[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bayonetta 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 15
File: bayonetta2newdesign.png (454 KB, 567x499) Image search: [Google]
bayonetta2newdesign.png
454 KB, 567x499
>Buy Wii U for this game.
>Really good game, maybe even my GOTY 2014.

>I have to listen to all of these Nintendo fanboy fags talk about how much better it is than the original despite the fact that the original is ten times better.

Somebody please fucking kill me, because I don't want to have to do it myself if I see one more god damn retard try to claim Bayonetta 2 is better than Bayonetta 1.
>>
Bayo 2 improved on everything from the first game
>>
Bayonetta 2 > Bayonetta 1
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 480x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 480x540
>There are people that outright say that Bayo 2 isn't as good as the orginal
>And yet will beg and plead hoping it will get a port

Why?
>>
File: platinum infinite drop.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
platinum infinite drop.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Bayo 2 is indeed worse than 1. It's still a good game.

Good thing Wii U also has yet another Platinum game that is better than both Bayos.
>>
>>315359651
The only thing it improved on was the feel of the gameplay, but that means jackshit since they did nothing extraordinary with the gameplay like they did in the original.

>>315359695

u rong

>>315359841
I already have it because I own a Wii U, but just because it's worse than the original doesn't mean you shouldn't play it. It's still a great game.
>>
Ten times better? I think they're both 10/10 games.
Anyway the first game is also on WiiU.
>>
Bayo 1 is clunky in comparison. Bayo 1 on is is still one of the best action games though. But I like dick so...
>>
>>315359173
Bayo 2 is like Mario Galaxy 2
It's not original, it's not 50X better than the original, but they improved everything slightly enough to be a better game.
>>
>>315359173
I would say they're pretty equal.
Bayo 1 had better weapon choices.
Bayo 2 had better enemy and boss fights.
>>
>>315360268
Smart man, but your post will be ignored because it is the truth.
>>
>>315360650
Wow.That's actually a very good comparison
>>
>>315360853
>Bayo 2 had better enemy and boss fights.

>Bayo 2 has better boss fights.

Kill yourself. The boss fights in Bayo 2 are all same two bullshit boss fights over and over again. I have more fun playing all three of the Jeanne fights from Bayonetta 1 than I do playing the dozen Jeanne-esque bossfights in Bayonetta 2 that comprise about 75% of the boss fights in that game.

Not to mention the other 25% of boss fights in Bayo 2 are "move flying Bayonetta around, hit after enemy attacks. Do that twenty times".

Meanwhile Bayonetta 1's boss fights were all unique and had their own quarks.
>>
File: jason alexander.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
jason alexander.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>315361145
Forgot picture
>>
>>315361145

The Bayonetta cycle

>giant bosses like jubileus are a gimmick! give me more humanoid bosses!

>bayo 2 has more humanoid bosses

>this sucks! where are my epic giant battles like Jubileus!?

windu waiker.jpg
>>
>>315360268
>This game bombed
People only buy games with sexualized kids now-a-days I swear. i hope nintendo doesnt give up on it

Even if it have to change genre to become popular, I just love the goddamn characters and writing
>>
>>315361324
Who the fuck ever said that.

Who ever said this bullshit needs to be lynched.
>>
>lock on is set to R while Dodge is ZR in the first game
>no option to remap
pls
>>
>>315361434

pretty much everyone on Bayonetta threads before 2 launched.
>>
File: will wedgewood.png (187 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
will wedgewood.png
187 KB, 500x600
>>315361348
> I just love the goddamn characters and writing
It's not even funny how good the story and character work was

Will Wedgewood is one of the most well written characters ever
>>
>>315361505
The only thing I ever saw on Bayonetta threads prelaunch was "I hope Nintendo doesn't fucking censor her" "when will this be ported?" "DAE THINK BAYO LOOKS LIKE SARAH PALIN"
>>
>>315359173
>people think differently than I do
>welp, time to welcome death
>>
>>315361714

No, people would sometimes discuss the gameplay mechanics and designs, people really complained about the Jubileus fight and honestly, Jubileus is not fun to replay, the first time you fight her it feels good, but it's fighting her is just a mix of platforming sections instead of a proper fight. People always liked Jeanne/balder/rodin fights the most.
>>
File: 1416105676536.png (268 KB, 356x446) Image search: [Google]
1416105676536.png
268 KB, 356x446
>>315360268
>every operation has a flying or gimmick section
>better than both Bayos

I implore you to reconsider.
>>
>>315361879
wtf Jubileus is the greatest final boss of all time.
>>
>>315362018
I can only think of 2 flying stages though

More than Bayo 1 though i'll admit
>>
>>315362054

it's spectacular, but think about it, most of the time you will be just jumping form one platform to another and hitting her dreadlocks.
The whole presentation of it was superb, but in terms of actual fight, I much preferred the humanoid ones.

