[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't mind me, I'm just played a huge part in the downfall
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: Shigeru_miyamoto.jpg (393 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Shigeru_miyamoto.jpg
393 KB, 800x1200
Don't mind me, I'm just played a huge part in the downfall of my company over the past few years due to some horrible decisions I pushed, but it's ok because I used to be great once so nobody notices. Shhh.
>>
File: 1435271504774.gif (1024 KB, 184x141) Image search: [Google]
1435271504774.gif
1024 KB, 184x141
>>315345004
That why the new Star Fox is just a rehash for nostalgia pandering. Fuck this guy
>>
>>315345502
Honestly, all I've ever wanted from Nintendo was a Star Fox that was just a bigger version of 64, so SF0 makes me very happy.
>>
True. Him and every other has-been in the company are always making terrible decisions and ruining games and consoles.

If Nintendo doesn't get rid of this kind of people it's going to shit the bed even harder.
>>
>>315345732
It won't be any bigger tho.
>>
But Nintendo is doing well financially. Sounds like he's made some damn good decisions, OP
>>
I don't really know what I want from Nintendo anymore.

They almost killed my interest in Zelda with Skyward Sword.

Smash 4 is out and it's kind of disappointing but still kind of good.

And yep... All the games I'm really super interested in.

I know I'll never get another Super Mario Sunshine. Nintendo just makes stupid ass decisions all the time and I'm sick of it.

Miyamoto will die soon because Iwata put a curse on him.
>>
>>315347105
Stocks have dropped in about 20%
Fucking investors doesn't want anything to do with Nintendo's terrible ideas.
>>
>>315347360
>Miitomo
>terrible idea

man are you kidding me? it's a gr8 idea m8
>>
>>315347292
New Yoshi is pretty good, but that's just about it.
>>
>>315347360
>muh stocks
top kek
>>
>>315345004
>past few years
but hiroshima nagasaki bought 4chan just this year
>>
>>315347105
>the wii u is worse than the gamecube

In fact Nintendo has been shittting the bed since the N64 and the Gamecube. They only gained in early Wii days but then went to shit.
>>
>>315345004
Fucking this.
>>
>>315347360
Nah. They basically just lost all the bandwagon Western investors who thought Nintendo was going to reveal P2W Super Mario Mobile or something and then they got Miitomo instead and sold their shares to go invest in something else.
>>
>>315345004
A good comparison would be George Lucas before he gained total undisputed power over his IP (prequels)

Talented, maybe even brilliant, but then grew up and was no longer in the right mindset to keep his position, but kept it anyway.

Lucas was right to sell SW because he knew it wasn't "his" franchise anymore and that all his input had been shit since the original Trilogy.

Miyamoto needs to retire. But he won't because his co-workers will never speak a bad word against him. The last person who apparently had the balls to talk back to Miyamoto was Aonuma during the Majora's Mask crunch.
>>
File: 1401230310987.jpg (33 KB, 440x500) Image search: [Google]
1401230310987.jpg
33 KB, 440x500
>you will never meet shiggy face to face
>you will never play video games with shiggy
>shiggy will die in your lifetime
>>
>>315350105
It hurts to think about.
>>
>>315350105
I'm 100% ok with this.
>>
>>315350105
If his live Mario gameplay wasn't indicator enough, he's not actually that great at the games anymore.
>>
>>315345004
I love the guy, but he's been slipping up a lot lately.

He should have minimal to zero say in any Mario spinoff. He has no idea what the spinoff fans want.
>>
>>315350429
He has no idea what any of his fans want. His idea of "contributing" to Star Fox Zero, for example, was insisting the Walker flap its totally-not-chicken wings while jumping.

Or how about "contributing" to Pikmin sequels by threatening to walk out of the project if they didn't do things the way HE said they should be?

