[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monster Hunter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: charge blade.png (827 KB, 733x878) Image search: [Google]
charge blade.png
827 KB, 733x878
Why haven't you accepted CB as your Lord and Savior yet, /v/?

>Muh reach
>Muh damage
>Muh high skill ceiling
>Muh clear times

Anyone who doesn't believe that the CB Is the best weapon is deluding themselves out of jealousy.
I'm mostly joking, although I really do love this weapon. None of the others have clicked nearly as well, and I say that as a veteran player. I think I'm in love.
>>
>>287220508
I love my GS. Yeah it's an easy weapon but the feeling of getting a lv. 3 charge and cutting that annoying tail off feels so fucking good. Have a friend that love CB and seeing him blast the monster fave off is pretty awesome.
>>
File: amatsu24.jpg (109 KB, 825x504) Image search: [Google]
amatsu24.jpg
109 KB, 825x504
>>
>>287220742
No weapon is easy, dont listen to /v/

Any good hunter knows every weapon and uses different ones for specific monsters
>>
I love the CB so much in theory, but nearly every person I have seen use it, without fail, tends to be a casual scrub, a tryhard who isn't actually knowledgeable, or the common "I USE LITERALLY EVERYTHING", where they actually just use every weapon across the board anyways.

It has so many cool designs, but holy shit is everybody using them a complete faggot.
>>
>>287220742
GS takes skill, don't put yourself down. The only hunters I won't tolerate in my halls are wapons elitists that would kick someone for using a weapon they don't like.
>>
>>287220742
If you want to get really good with GS it actually isn't that easy.
You want to be able to Lv3 charge and predict the monster running into your blade.
>>
I use CB for fun, mostly. It's so damn satisfying to hit the super burst thingy, but otherwise I suck with it.
>>
File: 1384761044364.png (35 KB, 298x246) Image search: [Google]
1384761044364.png
35 KB, 298x246
>>287220779
>Amatsu not in MH4
>The game that actually has aerial combat
>>
>>287220508
Because 90% of the people using them are complete retards
I've been launched by one to many Ultra bursts even after telling the cunts to stop doing it. They don't even attempt to aim it at the head
and I'm saying this as a CB player myself
HBG for life
>>
File: RAMIREZ, TAKE OUT THAT REICH.jpg (91 KB, 897x1495) Image search: [Google]
RAMIREZ, TAKE OUT THAT REICH.jpg
91 KB, 897x1495
I just finished making a poison SnS. I had to kill the Gycpceros like 8 times to get the poison sacks, but still.

Is there a list of monsters that poison is good against? I tried looking on one of the wikis, but half of the links are broken, or lead to empty pages.
>>
>>287220926
That's to be expected though. CB and IG are the new hotness so everyone wants to try them out, and that means a higher percentage of unskilled users. Practice makes perfect, and with the new weapons it's easy to see the desparity between a new player and a 3 generation lance veteran.
>>
>>287221172
big usually equals weak to poison. Otherwise, it generally does pretty good damage on anything that isnt immune to it.
>>
>>287221038
I like to preload my shield and phials at the start of the quest and then smack the monster with the ultra burst when I find them and they're still in caution mode. Great way to start any fight with a bang.
>>
>>287220963
Never got kicked but hardly ever play with random people online. I'm a scared hunter both for me sucking and me ranging over others.
>>287221010
Still working on that but for the most part I can tend to get the three hit combo with the level 3 charge.
>>
File: RYNZFTI.png (4 MB, 2525x4873) Image search: [Google]
RYNZFTI.png
4 MB, 2525x4873
>>287221172
http://i.imgur.com/RYNZFTI.png
>>
>>287221258
I've never actually seen something immune to poison, Gypceros, etc all seem to be poisonable.
>>
How the fuck do I beat silver rathalos on that caravan quest. I've went through all the caravan quests like they were nothing, but this silver rathalos just wrecks my shit.
>>
File: 1425203969968.png (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1425203969968.png
86 KB, 500x500
I'm starting to get a feel for Gunlance and with Wide 2 I can stick to shelling but 40 minutes on Red Khezu is terrible.
>>
>>287221394
Is there a key for the numbers? Like, is a larger number on poison better or worse?
>>
I like blastblight on GS because it affects everyone and love the blast with a level 3 charge if done right
>>
>>287220508
I used it exclusively for a while until I picked up a great sword again. GS was my main in FU and 3U and looks like it'll stay that way in 4U. CB is pretty fun though, need to get back to it and get the parts to upgrade the one I was using.
>>
Is the SA old and busted?
I haven't met another one online at all and I'm kinda surprised.
I-It's still fun guys, I promise... ;_;
>>
>>287221553
Bigger is better. The chart is very much just a quick reference. For better details, download Ping's MH4G Dex which links every little detail.
>>
>>287220508
It's a great weapon, but later in the game its too rng dependant, even with guard +2

