

NV has better story and shit.
3 has better world and atmosphere.
>>
fallout 1 and 2 are complete garbage trash you will not enjoy them unless you really like old ass ugly games that look and play like shit.

you should have just bought fallout 3 and new vegas. new vegas is like a wasteland and fallout 3 is just crumbled buildings and shit like that but everyone likes new vegas more. you choose.
>>
>>316482993
GR8 B8 M8
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.