[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>epic OST >Much more darker story than previous games >based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: AJ_cover_art.png (2 MB, 1536x1377) Image search: [Google]
AJ_cover_art.png
2 MB, 1536x1377
>epic OST
>Much more darker story than previous games
>based hobo wright
>engaging plot with great twists

Why do people hate this game again?
>>
>>316470762

Because the lead character is a twat, and that's who we spend 97% of the game with.

When your game is based on the story, and about 50% of the story is delivered by the main character's lines, you'd better not have a fucking horrible main character.
>>
>>316470762
The final case lacked the impact and wasn't as good as the previous final cases.
>>
Trucy makes up for it.
>>
>>316471004
>wrights hidden camera hat thingy
>trucys real father
>poison stamp causing all that shit
>muh 7 years ago

Nigger wut
>>
>>316471201
Yes, but the case still wasn't as good as the other final cases.
>>
>>316471423
Maybe not gameplay wise, but story wise it was perfect.

I play PW games for the story, not the "gameplay".
>>
>>316470762
>based hobo wright
dropped
>>
>>316470762
The fact the main protagonist is overshadowed by phoenix
Boring prosecutor and villains.
4-3 is the worst case and 4-4 is the worst final case in the series.
>>
>>316470762
The soundtrack was the best thing about the game.

Darker doesn't necessarily mean better, especially when all the actually interesting story stuff happens offscreen and almost everyone in the game is thoroughly unlikeable.
>>
It annoyed me that the prosecutor wasn't out to get you like in the previous trilogy. He was just arrogant about his musical career and that's it.
>>
Here apollo, have some blatant forged evidence

did I mention forged evidence is what made me no longer an ace attorney 7 years ago? Oh weelllll, I'm sure you'll be fine
>>
>>316471506
>liking the happy cheerful wright over the laid back literally fucking based wright

This nigger just screams charisma
>>
>>316470762
>engaging plot with great twists
lol the grand finale of the game comprises of a literall button for good ending and bad ending popping up.
>>
File: Kristoph_going_mad.png (183 KB, 467x336) Image search: [Google]
Kristoph_going_mad.png
183 KB, 467x336
>>316471547
>kristopth and klavier boring
>>
>>316471679
I said plot, not gameplay. There is so much shit that happens because the final button press.
>>
File: DGS_Box_art copy.jpg (152 KB, 500x445) Image search: [Google]
DGS_Box_art copy.jpg
152 KB, 500x445
Worst Ace Attorney game coming through

>Literally half the game is just tutorials
>Second "trial" isn't even a trial. It's just a short investigation and that's it
>prosecutor has shit characterization. 90% of his rebuttals boil down to "you stoopid Japanese man, you don't even know English law!"
>conclusion to all the trials are way too obvious
>last trial solves a big "mystery" from the 3rd trial no one really gave a shit about
>the thing you actually cared about and was teased throughout the game ends on a HUGE cliffhanger that will probably never be concluded
>>
>>316471779
Fuck, I wish I knew nipponeese.
>>
>>316471727
Kristoph was just a more autistic Manfred. Great idea, lacklustre execution (like AJ in general really).

Klavier was awful, his "Apollo I already knew about that point you just made but I just decided to not say anything for no reason haha lets move the trial forward now ACHTUNG BABY" was not enjoyable
>>
>>316471779
It might not be an Ace Attorney game but this game can't possibly be worse than the first Miles Edgeworth game.
>>
>>316471990
Ok, you got me on Klavier, he was a cunt.

>Your kind, calm mentor turns out to be a murderer
>those black psyche locks
>that breakdown
>>
>>316472096
>Implying Investigations was a bad game

>Literally the best OST in the series
>Edgeworth is main character
>Zheng Fa conspiracy
>Shih-na revelation
>>
File: Kristoph_Laugh.gif (11 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Kristoph_Laugh.gif
11 KB, 256x192
The plotline should've been what AAI1 was, sorta. HoboNick, Ema and Trucy doing AAI style stuff investigating and setting up Kristoph's fall + a flashback scene of Phoenix's disbarring and the finale againt Kristoph being court segments.
>>
It was a great game. People don't hate it, they just want to show their loyalty to Phoenix.

