[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Come play Eve with us.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: 572px-Eve_online_logo.svg[1].png (6 KB, 572x206) Image search: [Google]
572px-Eve_online_logo.svg[1].png
6 KB, 572x206
Since yesterday's thread was such a success let's do another!

Let's talk about Eve and why you should start playing right about now.

The game recently got a new tutorial system called Opportunities which is apparently awesome. There are also several big alliances right now looking for new players, two of which never openly recruited newbies before.
This is the first time a freshly created character has the option of joining 4 or 5 big, established organizations with handholding in every flavor.

Here are a few of those:

KarmaFleet:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Karmafleet/comments/2sfm2m/karmafleet_manifesto/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwVpDK7aPkg [Embed]

Brave Newbies:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bravenewbies/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjU84u5PH3s [Embed]

Pandemic Horde:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pandemichorde

Phoebe Free Republic:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoebeCrusadeWarRoom

I'm a recruiter for KarmaFleet. If you're into less of a "hugbox" style of player group you should check us out or give Pandemic Horde a shot.

The game has been rapidly changing and improving in the last few month and another change to how systems are claimed is on the horizon promising to be a huge upset. Unless you're a total shitler alliances are clamoring for more members in preparation for what's to come.

Don't mind the reddit links. With the exception of Brave Newbies all of the organizations run internal forums at least and are based off of existing gaming communities.

Do you want to blow up spaceships? Do you want to play market simulator2015? Do you want to be in huge fleets? Now is the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdfFnTt2UT0 [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otEC3Ultq2k [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEUEvlcBXBI [Embed]

Ask any questions. For a 30 day trial with a chance of getting a Plex in drop your email or message someone who provided his.
>>
Dude its like 5 in the fucking morning go the fuck to sleep nigga
>>
>>291125852
Because everyone lives in the same timezone.
>>
Where did all the trolls go? At least they provide free bumps
>>
>>291126813
Go to sleep nigga, everyone important is sleeping
>>
>>291125852
>>291125994
>>291126813
>>291127057

I get your intentions, I do. Wanting to try recruiting at different times of the day to get different timezones, but this time of day especially is pretty quiet.

Personally, I would love to play again. I have a near 15mil SP character that I've been playing on and off again for years. Made it in 2008 but only really put in a few months worth of playing in. I love the game, but never found a corp that stayed together long enough to get into anything great. So I always tried mission running for ISK.

I apparently have 250,000,000 ISK just sitting there... How much is a PLEX going for right now?
>>
>>291127473
Plex goes for around 800mil right now.

Being in a good player group and feeling engaged is def important. I enjoy eve a lot more ever since I joined KF.
>>
Grinding for months to train basic skills and rep with factions, most boring ass game ever.
>>
>>291127612
Has mining changed? I want to be able to make money doing it without needing alts on alts on alts
>>
>>291127612

Fuck, 800m? Last I time I played I think it was in the 500-600 range. I've been lurking your KF threads for awhile now, and I would be interested in joining. Thing is, I'm a poor fag right now and can't afford the $15 to resub, so it will have to wait. I was thinking if the PLEXs weren't that far off from what I had, I could grind some L4 Missions to get enough for another month, but that still seems a bit steep.
>>
my account lapsed and i dont know if im ever going to sub again. i didnt even feel like spending time doing incursions to keep sub up.
>>
>>291127679
>Grinding for months to train basic skills and rep with factions

With with basic skills, a pilot can be of use to a fleet. I actually enjoy the skill training, as it still goes up if you logged off. If you know what to aim for, and a good corp will guide you, you can have a ship ready for fleet runs in days, if not hours if done right. Yes, it will be months before you are in a battleship, but you can still be learning shit about your frigate and improving your game in that time. People give EVE flak for being a spreadsheet simulator and being butthurt about not being able to control your ship besides button clicks, but there's a LOT to combat than meets the eye. If you look for it, you'll be learning something about EVE all the god damn time, even years later.

But people want instant gratification.
>>
What does a plex cost nowadays? 700mil when I stopped playing
>>
>>291127930
Hurp-de-derp, some nigger with more time in training will kick your ass every time due to book buffs. Fuck that shit, and fuck mining.
>>
>>291127930
>But people want instant gratification.
If I'm paying monthly for a game, I want it to be fun before I've sunk six months of time AND money into it.
>>
Is solo mining without alts viable yet? I can fly an Orca and have director skills but I'm a loner
>>
>>291128074

You're wrong. If you're playing EVE alone, then you're not going to get far.
>>
>>291128165
Oh the joys of joining scam corps as a noob since they are the only people who spam recruitment. Quit defending the game as being noob friendly you twat, it isn't.
>>
>>291127930
You're genuinely a fucking idiot if you think eve doesn't need more things you can just do in a small amount of time.

Even the head of pandemic legion says that shit, and says that people that defend it not having anything like that are probably way too locked into the stupid mentality of "eve is a hardcore game"
>>
>>291128141

Again, you can have a boat ready that will be of use to a corp in days, if not hours, if planned properly. Yes, you will always be improving, but in a good fleet with proper planning and coordination, you will be useful.

And tackling is fucking fun. Being in a fleet that knows what it's doing, and being one of the first to engage and hold the target from running is pretty exciting.
>>
File: 33mtlj6.jpg.png (754 KB, 710x528) Image search: [Google]
33mtlj6.jpg.png
754 KB, 710x528
how have they changed the tutorial?

I've tried to get into EVE 2 times now but I get bored at the start everytime
>>
>>291128259
>i want my hand held: the post
>>
>>291125798
>come play eve with us

No, your dying game is of interest to NO ONE

Faggot
>>
>>291128314
Go shoot ships, train this book, afk in your droneboat. Nothing has changed.
>>
>>291128278

Could it use more things you can do in small amounts of time? Sure. Nearly every MMO does. Do you need to spend weeks or months before you can have fun? Absolutely not.
>>
>>291128334
No, I just want shit to do other than listen to some nerd say warp to gate for fucking hours. It would be nice if the game had more shit to do other than troll, mine, pvp, or farm npcs.
>>
I really want to play EVE but I just can`t.
I started a char some time ago, have about 7-8mil sp, I tried a few corps but so far nothing happenned apart from some shit here and there once per week.
My plan was to get mining and industry to a decent level first so I would be able to construct T1 stuff for me and my imaginary buddies should we go into nullsec of WH space, but the thing is and after that, find a nice corp and get into some pvp.
>nobody gives a shit about your `casual` industry skills
>everybody has 3 alts that are maxed to PI/Industry and are constantly building 5000 items of T2 per day
I defo don`t want to go into an indy corp, I want pvp and shit, but sometimes doing some indy and afk mining is just good for me. Now, If I wanted to join a decent PVP corp:
>min 10-15mil sp
>if its a wh corp, the ability to go with and own T3
EVE its like real life job seeking, the expectations are really high, and a new player has difficulties to fit into everywhere, and even if he does, he has to wait literally months to get into bigger ships or be even remotely competetive.
So while my account is active, it is just training, and If will have patience and determination I will join a corp sometime
>>
>>291128450
You can you know, it's a sandbox for fuck sake if you're a boring cunt then no wonder you will also find the game boring.
>>
i wanted to like EVE so much but the gameplay is just so fucking barebones and locked behind a massive realtime grind, there's no incentive to be a new player where most mmo's give you tons of catch up features.

