[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw this on sale for 40 bucks. I caved. I bought it. What am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
Saw this on sale for 40 bucks.
I caved.
I bought it.

What am I in for, and any starting pointers for a first timer?
This game is pretty big from what I get, if any, what shit do I need to be aware of that the game might not explain clearly/I'll accidentally skip over and miss entirely?
>>
bump for potential Xenoblade thread.
>>
O-one more time...
>>
>>316468676
you should have either bought it on wii u virtual console or emulated on pc
i really cant stand the 3ds graphics
game is awesome. dont get bogged down in side quests if you dont want to. leave this thread now becuase spoilers
>>
>>316468676
>40 bucks
>on sale

Isn't that the MSRP?
>>
>>316468676
>>
>>316468676
nobody's posting OP because we want you to get the fuck out and play it before someone spoils something for you, the story is good enough that if you get spoiled it will ruin your fucking day so get out you goddamn kek and play it.

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU READING SPOILERS YOU GODDAMN IDIOT WHAT IF THERE WERE ACTUAL SPOILERS IN HERE
>>
>>316470061
Yeah what he said.
>>
>>316470061
>>316470289

Straya

>>316470024
I have my friend's copy on wii, but to be frank, I'd much rather play a JRPG I can sit in bed and sink a whole morning and afternoon without having moved.

RPGs tied to a TV never sit that well with me.
>>
>>316470132
I'll probably jynx it but when I'm as tired as I am now, I'm spoiler proof when I have zero faces to connect names to, and zero context for any of it.

I've read spoilers about games I wanted to play, but only served to deceive me further because I know jack shit about the game.
>>
>>316470380
wii virtual console on wii u would be perfect for you then play on the pad
i think it still comes with a 10% discount for xenoblade x digital copy
>>
>>316470569
Wii U is the most used TV device in my house, and probably the only thing not exclusively used by me.

buuut already got the 3DS copy on impulse, so might as well see how it bodes.
The New3DS exclusive thing still makes me laugh, but I'm curious enough to stick with it.
>>
>>316468676
Don't level Fiora
>>
>>316470724
you can play virtual console games using the pad only
and i just checked the eshop now
xenoblade chronicles is $26 dollars (inc. GST)
>>
>>316468676
pretty much fell in love with this game over the last few months, OP, good fucking choice.

The combat system is maybe the best aspect, tinkering around with character and move combinations actually feels like it pays off. Certain characters feel useless until you figure out their pros/cons.

Close to completion on 3ds then I think I'll replay it on Dolphin with the graphics patch.

>>316470724

The boosted CPU is definitely needed for this game though.
>>
>>316470840
>>316470724
sorry i didnt read your post properly
sucks you dont have exclusive use of your wii u
>>
>>316470380
Crikey!
>>
>>316470778
Now this is what I'm talking aboot

Can I take a very VERY wild guess here, and say she's the useless magic user/healer that never heals?

>>316470840
>>316470909
Shame wii u can't run two games while my brother is dragging his way through Earthbound before switching back and forth to mario maker.
Eh, Sharings caring.

>>316470882
I tried emulating it once but
>amd cpu
Notta chance unless I wanna spend even more upgrading.
>>
>>316471065
>Can I take a very VERY wild guess here, and say she's the useless magic user/healer that never heals

GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
>>
>>316471297
Bullseye then
Useless party member acknowledged and purged.
>>
>>316471356
If only you knew how bad things really are
>>
>>316471065
>amd cpu
I FEEL YOUR PAIN
>Phentom II x4
>Fucking CHUGS on this shit so bad that I get 15FPS
>Get an i5, same video card
>FUCKING 90 FPS CALM THE FUCK DOWN
AMD are so beyond shit for emulation I don't know why anyone would WANT to use them.
>>
File: wp4-1920x1080.jpg (138 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wp4-1920x1080.jpg
138 KB, 1920x1080
I love how this game still gets a good reception here. I'm gonna miss the British accents in XBC-X.

Need to complete it, I have like 10 hours left now and I wanna read the story at length.

Dunban greatest party member?
>>
Awful, awful graphics but great gameplay.

Game has a ridiculous draw distance so you'll go through a hidden tunnel to a secret chest then turn around and your standing on a cliff overlooking the entire area and you can see in the far off distance a bridge you ran across 35 minutes earlier and all the areas you just ran through. It WOULD be very impressive but because the game looks so ugly its only "oh neat"
>>
So I have a new 3ds, a wiiu and a powerful PC, what should I play it on?
>>
>>316471961
well emulation is free and theres a hd texture pack or something
virtual console on wii u is cheaper than 3ds and you get a discount on buying xenoblade x on the eshop, plus you can get comfy and play on the pad in bed
>>
File: 13322.jpg (367 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
13322.jpg
367 KB, 1920x1080
>>316471961
I like playing it on the go to be honest, but the PC version certainly LOOKS the best,
>>
you have to kill riki or nuke colony 9
>>
>>316471356
How about you don't listen to us and JUST GO PLAY IT ANON

It's worth it trust me.

>>316471503
>I'm gonna miss the British accents in XBC-X.
Fiora's VA is in XBX
>>
>>316472363
>riki fags thinking that was a moral choice
>when riki LITERALLY was metalface all along

retards like you should just kill yourself
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.