OR how about his rejection of Sticker Star beta that played more like a real sequel to TTYD?

and of course, who could forget-- it was Shigeru Miyamoto who almost killed Smash Bros at its conceptual stage. If Iwata had relayed the rejection to Sakurai instead of encouraging him to make a prototype, the idea would have died right fucking there
>>
>>>>>He's still blaming Miyamoto for Intellgent System's retardedness
>>
>>315350872

>"contributing" to Pikmin sequels by threatening to walk out of the project if they didn't do things the way HE said they should be?

being strict isnt bad anon

Thats why Retro Studios actually did a good job on Metroid Prime

Pikmin 2 was great, but it threw away the entire concept of being pressured on time in the garbage

>how about his rejection of Sticker Star beta that played more like a real sequel to TTYD?

Nope, sorry, you can't use that excuse anymore

Miyamoto is a suggestion guy, Intellgent Systems incompetence is to blame for Sticker Star
>>
>>315347292
>I know I'll never get another Super Mario Sunshine.

thank fucking god

sunshine was garbage
>>
>>315351585
Better than shit Mario galaxy
>>
>>315351418
>Miyamoto is a suggestion guy
No he isn't. If he doesn't like something, it doesn't get approved. Anything Miyamoto is a consultant for becomes a George Lucas situation where no one wants to talk him into doing things their way because he's old and stubborn.

People have to fucking SNEAK depth into their games to get past Miyamoto's bullshit
>>
>>315350105
Miyamoto don't play videogames anon.
>>
>>315352029
mario galaxy is a finished game with imagination and minimal recycling/padding

sunshine is 75% padding
>>
Miyamoto's fucking great, guys. When the worst thing you can slap on his career is telling IS that their new Paper Mario game doesn't feel fresh enough, you know he's never been involved with a bad game.

Star Fox Zero? Looks great, despite what the shitposters want you to believe. Pikmin 3 was great. Wii U as a whole has been great. And of course, let's not forget it was his influence that led to your beloved Metroid Prime.
>>
>>315345004
As much as I love Miyamoto I'll forever have resentment towards him for deciding to sabotage Galaxy 2 and the Paper Mario series.
>>
>>315347879
Even then it's still somewhat generic as a Yoshi game with nothing truly new or eye popping being done. The Yarn visuals are nice and all but they just tend to be recreations of the locales of Yoshi Island in Yarn Form. Nothing really too foreign. It's not a bad game, in fact it's a good one, it's just that it doesn't really have too much going for it
>>
>>315345004
>being this salty that wii won
>being this salty that wii u won
>being this salty that NX will win

LMAO
>>
>>315353190
The boogeyman theories are strong with you, he just suggests things and people run with them
>>
File: 1440376866607.jpg (85 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1440376866607.jpg
85 KB, 625x626
>>315358794
>being this salty that wii u won
>wii u won

Good one, anon.
>>
>>315350105
Do you honestly think he gives a fuck about gamed like he used too?
I doubt he even plays games that he produces now.
>>
>>315345732
Good taste my nugga. I didn't care much for assault, adventures, or anything else, and SF64 3D just made me want more of that.

>>315359172
Let me guess, the ps4 is the winner of this Gen in your retarded thinking...

It's called NINTENDOMINATION for a reason, memer.
>>
>>315359382
How is that low third party support and those constant game droughts doing for you?
>>
>>315359172
Wii U has clearly won, though. The fact that all Pony threads always and forever lead back to one thing (Sales) says a lot about them.
>>
File: Nintendo before and after.jpg (272 KB, 1174x1046) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo before and after.jpg
272 KB, 1174x1046
Miyamoto is pretty terrible.
Old Japanese men are destroying Japanese companies left and right.
>>
>>315359838
>NSMB is bad meme!

This is really funny to me, especially after having recently replayed all of them.

The only thing these games has in common are the general gameplay. That's it. Not only does the level design radically change from game to game, complete with new things to interact with (The invisible rooms in Wii, the ever evolving ways in which they hide secret exits, the power ups and you utilize them to collect everything) always lead to a fresh new experience.