shame because that atmosphere and ost is beautiful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmssY9PmF14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_95zdLlBSE
>>
>>291128585
Nigger, are you fucking retarded? The map may be large, but it doesn't matter if it is all the same colored background with lame ass music and the same old ships, all day erry' day.
>>
>>291128450
>>291128585

Like anon says, there's plenty to do than just those things. Exploring is pretty interesting.
>>
>>291128691
open scanner, fuck, all these dots, if this universe is so advanced why the fuck do I manually have to scan down everything. LOL Logic!
>>
File: WhatCanIDoInEVE.jpg (779 KB, 3132x2188) Image search: [Google]
WhatCanIDoInEVE.jpg
779 KB, 3132x2188
>>291128691
>>291128450
>>291128585

Fuck I forgot the picture.
>>
>>291127473
How about exploration? Data and Relic sites can be pretty good ISK when you're doing k-space sites in wormholes (C1-C3). Can find several hundred million isk in one evening, and you only need a frigate to do them.

Keeps you on your toes too since there is always the risk of someone catching you, but losing a 25 million frigate isn't that bad when you made 300 million the night before. Shouldn't be too hard to keep safe if you watch dscan like a hawk. Cloak up as soon as you see probes on your scanner.
>>
>>291128429
Locking certain elements of "fun" behind a time window is stupid though, some people will never find flying tackle fun, and that's okay. But they might love being a battleship.
>>
>>291128502
this is what keeps me away from EVE, isn't it too late by now? what can you even do as a small player or corp?
>>
>Literally reddit advertisement

REEEEEEE
>>
>>291127679
Why the fuck are you grinding rep? Join a corp with 8.0, get a jump clone, and get on with your life.
>>
>>291127734
There are moning changes incoming. Specifically for nullsec ores which is an area of the game we operate in.

>>291127779
Missioning is a shitty source of income anyway.

>>291128347
>what are rising sub numbers a decade straight

>>291129394
A lot of people use reddit. Especially people interested in video games. It makes sense for corporations who recruit to have a subreddit. KarmaFleet is a joke name too.
>>
>>291128774
>If the universe is so advanced why are we even flying spaceships instead of just living as beings evolved beyond physical forms and living in harmony until the end of time
>>
>>291129006
Then they can fly a battleship after two weeks.
>>
>>291128645
>there's no incentive to be a new player
Exactly.
>>
>>291128314
It is a lot more freeform and less convoluted now.

You can also join any of these corps within hours of character creation and experience the real game instead of whatever it is newbies usually get stuck with.
>>
>>291128502
What is the problem with joining any of the crops listed above?

There are no SP requirements, you get to do industry in the best spaces in Eve and you can do PvP as much as you like with constant pings for fleets.
>>
>>291129006

>locking content behind a time window

So you're against games with level up mechanics then? Leveling up is a matter of time when it comes down to it. In this case, you're leveling up even when you're not in game.

>How about exploration? Data and Relic sites can be pretty good ISK when you're doing k-space sites in wormholes (C1-C3). Can find several hundred million isk in one evening, and you only need a frigate to do them.

I never got into it, but always assumed you needed a group of people to really make it profitable, so I didn't bother taking the skills for it. What does it involve? If you only need a frigate, I'm assuming there isn't much NPC combat. What are Data and Relic sites exactly?

>>291129565

>Missioning is a shitty source of income anyway.

Perhaps, but at the time it's what I had available to me for low risk., and I never really learned better ways of earning ISK. I'd have to learn new shit. I'd be willing, but I'd need to know where to start.
>>
>>291129732
It's just wrong. Having a lot of SP on a single character does no one any good.

You can be useful in PvP within days. One of the biggest alliances right now was founded merely 2 years ago by entirely new players.

If you don't wanna play eve it's fine but don't pretend a game is shit just because you're too inept to get into it, fox.
>>
>>291128645
>where most mmo's give you tons of catch up features.
That's because a level 1 could literally never kill a level 90 or whatever because their HP regen just plain doesn't allow it. Those games are balanced based on levels. EVE is just balanced based on what you choose to do with there being countermeasures for everything else. Someone with 5milSP can be useful and even kill someone with 60milSP.
>>
File: EveOnline.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
EveOnline.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>291129881
That's another thing I hate about you people. Everyone who doesn't like eve is a casual in your eyes. As if it's somehow impossible not to like tediousness the game.
>>
>>291129819
You don't need a group. Data and Relic sites are anomalies that you scan down with your probe scanner. Once in the anomaly you'll find containers that you have to open by winning a hacking minigame.
The containers contain mostly loot that is relevant for the industrial type players and can be sold for decent ISK on the market.

I did a few hours of exploration in Venal yesterday and came out with 200mil worth of loot. And that is in a Heron which is literally the first exploration ship available to players.

I can really recommend joining us at KF or any of the entities above. It seems like you haven't seen a lot of what eve has to offer.
>>
>>291130041
Where did I say casual?

>another thing I hate about game
You're pretty invested for someone who simply doesn't enjoy a video game.
You're bitter because you can't get into a game that a lot of people praise and you expected to be able to enjoy it. You can't and now you shit up this thread.

I'm honestly sorry. Give it another shot. Start up a trial, fly on a few fleets with us and make sure it really is as shitty as you convinced yourself ;)
>>
>>291129887

You bring up a good point. Most people who don't really understand EVE complain about being behind in SP and never being able to catch up to old players, but in other MMOs you're absolutely right. A level 1 character could not kill a max level character in nearly any circumstance. However in EVE, there are MANY situations where that might happen. Just interesting to see what people complain about vs what can actually happen in game.

>>291130048

Really? Exploring is just that? I'm assuming there are skills involved I'd have to grind... You can go into any sector and there will be anomalies, or are they only present in certain locations?
>>
>>291130041
The hardest part of EVE is the shitty menu system and learning how to navigate with right clicks. The game doesn't get any better though, it really is shit.
>>
>>291130195
>grind

Why use that word? You literally inject them and wait.

>You can go into any sector and there will be anomalies, or are they only present in certain locations?
Anomalies are everywhere and if you plan on exploring in wormholes it doesn't matter where you're based out of since entrances appear at random throughout the universe.
The anomalies found in the systems themselves are better in lower security systems though.

There are also different kinds of sites especially in wormholes that will have enemies or spawn them when you fail a hack for instance.
>>
>>291130224
>the game doesn't get better

translates to I've played for 3 days, did the tutorial and didn't find a player group straight away so I got bored, quit and will now forever begrudge the game.
>>
>>291130429

Eh, I use the word grind but it's not meant in any negative way. I know I inject them and wait, but I was just indication I would have to queue up some skills to improve. That's all.

