[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if MGSV had the same story, but instead of an open world,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: B6O2M41.jpg (579 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
B6O2M41.jpg
579 KB, 1920x1080
What if MGSV had the same story, but instead of an open world, around..lets say... a dozen bases like Camp Omega. Some being much larger and others being very small.
>>
It'd be worse since Camp Omega is worse than the majority of the larger TPP bases.
>>
>>313279942
then I'd use D-horse even less
>>
>>313280148
Wrong. Camp Omega had some of the best guard placement and security as up in Metal Gear history.

I would think the gameplay would indeed be better that way OP. Except I personally would lik it if there was some explorable world space puts is of the bases. Like if I went outside of the base i could find a nice little nook on a hilltop a snipe from their or entering a small cave to find a secret weapon or a secret entrance.
>>
>>313280512
*security set up

Running on no sleep is gr8 lmoa
>>
>>313280512
>Wrong. Camp Omega had some of the best guard placement and security as up in Metal Gear history.
Woah what? Camp Omega was piss fucking easy. Far more so than even the earliest camps in TPP. If you found that tutorial hard then you may as well end it now.
>>
>>313280697
good design doesn't mean hard difficulty
>>
As long as M. Night Kojima's ending is still present then it's flawed to the point of ruin
>>
>>313280828
When you talk about security I assumed you meant "security". Camp Omega is anything but secure.
>>
>>313279942
The game would have to be majorly redesigned. The buddy system, the idroid, the vehicles, side-ops and fulton system would all likely be removed. The very UI and weapon system would probably have to change to make the game slower to compensate for no downtime between missions. People would complain about the game being repetitive if you had 50 missions spread around a dozen closed spaces, which would severely limit your actions.

On the plus side, the AI would be far easier to script, making the game more setpiece-based.
>>
Nah... there was not much wrong with the leveldesign and while the open world didn't add much to the game it didn't detract from it either.
>>
>>313279942
what if the game just addressed the things that actually make it bad instead of trying to change other things?
>>
Be honest, did anything THAT meaningful happen in the big empty spaces between outposts, /v/?
>>
>>313281504
Quiet boss fight. Shit caught me right off guard just doing sideops. That is the kinda shit I like. Was really god damn pumped when that happened. Too bad nothing else like that ever happened.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.