[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://archive.today/UlrVL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: r9-rance-and-siera.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
r9-rance-and-siera.png
1 MB, 1366x768
Didn't see a thread in the catalog or archive.
>MangaGamer recently conducted a survey in which they asked their fans a number of questions regarding the kinds of visual novels they play, and what titles they’d like to see localized into English. Now, they’ve published the results of that survey on their blog (NSFW). Let’s start with the games most requested by fans:
1 Fate/Stay Night
2 Majikoi series
3 Baldr series
4 Muv-Luv series
5 Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
6 Shin Koihime Musou
7 Rance series
8 Flowers
9 White Album 2
10 Little Busters
>Moving along, MangaGamer also shared some information on the demographics that took the survey. The major takeaway is that visual novels in the West are played primarily by men in the college age-range. 73% of respondents were male, while 23.5% were female, and overall 86% were between the ages of 18-30, with 62.5% being 18-24. Female fans skewed younger, with 13% of female respondents being between 13 and 17 years, while only 3.8 male respondents fell into that age range.
>Unsurprisingly, the older consumers also bought more games. Those in the 13-17 range were likely to buy one title (or less) a year, while the older 18-24 bracket indicated that they were more likely to buy two or more visual novels every year. Interestingly, those over 30 are significantly more likely to buy six or more titles every year, which sort of makes them the whales of the visual novel industry.
>Survey respondents also indicated that “story” [insert plot joke] and “art” were the most important factors to them, although art held more sway with women than men. For guys, the third most important factor was erotic content, while in the case of women, it was the characters and sexuality options. Interestingly, more women also indicated that they prefer to use MACs rather than Windows PCs.
>>
>There are a lot more interesting tidbits in the complete results blog post, so if you’re interested in seeing what the hardcore visual novel market likes, I would recommend giving it a read (once again, NSFW). Now, excuse me while I pour one out for poor Mahou Tsukai no Yoru, which unfortunately did not make the top-10 list.

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2015/03/10/2015-licensing-survey-results/
>>
>men get their news from 4chan/other
>women tumblr

>most women that took the survery are girls bellow 18

wat
>>
>>287226932
>not that VN that's apparently impossible to translate
Jesus fuck, these casuals.
>>
>>287227197
They have all-ages (i.e. no R-18 content) games.
>>
>>287227430
Which one is that again?
Aren't there like 50 of those?
>>
>>287227717
/jp/ told me Soukou Akki Muramasa is high tier impossible to translate without losing meaning.
>>
>>287228068
Why's that? Some sort of "implied" dialects or some shit?
>>
>requesting already fan translated vns
>requesting already licensed vns
Are fans of the medium brain damaged?
>>
>>287228404
muh steam release
>>
>>287228250
Archaic Japanese, college level words which apparently makes for a pretty advanced read.
>>
>>287228438
muh censorship
muh complaints
muh boycott
>>
>>287228438
Umineko, F/SN, and Little Busters are the only ones there that could be even be released on Steam without being being so completely butchered that they wouldn't even be the same game anymore. Games like Rance, WA2, and MLA have sex and h-scenes that are extremely important to the plot.
>>
File: B_-qnbbUYAAq-0R.jpg (30 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
B_-qnbbUYAAq-0R.jpg
30 KB, 600x450
>>287228536
das supah dum
>>
File: lbHcchL[1].jpg (352 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
lbHcchL[1].jpg
352 KB, 5000x5000
>tfw EOPs will NEVER EVER get Muramasa
>tfw EOPs will NEVER EVER get Asairo or Itsusora
>tfw EOPs will NEVER EVER get Baldr series
>tfw EOPs will NEVER EVER get Dies Irae, KKK or Senshinkan
>tfw EOPs will NEVER EVER get Pricchi, KuruKuru or Hanahime
>>
>>287228404
Fate/Stay Night has an incredibly shitty translation but nobody wants to retranslate it because "it's already translated" even though everyone wants one that's not shit.

As for the Rance series, that's sadly impossible because Alicesoft hates foreigners.
>>
>Liarsoft was their 6th most popular brand even though MG hasn't even released any of their titles yet

Hopefully they'll get the #1 spot they deserve after Gahkthun is out.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.