I actually never have gotten into a wormhole before. I'm guessing wormholes are found just like data and relic sites? So, the idea is to just fly around, look for sites, and if you find a wormhole then take it and find better sites?
>>
>>291130557
No, wormholes are systems with unstable entry/exit points aswell as no local chat. There are people who live in those systems entirely.
>>
>>291130497
I played it for six years. The game is shit.
>>
>>291130638

Well then how do you find one? I understand that entry/exit points randomly appear and disappear, but how to do track them down? If say, you want to get in to find better exploration sites, what do you have to do to get back out?
>>
>>291130691

>I'm on the internet, I can say anything to justify my opinion because no one can check my credentials.
>>
>>291125798
this is pretty great news. I bought eve a few months ago but I haven't started playing yet because I've been scared that the community was stagnated to the point where it would be hard for a new player to join in. I'll definitely give it a shot now.
>>
>>291130759
You'll see anomalies in the system but you won't know what exactly they are. You scan those down the the proper module. They might turn out to be Data, Relic or Combat sites aswell as wormholes.
>>
>>291130815
If I didn't have corpmates and drunken flight nights I would have quit within the first month. Shooting the shit while waiting for a war target was infinitely more fun than actually waiting for the fucking target.
>>
>>291130934
If KF interests you send me an ingame mail under "Inferno Plex".

The community is the opposite of stale right now. Huge alliances breaking apart and a new meta on the horizon that is already making everyone run for cover.
>>
>>291130993
I'll repeat what my fellow anon said:

>I'm on the internet, I can say anything to justify my opinion because no one can check my credentials.
>>
>>291130759
There is at least one in every system from hi-sec to nullsec. You need decent astrometric skills to find one. Sisters Core probes are great for this but a bit expensive.
>what do you have to do to get back out?
The same way you got in. Wormhole systems are a crapshoot though, you might not find an exit for another fifteen holes after you get lost. And you might reenter known space far off in the boonies somewhere.
>>
>>291130965

Alright. Well, that certainly sounds interesting and if I manage to jump back in, I'll try doing that for a bit. I'm assuming that these skills needed are locked for tree trials right? I can't start a 30 day free trial account in hopes of getting into exploring and making some ISK only to find out those skills are locked for trials. I know many money-making skills are locked for trial goers.
>>
>>291131248

Wait, so every system has a hidden wormhole somewhere? Am I understanding that right?
>>
>>291131324
Most of them do. Finding them isn't the hard part though, it's getting in and out unscathed. You don't want to enter one in hi-sec because those entry systems usually have high traffic.
>>
>>291131324
No. I'm not sure what that anon is referring to. Wormholes may last anywhere from hours to days. It is not predictable where they'll appear. Some systems do have a higher likelyhood of getting anomalies though.
>>
>>291131248
>you might not find an exit for another fifteen holes after you get lost.
The trick is to find a C1-C3 (unknown, not dangerous unknown) wormhole. Those often have a lowsec or highsec exit. Sometimes both.

>>291131324
A lot of them. Not all tho.
>>
>>291131160
I guess you'll have to take my word for it then.
>>
>>291131267
I honestly don't know which skills are locked on trial. Maybe wait for the game to go on sale again.
>>
File: 1429091998741.gif (442 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1429091998741.gif
442 KB, 500x375
>>291131472
>tfw your C6 static leads to a C1 only a few jumps from jita
Time to go shopping. Holy shit captcha I don't care about cakes what the fuck.
>>
>>291131536

That won't help. I have an account, I just don't have the extra $15 to drop on reactivating right now. I know that sounds stupid, but I'm on a really tight budget the next couple of months while I help a family member open a restaurant. I was thinking, if the skills to get into exploration aren't locked, I could use a trial account to raise some ISK and get CCP to activate my main account just long enough to buy a PLEX and activate it. I know they've allowed that in the past, and it's an option available to me. I have some ISK saved up already on my character, so I wouldn't need to raise the full amount.
>>
>>291128334
Youre the one whos actively advertising this pile of shit. Its not our job to show you that the game isnt shit. The reason why no one here is playing it is because its an utter chore to join the game now. If you want to convince people to start even though them not being interested then you should provide some arguments how to get past the chore of being scammed and exploited.
>>
>>291130497
So what youre saying is that anyone who doesnt like the game didnt actually play it? Now thats a delusional post if I ever have seen one.
>>
>>291129887
>>291130195
Yes but in regular MMOs, you can also grind to get better levels and gear and thus increasing your effectivity.
In EVE, you have to wait, no matter what. If there would be an option to increase your SP with some grinding or shit there would be better incentives to start the game now. Up to a certain level of course, like you can farm items or do missions for SP up to battleship 3 or something.
>>
>>291131890
Most people will realize how terrible it is in the first hour. Or after they try to climb that first skill hump.
>32D 20H 31M until Advanced Weapon Upgrades completes
I don't think I've ever wanted to take a vacation from a game before.
>>
>>291132075
Theres a reason why it was called the O-Game of MMOs
>>
>>291132010
No, but I can spot the difference between people who simply don't like eve and people who tried really hard to like eve and now shit up threads with made up reasons why it's shit so they feel better about themselves never haven gotten into it.
>>
>>291132075
What exactly is it you want to fly that takes 30 days? How would a new player even afford such a ship?
>>
>>291132175
>and people who tried really hard to like eve
So what youre saying is that anyone who didnt try really hard to like a game has an opinion that is not worth stating? Why in the name of god would anyone try really hard to like a game if he simply doesnt? If I dislike a game I will not have the motivation to try really hard to like it. How retarded are you to be unable to grasp this incredibly simple concept.

Besides, when did a person try really hard to like a game anyway? After 10hours? 100hours? 1000hours? When are you satisfied and consider a persons opinion to be valid? Oh right, it doesnt matter what you think.
>>
>>291132060

I actually don't agree with you here. Because you can still grind to get better gear, which will give you much better results than the passive bonuses from your skills. And training the bare minimum skills to unlock the ability to use gear doesn't take that long. As one other anon said, you can be flying battleships within 2 weeks.

>>291132256

AWU isn't really needed to fly a ship, but holy shit is a useful skill to have. The best fits won't work unless you have AWU.
>>
>>291132256
Isnt it bad enough that developing something takes more than a minute? Youre playing the game to play the game. Not to wait until you can play the game.
>>
never forget
>>
File: ccp[1].jpg (23 KB, 600x259) Image search: [Google]
ccp[1].jpg
23 KB, 600x259
Best devs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvM7av1o1Q
>>
>>291132256
It reduces powergrid requirements of turrets and launchers. It's mandatory for serious PVP because at level 5 it adds a lot breathing room for your fittings. Some ships, particularly those with energy-weapon bonuses, are impossible to properly fit without it.
>>
>>291132175
>>291132364
liking a game is not the same as enjoying it
>>291132371
yes but we both know that simply `flying` a ship in EVE gets you nowhere. You have to get millions to get it and fitted and you have to have the financial reserves to support your pvp and buyback those big ships so you have to have skills first to get dosh and then get the actual money and THEN you will be able to fly those ships. (unless you join a corp who gives you free ships and shit or you can make your living from pvp loot from day 0, but thats the rarer case)
>>
>>291132364
It's not about playtime but getting into a group that gives your sandbox experience a point.

