[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Castlevania IV and Bloodlines are the only good classicvanias.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Super Castlevania IV and Bloodlines are the only good classicvanias. Prove me wrong.

Protein: You cannot
>>
>>313019471
>Super Castlevania IV
everyone thought that Super Castlevania IV was the second coming and the best in the series. Look at it now. It's the Lords of Shadow of it's time.
>>
>>313019612

love this meme
>>
I like the Metroidvanias, but I've never touched classic Castlevania.
Which is the best?
>>
>>313019471
Chronicles and Rondo are superior to both of them.
>>
>>313019802
Super Castlevania IV and Bloodlines, of course
>>
>>313019802

Rondo of Blood, Super Castlevania IV and Bloodlines are IMO the holy trinity of classicvania, they have mostly everything good about the classic games consensed.

If you want more of a challenge, there are Castlevania 1, III, the X68000 Akumajou Dracula and Dracula X on SNES (a different game, not really a Rondo of Blood port).

Castlevania The Adventure ReBirth on Wii is also an amazing classic, remake of the first gameboy title in 16-bit style by M2.
>>
>>313019802
Super Castlevania 4 has the best art style and controls. It's most likely the easiest of the classic castlevania's but that makes it really beginner friendly.

Rondo of Blood (PC) is a perfect mix of Castlevania 4 and Castlevania 1. Movement options while still being hard.
>>
>>313019986
>Rondo of Blood (PC)

You mean PCE
>>
>>313019471

rondo is top tier
>>
>>313019802
Honestly, Castlevania III, Super Castlevania IV, and Rondo of Blood/Dracula X Chronicles are my favorites. I'd definitely pick up all 3 though, especially Dracula X Chronicles. It's a remade version of Rondo of Blood with english voice acting, plus it has the original game and SoTN with a new dub and script. It's the ultimate deal
>>
The only good Castlevania games are Symphony of the Night and Order of Ecclesia. Very overrated series.
>>
>>313019957
Holy shit, I forgot about Bloodlines! Another one of my favorites. I need to actually beat that game soon
>>
>>313020351

thanks for your input. strongly disagree.
>>
>>313019471
Those games are excellent, but they are most definitely not the only good Classicvanias.

>1
>3
>Rondo/Dracula X
>X6800/Chronicles
>The Adventure/ReBirth
>>
File: CJ_2D_Wiicover[1].jpg (1 MB, 1000x1402) Image search: [Google]
CJ_2D_Wiicover[1].jpg
1 MB, 1000x1402
The classicvanias and metroidvanias are debated all the time, but nobody can deny that this is the best Battle Arena Toshindenvania of all time
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.