Fortitudo was a fun fight, though, probably my favorite non-humanoid boss fight in the game.

Anyway yeah, you obviously didn't participe on old Bayo threads, people really shat on Jubileus a lot.
>>
>>315362054
Holy shit are you delusional
>>
>>315359173
>despite the fact that the original is ten times better.

You're being a nostalgia fag.

Bayo 2 has better controls, increased difficulty, more content, online multiplayer and a better soundtrack.

Not to mention NO SLOWDOWN and FREE bonus content. Also short hair > long hair.

There's literally no way the first one is better in any, the second game practically has all the content of the first anyway.
>>
>>315362246
I've beaten the original bayonetta at least a dozen times.

Maybe you're right.

Actually you are right.
>>
Is the online for Bayo 2 dead now? Beating the shit out of stuff with another person was hectic as fuck and still entertaining.

>Implying it was ever alive in the first place
>>
>>315362368
>Bayo 2 has better controls

Literally the same controls

>increased difficulty

L-O-L thanks for the laugh m8

>more content

about the same.

>online multiplayer

that nobody gives a shit about

>better soundtrack

nowhere near as memorable as the originals.
>>
>>315362473
Wait, could you play with strangers? Like random people or did it have to be someone on your friend list?
>>
>>315362898
Either. I didn't play it too much because there was just a lot of downtime between what were generally short battles.
>>
>>315363035
Ahh shit. I should have got in on that biz. I started Bayo 1 and told myself I wouldn't start 2 until I finished. I kinda gave up and started playing other stuff and I probably missed out on that.
>>
>>315362693
>Literally the same controls

I'm guessing you haven't played the games recently, or at all. That, or you think I'm just talking about "there's an attack button, and a dodge button" or some shit.

>L-O-L thanks for the laugh m8
100% Bayo 2, it'll take you twice as long as 1. Try Fighting triple Balder online,

>about the same.
Objectively wrong and you're a retard.

>that nobody gives a shit about
I'm guessing this is why you don't think the second game is harder. Both games are a fucking breeze the first time through, post game is what makes these games challenging. Not playing multiplayer is like not playing a third of the fucking game you retard, there's a full fucking deck of missions.

>nowhere near as memorable as the originals
>>315362368
>You're being a nostalgia fag.
>>
>>315359173
>Nintendo fanboy fags talk about how much better it is than the original despite the fact that the original is ten times better.

Doesn't Bayo 2 come with the Bayo 1 Wii U port?
>>
>>315363035
You can play with CPU or singleplayer campaign while you wait for matchmaking
>>
Tropical Freeze is the only game worth buying a Wii U for to be frank.
>>
>>315363250

>it's longer therefore it's harder.

You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>315359173
Bayo 2 had more cathartic combat and easier story to follow. Thought level design was also better in my opinion. I also thought that it had better art direction and better aesthetics.
Bayo one had better boss fights, and better comboing system that rewarded player for managing much more difficult combos.
Bayo 1 has witch time but not everything is centered around it, Bayo2 is built that everything is influenced by witch time (to many boss fights can be dodge hit three times dodge repeat)
Also Bayo 2 wasn't as funny as Bayo 1, or any means as over the top.
I thought Bayo 1 had a better epic soundtrack but I personally thought that Bayo 2 had better better pop tunes. *But that's just my opinion
Was most disappointed in that the way they built up Bayo 2, it seemed that most of it was going to be hell, and you were going to fight like the ruler of hell as the final boss or something. Still loved the game, and only wish Bayo 1 was as cathartic as Bayo 2.
>>
>>315363486
>mfw I finally beat Fredrik today
I stopped playing the game after getting to him because his fight was so slow.
>>
>>315363575
No. It's harder, therefore it's harder. The hardest thing in Bayo 1 is brought back, with an even harder version in 2, so I literally have no clue how you could call the first more difficult without just not knowing shit about the second game.
>>
File: dont-make-me-say-it.jpg (41 KB, 416x431) Image search: [Google]
dont-make-me-say-it.jpg
41 KB, 416x431
>>315362018
If you're objecting to gimmick sections because they're too hard then you know the response to that already