If all you do is mine and "small gang pvp" aka dying to gatecamps in frigates with a shitty 10 player corp then the game is simply not gonna be fun.
>>
>>291132421

How is waiting a minute to fly a ship any different than waiting a minute to get enough xp to get to level 2 to use that weapon that requires level 2 to use?

I guess in one scenario, what you're actively doing influences the rate of progression, while the other is a steady progression that isn't dictated by what you're doing.

I see there being pros and cons to either. For example, in a traditional level based system, if I'm not actively killing mobs or questing, I am not gaining XP. Therefore any time spent on anything else, does not progress my levels. Where as in the EVE style, your progression goes up at a constant rate regardless of what you're doing, or if you're even logged into the game.

Yes, some games you can gain xp from other ways than just killing and questing, and yes you can change the rate of which you gain SP in EVE, but I was using a very basic example.
>>
>>291132421
People are already overwhelmed with the sandbox as is. I genuinely believe that it would hurt the game to remove skill barriers let alone whether I agree with the design or not.
>>
>>291132681
Nah man. You only need the skills and can fly a titan all day ;)
>>
>>291132698
>How is waiting a minute to fly a ship any different than waiting a minute to get enough xp to get to level 2 to use that weapon that requires level 2 to use
I hope this is a fucking joke. If you do something to gather EXP you DO SOMETHING. If you wait for a ship to develop you wait, youre NOT ACTIVELY DOING SOMETHING.
>>
>>291132681

By the time it takes you to have the skills necessary to fly and fit a battleship, you should have enough ISK to fly it, provided you've been playing the game.
>>
File: oruzeallout.jpg (4 MB, 1200x4800) Image search: [Google]
oruzeallout.jpg
4 MB, 1200x4800
>>291132574
damn this shit didn't fit in the /v/ size limit
>>
>>291132698
People make a way bigger deal out of it than it is either way. Your day-to-day experience in eve consists of way more than worrying about your skill queue.
>>
>>291132785
But you still get to DO SOMETHING.

You get to do WHATEVER YOU WANT and aren't forced to grind a million of X to level up swordfighting level 98.

It's not a perfect system but it has stood the test of time and is hardly one of the legit reasons to dislike eve.
>>
>>291132805
And that was the point, wasn't it? Giving a new player all skillpoints would do nothing except throw the balancing off. They won't get to fly the big ships either way. Even people who own capitals don't get to fly them that often since it requires the backing of your alliance to move such a pricy asset.
>>
>>291132785

Then I argue in a traditional based leveling system, you are forced to play certain content in other to unlock more skills and gear, rather than play the way you want to, whereas in EVE, you can play any way you want and it won't effect your rate of progression.

For example, if you wanted to mine in a traditional MMO, you usually don't gain any XP for mining nodes. You don't gain any XP for shopping and playing auction house for profit. You might gain XP for your crafting skill if you have one, but usually it doesn't add XP to your normal levels, and if it does, not much. There are exceptions to this of course, but traditionally, the game dictates what provides XP, and if you want to level up, you have to do those tasks to get XP.

In EVE, you can do whatever the fuck you want and still make progress in your skill tree. The only difference is that what you're actively doing has no effect on your progression. Except for ISK.
>>
>>291132946
>is hardly one of the legit reasons to dislike eve
The fact that you seriously think that youre in position to define what is and what isnt a legit reason to dislike a game says a lot about your mentality and shows and now argument will ever yield any fruit.
>>
>>291132683
When does the game become fun?
>>
>>291133128
That's what I'm here for. Join KarmaFleet. Have fun.
>>
>>291133128
When you start doing fun activities. Can be immediately, can be never, depending on your definition of fun, and your personal ability to achieve it.
>>
>>291133107

Yes, I obviously meant that I am the sole and objective ruler on what's legit and isn't.

Go and fuck off please whiny cunt. There are other grapes out there
>>
>>291133226
What's your character name?
>>
>>291133289
Join the KF_Public channel for the fastest response.
>>
>>291128902
cant read shit
>>
>>291133347
Anon you know what I'm asking. Tell me your character name.
>>
>>291125798
>>>/vg/
shill there there at least its allowed
>>
>>291133492

Open it in a new window/tab.
>>
>>291125798
>playing eve
>all those reddit links
>those sign up links
this counts as "advertising" right? I mean look at all that shit
>>
I'm currently at just over 7mil SP.
I just got the Caldari Battlecruiser skill, but tbh there wasn't much point as I can't afford to buy one.
Hell, I can fly Cruisers but I'm not that good at fitting them.

At the moment I've been grinding missions for Standing. I've just unlocked level 2 missions and my Corax has been holding up well so far.
I dunno when I'll need to switch to my Caracal, but hopefully I'll have better skills then.

Honestly I'm terrified of low/null-sec. I'm not clever or ruthless enough to survive out there.
>>
>>291134161
>I can't afford to buy one.
They started at 40 million a few years ago when I was forced to stop playing. They were 200 million when I recently returned.

What happened?
>>
>>291133701
I tell people to play a game I enjoy and offer a variety of ingame corporations looking for recruits seeing as it's highly important to play with decent people in a game like eve.

If that's advertising, sure.

>>291134161
Just join the KF_Public channel if you're interested in experiencing what the nullsec life is like. I can promise you it's at least more fun than running fucking missions.
>>
>>291134284
Obama
>>
>>291134284
>What happened?
No idea, considering that right this second they're at 40mill.
>>
>>291135559
I misread. Thought he said battleship. A basic battlecruiser used to be 20 mill tho.
>>
>>291135809
How long ago did you stop playing then? I've been in since late 2009 and I've never seen battleships going for less than 130-200mil on average.
>>
>>291129312
thats what scared me six years ago, but youd be surprised how fast you get near perfect skills for a certain ship. I mean, I have over 100m sp, but I dont have those last 2% damage from those 1month skills.
>>
>>291128502
Ok so back again, just to say something about the good side of the game as well.
I stayed in some corps here and well, hi sec, wh, low sec, fw, and I have to say, when something is going on and you are playing together with your mates on TS - its just absolutely brilliant, especially when its pvp, you get the adrenaline rush like in no other game, and It hooks you right in. Thats why I am a bit bitter about this whole game, because I experienced the best side of it and I know the amount of fun that could be had, but still its difficult (at least for me) to find a decent corp and get this shit going again. Tried a few things as a newb:
>mining op in highsec with orca and corp ore buy scheme / just hanging around with your buds, sipping beer, talking about some RL shit or just doing some funny trashtalk, and you get dosh after the event.
>farming sleeper sites in wh / the same, but you have to be organised and constantly watching d-scan, deploying and collecting mobile tractor loot collector stuff, going back to POS, organising the loot, guarding the hole, rolling, etc
>doing fw in smaller ships / easy, not much to lose and you can still be effective even with a frigate while getting cash
>public fleets with a hundred ppl on TS, listening to the commander, organising, being organised, switching ammo for ordered distance, focusing ships by order

this is the kind of experience/fun I never had anywhere in my gaming experience. Its so different, I can`t even compare - its suddenly not a spreadsheet simulator.
Hell, If I were CCP I would use EVE as educational tool for schools, even with private galaxies, star systems. Imagine what kids could learn about politics, economy, numbers, tactics, strategy and general thinking while playing a game with spaceships.

