[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else get super-autistic about stealth games? I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1446777915493.jpg (94 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446777915493.jpg
94 KB, 1920x1080
Does anyone else get super-autistic about stealth games?

I just want a stealth game where I can get through the entire game without anyone knowing I even exist.

Games claim they can be "ghosted" (in the sense that you can get through the game without raising an alert) but still expect you to do shit like knock somebody out to steal a uniform. In my mind that's not a ghost run. That guard will eventually wake up and tell everyone he got choked from behind. It might not happen in game because you clear the area before it happens, but it still plays out in my head.
>>
>>315618202

>Games claim they can be "ghosted"

They can, you're playing the wrong games.
>>
>>315618202
>I just want a stealth game where I can get through the entire game without anyone knowing I even exist.

but anon, ive been playing that game since i was born and ive been succeeding at it

its called real life
>>
>>315618389

Hitman let's your kills look like accidents. Unless there's something that ties all the targets together, there's no reason for people to suspect anything.
>>
>>315618202
Phantom Pain has a hidden "No Trace" bonus that you get if you're never seen and leave nothing behind (don't shoot anything, don't throw magazines to distract people, don't CQC anybody).
>>
>Does anyone else get super-autistic about stealth games?

Yes. Every stealth game I play I have to get perfect non lethal ghost unless it's absolutely unbearably difficult. I always play as perfectly as possible and load back if I get discovered or if I think I could do it better.

My friend seriously thinks that going loud on mgs games is just as valid as a non lethal ghost playstyle. Makes me so fucking angry. Also he just can't understand why I say the original splinter cell is the hardest game I've played when he pulls out the SC-20k on every single enemy and I'm shooting for perfect stealth.
>>
>that friend that only got absolution and completely sperged out, playing it for hours to do a ghost suit run
>try to get him to play an actual good hitman game
>"i quit during the tutorial because it was boring"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
>>
File: SplinterCellCover03.jpg (432 KB, 640x787) Image search: [Google]
SplinterCellCover03.jpg
432 KB, 640x787
>>315618202
I've ghosted the entire game on the hardest difficulty. The only times you have to do anything like that is when it is the mission objective to kill / knockout a target. The only time I can remember pure stealth not being an option was when I had to knockout the guard on top of the lighthouse so the extraction zone would be clear.
>>
>>315618752
Underrated
>>
>>315620385
>I've ghosted the entire game on the hardest difficulty.
>ghosting the bathhouse
Bullshit. Lobbing smoke grenades is not ghosting.
>>
>Avoid to kill innocent people for full character immersion
>He killed that mailman in cutscene.

This shit is triggering me
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.