It's sad that only 4 blademaster weapons are really viable in the game
>>
>>287221729
Thank you for the tips man.

I'll go look for that thing now.

I just want to know what I should use my IG on, and what I should use my poison SnS on.
>>
>>287221551
shell type doesnt matter much nigga, the combos are still the same

> I can stick to shelling

doing it wrong
>>
>>287221717
No, it's still good.

While I'm currently discovering how fucking fun dual blades are, switch axe is my go-to for tail cuts and long reach. Also them sword combos and discharges.
>>
>>287220508
was maining this until i tried dual blades. shit is way more fun.
>>
>>287221948
>>287221971
dualbladefun mind
>>
>>287221717
Still loving the SA.

I'm mainly using it solo, though. LBGing online.
>>
>>287221534
Flash fucking bombs. Casing + Thunderbug. You're at the point in the game where you bring stuff to combine so you can use more of it. Trap tools + nets for multiple pitfalls.

If it's in the air, don't bother attacking unless you can guarantee a mount strike. Most attacks bounce on him except for legs, wings, and the very tip of the tail. It's a patient fight, you've got 50 minutes.
>>
>>287221717
No they just did the complete opposite to what SA really needed in gen 4
Axe mode should have been buffed and revamp the play style to switching between axe and sword mode instead of
>enter sword mode
>XAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXA
>win
>>
>>287221662
I kinda had the opposite experience. I've been using CB exclusively but was trying out some other weapons today, particularly Lance. I just couldn't get a feel for it at all. I then went back to my old standby, the SnS, and was a lot more successful. But I just couldn't get into the rhythm as well as with the CB. All the practice is finally paying off, as I can now hit those guardpoints reliably and know how/when to use both modes of the weapon.
>>
>>287221551
>I can stick to shelling
That's fine and all, but make sure you tag them with Wyvernfire as much as you can, and charged shots very frequently. Regular shots aren't doing much of much.
>>
what are goods skills for a hunting horn, I got honed blade and maestro, anything else i should go for?
>>
>>287222189
This is why I don't like to play with randoms at all

>Traps
>Flash bombs
>Someone puts a monster to sleep and people rush to either do a small attack on them or put down bombs
>IGs that only vault
>>
>>287221796
>only 4 blademaster weapons are viable
This isn't a moba. Player skill is more important than relative weapon strength.
>>
>>287222189
I use SnS and the fight just drags and drags on. It pisses me off because I can dodge almost all of his shit until he does something like
>Roar and then immediately attack
>shoots fire while in the air and the wings push me into the blast when I roll away
>>
>>287222251
Guardpoints make the CB more than anything else. I've stunned and even killed monsters with it reliably except for the few that are just fuckers all around (fuck Brachydios). For people that are getting used to it: Practice on Tigrex, he's got the easiest tells IMO and his charges make great timing practice.
>>
File: 1338074371193.jpg (53 KB, 410x308) Image search: [Google]
1338074371193.jpg
53 KB, 410x308
>Gore/Rath/whatever aerial dives straight into a guard point and KO's itself

