[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the verdict on this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: PoS.png (247 KB, 760x380) Image search: [Google]
PoS.png
247 KB, 760x380
What's the verdict on this?
>>
great/10
>>
It's exactly what the game needed, and it's exactly what an alternate character in a platformer should be. Plague Knight's wacky aerial movement is really fun, but it also makes it easier to respect what makes playing as Shovel Knight unique.

I just wish I could quickswap between bomb types (an item profile system would have been fine) and that the reward for getting every Cipher Coin wasn't so underwhelming.
>>
pretty gud.

Manages to feel like a genuinely different adventure, it's far from the character swap I expected.
>>
Better than the vanilla.
>>
>>313285131
I went back to the main campaign after beating Plague of Shadows, and immediately died because I forgot that Shovel Knight can't doublejump.
>>
>>313285131
shovelware
>>
>>313288023
plagued with dlc
>>
>>313288265
And over shadowed by the amiibo. Good knight.
>>
It felt like a whole new game, and can't wait to see the other characters they add.
Mona is cute, CUTE!"
>>
I wish the plot was different. Shovel Knight's story already had a love theme.

PK and Mona dancing at the end is cute as fuck though.
>>
Story is stupid but in a cute kind of way. Has a lot of nice little touches that are probably a lot more endearing than Shovel's story so that's nice.

Plague trivalizes so much Shovel Knight has problems with and ironically has issues with some of things shovel doesn't which almost makes up for the fact you're basically replaying old levels.

Potion mechanics are cool, and most of the armors are awesome except the shitty random one you unlock for getting all the coins. There's a better balance of money since you have more to buy though ultimately by the end you'll still have mad dosh.

IMO a nice sidegrade to the original game; but I hope specter gets some new variations on levels.
>>
>>313289029
I read a tumblr post that put forth the idea that, while the story does contain love, it's not about love - instead, it's about image and self-esteem.
>>
>>313285131

Aren't they doing a campaign for some other boss knights as well?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.