So here, this is my complete opinion about the game, and I think everyone should at least try it once. The trial is now 30days, its free, and after that its just 10gbp/month.
>>
>eve is doing so poorly they have to advertise on /v/
My fucking sides went into a wormhole
>>
>>291137734
I like you. A well described and thought-out opinion is rare on /v/.
The issue is that it boils down to "It's fun with your friends"... Which is true of most games.
Personally I enjoy the solo play in Eve, too, but I suspect I'm in the minority.

Also, fuck CODE alliance. I just want to build frigates with my own materials for a small profit, I don't need you fucks hanging around.
>>
>>291135879
I think it was about 2010. Ships were already starting to get expensive then. T1 was still cheap, but T2 had gone up to 160 mill (from about 80 mill).

I'm glad T2 frigates are still around 20 million.
>>
>>291137829
>steadily rising subscription numbers for 9 years

I'm actually here because incoming changes to the game are going to flip the table when it comes to holding systems in the game and every alliance in the game right now is in preperation for that.

But your sides indeed
>>
>>291138149
The difference is that eve has a strong support for players forming up and playing together/against eachother. "Fun with friends" can be a valid argument in sandbox games.
>>
>>291138215
What are the actual changes?
I don't know much around sov rules at the moment, but I'd like to know what's so dramatic about it.
>>
>>291138215
How many of those subscription are new people, and not just a mining alt?
>>
>>291138215
dont forget that most of the people has 2-3 accounts
also, games like star citizen, elite: dangerous are getting into the fray and this will mean that EVE will slowly lose its monopoly over the sandbox space game genre and the devs have to get their shit together to keep the game alive, let alone make it grow - hence the more frequent updates for example
>>
>>291138607
What does it matter? Plex was bought with real money. Even if all the people online right now are me, what do you care?

>>291138682
If you actually think SC/ED are a direct competitor to eve you either don't understand eve or those games.
>>
>>291138494
Right now you need to destroy certain structures when trying to take sov. This means you have to field a minimum DPS to capture anything in a reasonable timeframe.
The new system will remove that barrier making it feasible for smaller entities to hold space without relying on renting or diplomatic agreements.
>>
>>291138920
Oh I see.
So how does one hold sov in a given system? Own the most structures? Or is it a "king of the hill" style set up?
>>
>>291139126
Placing the right kind of structures and defending those. The system in place currently is quite concoluted with several timers and requirements for being able to attack.
>>
>>291138786
>If you actually think SC/ED are a direct competitor to eve you either don't understand eve or those games.
are you serious? I could say the same about you as I read this statement. Fuck I don`t want to start an argument about this, so I`ll just leave it to you then.
>>
>>291138682

neither of those games can be called a sandbox in the same sentence as eve. Star Citizen in particular has straight up said they will not allow the kind of interaction eve does.
>>
>>291139260
I play both eve and elite dangerous as do multiple people in my corporation. The games simply don't scratch the same itch.

You can tell yourself all you want that you're not missing out anything by just playing SC/ED because they're the same anyway according to you but in reality they're hardly alike.
>>
>>291139306
You are right, but most of the ppl who are interested in space games/space sims/space shooters will look for something like this
>I want to fly a spaceship
>in an mmo
>with muh friends or other real players

the rest is up to the game and the other players in that game.
>>
>>291139607
You're projecting. That is not what eve players look for.

Your point is bullshit just admit it. SC and ED do nothing to Eve. There are players playing both but that's like saying "Eve is dead everyone is playing Cities: Skylines"

Come back when you stopped being mad about not enjoying eve.
>>
>>291139607

absolutely no one with that mentality plays eve beyond a single month, it just doesn't have the appeal to people who want to fly spaceships, you are either going to get heavy into player politics, griefing the fuck out of other people or flowcharts.
>>
>>291125798
go away
being part of a big org means you're a slave to the leaders in eve
we're not going to do your grinding
>>
>>291140942
Define being a slave.

I get to do whatever the fuck I want in deklein and in return show up for a few fleets every month if at all. We also offer a variety of special interest groups organizing all kinds of content.

People wouldn't be in big organizations if they didn't get something out of it.
>>
About KarmaFleet:
What're your views on "casual" players. And by casual I mean someone who does not have a set playing schedule?
I play as often as I can but real-life stuff gets in the way a lot. I usually get to play for around 5 hours every second day, sometimes more, sometimes less. That sounds like it would be unsuitable for a nullsec corp.
>>
File: 1404236218454.png (442 KB, 692x737) Image search: [Google]
1404236218454.png
442 KB, 692x737
>Amarr
>>
File: h7lNte1[1].png (30 KB, 1920x720) Image search: [Google]
h7lNte1[1].png
30 KB, 1920x720
>>291141779
We do not have a playtime requirement.
We do kick for excessive inactivity but only if someone hasn't been on in weeks or rarely ever plays without giving stating a reason at all.

Plenty of people here work fulltime and have a family.
>>
>>291141779
5 hours every second day is a lot m8.

also I don't know about this particular nullbabby shit corp, but in most corps I know, if you get kicked for inactivity, you can usually just get back in really easily if you become active again.
>>
>>291142413
>nullbabby shit corp

It's always interesting to see bads and irrelevants from 4chan spout their elite peeveepee opinions.
This is one thing people here have down. Talking like you know shit while knowing nothing.
>>
I can't lie - it's tempting. I just don't feel I'm knowledgeable enough about the game to venture out from Highsec just yet.

Hell, I joined RvB for a brief period and got slaughtered regularly without even scratching my enemies.
>>
File: 1419033574857.png (614 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1419033574857.png
614 KB, 1920x1080
Weekly reminder that Snuff Box is the best lowsec group, cartel btfo
>>
>>291142573
why do you think I am shit and know nothing?

tell me how good and 'relevant' you are. whatever that means.
>>
>>291142776
aw come on don't play hard to get baby
>>
>>291142776
>snuff box
>unironically being in a russian gatecamping brony alliance
>>
>>291142873
>>291142867

>brony

u wot

I'm not even subbed now, used to be in Doctrine with space admiral larkonnis the racist
>>
File: 6c20242aa0632fb51b2f2d0.jpg (26 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
6c20242aa0632fb51b2f2d0.jpg
26 KB, 150x150
>larkonis
>>
>checking out karmafleet on zkill
>lossmails
>structure grind
>lossmails
>structure grind
>structure grind IN LOWSEC

wow you got me bro, totally not nullbabbies
>>
File: soraPC.png (670 KB, 1000x688) Image search: [Google]
soraPC.png
670 KB, 1000x688
>>291143097

(it's okay I'm apparently the worst scout Snake's ever seen)
>>
I liked building Charons in my POS while mining/missioning/inventing wiht my accounts.