There's no better feeling, except for maybe the ultra burst to the dome that follows immediately after.
>>
>>287222348
What are you supposed to do when a monster goes to sleep besides set up bombs?
>>
Mained GL last gen but decided to give HH a go. Now I can't stop playing my shitty little songs and breakdancing on these faggot monster faces.
>>
>>287222251
Guardpoints are the one thing I'm still not good at, I know you simply press R+X when an attack is about to hit, or the switch out of axe mode with R to get the one at the end of it, but I never really get the opportunity to do it, because my Souls reflexes kick in and I roll like a konchu on crack most of the time. I've just not ever had a reason to actually use the guardpoint technique, although I've pulled it off plenty of times unintentionally.
>>
>>287222552
let the gs dude charge up a level 3 on its face!
>>
>>287221629
Blast and Para are super satisfying on a GS, the blasts are free burst damage and break parts, para is basically a free lvl3 charge combo
>>
>>287221551
Anon, I'm pretty sure you're just using regular shelling. Wide shot gets a 1.45 bonus to charge shot, use it often.
Also, be sure to get artillery god as a skill. You can wyvern fire every 80 seconds, as well as stronger shelling.
>>
>>287222493
I swear, a good wind resistance charm is almost as valuable as a good handicraft one. Roars I can usually see coming, but when some bullshit wind hitbox leaves me open for an eternity, I get really pissed.
>>
>>287221394
So sonic bombs don't work on akantor anymore
>>
>>287222541
Oh god, the hitstop when the ultra burst connects with the monster's face and the explosions that follow, if I had a dick I'd be rock hard every time.
>>
>>287222589
This is totally my thing right now too. I have most stuff down with my CB but I still cant do guard stuff very well. I can dodge alright, but a proper block I just suck at. I'm sure I'll have it after like a few more quests, but still.. I got my ass shrekt by some of the big monsters trying to get some simple small goldenfish. Fucker wouldnt leave me alone and I suck.
>>
>>287222624
The bomb explosions are a tiny bit delayed, when the GS attacks through them the blade will connect with the monster before the bombs explode
>>
File: 1423268578468.jpg (32 KB, 417x407) Image search: [Google]
1423268578468.jpg
32 KB, 417x407
>mfw powersaved the game and got x99 items and a rare 1 charm with +10 edgemaster and +15 hearing

Everytime i get in a room someone gets mad at me, its great
>>
>>287222929
This is good. Late HR GS's outdamage bombs with a lvl3
>>
>>287222774
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

I generally prefer Impact CBs, but the multiple explosions from an Elemental CB's full phile ultra burst is jizz inducing.
>>
I honestly haven't even played it, I don't even know where to start. I hear stuff about guard points and whatnot but I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing when I use the thing.
>>
>>287222929
i didnt say anything about putting bombs down, nerd
>>
>>287223000
The damage is astounding but I just personally cannot give up that sexy KO
>>
>>287222948
That's cool, what are you hunting?
>>
>>287222331
I'm still debating on whether or not maestro is even worth it. Longer buffs would be nice but I feel like it would be better to just suck it, slap an extra skill on, and just get used to the rock star lifestyle.
>>
>>287222774
god I fucking hate women
>>
File: Ayyyyy.png (18 KB, 174x134) Image search: [Google]
Ayyyyy.png
18 KB, 174x134
>>287222541
>Transform from axe to sword as a Zinogre leaps away
>He turns and instantly leaps right back at me hitting the guardpoint
>QUEST COMPLETE
I swear the guardpoints are OP, I'll shield punch a nigger in the head all day and not get a KO but the instant he hits my shield he's out like a light
>>
>>287223084
I hunt whatever my friends need, I just did the last aged text quest with a friend of mine, Dios + Stiggy in the arena is fun
>>
>>287223063
Agreed. If there's a hammer or HH user in the party though, I'll usually take an elemental CB and let them handle the KOing.
>>
>>287223050
A. use sword mode to build up phials
B. cancel an AED with R to gain shield boost
C. build more phials
D. axe mode when you get an opening

This is the basic overview of CB. From there it's all a game of balancing building phials and burning them, while using the guard points to counter everything that would otherwise impede this process
>>
>>287222981
>Implying
2 LB+ will outperform that shit nigga.
>>
>>287223118
I have a lot of trouble timing Axe with monsters like Zinogre. I can never land the full combo, and I usually get it.
>>
>>287221094
They put it in the 10th anniversary video, so apparently they haven't completely forgotten about it

