[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witcher thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: the-witcher-cover.jpg (160 KB, 1043x469) Image search: [Google]
the-witcher-cover.jpg
160 KB, 1043x469
>r8
>rank 'em
>>
1 - 5/10
2 - 7/10
3 - 7.5/10
>>
>>313021303
1 - 8/10
2 - 9/10
3 - 9/10 but the gameplay still fucking sucks
>>
>>313021491

Why do people keep saying combat sucks?
I mean, it's not fantastic but I think it's good enough.

People who say combat sucks never give reasons for it either.
>>
8/10
9.5/10
6.5/10
>>
>>313021421
>>313021615
Explain 5/10 pls
>>
>>313021695
Dogshit repetitive combat and quests. Sure the story was good but it gets massively overblown around here, and for me, it didn't save the game.
>>
>>313021584
because it's easy to cheese the combat. same as any game even souls games. ultimately it comes down to how difficult you want to make it on yourself.
>>
>>313021584

The game can't make up its minds as to what kind of gameplay it wants to be.

It's too stat based, uncoordinated and based around cheesing enemies instead of logically responding to them to be an action game.

It's too wild, fast, unforgiving, spammy, and twitchy to be a methodical RPG combat game.

The fighting is just boring as fuck. It has none of the seamlessness of Dark Souls, but none of the badass equipment/level upgrade and straightforwardness of Skyrim's combat. It instead takes traits of both, and even action games like Devil May Cry and fucks it all up to make this unfulfilling hybrid gameplay nobody wants.
>>
>>313021695

Third game ignores the first two games, throws out everything that happened in them and then rips out the pages of the books the game is based on and crams the game's story full of them.

This is a massive problem because the first two games, while being heavily inspired by the books and its characters, ultimately tried to tell a different story with few direct connections back to the books. By piling on all these book characters and basically brushing away the first two games, it does a disservice to fans of the game. The story is also kinda boring, and if I never have to see Yennefer's face again it'll be too soon.

The open world gameplay is ultimately a fail. There's no sense of exploring. Combat is a chore. It loses the tight focus of Witcher 2 in favor for wanting to be Skyrim.

Game seems to have no obvious motivation for tapering down, either, just cramming more useless book keeping and busywork.
>>
>>313021303
1- 7/10
2- 8/10
3- 6/10

TW3 is the only game of the serie where i got bored.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.