Maybe i'll start again in a few monts
>>
>playing an accounting simulator

Play Starmade instead, it's the game Eve advertises to be and you get to do fun shit.
>>
>>291142805
The way your framed that sentence "nullbabby shit corp" didn't display a great deal of humility.

Get lost you shitlord.
>>
>>291143679
you'll need to come up with a good excuse for being in the CFC, and for being in goonswarm.
>>
Two characters with 130m SP that I haven't played for years and keep training.

What's the purpose?

I was there when wormholes were released and joined a wormhole operation for a few months. Lots of fun. At the end it became a chore and quit, pretty good for some time. But don't see anything new coming as good or interesting as Apochypha.

Maybe I should join one of these corps with a new char?
>>
File: WWvsOLm.png (456 KB, 1166x538) Image search: [Google]
WWvsOLm.png
456 KB, 1166x538
>>291143860

Does "winning eve" count?

:^)
>>
File: dreck.png (54 KB, 612x343) Image search: [Google]
dreck.png
54 KB, 612x343
>>291143176
We're at war with a failscading coalition.

Come back once you win so hard your enemies literally quit the game. Until then you can go and jerk about you k/d ratio somewhere else.

>>>/pl/ for your elite pehvehpeh needs
>>
>>291143908
I'm about 10 pages into karmafleet's zkill and I'm yet to see anything but lossmails, structure grinds and gatecamps.
>>
>>291125798
I have to pay a subscription every month, right? No. Fuck that. All I should have to do is pay $50 for the game and be able to play whenever I want after that at no extra charge. A subscription system just does not make sense for me, since I usually only play a game a whole lot for a week or two, then get burnt out and let it sit for months.
>>
>>291144043
>PL
>elite pvp

uh what, is this what reddit/SA actually believes
>>
>>291143860
Why that? Because you unironically think that we're the "bad guys"? Because you drank too much of your own retarded coolaid and now you're stuck on the bandwagon?

Learn to think for yourself you fat retarded fuck
>>
>>291144132
keep on winning eve bro, remember to anchor up and engage drones on the primary

I find it hilarious how you assume I'm some kind of buttravaged opposing nullsec blob who lost moons or something to you
>>
>>291144127
All you're doing right now is spamming

>implying
>implying
>implying

You're stuck here because your shitty ego doesn't allow you not to have the last word. You now pretend like you're better than the CFC and PL combined just so you don't have to lose an online argument about irrelevant bullshit.
You don't even have a point. You're just trying to prove that you're the most knowledgeable/calm/in control person in this thread while not even having a message.

Think a second about what cancer you are. Please, just reflect on your trash personality for a single fucking second and tell me honestly what you're thinking right now.
>>
>>291144345
Don't turn this around now faggot.

You said I need an excuse. You're the one starting arguments here. Don't act like I'm the one who attacked you here.

Annoying shit
>>
>>291144478
you're trying to get people to join your terrible corp. I just want you to explain why anyone who isn't awful would want to do that.

how are you personally winning eve, by being just a warm body in the largest group in the game?

you mention PL as elite pvp, but they aren't. elitism isn't the same as elite. maybe compared to you guys I guess, but they're pretty much just another nullblob, but older and richer than some of the others. they even let overload everything join them.
>>
>>291145087
Explain why it's a terrible corp without using buzzwords.
>>
The new icons suck. They are too plain and look the same.
Can you change them?
>>
do yourselves a favor and dont join anything CFC related

its fucking shit
>>
>>291125798

Did mittens order you to mass spam forums again? The 7th coming of goonswarm, the spamming of forums?

It's nice you actually state who you are and link to the other noob groups, but you've missed out RvB and E-Uni.

Those thinking about playing, you're going to be used and abused becuase many large blocks are beginning mass recruitment because in 6~ weeks time panic and crazy numbers of bodies are going to be needed for land grab.

And, oh god why the fuck are HERO going into fountain, that's a fucking terrible idea after last weeks entertainment.
>>
>>291146239
again? because as far as I can tell, all they do is farm structures and take part in the occasional tidi blob battle. please let me know if any of those are buzzwords or if they trigger you or whatever.
>>
>>291148989
I should include RvB and E-Uni even though I genuinely believe that they don't offer as much as KF does. I can't speak for the other organizations.

I do this on my own volition by the way. I genuinely like interacting with new players and I know that there are plenty of people here who are not total edgelords and would fit in decently enough.

What's the problem with Hero going to fountain? We(the cfc) are the only ones who kept a no bullshit line with them the entire time. If they had just taken delve when we offered it instead of getting helicopterfucked by PL they might've not even had that coup.
>>
>>291148485
grr goons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqkd9qFoo_8
>>
>>291149389
so your alliance is actually trying to meme about how people don't like you?
>>
>started playing eve a few months ago on the trial
>thought it was possible to get a PLEX in 21 days
>it's not
>quit the game

it was kinda fun tbh but i can't be assed paying for this shit
>>
>>291149495
>to meme

Is that how you use that word now? And yes, "grr goons" has been a running gag for years now.
A lot of the animosity still stems from that long gone time too. Most people hating on the CFC now don't even know why.
>>
>>291147182
Answer this and I'll join your shit spaceballs clan.
>>
>>291149752
People advice against trying to plex in your first month. I have no idea how you even had any fun if that was what you did in your 21 days.

I can't vouch for trial accounts since I'm not sure what the exact skill limitations are but it is very much possible to plex your account as a new player in our space.
>>
>>291149825
hate is a pretty strong word. a load of sjw reddit/sa faggots smugging about broken gay shit I don't care for is unlikely to endear me to them.
>>
I just wish I knew how to earn PLEX for free because I don't have a credit card to pay for subscription.
>>
>>291149294

What I can recall is that brave even early on was offered delve/fountain area, but the problem with accepting was either GrrGoons or the fact that moving in meant being a pet, renter or farm target. Which ended up happening in catch anyway. But the point was a year ago when they hit sov they were going to be a buffer or pet to what ever group they were caught in the middle of. No supers etc never helped either.

As the situation stands now, the timing is weird and tinfoily enough. I expect an even larger exodus than the coup/hed evac mess. So they'll drop from 2000/16000 active toons to barely 1000/15000 active.

They used to field 1.3k people to a defense, that last brawl ZXB was 150 dudes. They are not in a position to think about sov and will probably failscade completely come fozziesov, not because lack of caps, but because they have been bleeding active players for the last 2 months since GE went under. They will be TEST 2.0 realized once they are removed from fountain, having served their purpose as buffer.

Wall of text yes, but I've enjoyed watching them for the last 18 months. The spawning of KF and PH are interesting as well, but come from more established and far better organised roots.
>>
>>291149948
What icons are you referring to?