Would have made for a much better caravan final boss instead of the battlequarters tutorial
>>
>>287223265
I highly doubt 2 LB+ outperform a triple charge from a weapon with 300+ true attack value
>>
>>287223093
Extra minutes on every song you do gives you so much extra time to not have to play more songs

>>287223265
You only get sleep bonus on a single attack. One Brazenwall w/ white / Steve GS lvl 3 outdamage one lbb+. Nobody said you had to choose one or the other either. Lay bombs AND have a GS detonate for maximum damage
>>
Well, /v/ today I did the HH golf swing on a balled up konchu and it shot across the stage and smacked congalala right on the ass. My finest Monster Hunter achievement.
>>
>>287223000
I haven't used elemental CBs yet, are they actually stronger than impact, damage wise? KO is nice because you can spam the shit out of phials while they're down, but if elemental does a shitload of damage...

>>287223101
if it's any consolation, I've never rolled a female hunter, I have always made a male hunter with the gruff battlescarred old man face.
>>
>>287223264
I find building up two full charges of phials first works best. You store five then get charge the shield when you have another 5 ready to be stored. It has a much better "flow."
>>
>>287221394
It should be noted in this image the Pitfall Traps don't work on Ranjang when he is in his normal form, only super sayian.
>>
>>287223328
Don't worry, Its not gonna get better, unless you play with 4 randoms that all they do is vault or trapping, the weapon is too rng dependant because you need to commit too much, later in the game you will realize that GPing a lvl 140 monster will be matter of luck
>>
>>287223431
That does damage to monsters?
>>
>>287223462
yeah, that's what I do as well, although you run the risk of hitting overcharge and bouncing during critical moments, leaving you open.
>>
>>287223431
Guess you can say that was a hole in one.
>>
>>287223462
I hold shield boost as the topmost priority for CB at all times. I want to be ready and able to guardpoint at any time. I rarely even do SAED because I can't give up shield boost. That's probably the thing I need to work on most of all is recognizing when it's really worth it to blow my load. The damage loss from having to build phials again instead of having phials AND shield to smack monsters with is just too much
>>
>>287223438
There's a bit of a difference, the main one being the after bursts of an elemental CB's ultra burst. For every extra phial you use up there seems to be an added shockwave, up to four I believe. I haven't done any formal testing or anything, but it does appear to make a difference damage wise. Plus it just looks fucking awesome when you successfully hit the whole thing.
>>
>>287223551
Everything that does damage does damage to monsters. The only friendly fire that is ignored is hunter to hunter
>>
>>287223438

I forget actual numbers, but elemental bursts from CB are something like three times as powerful as impact bursts. Targeting an elemental weak point with the correct element is some seriously obscene damage, but it's harder to gain the opening because you can't KO.
>>
>>287223551
He didn't even flinch. I was pretty disappointed.
>>
>>287222103
I tried SA, while I had fun with the weapon my kill times were shit
>>
>Using IG
>Monster is weak
>I shoot my bug at it to get some juice so I can finish it off
>Bug hits its face
>Breaks its jaw
>And kills it
>My face when

just the thought of some giant dragon looking monster dying because a bug hit it in the face is hilarious.
>>
>>287223710
But I didn't know a flying konchu even had a hitbox.
>>
>>287220886
Fuck that, a good hunter adapts to the situation with a different weapon. A great hunter can wreck anything with any weapon.
>>
Does anyone have any tips on what my gameplan should be with Longsword?

Like, against stronger monsters, how long should my attack chains roughly be? I'm having trouble hitting maximum spirit power at the moment as I'm used to weapons that can guard, so to evade I roll far out of the way. Do I just have to focus on dodging while staying close to the monster?
>>
>>287223762
I once cut a monsters tail by hitting it with a bug. That was hilarious. Guess the bugs are stronger than they seem
>>
>>287223762
I've killed Dah'ren Mohran with my kinsect before.

