[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't there more games with scary marine life in them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Why aren't there more games with scary marine life in them?

Most games (Even horror games) have basically no sections set in some spooky river or lake. The only one which really springs to mind is having to wade through the swamp water in RE5 with the massive crocodiles knocking about.
>>
>>313309570
Bioshock.
>>
>>313309570
Because scary marine life is overpowered and humans are at a tremendous disadvatange when underwater
>>
>>313309790
I don't remember a single bit of marine life in Bioshock except for the Sperm Whale in the opening cinematic and the various background fish you saw while walking through the tunnels.
>>
>>
>>313310009
Jaws 3D was such a terrible movie.
>>
Because nobody likes underwater sections or sections where you swim/wade through water.

Prove me wrong.
>>
water is hard
>>
I sure do love being forced to walk at a crawl through water, not to mention how great 3d controls for swimming always are, and don't get me started on what amazing gameplay it is to have to swim to the surface every 15 seconds to breath.
>>
>>313309570
For there to be scary marine would mean there needs to be water levels where you either go underwater or trudge through it waist-deep. That means rendering water, and for these current gen consoles that's a big no no.
>>
>>313310656
What if it's a normal game, but it just happens there is water effects and textures around you making it look as though you're running around on the sea floor as marine enemies attack you?
>>
>>313309570
River Monsters was a great show.
>>
>>313310986
So a level in a haunted aquarium? Sounds good.
>>
>>313311712
Yeah, that'd work actually.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.