If you're objecting to gimmick sections becuase they're not as well designed as main combat then you placing Bayo higher is hypocritical because Bayo's gimmick sections are way more primitive
>>
File: the monky.jpg (11 KB, 230x180) Image search: [Google]
the monky.jpg
11 KB, 230x180
>>315361324
WHO EVEN!?
I personally never bitched about too much Jubileus.
>>
>>315363723
In no way, shape, or form is Bayonetta 2 harder than the original Bayonetta. Bayonetta makes Bayonetta 2 look like fucking Elmo's Letter Adventure for the Nintendo 64.

If you actually think Bayonetta 2 is harder than Bayonetta 1, you're probably a pretentious Nintenyearold that never played the original and wants to shit all over it just because it's not an exclusive.
>>
>>315360478
>The only thing it improved on was the feel of the gameplay
Gameplay is the most important part of a video game. If one game has better gameplay than another than it's a better game.
>>
>>315364117
I meant feel of combat. But all the bosses are the same bullshit and there's literal variety in the enemies compared to the original so it's not like it matters since they couldn't nail the battles.
>>
>>315363956
The Rodin fight is harder and it was the hardest thing in the first game.
>>
>>315363956
You literally didn't make a new point and now you're just shitflinging. Fuck you, I 100%'d both.
Try actually playing the second game to completion before you go crying about how much worse it is to your laggy-as-shit inferior original. You probably haven't even played it, or are too retarded to think that a better core game with more gameplay options is somehow worse than the game that proceeded it.
>>
>>315359173
I've gotta' say Anon I honestly agree with you, I finished Bayonetta 2 and while it's absolutely brilliant, I agree the original is MUCH better. My friend extremely disagrees with me, and it's a piss off.
>>
File: zlCfzTa0HcQq9UhsHG.jpg (60 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
zlCfzTa0HcQq9UhsHG.jpg
60 KB, 800x450
> Children flinging shit at each other over trifling matter of which Bayo is better while completely missing out on a superior game
>>
>>315363486
>the desu filter is actually working!

And nah, Bayonetta 1 and 2 are stellar games, Mario Kart 8 is probably the best multiplayer you can get, and Pikmin 3 is a nice but short experience. Other than that I'll have to agree.
>>
>>315359841
>>315359651
>>315359695
>>315359173
>>315360268

Bayo 2 is as good as 1.

In Bayo 2
> Enemies have a hidden combo break mechanic that's annoying to circumvent.
> Good weapon variety
> Witch time can occur on every attack now, but lasts for like a second each.

Bayo 1
> Super tough enemies
> 1-hit death mechanics
> Some weapons feel like repeats.
> Long lasting witch time, but doesn't trigger on certain attacks.
>>
>>315365613
You forgot W101 which is the GOAT
>>
>>315366531
Fuck man so many ruined runs because of shitty insta kill QTEs
>>
>>315365004
I cant bring myself to replay bayo 1 anymore. I can only replay the game so many times since release
>>
>>315360268
Bayonetta 2 is better than Bayonetta 1, and W101 is mediocre as fuck. Deal with it nerd.
>>
File: NSICJeanne.jpg (461 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NSICJeanne.jpg
461 KB, 1280x720
>>315365004
Nice plats but check mine out.
>>
>>315359173

Bayo 1 had better weapons and bossfights.

Definitely the better of the two in my opinion. Setpieces in Bayonetta 2 were far, far superior though, plus it had Take-Mikazuchi.

It and Alruna were the only two weapons I really liked from Bayo 2. Pretty strange they decided to axe firearms, doing cool lazer light show shit with your feet during dodges was awesome in Bayo 1.
>>
File: threehourzero.jpg (457 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
threehourzero.jpg
457 KB, 1280x720
>>315369182
Normal mode might not seem so impressive.
Until you notice the total time.