Of course I was just collecting juice and it fucking flopped out of bounds
>>
I need help choosing a low rank LBG and a low rank Normal HBG. I'm doing the kutku/velociprey hybrid set for the attack up L, but I'm not sure what LBG to go for to take advantage of it. Already have my pierce HBG going.
>>
>>287223756
How short a time does it have to be considered 'decent'?
>>
>>287223724
I believe a stand impact explosion is .05 true raw, .1 as part of an AED/SAED, while element is .3 as part of an AED/SAED, again, per phial

This is on top of the .25+.99+1.00 that is the SAED attack itself
>>
FRIENDLY TIP: When fighting multiple monsters with frenzy, you can attack the corpse of an already defeated large monster to gain immunity to the virus. Useful for when the first asshole infects you with monster AIDs right before you kill it.
>>
>>287223639
you can cancel the super AED into a normal AED by pulling back on the stick and hitting X during the windup, this only spends one phial instead of consuming all 5, but as you can imagine this shortens the time your shield stays charged

>>287223705
>>287223724
I see, so if you've got the right elemental CB that the monster is weak to and you smack them in the face with the super AED, then it definitely outclasses impact.

>>287223863
learn when to fade slash and when to roll, ideally you should be using fade slash to evade, and the hit R to go back into the fray with a spirit combo, if you've got enough gauge to do it.
>>
>>287224021
You can also just hit any small monsters in the zone to try and overcome the frenzy too.
>>
>>287220508
is it just me? every time i use the lance and gunlance in mhfu/p3rd i feel like i do nothing and the monster just suddenly dies without me breaking anything
>>
Reminder to NOT sell your Silver and Gold Eggs

You might regret it later

Despite the description, they are actually of GREAT use to a hunter
>>
>>287223639
I like to use Focus to build charge faster. There are some instances where a single charged A move gets Red gauge instantly so I follow up with X+A to X+A to Shield Boost. Also makes it so I'm not afraid to shield boost with only 3 phials ready since the phials come easy.

Yes the regular burst gets you better dps in the long run but sometimes a good ultra is necessary to blow off steam, especially if you can GOTCHABITCH it.
>>
>>287223968
Probably under 10 minutes for most monsters.
>>
>>287224069
I know you can cancel SAED to AED. I do it almost exclusively. This doesn't reduce shield boost time though, not sure where you're getting that. Anyway my issue with my playstyle is that I don't believe I should be neglecting the SAED completely, but I am
>>
>>287224021
>>287224089
>The only way to overcome dragon cancer is to mutilate corpses and commit genocide.
>>
>got a 1820 raw damage hammer with 440 thunder, 3 slots and big ass chunk of purple with S+1

Too bad hammering sucks in this game once you get into 126+ guild quests, might as well do way more damage with a GS without worrying too much about rng
>>
File: 1426045286169.png (2 MB, 1585x1124) Image search: [Google]
1426045286169.png
2 MB, 1585x1124
>>287224163
>under10 minutes
>under 10
I hope you aren't talking about G rank
>>
>>287223980
so that is significantly more damage in exchange for not being able to KO. I may need to start using the elemental CBs I've been stockpiling.

>>287224195
same philosophy as with a level 3 GS charge, you do it when you have a big enough opening. besides, if you're playing it right phials come easy, I can get back to charged shield + full red phial gauge in like 10 seconds
>>
>>287224127
REALLY?!!!! OH WOW!!11111
>>
>>287224360
Yeah, G rank stuff is also possible under 8 minutes with 2 people, and without having to abuse mounts or traps, what's your point?
>>
File: 1421917028417.jpg (380 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1421917028417.jpg
380 KB, 1920x1080
I dunno. I've been using the Cb exclusively and will continue to do so but I'm not really feelin it to be honest. Guardpoints are cool but I feel like I'm just doing the same thing on every monster, getting under it and going ham in axe mode. I almost never use the AEDs cause I whiff them too often, I just try and keep my shield stocked.
Plus fighting Raths in this game make me miss being a gunner. Jesus fucking christ I can't do anything to them without them either tapping me with their knees or blowing me back with wind, were they ALWAYS that annoying?
>>
>>287224520
Guard point directly to AED. You'll have plenty of opportunities to punish fireballs/bites/etc
>>
Eh. I like the IG due to the mobility. I also have SA as a mainstay.
>>
>>287224337
Are high level guild quests even worth it? Everything I hear about them makes them out to be maximum bullshit of the fully intentional variety.
>>
>>287224467
I thought you meant solo, and as an average like every time getting around 7 minutes.
>>
>>287224639
You get the best equipment from there, and also the greatest charms, that's the "post-game" content I guess, Monsters go crazy after level 126 quests, and that's when you realize some weapons suck in comparasion of others

