[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Class related to lovecraftian (summoning)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Cthulhu_2b955d_5469874.jpg (154 KB, 613x800) Image search: [Google]
Cthulhu_2b955d_5469874.jpg
154 KB, 613x800
Hello /x/, I'm struggling with a ideas for a class to be inevovle with summoning and debuffing (hexxer/summoner hybrid). This is for my college class and is a rpg 3d. I'm looking for creative ideas that have something to do with H.P lovecraft's stories. Mostly with summoning.

All ideas are welcome (that are related to topic) and no need to worry about surreal or inappropriate content. As mention before, all is welcome.
Posted in /x/ but not much help, yet: >>>/x/16845799
>>
>>313138098
The demons have already led you astray, my friend.
>>
>>313138098
>college class
please don't tell me you're going to college for game design

also

>lovecraft

Whats more fedora? Lovecraft or steampunk? I'm surprised Project STEAM came out and reddit didn't gobble that shit game up.
>>
>>313139010
Not sure what you mean by fedora. Just been a fan of surreal horror.
>>
>>313138098
>I'm looking for creative ideas that have something to do with H.P lovecraft's stories. Mostly with summoning.
Ship captain class that specializes in summoning brutish negroes and cunning, narrow-faced yellow asiatics.
>>
What if someone has some kind of partially developed reality shaping abilities they couldn't fully control? Periodically summoning something large, unpredictable, and unstable, which might attack anyone or anything. When that power is "harnessed," it allows them to summon smaller things which affect as debuffs (which monster players can kill, but are often too quick or numerous to be killed easily). Thus other players are made to worry about their teammate, the teammate cannot trust his own creations, and their chief impact on monster players is both a harassment and the potential to summon something that could really fuck up their day.
>>
>>313140325
Very nice detail and could turn out to be a interesting plot.
>>
>>313139010
Cyberpunk is the new fedora.
>>
File: Aliensit_-_Complete_Arcana.jpg (134 KB, 400x592) Image search: [Google]
Aliensit_-_Complete_Arcana.jpg
134 KB, 400x592
D&D, Alienist.
>>
Character generates a passive field which temporally unveils monsters which already exist out of phase. The results are unpredictable, but generally monsters will attack whatever is nearby

>>313140903
Hell ya man it's a good idea. Consider what are the most enduring and noteworthy aspects of Lovecraft: facing the impossible, a lack of control, creatures which do not understand or care about anything but themselves, nightmares, doubt of sanity. Add a dash of tentacles in case the dumbs don't already get the reference.
>>
>>313141283
Ah, good one. I could've missed that one
>>313142374
Thanks for the idea man. I will be using some aspects of it!

Thank you both, appreciate it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.