[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: Heroes of the Storm-272x380.jpg (42 KB, 272x380) Image search: [Google]
Heroes of the Storm-272x380.jpg
42 KB, 272x380
This game has all the Hearthstone positive & negative aspects (casual, grind to unlocks, cash grab but fun), yet Hearthstone is so popular on Twitch & HoTS is almost dead.

Also why did Guardsmanbob stopped playing it? Did all the "big" streamers stopped playing it at the same time?
>>
Because it's already been done and it's an obvious fucking cashgrab.
>>
Who the fuck cares about twitch??
>>
>>316452754
/thread

Also, almost no depth. Even LoL has more depth.
>>
There's too much competition in the MOBA market, both for streamers and the games. People are going to play what gives them the most viewers and the viewers are going to be playing the same game as everyone else.
>>
Because it's a shallow MOBA. It got big quick because it was easy to pick up, but it's not very deep meaning skill cap was hit almost instantly. Everyone played a week, got their fun out of it and dropped it.
>>
Because the genre is saturated. When it comes to multiplayer games, saturation is deadly because people want to play what's popular because of friends or just a desire to have the largest pool of players to play with.

Hearthstone has no real competition that doesn't have a way higher bar of entry.
>>
File: Team Rocket.jpg (2 MB, 3600x2250) Image search: [Google]
Team Rocket.jpg
2 MB, 3600x2250
Cho'gall next Tuesday, you faggots ready for trouble?
>>
its so fucking boring desu senpai
>>
>>316453248
Cho'gall looks like a faggot now.
>>
>>316453248
Good on them for using a unique hero idea. I always wanted one of these games where the heroes were actually significantly different from each other and HoTS is probably the closest I'll get.

Now when do I get an Iron Juggernaut character who is the size of a tower and moves really slowly with the hitbox of a tower and crazy health.
>>
>>316453429
WC3 DotA/Dota 2 have plenty of unique heroes senpai
>>
File: HeroChogallWC2.gif (2 KB, 46x87) Image search: [Google]
HeroChogallWC2.gif
2 KB, 46x87
>>316453407
>looks the same but with some unique armor to differentiate himself from the other ogre magi
>>
>>316453248
Can't wait, been waiting years. Now for Mephisto, Kel'thuzad, and WC2 Teron Gorefiend.

https://a.pomf.cat/wofiqa.webm
>>
Just like Dota 2, they can't compete with LoL.

Those game will slowly die and will soon join HoN.
>>
File: url.jpg (122 KB, 448x597) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
122 KB, 448x597
>>316453248
>read the official forums
>people actually bitching that he doesn't look like his C'thun empowered form.

How can these assholes have such shit taste?
>>
>>316452636
Because it's really bad and absurd pricing means nobody wants to play it.
>>
>>316454571
>They used this model without the eyeballs for his WoD appearances

Fucking why, they have a pre-old god corruption model for him that they didn't use, why not use that?
>>
Twitch views mean nothing.

Twitch views are just a circlejerk of certain popular streamers. When X streamer comes online 20k+ people will watch that game, If he goes offline, They don't watch other channels of the same game. They just go nowhere, or to the next biggest streamer.
>>
>>316452636
Hearthstone is on mobile devices.
>>
>>316452636

Nothing went wrong yet imo, I can get matches pretty easily and it's got pretty interesting characters to play and it's easy to get into and you don't have to worry about all this fucking meta crap that made LoL and DOTA2 impossible to get back into.
>>
>>316452636
Your a fag for caring about streamer views. The game is easy to pick up and play so there's no real reason to watch a streamer play.

The game is fun and it doesn't require any knowledge of "the meta" and it isn't as cancerous as LoL. It also gets old after 4-5 hours and you finish your quests and move on.
>>
>>316454706
Old gods transcend space and time when you get corrupted by them all of yous get corrupted by them. :^)
>>
>>316452636
>why did Guardsmanbob stopped playing it

Who cares, all he plays now is fucking Hearthstone and Isaac.
>>
>>316452636
It's not Dota or League. The problem is people that want to play mobas default to dota or league. They haven't played it and don't realize that it's nowhere near the same as dota and league, and those who have tried it go into the mindset that it wants to be dota and league.

The problem is that standards are set for mobas, and even though hots is a ton more fun and different, people don't want to play anything else.

After playing a game I loved it, and I used to play league and hon (moreso league because all my friends played it, and because hon died earlier). My friends wouldn't play hots because it isn't league. Some even call it casual league, but then get angry when you call league casual dota and say "it's not the same". They really are closed minded, this goes for almost all league players who play exclusively league.
>>
>>316452636

Apparently the last time he played it was the 5th of this month so it's not like he stopped all together. He lost his last 4 matches so he's probably salty.
>>
>>316452636
>sells skins worth millions month after month
>but it is not popular on twitch
>so it´s failed
people on twitch are not the ones buying your stuff.
>>
File: Cho'gall.jpg (21 KB, 360x365) Image search: [Google]
Cho'gall.jpg
21 KB, 360x365
>>316453248
This better be the theme music for his release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctALQHl8W3U
>>
I want to get into the game but honestly the barriers are way too much.

