[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow this shit is intimidating just threw my ass in there trial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: SHOCK001.gif (72 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
SHOCK001.gif
72 KB, 640x480
Wow this shit is intimidating
just threw my ass in there trial by fire

going to have to dig into the manual before I start it up again

Looks cool as fuck though

any tips?
>>
>>313255741
Use fullscreen mode, it's less cluttered.
>>
>>313255741
I played it 5 years ago it's very playable even with default controls. Definitely more enjoyable then sequel.
>>
>>313256476
I am, mouse look too
>>
Get back to it. Don't ask /v/ for help
>>
>>313256654
>help

tips anon
tips

going to start it up again in a few hours
>>
You can leave markers and labels in the automap, use it to mark points of interests like energy charging stations or other important locations you may have to return to.
>>
>>313256756
Tips for what? Go forward, complete objectives, don't get lost in the maze. There is some kind of high power plasma weapon, keep few shots for it just in case, there is a section with invisible enemies somewhere which are hard to kill with other weapons you'll have by that point. Also read how dermal patches exactly work because I finished game with unused pile of them and that was a waste.
>>
>>313256939
>>313256975

like that
thanks

especially that map one
>>
>>313257064
There's a Lazer sword in the area with the invisible monsters, kills them in two hits as opposed to 15 bullets
>>
SS1 is pretty linear and mostly plays like regular shooter. But shit gets real sometimes and since it's 90s PC game no one gonna spoonfeed you perishables like in Bioshock, so it's up to you to build up reasonable reserves.
>>
You can click on a weapon in your inventory and then on the item tab on either of the side displays to get a list of all your ammo.
>>
I don't understand people who start a game then immediately go online asking for tips

gamefaqs has everything if you want to cheat, so why even ask on a forum? and why do you want to cheat anyway when you haven't even tried yet?

I think their brains are wrong
>>
>tips
after first 2 rooms the tutorial "online help" is disabled you can re-enable it in options it will poiint out hidden doors and things you can interact with
riot shotgun and stun gun are useless
after destroying the nodes write down the number
>>313257738
>linear
the goals are the same but the levels aren't linear and there is no spoonfeeding like the later games
>regular shooter
plays exactly like a dungeon crawler unless you're a filthy casual who is using mouselook
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.