And Apollo will always just be a little cocksmurf compared to Phoenix.
>>
File: perceive-kristoph-devil.gif (49 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
perceive-kristoph-devil.gif
49 KB, 512x512
to me the only outstanding thing about it (aside from the OST) was Kristoph. I truly consider him to be one of the best villains the series. Shame he was pretty wasted all things considered.
>>
>>316472493
in the series*
>>
>>316472493
>that fucking hand mark

Shit gave me chills, first time I saw it.
>>
FUCKING CASE 3!!!!!
>>
>>316472323
Investigations was bullshit because the final case was literally horseshit (not the only problem). Everytime the big bad goes and gives a testimony he ALWAYS has to add one little additional comment he didn't need to say and fucks himself over. Rinse and repeat. Made more bullshit because he really didn't need to say anything at all because of muh immunity or some bullshit. If it wasn't so long ago i would've be able to give a more thorough analysis.

And Edgeworths characterization just seems off. The Edgeworth you play after he refinds himself if the exact same Edgeworth as the one doing his first case mentored by Von Karma. Literally no different. And you wonder no way either Edgeworth would make the same oversight as the one from the first game.

Only thing good about that game was Colias Palaeno
>>
>>316472668
Probably shittiest case in the series next to Turnabout Bigtop.
>>
>>316470762

>Why do people hate this game again?

No one hates the game.

We hate the characters.

The really, really, really shit characters that plague the entire fucking game. Virtually all of them are completely unlikable.

The rest of the game, the OST, the cases, the investigations, aren't so bad, and are even good to some extent. But the characters fucking drag this down so much.
>>
File: meme.png (1 MB, 1047x937) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
1 MB, 1047x937
>>316472096
>AAI1
>bad
>>
>>316472791
>Investigations was bullshit because the final case was literally horseshit

Shih-Na, Badd, Yatagarasu. That's all.

> Everytime the big bad goes and gives a testimony he ALWAYS has to add one little additional comment he didn't need to say and fucks himself over. Rinse and repeat

Agreed.

> The Edgeworth you play after he refinds himself if the exact same Edgeworth as the one doing his first case mentored by Von Karma

>Early miles: Arrogant kid
>Present miles: based

>Colias Palaeno
Fuckoff.
>>
>>316470762
No Maya.

Seriously where the fuck is maya?

Will she appears in the new game?
>>
If you like AA

Why not try the multiplayer version?

>>>316472380
>>
>>316473502
>playing court with abunch of socially awkward /v/irgins

No thanks.
>>
>>316473502
>glorified RPing
nah
>>
I think AJ is better on a second playthrough.

Your first time through you have shock from having to play as a new protagonist and seeing Phoenix as a totally different person, which sours the experience.

Once you're all used to that however, its quite a bit better playthrough a second time.
>>
It really is my favorite, but people just bash it mindlessly.

I wish we could have some kind of sequel in the same direction instead of going back to full retard magic stuff (or even the cheesy stuff we had to deal with in Dual Destinies)
>>
>>316472791
>The Edgeworth you play after he refinds himself if the exact same Edgeworth as the one doing his first case mentored by Von Karma. Literally no different

My only real problem with the game.
Second and third case were pretty meh, but the rest is good.
>>
>>316473986
>thread filled with people explaining why they happen to dislike AJ
>"but people just bash it mindlessly"

Also AJ's logic was even dumber than usual despite the lack of supernatural elements, with characters not even bothering to have a reason for lying to you all throughout the game. It even retroactively makes Phoenix dumber as a character, he was never as overly cocky in the Trilogy as he was in that flashback of him vs Klavier.
>>
>>316470762
AJ is amazing and remains one of my favorites
>>
I love this game, it's on my top 3 of the series.
The one thing I hate is the third case.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.