[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Preface: I am very new to Fire Emblem, currently on my first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 286afa178ba41f59f1901830040c895f.jpg (222 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
286afa178ba41f59f1901830040c895f.jpg
222 KB, 1024x1024
Preface: I am very new to Fire Emblem, currently on my first run of Awakening.

Is it just that I'm fucking retarded, or does this game like to force you to put enemies in range of the enemies, resulting in you praying that they won't get too fucked up? Because if you try to wait for the enemies to come to you, they fucking BUM RUSH. Giving you no chance.

I understand not to aggro enemy units with frail units, but even my strongest units sometimes get pretty fucked up, making it seem more like a game of risk where I hold my breath and cross my fingers until it's my turn. Am I missing something crucial?
>>
>>313061462
>Is it just that I'm fucking retarded
yes
>>
>>313061462
Meant to say "put 'your units' in range of the enemies", my bad
>>
>>313061543
Have you ever heard of this thing...I think it's called constructive criticism?
>>
>>313061769
well, stop being retarded
>>
That's what your tanks are for, bruh.

Also, protip: take a strong unit like Frederick, but disarm him and use him to bait enemies into range. Then you can whack away at them with your weaker units, giving them a chance to level up. Don't actually USE Frederick excessively.
>>
>>313061939
Can I use Robin or Sully as a tank? Because I don't really like Kellam, or Frederick. Or Vaike.
>>
>>313061939
This.
Enemy units always go for the weakest unit in range, or the unit closest to being in range.

>>313062184
I'm on chapter 16 and I can send Robin/Cordelia in the middle of a group and wipe one unit in my turn and then the rest on the enemy's.
My Robin has reached lv. 20 twice, though.
>>
>>313062456
Shit nigger, you grindan hard
>>
>>313062456
I never shoulr have downloaded Lin. I'm on hard difficulty and I literally equip her with sticks because she burns through everything else slaughtering the entire enemy forces as they sacrifice themselves to her.
>>
>>313063030
>hard
It isn't.

>>313062884
Not really. Robin gets Veteran, which gives 50% extra experience when paired with another unit.
>>
>>313061462
Isn't this like the 5th time we've a had this thread, or at least a very close version of it?
>>
File: 1400902981199.jpg (78 KB, 535x800) Image search: [Google]
1400902981199.jpg
78 KB, 535x800
>>313061462
Most of Fire Emblem's number crunching and general flow of combat is designed so that you should be shuttling a few enemies into your units on enemy phase. Really, player phase is more just patching up and placing your units into good places so that during enemy phase, they fight the right enemies(e.g. no pegasus knights left in range of bowmen or wind mages), and an efficient number of enemies to be taken down so that your mass of units can take more ground on the next turn.

That said, Awakening's enemies are much more aggressive and by the numbers stronger compared to their average counterparts in earlier games. In previous games you could generally just have a human centipede of your units dry humping their way across the map at your general leisure provided there wasn't an immediate objective that needed solving.

So I'd say check ranges by pressing X and also checking individual ranges, figure out who's gonna be fighting who(enemies will prioritize units that they can do the most damage to, can kill, or that can't retaliate), make sure support boosts and chains are in place, then end turn and let the enemy throw themselves at the blender.
>>
>>313061462
Anon here's what you do when enemies aren't coming for you
1. Get a unit that would probably survive an enemy's turn (tank unit or weapon triangle in your favor)
2. Pair them with someone for the stat boosts
3. Put them one space in the range of as few enemies as can
4. Enemy turn, they won't kill your unit if you sent the right one out
5. If enemy is still alive, let a weaker unit come and finish them off to share the exp around
6. Practice eugenics so all your children have galeforce and just facefuck the rest of the game
>>
>>313063580
There was something similar the other day.

Anyway OP, you basically just put your highest defense units on the front line, or high res if you're dealing with a bunch of mages. If your best tanky unit (which can potentially be a lot of different characters) gets killed from just one or two enemies, then something's wrong, you're probably badly underleveled.
>>
>>313064679
I could have sworn that there's been 3 threads like this with the same pic, while others used Lucina I think. Similar/same down to the aggro part. But oh well, I guess.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.