[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right? Also, Elder Scrolls.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: utub.jpg (42 KB, 783x448) Image search: [Google]
utub.jpg
42 KB, 783x448
Is he right?
Also, Elder Scrolls.
>>
>>316459871
So CHIM is like, "Fuck you, we can do whatever we want, it's all a dream anyway?" right? I still don't quite understand, as for your post OP, I do agreewith most of those things besides the "Better dungeons", because at least in Oblivion, it didn't feel like the same dungeon with the same enemies
>>
>>316460191
>So CHIM is like, "Fuck you, we can do whatever we want, it's all a dream anyway?" right?

CHIM is ingame characters knowing that they are characters in a video game, and using the ingame console to do things they shouldnt be able to do.

When an NPC becomes self aware, they achieve CHIM.
>>
>>316459871
I agree that Skyrim does a lot of things better then Oblivion, but Quest Design and its factions are not among those things. They were Oblivions biggest strength, and while there are good quest to be found in Skyrim, the majority are copy-paste and the faction quest-lines are all awful.
>>
>>316461067
Also the Player Character if they are on PC and using the console and mods.
>>
>>316461260
The player character is always kind of CHIM-ing, because they abuse game mechanics to get ahead. The player is of course aware he is in a game. Unless he is roleplaying, then he is in denial about his CHIM-ness.
>>
>>316461204

I agree.

Nothing pissed me off more than realizing that all of Skyrim's guild quests had the same exact fucking plotline "Oh no, the current leader betrayed us. How could we have seen that coming?"

Also in Oblivion, the reverse murder mystery quest for the Dark Brotherhood was 10/10 in every way
>>
>>316461414
>"Oh no, the current leader betrayed us. How could we have seen that coming?"

Not what the Warrior guild was about.
Not what the Mage guild was about.
>>
>Better combat
Yes.
>Better stealth
To some extent. In Morrowind/Skyrim, you're stealthy because of some chameleon spell so you can literally run around and people won't notice you. That's their "stealth".

>Better archery
Maybe.

>Better magic usage
No, despite dual magic wielding. Morrowind was better, but that's my opinion.

>Perks
Perks suck.

>Better world design
>Better sidefactions design
>Better quest design
>oblivion looked random enerated
Fuckoff with your objectively wrong opinions.
>
>>
>>316461463
You really gotta be like that?

Sorry in the College of Winterhold the current leader's ADVISER betrayed everyone.

I don't really remember what happens in the Companions.
>>
>combat
I guess. They're both fucking terrible, but whatever.
>better stealth
Its practically the same except for the little faggot perks you can level up. (muh 15% more x)
>Better archery
Again, same shit but with shitty perks tacked on
>better magic usage
I didn't make a magic using character in either. No idea.
>perks
Most of them were fucking passive bullshit. It could have been applied the same way Oblivion did theirs (hit a milestone, get a perk) and nobody would have noticed
>world design
I'm sick of generic forest, so I'll agree. Not that big cold tundras are interesting.
>better dungeons
only a few were worth mentioning. Most of the other dungeons were copy+pasted bullshit as well.
>better autolevel
Does this faggot mean level-scaling? I guess its better, but its still shit.
>>
>Better combat
It's more or less the same. I guess it's better since enemies aren't damage sponges like in Oblivion.

>Better stealth
99.9% of stealth in Skyrim revolves around getting boots with the Muffle skill or getting the Muffle spell, skill doesn't matter.

>Better archery
Sure, but thats mostly due to enemies not being damage sponges.

>Better magic usage
I'll agree since there's more to spells than just On Self, On Touch, and On Target.

>Perks
Perks were better in Oblivion since you gained them when leveling up your skills. It's stupid that you can level a skill to 100 but its worthless unless you put a bunch of perk points into it.

>Better world design
yes

>Better sidefactions design
Fuck no.

>Better quest design
50/50

>Better dungeons
Again 50/50

>Better autolevel
I don't really care about level scaling enemies. What I care about is level scaling loot, especially unique loot. It's shit that if I want to get the best version of something I have to wait X more levels or else I'll get the worthless version.
>>
>>316462896
>What I care about is level scaling loot, especially unique loot

I'm still mad how badly it was handled in TW3.
>>
>>316461067
wrong
>>
>>316461673
The companions are all Werewolves or something like that, right? Not that I can really remember what that leads to.
>>
>>316459871
Ok, Skyrim, im in first town, i join "Fighters guild", 5 minutes later im some wherewolf who runs thru woods, 4 minutes later whole fighter guild/wherewolf questline is over, 2 minutes later I join Jiglypifpuuf Magic school,3 minutes later Harry Potter, 2 minutes later whole magic questline is over.

Setup for whole Fighters guild was actually great and I believed it will last at least 50 hours, mercenaries do various jobs for money all over the map, some internal struggle, every member has its own agenda,etc..Nothing, it was like a ride in thematic park of thematic park where they push you in really fast trolley and spoonfeed you with as much pics of it, as possible in 4 minutes ride.
When you get out you feel disappointed and there is no booth for returning money.

Same rule apply for every mayor and minor questline in skyrim, except maybe thief's , but they also turn into assassins after 20 minutes so fuck all.

At the end you are left with either finishing the game or "exploring another 5hour long Dweomer ruin that is boring as hell.
This is where Skyrim, FO3,FO4 and to a degree Oblivion fall big time and are at the end nothing more than a 6/10 games at best.

Fucker who is in charge of connection quests should be fired so hard and so fast, we could see him from moon., quest locations and amount of quests(quest does not has to be epic, lets say for Fighters guild:go and protect this caravan of WOOD from Rorickstead(it is lumberjack community at the end) to Whiterun, some concernwd citizen called for help because bear fucked up his apiary,(and you can say no, you can say yes, its just a way to make money but some quest can sidetrack you to something bigger etc...), that is immersion, you are doing what an average guild memeber do daily(and, yes I know they are not Figthers guild but menstruation montly crew)
>>
>>316463669
What I want to say is, whole Skyrim is beautiful,yet really fast scene motive thematic park ride, maybe 10 hours of material to chew thru for real gamer, and it almost look OK if you stay on your ride, but moment you get of your trolley , whole immersion is ruined, you see Skyrim for what it is, house of cards, glued with spit,bubblegums and rich donations to every mayor religion by Todd that all that shit dont fall apart at least 2 weeks after released.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.