The difference between the original game and NSMBU is actually quite staggering. The game even feels like it handles differently, from those of who who don't... ah, judge things based purely on cherry picked screenshots.
>>
File: Denzel.png (154 KB, 620x540) Image search: [Google]
Denzel.png
154 KB, 620x540
>>315360601

Nintendo fanboys really are delusional
>>
>>315361237

Nice arguments.
>>
>>315345502
Do you fucking think today's kids are going to play Star Fox? Fuck no.

Children play a set number of games: Halo, GTA, CoD, Angry Birds, and whatever games their friends are playing or the newest mobile games advertised on TV.

For some reason, kids always come around when a new Pokemon or Mario show up, but I assume it's due to advertising it everywhere possible.

Star Fox wasn't made for those children. Star Fox is made for the adults that loved the SNES version and will buy it on name and "m-maybe it'll remind me of when I didn't hate life!" alone.
>>
>>315359475
>giving a shit about third party AAA shovel ware this gen
>not having a backlog of first and second party games

Oh wait, the other consoles would need to have games in order to have a backlog.

>not playing AAA shovel ware for free on PC thanks to russians

Llamao

>tfw with 3ds and wii u, you're guaranteed 2-3 new games per month

Careful with that high sodium saltyness.
>>
>>315360601
But the games are bad, bland, and nauseatingly boring.

I never thought I'd fall asleep to a Mario game until NSMB Wii U. Glad I got it as a free download.
>>
>>315362151
Not only that, but the rail-shooter market died off after the N64 generation and the 64 3DS remake sold like shit compared to the original. Not to mention he's just rehashing 64's story for a third time becuase of his phobia of story in videogames, even though Star fox has quite a lot of lore. Such a wasted opportunity, all just to sate his puppet fetish and lack of new ideas
>>
>>315362151
>Kids don't play kids games!

This is a damn lie and you know it. You see idiot kids on Miiverse all the time. They'll be happy to jump in on the Star Fox Zero train.

>>315362168
It's really funny to me how people cite 'third party games' as a reason to own other consoles when these developers haven't provided a single great game in years.

Remember when Octodad was THE reason to own a PS4? It's on the Wii U now. Remember when indie games were going to be all the rage? All the best ones are exclusive to Nintendo, and those that aren't are coming to the console anyway.

All upcoming PS4 games, no matter the developer simply can't compete with anything in Nintendo's lineup. Does anyone really think Horizon Zero Dawn will be able to compete with Zelda, Monster Hunter, and Xenoblade?
>>
I'm still mad about Sticker Star.
>>
>>315360601
ok??? just because they weren't %110 lazy and literally copypaste the levels from the first nsmb doesn't make them an iota as experimental and creative as mario 1-3. like you do realize there was more to the differences between mario 1 and 3 than "different handling" or new places to find star coins or whatever youre babbling about. the first mario games were revolutionary, nsmb is just a soulless cashgrab that only even still exists because people like you for some reason think that fucking bare minimum playable content is what we should expect and admire from a company that used to be a fucking pioneer of originality. go fuck yourself.
>>315361496
you don't have one.
>>
File: 1312939112168.jpg (74 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1312939112168.jpg
74 KB, 400x300
>mfw Miyamoto, the god of video games, showed off that stupid robot punch game and that security thing I can't even remember it was so bad
>>
>>315353190

Miyamoto is a suggestion guy

Alpha Dream didnt take it

Next Level Games took his advice to good use with Dark Moon's bosses

Intelligent Systems fucked up big time when he asked for something unique
>>
I just wish he'd start being honest about why there's never going to be a new F-Zero instead of coming up with endless excuses.

I also wish he hadn't been breathing down Retro's neck so much with DKC Returns. We could have had some of the other Kongs, and not the stupid blowing mechanic.
>>
>>315347360
Investors litteraly want Nintendo to go full mobile,
TOP KEKEKEK
>>
>>315358794
As another Nintendo fan, you need to shut the fuck up.

>>315359838
Funny, 3DS had the Super Mario 3 + 3D Land/World brick platforms

Also
>SMB2USA
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.