And we actually look for people who want to join. I can't force people.
>>
>>291149752
buying a plex with isk is what you should do if you can make so much money so easily that paying a sub would be silly. if you're new or lol on a trial, all you're going to do is turn the game into an endless grind. I'm an older player and I pay a sub, because earning isk is no fun, I wouldn't do it out of choice.
>>
>This account expire in 13h 4m 48s

give me plex i will join your corp
>>
>>291150091
The. Icons.
All these grey monotone interface icons.
These icons are shit. They all look the same.
Yes, this is game breaking to me.
>>
>>291149389
>be a group that prides itself on being entirely without merit (if only quantity was one, but sadly it isn't)
>people accurately point out that you are shit
>le grr :^)

give it a rest
>>
>>291150445
I don't know anyone who approves of the new icons. there's really no reason at all for them to have no colours. now I can't tell my journal from ISIS from my assets.
>>
>>291150067
I'm sure we'll drop by for "gudfites" on a regular basis but I can't imagine us using brave in the same way PL did. There certainly won't be any backroom deals about not taking timers as long as you keep dying to us.

I think people interpret too much into the decision. As demonstrated by the recent fountain "invasion" backfiring in a hilarious way we don't need a buffer or anything like that. Living next to brave will provide a lot of content for new players on both sides. I know that we in KF are looking forward to it in an honest way.
Plus the local residents provide plents of fights aswell without turning things into a capital clusterfuck.
>>
>>291150693
Goons pride themselves on being shit. If you knew how the alliance started it'd be even more evident.
You're attributing things to us and then get mad if we don't fulfill them.

That being said you can't argue with success. Haters gonna hate.
>>
File: 1372082372567.jpg (28 KB, 291x308) Image search: [Google]
1372082372567.jpg
28 KB, 291x308
>>291150963
you sure are succesful at killing blue titans
>mfw CFC members actually believed the retarded coverup

what am i attributing anyway?
all I said is that the CFC is shit and best avoided
>>
>>291151206
You gotta do something right if you can kill blue titans and the pilot in question returns a few days later. Can't be that horrible on the inside.
>>
take it from a Great War 1&2 vet

the only way to win EVE is to not play it (alternatively, reading about EVE is preferable to actually playing it as well).
>>
>>291150963
I can dislike goons even if they joke about how bad they are. it doesn't mean I'm mad. also remember not to conflate the success of a vast organisation with its individual members being good.
>>
>>291151331
they refunded his titan
which means that the money earned by coalition members was spent on correcting a retarded mistake like that

and yeah, apart from that I dont really know why they put up with that
>>
>>291151334
We had plenty of vets resub after the inception of KF and all the hype that came with it. The new sov changes helped aswell.
>>
>>291151510
If you think it's sheer numbers keeping the CFC afloat you're simply wrong.

The organizational structure on the inside is insane. I worked for less professional real life companies. The individual member's skill is maybe not the highest but who cares about that except for you?
>>
>>291151737
I never disputed that. I'm saying that you personally, and all the other smug shitters, are not good at or winning eve.
>>
>>291151557
I don't really have much to come back to. My interest petered out after we kicked TEST et al. out of Delve, and a forever war against enemies who aren't worth hating (PL, NCdot and whatever the remnants of BoB constitute nowadays) isn't appealing anymore. I'm too jaded.

Doesn't help I burned out just before purchasing a mothership since they (probably for the best) have been or are scheduled to be nerfbatted even more.
>>
>>291151546
>which means that the money earned by coalition members was spent on correcting a retarded mistake like that

Yes, the entire CFC was outraged by that. I think we reimburse more in cruisers a day than a titan loss costs us.

>and yeah, apart from that I dont really know why they put up with that
Because goons are fun to be around and you don't just give up friends you made over the years just because your ship go blown up once?

It's funny how the only people still caring about this are the ones not in the CFC. So funny it's almost sad. grrr
>>
Was the problem of 90% of the game being filing taxes fixed yet?
>>
>>291151843
The only time CFC member ever react smug is when people unironically post "grr goons" shit.
There are people literally thinking we're evil.

You'll rarely see smug behavior emerge without prior provocation.
Best example the last failed fountain invasion. Wouldn't you be smug about it when your enemy tries to invade territory during fanfest and then get's their own territory stomped in?

And besides that you'll hardly find anything but nice, humble people on goon coms.
>>
>>291128774
>being upset at having to play game instead of watching
>>
>>291152031
Was the problem of you barging into random threads to spout your uninformed/memeshit opinion fixed?

"Hey guys, I also said something! Am I relevant yet? Guiz??"
>>
>>291152031
I love this meme. thanks /v/.
>>
Cant leddit get the fuck out of here? if you want shitters then >>vg
>>
>>291152475
he's going to post a picture of someone asleep at a keyboard, it's going to be so funny.
>>
>>291150717
I've been searching for a solution and seems like there is no fast way to change the icons.
CCP Optimal and his new icons can suck my tiny dick.
>>
>>291152625
I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>291152332
Goons stopped being good guys after BOB went under, they literally become the BOB.

On that note getting into claim alliance is the worst mistake you can make in eve. I was in Solar Fleet back at the time when RED was still a thing, never again.
>>
>>291152619
The VG general sucks. I already explained that the reddit boards exist purely for recruiting purposes. All the organizations with the exception of brave run internal forums.
>>
>>291150963

GSF is not the same beast it was during the great war/ red swarm era. They are not the complete 'we are super shit and have no idea' group anymore, anyone who started with them back then has a toon 7+ years old now, they just simply are not the same as they were.

The success is from great teamwork and leadership herding the thousands of cats and alliances together into the largest blob, a symptom of the game and humanity. Someone had to do it and it was them.
>>
>>291152332
I see lots of people blaming the nullblobs for ruining the game, or blaming them for the dire state of nullsec. the way I see it, they are just a result of shit game, it's up to CCP to change the game so this kind of enormous blobfaggotry alliance of alliances shit not be desirable. it's so retarded hearing people say we all need to have some kind of goodfights agreement and split everything up. the game should force it to happen through actual mechanics, scarcity, difficulty in keeping a big empires together, skill being relevant in pvp, that sort of good shit we all talk about. not saying you guys aren't fags though.
>>
>>291153138
How are we bob? We're unsoving an entire region right now and giving another one away to a newbie organization.

It's really a bad comparison. Neither the gameplay style nor the culture are similar in the slightest. Except for being the biggest player around they don't have much in common.
>>
>>291153138
>Goons stopped being good guys after BOB went under, they literally become the BOB.
that's not fair. SirMolle didn't achieve half of what Mittani's done in EVE and never with as much flair and self-deprecation
>>
>>291153306
There are not THAT many corps in the CFC and we frequently purge to "trim down the fat".

It is more than just herding players together.
>>
>>291152029

I think there's just two camps of people on that issue, ones who join the larger group/winning team simply because they want to be on the winning team. And the other camp that hates that sort of bandwagon.
>>
>>291153320
People who complain about that should play on the chinese server.

They achieved the full blue donut. Yay!

Things are going to get flipped on their head with fozziesov though.
>>
>>291153721
I remember laughing about how terrible the chinese server is

>lol they only have 3 alliances in the entier game!

TQ has been no better for a long time
>>
>>291153665
I ALWAYS join the underdog in any game. I have been disgusted by people joining the winning team ever since I started playing 1.6 like a hundred years ago.

I justified my being in goons with them being so hated. This way I can still feel like a space hipster and still play in the big alliance.

I think it's less people in the CFC with the mindset you just described than you think. We're actually just fun to play with. Winning is a side product of having a solid leadership with a plan.

