[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TF2 Scream Fortress 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: 250px-Backpack_Soul_Gargoyle.png (30 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-Backpack_Soul_Gargoyle.png
30 KB, 250x250
Is there any point to these fuckers?
Why didn't they make a new boss this year? Pretty lazy desu
>>
File: 5vvfiu.gif (626 KB, 320x243) Image search: [Google]
5vvfiu.gif
626 KB, 320x243
Valve mentioned ahead of time on the blog that halloween will be all community content and that they were working on the sequel to the Gun Mettle update. Its not like you had no warning.

The worst part about the update is what they REMOVED instead of added. You cant get paper masks or any kind of voice modifier/paint spells anymore.
>>
>>315618135
>You cant get paper masks
I got one just yesterday
>>
>>315618336
not the one for the candy achievement, the class masks that you craft into a saxton hale mask
>>
>>315618552
...I got one yesterday
>>
File: 1393787372421.png (7 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1393787372421.png
7 KB, 210x230
>>315617976
So glad I uninstalled this shit.

First time I ever put this much time on a PC game with a big community and it's been more than enough for me. Fuck big community games, fuck shooters, fuck mmos, fuck MOBAs, fuck Steam, fuck Valve, fuck games with timed drops, fuck games with cash shop, fuck PC in general.
>>
What's the point in levelling up the gargoyle if it does literally nothing?
>>
>>315618693
The item rarity tiers being carried over from CS:GO is the dumbest shit. A lot of their economy ideas are.

Remember Paint Kits? Course not.
>>
>>315617976

you can transmute 3 items into a halloween item. if you collect a gargoyle on a map, itll add 10pts to a mersamus contract.
>>
>>315618790
Autists love seeing pointless numbers go up.
>>
>>315618892

>give the gargoyle 3 halloween items
>get 1 in return

Why would anyone do this?
>>
>>315618552

i got one as well from a merasmission. i bet you can get them from transmuting as well
>>
>>315618951
Its not even worthwhile, everything you get is untradable and uncraftable when you can just go to the fucking market and buy a haunted version for cheap
>>
>>315618951

i got multiples of the same halloween items, so i just transmute the extras in hopes of getting something better. you cant trade or craft halloween items, so might as well transmute them.
>>
>still playing meme fortress 2 when overwatch exists
LMAO
>>
File: 360fx360f.png (53 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
360fx360f.png
53 KB, 360x360
i got a haunted version of this. feels fucking good man
>>
Did anything ever come of those bumper cars from last year? Did the mario kart mod ever get off on its feet?
>>
File: AZnYu.png (189 KB, 468x334) Image search: [Google]
AZnYu.png
189 KB, 468x334
>>315619143
>Mfw i see the price of the 2013 and 2014 haunted items
>TWENTY US DOLLARS FOR THE BEEP MAN
>>
>>315617976
I like it. I like contracts and having free ones for Halloween gives me incentive to go back to the old maps.

I think they should of made a new boss two but honestly this year was better than I expected. Comic was good.
>>
>>315620445

How frequent were the haloween gift drops in previous years compared to the hologram gargoyle this year?
I'm almost certain there were way more opportunities to get a halloween item in the past, this year they've locked it behind contracts with conditions that have to be met
>>
>>315620856
But they give out contracts like candy and they are all really easy to complete.
>>
>>315620934

Isn't it just once or twice per day?
And sometimes they're easy (the 'kill the boss and that's it' ones) but other ones are just a grind of reaching 100 souls which depending on the gamemode and how good your team is can easily take upwards of half an hour
>>
>>315621169
Doesn't feel like once or twice a day for me. seems like I get a new one every time I complete one.

For those types of contracts just actively try to collect the crit pumpkins and they take no time at all.
>>
>>315618790
The same sense for stanges
>>
>>315620445
Not every map is worth going back to. Carnival of Carnage and Eyeaduct are some of the worst maps.
>>
>>315618135
I got a haunted hat so I don't care.
>>
>>315619372
I was going to check the market to see if it's true, but then I remembered I got my beep man from opening those gift things, which is untradable and worthless

thanks valve, can't make any money off this game anymore without gambling
>>
>>315620934
One contract per day.

The gifts were one per two hours and varied depending on the map you played.
>>
>>315621169
I haven't had any of them take more than 2-3 rounds. Some of the gun mettle contracts took forever to complete the bonus objectives though.
>>
>>315619161
No and no.
Some servers were running it but nobody played them.
Custom maps and modes in general are dead, unless they're cross-game or make it into the official lineup.

Speaking of which, of the 4 new halloween maps only Gorge and Moonshine feel coherent and tought out instead of just lazy halloween reskins.
>>
File: bruh.jpg (8 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
8 KB, 150x150
>Carnival of Carnage contract
>Map crashes since the event started
>Total amount of available contracts reduced to 1
>Can't throw away contracts
>Event ends 11th/12th
Thanks Gaben
>>
>>315625106

How does gun mettle work? I've never looked into it because I just assumed it was a co-op robot thing since you have to buy a ticket for it
>>
>>315620856
You get one contract per day, meaning you get one random untradable and uncraftable Halloween item from ALL the previous years (the current year's items are exclusive to the crate) per day.
Every 10 transmutes also gives you an item, but that'd mean you'd have to put in 30 items to get that one extra item.

Compare that to last year, when gifts spawned for you once every 2 hours, meaning 12 items per day if you don't miss any gift drops, these gifts had different items depending on the map you played meaning you always had a decent chance at getting the item you wanted.
>>
>>315618968
Yea, but since I have the Hale mask already, I just use those as transmute fodder along with other ugly old halloween stuff until I get something nice.
>>315619136
>playing a game that's dead on arrival
Oh wait, you aren't even playing it because nobody has beta keys.
>>
>>315626316
Get into developer console and type in
mat_picmip 1

Worked for me and plenty of others.
>>
This was a pretty good update though, I mean we got 4 maps instead of just 1
>>
>>315627232
Thanks anon
>>
>>315627232

what's causing the carnival of carnage to crash like that at all?
>>
>>315627504

They're literal reskins that just use a bunch of assets created in previous years
The definition of filler content, it doesn't even feel new tbqf (to be quite frank)
>>
File: this fuckin guy.jpg (20 KB, 236x333) Image search: [Google]
this fuckin guy.jpg
20 KB, 236x333
>>315618693
I recently re-installed after a year of being gone just to see if it's worth getting back into

it's not
>>
>>315619372

>Have beep man since 2011

Feels good man
>>
A GARGOYLE HAS ARRIVED!
>>
>>315629817

most fucking stressful time
Or at least it would have been if it was a previous year where you actually earned a cosmetic item instead of some meaningless points that only sometimes go towards earning an item
>>
>Valve servers now have automatic Monoculus/Merasmus truces in place
>>
>>315627846
no shit it's not worth it if you hate the core gameplay of tf2

the essence is still there, it just smells different than it used to
>>
>>315630441

I noticed that but I couldn't remember if it happened last year or not
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.