Zero's easy as fuck to pureplat, though. One good AFB on an enraged enemy pretty much fills his whole magic reserve.
>>
>>315359173
Why do you care so much?
>>
Hey, Bayo scrub here, just curious, what little trinket should I buy to help me in battle.

I bought the one that gave you health for taunting monsters but that just pissed them off and they slapped my shit harder, ultimately negating the minuscule health I did get back.
>>
>>315370038

Moon of Mahaa whatever pretty much breaks the game.
>>
Got the 1+2 combo.
Was goty for me that year, it's worth buying a wii u to experience this but desu my wii u is gathering dust since smash.
Will turn it back on for xenoblade chronicles.
>>
>>315359173
You seem to be struggling with the concept of opinions.
>>
>>315370038
Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa if you want to have fun.
Pulley's Butterfly if you want easy mode.
Gaze of Despair if you want to git gud and earn LODSEHALOS
Selene's Light if you want training wheels.

Infernal Communicator is unremarkable. Sergey's Lover is a one-trick pony for getting big points with angel weapons. And Evil Harvest Rosary is only good for NSIC difficulty.
>>
>>315370198
>>315370542
Thanks, senpais. I wrote that one out! FUCK YOU WORDFILTER!
>>
File: 1435596835667.jpg (99 KB, 1149x1080) Image search: [Google]
1435596835667.jpg
99 KB, 1149x1080
the pixie cut sucks

og do was way better
>>
>>315359173
>bought Bayonetta for PS3 years ago
>never got into it, just didn't like it
>get a wii u
>get Bayo 2 in a bundle and give it another shot
>still don't like it
>feel like I've wasted 60 dollars
>>
>>315360268
Well I think they're all swell games.

W101 is the most wholesome experience, simply more shit shit to do and secrets to find on top of solid combat mechanics (with secret unites to boot).

Bayo 1 was a splendid hack 'n slash but with pretty context sensitive level and boss design. Even weapons dropped by enemies would completely change the combat until used up.

Bayo 2 was more bare bones, keeping the fights generally smaller in scale while introducing boss and enemy (demon) variety that pushed the standard combat further.

What you prefer from there is all on you guys.
>>
>>315362018
>platinum games
>not having gimmicks all over the place
That said, I partially agree with you. I despise the shoot em up virgin victory sections and the space harrier section.
>>
>>315369182
I am in the middle of Bayo NSIC

>>315371295
> Well I think they're all swell games
Yep.

>>315369625
> 2:57
Shiiiiiiiiet.

so King Zero basically to abusing tetsuzanko magic all the time?

Also it's stupid how "beat the game in three hours" contradicts other requirements

That's why shitposting and flinging poo at which one is better at what looks unbelievably stupid for people who have played them all for hundreds of hours.

Enjoy games for what they are.
>>
>>315362018
>every operation has video game segments
>this makes it worse than Bayo

Fucking Kojimadrones are the worst.
>>
>>315359173
I played Bayo 1 when it first came out. Bayo 2 was way better, and I'm not just saying that because I had the shitty PS3 port. There were a LOT of poor gameplay choices in 1 that 2 goes out of it's way to fix.
>>
>>315371841
The problem is the combat in Wonderful 101 could carry itself. They just give you so little of it flat out, often instead having you deal with constant barrages of gimmick enemies or gimmick stages. All those combo videos and such are done in super early stages because you never get a chance to use that kinda skill against later enemies.
>>
>>315372084
you have a completely distorted view on how the game is structured. Gimmick and puzzle sections are not even close to what majority of game is. It's barely 15% of entire playthrough, if that.

Maybe because you died on a lot of specific parts and that and your frustration made you think they are a magnitudes longer than they actually are.

From the way people talk bike and rocket sections from Bayo they take hours of of excruciatingly hard gameplay while in fact these segments are 10 minutes long, COMBINED, and are extremely easy to pure plat.
>>
>>315372921
>are 10 minutes long, COMBINED
Actually, the rocket segment alone takes up 13 minutes when deathless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sFmW7IGAIU&t=1m50s
Maybe this isn't a pure platinum run but deathless should show you how long it tends to take without being bad.

And in a pure platinum run of the bike moment, so perfected, that takes 7 minutes to go through.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (107 KB, 800x896) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
107 KB, 800x896
>>315373410
I was just pulling number out of my ass, honestly.

I think 10 minutes time comes from my overall time on entire bike chapter.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.