[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to play VTMB for the first time and wanted to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1444889679541.jpg (2 MB, 1200x2268) Image search: [Google]
1444889679541.jpg
2 MB, 1200x2268
I'm about to play VTMB for the first time and wanted to know, what clan I should choose? I read over this image and installed the unofficial patch, but all the options seem pretty cool. Does it really matter since I can just replay the game?
>>
>>313232264
Like it says, pretty much anything but nosferatu or malkavian are good for a first playthrough. Personally I went Ventrue first, they're pretty good at talking and tanking stuff. Really depends on what you're going for OP
>>
>>313232264
You probably shouldn't go with Nosferatu or Malkavian for your first run as they change quite a bit. Toreador is also probably the most boring clan.
Other than that, be free to choose one that seems fun for you.
>>
>>313233184
>toreador
>boring
you what son? You can go full matrix mode with them
>>
>>313233363
Might as well go with Brujah then unless you really want that auspex.
>>
>>313233531
Auspex is crazy for ranged though isn't it?
>>
File: qt314.png (585 KB, 679x554) Image search: [Google]
qt314.png
585 KB, 679x554
>>313232264
Gangrel OP
you get the best girl
>>
>>313233164
Want to start playing this, so what sort of things should I focus as a Venture?
>>
>>313234262
Well, their disciplines are Fortitude, Presence, and Dominate

Basically Fortitude makes you really fucking durable, even against supernatural damage

Presence debuffs enemies and makes them less able to do shit against you

Dominate gives you a variety of things, it's sort of like presence but it's focused on one person (until higher levels.) It can also be used in dialogue sometimes to dominate someone into doing your bidding.

Personally I think ventrue are best at melee, and while they aren't THE best melee clan, they get a lot of things to help them out in close range, as well as dominate for long range stuff.

For non-combat stuff, I'd say focus on Persuade, Research, and Stealth. Lockpicking is also really useful. Also, the prince will treat you a bit better if you're Ventrue like he is. Overall pretty fun clan, they get some cool outfits
>>
>>313232264
>all the options seem pretty cool
you are right. IHMO VTMB is one of few games, where are all clans interesting, different and fun to play. You don't even have to follow Malkavian and Nosferatu advice - I wish I could play VTMB for the first time as Malkavian. Most important thing is don't open it.

>>313233184
>Toreador
>boring
nope
>>
>>313234989
Really, Malkavian could be such a blast first playthrough, but I think you'd need some crazy reading-between-the-lines ability
>>
>>313234672
Thanks anon, will start playing soon.
>>
File: 1443452253676.gif (101 KB, 389x426) Image search: [Google]
1443452253676.gif
101 KB, 389x426
>>313232264
Tremere for your first playthrough, Malkavian for your second.

Tremere will teach you the gravity of both being a member of the undead and a member of the Camarilla. On top of that, you get to shack up with your clan's primogen and learn a lot from him that you otherwise wouldn't as the other clans.

Some people will try to tell you that Tremere makes the game too easy, but in my opinion that's just another reason why it should be the first clan you play as. Nothing will turn you off of the game faster than getting ashed in some of the later stages of the game and thaumaturgy makes for a great equalizer.
>>
>>313233164
>Like it says, pretty much anything but nosferatu or malkavian are good for a first playthrough.
I've literally only ever played this game as a Malkavian or a Nosferatu. The normal clans feel so fucking boring.
>>
are there any skills that are worth taking over others?
>>
>>313236960
well, persuade is definitely better than the other speech skills, haggle/finance is useless, hacking is useless if you've played the game a thousand times like me. inspection is the same, and stealth is questionably good if you have obfuscate
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.