[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Emerald
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 1438215049735.png (109 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1438215049735.png
109 KB, 1200x1200
I decided to really play the SHIT out of Pokemon Emerald earlier this year. I chose Emerald because it's the most complete pre-DS Pokemon game, with all the features, Pokemon, and the incredible Battle Frontier.

The first step in the plan was completing the Hoenn Pokedex and getting a Gen II starter. To do this, I needed to create a system to gain as much EXP as possible. I constructed a 5-man team to run over the Elite Four as quickly as possible, with a sixth Pokemon holding EXP Share to get half of the total EXP. Using this method I was able to boost a Pokemon from Lvl 5 to Lvl 32 on their first run, and so on. Eventually I was able to consolidate the 5-man team into a 4-man. It got to the point where I had a Hitmonchan that could duff every single E4 trainer except for a couple of Pokemon.

For some Pokemon, I just leveled them to their final evolution level and dumped them in the PC. For other, more interesting Pokemon, I tried to actually create usable Pokemon using their abilities and learnset. Eventually I had every Pokemon and non-legendary in Hoenn, using my Sapphire cart and trading with friends.

The next step is to finish my national Pokedex. To accomplish this, I specifically bred some catching experts, and transferred them to my other carts and went around catching all the Pokemon I couldn't get in my Emerald game. This is currently the step I'm at. I have 244 Pokemon caught so far in the Emerald game so I'm fairly close to finishing up the non-legendaries.

Eventually I'll need to play through FireRed/LeafGreen again with different starters and finish the game ASAP and capture legendaries. To do this, I will breed "astronaut" Pokemon in my Emerald game. These will be Pokemon with extremely good moves at varying levels, so I can just go straight to the gyms and not overlevel past my badge capability.

I haven't even gone to the Battle Frontier yet. There's so much left to experience. I love this game.
>>
>>313239263
get back to your containment board >>>/vp/
>>
>>313239263
You'll also need Colosseum and Gale of Darkness if you want the National Dex.
>>
>>313239375
You only get Lugia and Jirachi from those if I'm not mistaken. I can live without those two since I don't have a GameCube.
>>
>>313240464
Ho-Oh, Lugia, Celebi (if you live in a certain region), and Jirachi. You do need Ho-Oh and Lugia to "officially" complete the Nat Dex. It's also a lot easier to get some Pokémon in the Gamecube games than the handhelds, like Safari Zone Pokémon.
>>
>>313240945
Fuck are you serious? Ho-Oh and Lugia don't count as event Pokemon?
>>
>>313241223
No, only event Legendaries count as event Pokémon, which in Gen 3 only includes Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Deoxys. Ho-Oh and Lugia are box Legendaries.
>>
>>313241575
FUCK. Well thanks for telling me. I'm pissed.
>>
>>313241774
You don't actually get anything but bragging rights for completing the National Dex in any Gen before 5, at least.
>>
>>313241864
That's true... maybe I can just skip those two and pretend I never knew.
>>
>>313241958
Yeah, Gen 3 is absolutely the hardest Gen to complete the Dex since you need so many games to do it. Gen 1 you need two, Gen 2 you need four, Gen 4 you need I think six (maybe less, I'm not sure how many Hoenn Pokémon are available, you can get all the Legendaries between DP and HGSS at least), Gen 5 I'm not sure, Gen 6 you only need four again, but in Gen 4 you need all seven.
>>
File: KILL ME.png (899 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
KILL ME.png
899 KB, 1000x1000
>>313242202
Interesting. I have all the GBA Pokemon games but I don't have a GC at all. Maybe I should just pick one up since I'm a huge Metroid fan but admittedly have never played any of the Prime games.
>>
File: mega klingklang.png (324 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
mega klingklang.png
324 KB, 1024x682
>>313242354
I wonder if there's a way to transfer Pokémon on emulated games to real ones without obvious shit like a Gameshark.
>>
File: 1405634924897.gif (96 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
1405634924897.gif
96 KB, 355x355
>>313242556
I've thought about it. Buying a GS and using a shitty pirated cart to just get the MysticTicket and capture Deoxys and all that.

But it's very expensive to track down a GBA GS these days.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.