10000 gp for a hero. You get 30 gp per win. LOL

Skin costs are outrageous considering most of them aren't even that intricate.
>>
>>316456487
There's plenty of 2k, 4k, and 7k heroes. The problem is that they release a dozen heroes a year but only reduce the price of maybe two every year.
>>
>>316456487

With daily quests you can get 300g-800g depending on the quest. Also most heroes are in the 4000 range as far as I know, some as low as 2000.
>>
>>316456487
There's daily quests and gold for leveling up heros and general level. It doesn't take long to gather 10k. Given I hate the buying system (same as LoL), but it's not absolutely terrible if you look at how many options of getting extra gold there are
>>
>>316456487
>>316456689

Btw, these daily quests usually amount to only stuff like "Play 2 games a an assassin hero" or "Play 2 games as a Starcraft hero" or "Win 3 games" or "Play 8 games" ect
>>
File: 342856092385293.jpg (92 KB, 567x411) Image search: [Google]
342856092385293.jpg
92 KB, 567x411
>bought two characters I wanted
>got the third free
>no one left to buy
>114k gold
>can't even buy Cho'gall right off the bat

Release some damn characters I want, Blizzard.
>>
File: 1405464759003.jpg (36 KB, 628x599) Image search: [Google]
1405464759003.jpg
36 KB, 628x599
>but fun
It isn't really.

a) It's a competitive team game, less 'fun' by default than a 1v1 game unless you're with friends

b) There was kinda a lack of what Hearthstone was, before blizzard shat it out. So it soaked up a large audience.
The MOBA audience is mostly already soaked up by the preexisting sponges
They made it too stupid
Yeah, casual don't exactly equal bad, but they took out/failed to put in new features that could've not hindered the casual nature of the game while making it seem more like a gentler LoL with maps and its wings clipped

c) I am unaware of any 'big' streamers ever playing this consistently, Guardsman Bob was probably just getting fuckall viewers with it,
Not that he gets many whatever he does these days. ;_;7
>>
>>316458204
>It isn't really.

Well I say it is fun.
>>
>>316455683
HoN was the shit man.
And fuck your friends, I moved to Dota2 because it's as close to HoN as it can get. It's not the same though.
>tfw no Empath
I wish Valve would buy HoN and port over Flux and Empath at least.
>>
>>316457995
>114k
Jesus man, calm down a little
>>
>>316458258
Sorry, I don't think that it is fun at all personally, but that's not my point.

I should have specified that it doesn't really offer the same kind of crack cocaine fun that Hearthstone does, as the OP inquired about.

I think Hearthstone is awful as well if it matters.
>>
>>316458507
I do one daily a daily, that's it.
>>
>>316454402
Dota has done nothing but increase in playerbase massivley recently what the fucking hell are you talking about. And dota doesnt recieve more than 1 update a year its amazing its doing that well and climbing league will be dead in a few years if anything
>>
>>316458687
>a day
Though I do use that 'exploit' where you keep two low gold dailies in your log to increase your chances at the 600g - 800g ones.
>>
>>316457829
>>316456669
>>316457824
>>316456689
>>316457829

Or they can stop being jews and do it the Valve way.
I understand why smaller MOBAs don't do it, they don't have the fan base to keep it alive.
But this is fucking Blizzard, they could break bank and gain a huge install base if they just did it like Valve.
Instead they chose to copy Riot's chink mentality, and now the game that's actually unique and appealing has to suffer for it.
It's fucking bullshit.
>>
>>316458785
But they're not obligated to. If Valve wasn't making all their money from Steam, you better believe Dota 2 would sell heroes and other shit as well.
>>
>>316458862
Ok, but Blizzard IS making money from B.net and all the Activision crud.
Why not fucking give us that?
Fuck Riot too, it's their fucking fault to begin with.
>>
>>316458862
Dota 2 makes a fuckton of money now that they've discovered the compendium meme
>>
>>316452636

So do you think when the add Fenix to the game that they'll add actual Fenix with a become a dragoon death rattle or just make Talandar?
>>
>>316460803

I hope they do all 3. Die one, become dragoon, die again, become whatever Talandar is. Immortal or whatever. Would be fun to have 3 forms.

But forget Fenix, I want Alarak now. Best Protoss.
>>
It's not competitive enough, really.

I love the game and have shifted away from Dota 2 because of it. But the fact of the matter is that it's a casual moba and will always be casual. There's no 'prestige' to playing Heroes and watching it is boring as fuck too.

It's a shame because the Heroes dev team might be my favourite out of the Blizz dev teams. They don't always make good calls but they seem to really want to try and make all their heroes feel different and unique.
>>
>>316459616
>we now know the fuckton of money Dota2 makes thanks to the compendium meme
Fixed that for you.

The number was huge, but then I rbered that this is only 25% of what we see. And only during a couple of months.
It's insane.
>>
>>316452636
>HotS is in conflict with a long-established game that has the casual audience by the balls and is generally a lot better anyway
>HS is in conflict with a few vidya ports of a far more complex game that plays 1000x slower by nature, and a few literal who mobile TCGs

It's not rocket science.
>>
>>316452636
have they made it run smoother for lower powered machines?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.