[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so horribly wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: TOS(2).jpg (225 KB, 1502x802) Image search: [Google]
TOS(2).jpg
225 KB, 1502x802
What went so horribly wrong?
>>
No EU servers.
>>
>>316453597
You went in expecting Ragnarok Online.
>>
>what went wrong?

Why can someone post this then all of /v/ immediately assumes it was bad?
>>
>>316453597
No SEA servers
>>
Wrong? I'm enjoying the game for the most part.

I'm up to lvl 30 2nd class Warrior.
>>
Clusterfuck Skill and Class progression.
>>
>>316453597
were people expect more than grinding with hats?
>>
>>316453597
Eh? It's not even out yet.

There isn't much to talk about the game in its current state. I played it for a few days, had fun. Don't want to invest too much time into the beta since character data will be wiped.

Needs some balancing regarding the classes. Otherwise the game is pretty decent. Obviously it's going to be grindy; its a Korean mmo. The biggest issue is that it feels pretty linear. I'd hope when the game comes out there'd be some branching paths you can take rather than just following the quest markers.
>>
>>316454195
This. ROfags are trying to ruin this.
90% of feedback on forums mentions RO.
>>
>>316454603
The beta's been out for weeks. And despite what you think, a beta is a demo in today's terminology. It is no longer an incomplete product. They're holding out on content to slowly dripfeed it to us.

This is what we're gonna get when the game "comes out".

anywho, i'm not a fan. The gameplay is way different than what I was hoping for.
>>
>>316453597
To unbalanced. Swordies are overpowered and have splash damage right off the bat.

archers are way underpowered and all their skills cost way too much sp.

Nobody ever wants to party because almost everyone just makes swordies and solo everything.
>>
linear
quest-based leveling and equip progress
channels
instances
>>
>>316453597
>The Grind
Quest gives too much exp
Monster gives too little exp

Comes to a head upon reaching 160+. Quests won't be enough and you have to grind for hours for a level.

>Progression
Very linear, expecting you to go to the next map with a little harder mob and npc with flas on their head.

>Class
Very imbalanced. Swordsman are dominating most of the upper rankings, whereas clerics are nonexistant. All classes aside from swordsman are doing too little damage.

>Gear Diversity
You're expected to use a cookie cutter gear changing at lv. 15, 30, 40, 70, 120 and 170. The only variation better your equipment and other players are your gems which gives a bit more status point.

tl;dr lot of diverse classes are nice, but horribly balanced and linear
>>
>>316453597
>Combat is 95% normal attacks
>Huge CD on skills
>Incredibly linear world
>Boring, cookie cutter items
>Shit stat system
>Braindead AI on regular mobs AND bosses
>Skills are too samey
>Messy class progression
>Absolute garbage class balance
>Awful monster design
>Art style not fit for video games. EVERYTHING is too visually busy and the game quickly turns into an eyesore because apparently the devs never focus tested the art style and they simply assumed that because it looked good in static drawings that it would translate well to an interactive medium
>>
WHO SADHU?
>>
>Archers
>shit graphics optimization
>linear as fuck quests
>almost no reward for actual exploration
>homing magic attacks no matter how far you run
>DEX overpowered, "main" stats for almost every other class not even worth using
>>
>people nostalgia over having to grind 24/7
>people wonder why game is boring and shit

GEE I WONDER WHY
>>
>>316453597
Horrible latency, Stupid priest's double attack when I want a single one. And for some reason the game lags on my shitty pc, like cmon there isn't anything in that game to cause a framerate issues (but maybe it was beta issue idk).
>>
>>316455336
RO had social aspects and deep mechanics to keep players interested.

TOS has none of that.
>>
It is just boring.

I went into it thinking, "Yeah, I'll make a monk," but in order to actually play what I want I need to spend fucking ages leveling things I don't want, and while I level those things I don't want, I need to dump my attributes into stats that don't help me since I'm going for a monk and not a caster. Basically stuck auto attacking, doing piss poor damage, until I can do something which I can only hope would be fun eventually.

Also the maps are boring and all of the quests are basically fetch/kill quests, or the occasional boring and easy as fuck "boss" fight.
>>
>>316455846
Exactly my reasons why this game is unfun. I don't want to play anything but monks with kamehameha.
316455531-guy.
>>
>>316453597
It's a Korean MMO
>>
huehueheuhehueheuheuheuehueheuheueheuheuehuehuehe br?
>>
>>316455846
Not to mention you're gonna have to play those shit classes for 100+ fucking levels which would translate to weeks, even months in normal rates. Once you've fucked up a class advancement, you're fucked forever.
88 different classes of which only 4-6 can be played by one character... and only swordsmen and bitch heals would ever have a spot in parties.
>>
It does a few things I really like conceptually but the execution is awful

I was hoping for an old school MMO with emphasis on community, party grinding, crafting and class customization. But it falls prey to all of the modern genre traps like awful quest hubs and solo progression, while all of the features I do like are implemented poorly. I like there being a a fuck ton of classes, but the actual class progression is often nonsensical. I like having the game emphasize open world content, but the open world is railroaded as fuck. I like there being lots of boss mobs, but they're so boring and samey.

etc etc
>>
>>316454329
who gives a fuck about monkey and phisher land.
>>
>>316454195
>>316454687
That's because RO was a well-designed game and Tree of Saviour is not.
>>
File: but it's a beta.jpg (181 KB, 1599x664) Image search: [Google]
but it's a beta.jpg
181 KB, 1599x664
>>316454603
>Eh? It's not even out yet.
Pic related.
It certainly doesn't help that many major issues reported in the previous beta still remain and haven't been touched, and the translation has only gotten worse as ESLs wage war upon each other in their quest to provide the least readable English script.
>>
>>316455115
This, went mage and was terribly dissapointed that you have to fucking auto everything, if I wanted to be melee I would have gone swordsman.
>>
>shitty linear story quests
Why the fuck?
>>
Boring. Grinding is alright at times but meh. Between the lag and how every class but swordsman is shit, i stopped playing even though i was looking forward to it.

