[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
halo 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: halo_amazon_main1.jpg (52 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
halo_amazon_main1.jpg
52 KB, 450x450
I know halo 5 just came out but I'm still on xbox360.

>play through halo 1,2,3,odst,reach campaigns
>mostly very enjoyable
>Haha, time for halo 4
>opening cinematic
>MUH SPARTANS
>SPARTANS ARE THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY (wtf)
>SPARTNSN
>ITS ALL ABOUT THE SPARTANSf
>master chief does some gay ass ballerina somersault move off a brute chieftan

So already at this point I knew the writing and lore were going to be absolute shit. I mean I understand Spartans are cool but they are just a branch of the human military, they are not the be all end all of it. It reminded me of what happened in Crysis; where they had a very cool gimmick in the nanosuit, then in crysis 2 and 3 they went all gay about it and made the whole story completely about the suit, when at first it was just there to justify the style of gameply that was avilable to the player.

But the cinematic visually looked nice so maybe the gameplay would be good.

>game starts
>Elite AI is completely non existent
>An elite felt like a formidable foe in Reach but he just stands there like a paper mache in Halo 4
>everything is glossy looking
>enemy animation is so fucking weird and stiff, completely different and worse than previous halos, almost on par with halo 1

Only on the first mission though. I guess its probably still a decent game but as a Halo game its very disappointing.
>>
>sprinting
No thank you
>>
I remember the hardest part of Reach on Legendary was the elites animations

Shit was like jelly
>>
>>316475887

Basically, just stop with 3, anon. Just don't do it to yourself. The original books were "ok". The forerunner book
s are just fucking terrible and someone in 343 signed off on them, integrated them into the game canon and they've gone too far to turn back. It's just awful.
>>
>>316476814
who actually cares about halo lore

it's a video game, not a book
>>
>>316478142

Anyone who played Bungie's games from Marathon onwards. Those guys were awesome at fleshing out worlds.
>>
>>316478348
Halo 2 was garbage in the story compartment though, so...
>>
>>316478401

fleshed out game universe != story

I liked Halo 2, it just felt like unfinished
>>
>>316478657
no, H2 was awful from the very first level.
>>
>>316478843

>your opinion is wrong because it doesn't match mine

ok.jpg
>>
>>316478968
who are you quoting bro?
>>
>>316479030

I think you need to lurk more, squire
>>
>>316479112
spotted the redditor :^)
>>
>>316479230

>likes something I don't like
>must be from reddit

On the bright side: That's so neo-/v/ at least I can't accuse you of the same thing.

faggot
>>
>>316475887
Imo, Halo is still fine, for the better or worse. I don't mind sprint, but load outs are my trigger. Thank god they got rid of that in Halo 5
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.