[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone else find the weapon crafting system useless? >you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
does anyone else find the weapon crafting system useless?

>you need a shitton of somewhat rare materials
>half the shit requires high level perks, by the time you reach those levels the upgrades are obsolete and don't improve the gun enough
>the upgrades themselves are barely anything and have too much trade off
>>
FUCKING SCREWS
>>
>>316458047
Jesus christ, this
>>
>>316458390
>>316458047
>not picking up literally every Pipe weapon and destroying them

these plebs.

>>316457974
>high level perks
>gun nut rank 1 and 2 basically get you the strongest mods in the game and only require about level 12 and 6 points in AGI

THIS PLEB.
>>
>>316458047
>where the fuck do i get this shit
>start hoarding every fan and hot plate I see

why the fuck are screws so god damn rare?
>>
>>316458471
you also need scrapper perk

Got like 100 screws now
>>
File: ivebeenheretoolong.jpg (14 KB, 333x279) Image search: [Google]
ivebeenheretoolong.jpg
14 KB, 333x279
>>316457974

i'm more pissed off about the loot system. it's skyrim again with the same leveled loot lists. i have no reason to explore all the nooks and crannies in hopes of finding cool loot. you're basically railroaded towards all of the bobbleheads and magazines. oh and lockpicking is now useless too, because even master level safes only contain ammunition and fucking pipe pistols. i absolutely loathe this shit
>>
>>316458573
This.

With scrapper everything has screws in it.

>>316457974
You aren't far enough in the game. It doesn't make a huge difference unless you get the gun nut and science perks. You can drastically change how a gun feels with the mods.
>>
>>316458804
There's still hand placed loot and unique weapons. New Vegas wasn't really any different other than maybe more weapons stuffed into corners.
>>
>>316458804
lockpick on FO3 and FNV were mostly like this too.

In FO3 the only thing that you can only get with lockpick that's cool is the unique sniper rifle.
In FNV, you can get Lucky and an unique sniper. Aside from that, it's always extra supplies.
>>
>>316459132
This honestly makes the second play through much better. It sucks breaking 3-4 pick locks and wasting points into pick locking just to get a 20 bullets.

Go through and level up the first time around and see what you like and what skills work.
Second time around b-line for a weapon you want and don't worry about lockpicking or hacking because they don't really give you anything but ammo and stim packs.
>>
>>316459132
In NV there were a considerable number of quests that could use lockpicking to make it easier (Mostly NPC based)
>>
Can someone give me a quick rundown of the stats / perks i should run ?

I don't give a fuck about roleplay, i just want to tryhard.
>>
>>316458804
It's been a complaint ever since Oblivion, but Bethesda is too lazy to implement a different system.
>>
>>316459535
It was in Morrowind too.
>>
>>316459972
morrowind was weird, most containers had simple trash, but there were handplaced things too, IMHO its still a superior system to later games
>>
File: Jroc.jpg (12 KB, 240x283) Image search: [Google]
Jroc.jpg
12 KB, 240x283
I haven't found a place or quest yet where or hacking a computer or picking a lock makes it easier. Like turning turrets against enemies or something. Theres no alternatives to shooting the shit out if everything, its kind of annoying.
>>
>>316458551

I just buy those contracts you can find from vendors. It's not like you need caps for anything else in this game.
>>
I just want to know how to make fucking money. I need something like 40k caps for devastator armour, and I have about 5k at level 22
>>
>>316461984
i have there are places where you can turn turrets off, also places where you can turn a protectron on, keep in mind though if you pick the subway steward, he will ask for a ticked adn if you dont have one he will attack you as well
>>
>>316459525

Vats or Eye?
>>
>>316464064
Yea this happened to me. Found a subway token near one and turned him on as a subway guy and he lasered my face off
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.