[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God fucking damnit. Why can't I just fucking play a game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: angry_pepe.jpg (39 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
39 KB, 900x900
God fucking damnit. Why can't I just fucking play a game now. Why the fuck do I have to log into Steam then Ubisoft account, or PSN and Ubisoft or Origin. Why the fuck do I have to log into 2 or even 3 fucking systems to play a game like tetris?! This shit is getting way out of hand. You gotta link this account with this thing and then this one with this, then get both of these passwords, but it can't be part of your name and has to have 5748320 with 47 special characters, and you have to change it every fucking 3 months.

Patches come out almost fucking daily now, witcher 3 has had how many 1+ gb patches since launch? Gotta get that DLC and Microtransactions too. Don't forget to sign up as a rewards member to get cool stuff!

God mother fucking piece of faggot cunt bullshit.

I JUST WANT TO PLAY A FUCKING GAME FOR A FEW HOURS.I don't want to log into shit, I don't want to buy extra shit, I don't want to preorder your shit, I don't want to have to download 548 updates to fix broken shit. I want to start the game and fucking play it. I want to put the game in or load it up and play it. God damnit.
>>
>>315602780
>free updates is a bad thing now
>>
>>315602780
>1+ GB patches are a problem
Do you live in Australia?
>>
>>315602875
I feel bad for you. You were probably born recently which means that you don't understand what a finished game is. You have my sympathy.
>>
>>315603079
I'm 27.
>>
>want to play game
>right click Steam icon
>click game
>it runs

I'd rather deal with that than switching out CDs.
>>
File: 1445988661948.jpg (51 KB, 469x632) Image search: [Google]
1445988661948.jpg
51 KB, 469x632
Calm down nigga
>>
>>315603118
You need to either make an appointment with an oncologist because you clearly have a massive tumor in your head causing severe memory loss, or you are BRAND new to gaming. Seriously, get that shit checked out.
>>
>>315602875
>>315602984
You are what is wrong with the video game industry: braindead children who enable anti-consumer practices.

>>315603118
Earth may have done 27 orbits in your time but that doesn't reflect cognisance.
>>
>>315602875
Why yes, they are bad in the long run. It encourages a practice where an unfinished game goes gold and is stitched together with day 1 patches. Pray tell, what are you going to do in 20 years when servers are down and patches are gone forever?
>>
>>315603151
You have misplaced priorities.
>>
>>315603262
I played TW3 on release, it wasn't unfinished.
Not every game is Arkham Knight.
>>
>>315602875
If you're a consoletard where it doesn't let you play another game as you download a really big update, of course.
>>
>>315603194

And you need to take off those rose tinted glasses, games even during the CD era were always shipped with bugs and glitches that were later fixed through online patches.
>>
>>315603329
>If you're a consoletard
Well, that explains all the immature shitposting in this thread.
>>
>>315602780
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>Not getting your games from GoG
>Not downloading shared games
>>
>>315602875
>free updates are new
they weren't forced on you before, and while that's not entirely a bad thing, the way it's done prevents you from even playing the game until the patch is downloaded
before, you could start the download, and then play the game while you waited for it to finish, because the download wasn't tied to these massive clusterfuck DRM platforms
>>
>>315604192
Sorry, bucko, but even GoG is hopping on the bandwagon.
>>
>>315604696
It's optional though.
>>
>>315604621
>right click on the game and open properties
>disable automatic updates
Wow, look how they're forcing all those pesky updates on us gamers!
Computer illiterates shouldn't have freedom of speech.
>>
>>315604696
How so? Nobody makes you install their silly download manager.
>>
>>315604760
That's how it starts.
Eventually, it'll be mandatory.

>>315604776
>disable automatic updates
>game now won't run until it's patched
And you call me illiterate?
>>
>>315604882
>game now won't run until it's patched
What fucking game?
Are you complaining you can't play Dota because it's not patched? Well, no shit, nigger.
>>
File: reckless faggotry.jpg (8 KB, 250x161) Image search: [Google]
reckless faggotry.jpg
8 KB, 250x161
It's so scary that apologists don't even fucking see what's happening to gaming.

Companies do very small increments of something, first let's just prove to the consumer that they can get content from us for free. A couple of years later they ask for ... a few dollars for said content. Wait for the backlash to die down and settle into paying for things we used to get for free.

Now let's make a convenient store where they can get these things. The store itself is free. A bit later lets make them have to log into said store in order for them to play the game. Call it a unified experience that's good for consumers.

Let's introduce some fairly small add on perks through the store when you buy the game before it's released. Call it pre order perks.
Gradually increase perks into fairly good, game breaking stuff, forcing people to preorder or be far below others that actually did preorder.

Now let's redo that paid DLC plan above, but let's have it IN the game. Lets have super small microtransactions that give small perks that make the game slightly easier.

Ramp that up. Let's remove easy mode that used to be in games further applying pressure to those people that want an easier game.

Oh yeah, let's keep patching the game, giving them easily programmed small but meaningful changes to the game, but the only way to be able to play online is to have latest patch.

Now, since we have huge patch updates, let's just give the consumers faster release dates. That will make them happy, we can just cut content or slack on the game. No one will know, and we can give free updates after the fact.
etc etc.

You fucking delusional pieces of shit that support games. You literally have no fucking clue how manipulated you have become by these companies, you know why it's true? Because people keep contributing money to these companies and it's working. It's working MUCH better than these companies ever planned it to.
>>
>>315602780
But anon, none of those require you to change a password every 3 months
>>
>>315605775
Oh yeah, you are right. Sorry stuff like that happens with higher education jobs. Colleges, upper level exec stuff. It makes sense why you wouldn't have any clue that happens frequently though. My mistake, just something that bled over into my gaming life.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.