I'll probably not even play it when its released.
>>
>>316459356
Containment my friend. We do not wish to let their kind taint ours by association.
>>
>>316454329
Didn't they have a publisher there though? Or just Indonesia?
>>
That stat system is completely fucked, there's almost NO scaling, and the Archer job tree gets shafted in so many ways, I won't even get into it all. The most basic problem with archers is that the game is 80% auto attacks and their auto attacks are absolutely pathetic. Let's not even get into the fact that you have to use a skill as your new auto attack and you have to spec into a suboptimal stat to be able to have the mana to use the skill and you've basically fucked yourself forever if you were playing on official release where you'd have to pay to reset your stats once you've gotten to a decent class.

Just throw the whole stat/skill system into the fucking trash and start over using traditional RPG stats and scaling.
>>
>>316453597
Too many useless classes, the exp curve, certain classes being almost required, no matter your desired build.

>>316460256
>RO was a well-designed game
Get the fucking nostalgia glasses off, because RO was shit.
>>
>>316460820
>Get the fucking nostalgia glasses off, because RO was shit.
The only shit thing here is your opinion. RO was a grindfest, but it was a grindfest put together very well by every element of the game supporting it and making that grinding enjoyable.
ToS is a grindfest that's just boring as shit.
>>
>>316460717
>The most basic problem with archers is that the game is 80% auto attacks and their auto attacks are absolutely pathetic.
Don't forget that Archer mouse control is fucked and hasn't been fixed despite being reported in the previous beta.
>>
>>316460928
>RO was a grindfest, but it was a grindfest put together very well by every element of the game supporting it and making that grinding enjoyable.
No, it really wasn't. You only thought it was good because you were 14 and easily distracted by finding shiny shit.
And before you imply anything else, ToS is shit too.
>>
>>316460993
>No, it really wasn't. You only thought it was good because you were 14 and easily distracted by finding shiny shit.
No, it's a great designed game. It was so good that I spent a full 11 years playing it before I got tired of it.
>And before you imply anything else, ToS is shit too.
Good, we can agree on that.
>>
>>316461037
>It was so good that I spent a full 11 years playing it before I got tired of it.
So you're actually autistic.
>>
>>316461081
Nice argument, faggot.
>>
>>316461098
There's not an argument anyways, because all you're going to do is refuse to see anything wrong with RO.
>>
>>316461156
You've refused to actually present anything wrong with RO.
RO certainly has its flaws, but that doesn't stop it from being a great game overall, and a far better game than ToS.
>>
>>316460316
Fuckin christ retards like you are insufferable

Yeah there are faggots that cry "GAMES NOT OUT YET IT'LL CHANGE" and nothing will fucking happen. But the two issues I pointed out can be worked around without a ton of effort before the game's official release. Class balance can be achieved by tweaking numbers in a fucking spreadsheet. Making the game feel less linear is a bit trickier, but can be achieved by having a couple different quest lines and by adjusting the monster levels in certain areas.

Do I expect them to make a few adjustments to fix these issues? No, but I wouldn't be completely surprised if they did either. I'll give the game a more serious try when it's released and judge it then.
>>
>>316461401
You're ignoring the part where they've barely fixed a single thing since the last beta.
>>
>>316455115
Damn.

I saw the class system and was intrigued. Also, I played a lot of RO back in the day.

I'll wait a few years then and see if they fix this stuff. I got too excited when I heard soundTEMP was doing music for a korean grindfest again.
>>
>>316454195
>>316454687
>game pretty much says it's a RO like
>OMG, WHY ARE PEOPLE COMPLAINING IT NOT RO?

kay
>>
Party system is a clusterfuck.
>>
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/this-game-is-nothing-new-and-not-much-good/110900
>>
File: 1401423217089.gif (563 KB, 374x354) Image search: [Google]
1401423217089.gif
563 KB, 374x354
You're not a kid anymore.
>>
>>316455559
Such as?
>>
Absurd level curve.
More importantly parties don't (didn't?) work so I couldn't do dungeons
>>
Open Beta trailer looks good
Maybe we got an old ass version and they fixed things in the open beta client
>>
So this is disappointing crap too?

After ArcheAge and Black Desert, I shouldn't be surprised. Korean MMOs are only good in Korean betas.
>>
>>316461542
"Pretty much" is always interchangeable with "never actually".
>>
the devs are fucking idiots, the community provided great amounts of feedback and suggestions even before the first cbt. If they had listened pretty much all of the complaints seen now would not exist. Fucking good-for-nothing gooks
>>
>>316455115
I agree with most of it, except your rant about the artstyle. I actually think the game looks nice, the characters, the scenarios, even the NPC portraits people complain so much about.

Only the skills, the special and lightning effects, they looks terrible and dated. I can't stand how fire looks in this game, Its worse than we see in some ps2 games.
>>
>>316464273
>Such as?
War of Emperium
Taekwon Ranking
Crafting
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.