And it's not like we're at war all the time. There was a year of peace before the fountain invasion. Most of the activity outside of that has little to do with how big or small the CFC is. A 15 man roam is a 15 man roam whether you're a goon or not.
>>
>>291154120
and I'm disgusted by people who just call it '1.6'.
>>
>>291154268
That's what most people here in germany call it. Eins Punkt Sechs
>>
>>291133094
>In traditional leveling systems, there's progression
>In Eve, there's a skill queue or else no progression
The ships are balanced around max stats.
>>
>>291154712
why do you think that, and what bearing does it have on anything
>>
>>291153320

You'd need to change humanity banding together. Small group incentives might be there for a while, but people will slowly become complacent and just want to work together. You'd need to make moo goo chaotic (but then there might become dealings to trade what is needed around), or create other reasons for both small and large groups to be at each others throats, which is hard to do in a game like this.

How you break people banding together is the real issue, but even if you create in game mechanics that penalized large groups, they'd either just use out of game methods to go around that negative, blue each other (and if the act of bluing adds to that penalization, then you'd just make sure everyone doesn't shoot ticker XXXX on some updated google doc). The game might be known for players that are massive douches and shit you can't do in other games but a large portion of null blocks are null bears who want little part in that, and they are sometimes the larger weight of coalitions.

What's kept things going is an age old hatred, but that's only kept by a few with new blood not buying into the old war story, and the game needs a new Steve/first titan level event, aka player owned stargates.
>>
>>291154812
Because flying something well has no relation with how much is played. Nothing affects fitted stats except non-interaction and real money.
>>
>>291154816
We just see N3 and their renters completely failscading, us at the CFC restructuring and PL maybe leaving sov entirely.

I don't think there will be a lack of war in summer.
>>
>>291154120
>Winning is a side product of having a solid leadership with a plan.

This is exactly why post BOB goons a shit. They turned into maximum serious business corporate bullshit, no spirit of old goons left. No "we shit and we know we shit, but fuck it, here 200 rifters for your fleet and our scout on megatron."
>>
>>291154816
Guess off-grid boosting is without option for a fix as well.

Bonuses can reward playing in small groups; it's pretty simple.
>>
>>291154712
>In Eve, there's a skill queue or else no progression
As a working class peasant I appreciate the ability to have the same leveling speed as everybody else despite the amount of time I have to play.

I liked playing as a station trader before I unsubbed. Brought my 250mil up to 2bil but I felt like I wasn't making it fast enough to justify the monthly fee.
>>
>not joining PIZZA
>>
File: eve online threads.png (78 KB, 661x716) Image search: [Google]
eve online threads.png
78 KB, 661x716
>Karmafleet
>>
>>291155134

I despise current goons because they became exactly like the BoB they wanted removed.
>>
>>291155276
Well the working class would benefit from the truth that stats are locked at 50-75% effectiveness without investing money or lots of play for covering the sub.

The game is awful for fresh introduction and play.
>>
>>291155134
>>291155351
Here's the thing: Goons are still shit, but somehow, everyone else in EVE is even more shit.

Food for thought...
>>
>>291154816
you make it sound so difficult. I'm not talking about retarded gamey bullshit like making it cost money to set standings or put stacking penalties on shooting people. I'm talking about making it so player skill actually matters in fleet fights, and having some kind of scarcity, so you wouldn't actually want to band together with a bunch of retarded scrubs, big groups would actually want to cut the fat, because it would be profitable for them. part of what gryscale (rip) wanted to do was make holding vast areas of space very difficult. unfortunately ccp pussied out and didn't touch jump freighters, so it didn't happen, but you should be able to see what he was going for.
>>
>>291155134
We had plenty of brave refugees expressing how happy they are now having a leadership structure like ours.

You also need to consider that 90% of the content happens within the SIGs and Squads. All the serious tactics and the dunk/blueball meta is only used during actual wars.

Plus we still do stuff like burn jita and once a year shoot ourselves in memory of vile rat creating more losses than the enemy ever could.
>>
File: 6333.jpg (49 KB, 309x312) Image search: [Google]
6333.jpg
49 KB, 309x312
>>291155310
>All-Out
rip
>>
File: 14284921458.jpg (110 KB, 1275x721) Image search: [Google]
14284921458.jpg
110 KB, 1275x721
Because WoW features more PvP
>>
BoB was getting bored. Sirmolle was spending the corp money to buy cars. Mittani metagamed EvE and pressed a button. Goons took over the dick competition.
>>
>>291155773
why do people still talk about bob? do you realise how long ago that was?
>>
>>291125798
I don't want to spend money on a subscription based game, even for a few months
Even if it's a "spreadsheet simulator", it seems like the single best sandbox MMO out there
>>
>>291155516
And the ultra rich have more money to make money with than new people as well.

New players aren't competing against the elite
>>
>>291155773
more like RMT'ing alliance funds to buy plane tickets to the US to meet his 40 year-old internet girlfriend lmao
>>
>>291155748
People kill NPCs because that's one way to finance your PvP.
I don't see how it surprises you that the killed NPC number is higher.

I have seen a lot of stupid shit being said about eve but you're the first one complaining about a lack of PvP. Good job.
>>
>>291155903
I'm sorry. A lot of players are able to plex their accounts but that's not something everyone accomplishes reliably.
>>
>>291155618

Good news, brave might be betraying their origin and going full dictator, dropping the 'council voting system'. But I think the system was interesting from the outside, but clearly manipulable. I just don't think Lychton is a good leader overall. If he changes his perceived persona from 'that drunk noob that can't lead fleets, yet alone navigate his own space' to 'full blown dictator' it might be a culture shock or betrayal of what they are.

Their leadership/voting council seems to be made up of people with more than 2 years in game, so decisions are better made as a group with the figure head announcing them. But from their minutes they seem to take weeks or months to get some shit done, could just be that they lack the professional IT army of larger and older groups, thus everything relies on a small group.

Same goes for anyone who become prominent in brave, they get poached for their skills or assets.
>>
>>291156158
>>>291128450
>>
>>291125798
I dunno, aren't EVE's player numbers trending downwards? Why should I join a game with its glory days behind it?
>>
File: 1423621570525.png (56 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1423621570525.png
56 KB, 803x688
>>291125798
Whoa whoa whoa.
Nice slave recruitment you got there pal.
Don't forget to tell them about daily call to arms or mining in order to not get kicked and about following the skill learning plan in order to not get kicked and being online often to not get kicked and having 15%+ bounty tax.
>>
>>291156472
eve has never been better than it is now.
>>
>>291156326
Lychton is a shit leader but all their council system does is promote E-Drama and people in positions of authority that are popular as opposed to competent.

The fact that they still don't have proper forums also shows.
>>
File: D.png (9 KB, 599x80) Image search: [Google]
D.png
9 KB, 599x80
>>291156472
Yes.
>>
>>291156472
They've been trending upwards for years. I think the only dip has been after the huge mass of players joined during the "This is Eve" stream.

Lot's of people resubbing too as a result of recent and impending changes.

I meant what I said in the OP. It's a good time to start playing.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.