>>287224643
while possible, it depends on the weapon, the monster and rng
>>
>>287224820
>You get the best equipment from there, and also the greatest charms
isn't that shit completely random though? Sounds like a nightmare.
>>
File: 1362928943031.jpg (87 KB, 416x487) Image search: [Google]
1362928943031.jpg
87 KB, 416x487
>finally get to fight diablos in 4U yesterday
>mfw I main CB in this game
Somehow blos are nowhere near as intimidating as they were before.
Except white monoblos fucks you up with the U-turn if you gp its charge attack.
>>
>>287224897
Charms? yes, Equipment depends on the quest, the quest description says what you can get, but while you can get a hammer with 1900 raw damage and 3 slots and natural purple, you can also get 300 raw damage, 10 element that you need to awake and 0 slots
>>
>>287224976
Monoblos's goofy half circle charge is so god damn annoying.
>>
Is there any argument at all for why Hammer takes skill
>>
>>287223406
I don't think even the highest GS damage could out perform 8LB+(2 from each of the 4 hunters).

best case is to have the bombs wake the monster while the GS goes for a part that still needs breaking(generally to avoid risk of bomb knocking them back).
>>
>>287223421
>Stack bombs
>All bombs get the damage bonus
There's a reason people put a mountain of that shit all on top of each other nigga.
>>
File: 1293476330284.png (155 KB, 659x687) Image search: [Google]
1293476330284.png
155 KB, 659x687
>>287225143
>>
>>287224612
In G rank a lot of monsters are really sped up, so there are much less opportunities to do that, but roars usually take as long as before, so if you're well positioned when a roar comes you can ensure a KO on the monster (provided you have 5 phials and the monster's KO threshold hasn't increased yet).

Otherwise your best bets at KOing the monster is actually keeping the status attack pressure on the head with shield thrusts and gp's as you stick to its head, and occasional regular axe discharges when it's tripped.
>>
File: wallpaper-752943.jpg (207 KB, 621x839) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-752943.jpg
207 KB, 621x839
>>287225143
I can't into the hammer. I tried it a few times in the demo and I had no idea what the fuck I was doing.
>>
>>287220508
I'm not high enough in MH yet to actually get good practice out of the CB, but when I get there, I'll be working my butt off to get the techs down.
>>
>>287225293

I feel like that about most weapons. But damn, I gotta learn to play them at some point. I said I'd move on to SA but I don't have a great one yet.
>>
>>287225229

It's because more bombs mean more damage, it doesn't mean it gets the bonus.

Think about how fucking broken it would be if all those bombs got the damage boost.
>>
>>287225091
Circles aren't any danger, but white monoblos does a really quick 180 degree turn after a straight charge and shove its horn deep up your ass. Maybe I was doing something wrong, since it's my first time fighting a white one, but it seemed that if you guard against the first hit, taking the second is unavoidable.
>>
>>287224127
They going to be used for some bullshit event armour or something? None of the wikis/the dex have any uses listed for them.
>>
>>287225372
New anon barging in here, what hunter rank are you?
>>
>>287225402
>Think about how fucking broken it would be if all those bombs got the damage boost.

3600 damage in a game where the average monster has 4-5k health. In short so unbelievably broken there's no way it's the case
>>
>>287225189
If I remember right, damage from bombs also scale down the more bombs explode around an AoE, that used to be a thing on FU if i remember right, also, 1 bomb will cause the wake up, the rest will just do same damage, so while a bomb will do x2 times more damage, the rest will be the same

Crit draw on a 340+ true attack value GS, plus purple sharpness multiplier that is around 1.44 i think, yeah, i highly doubt those will outdamage GS triple charge
>>
>>287225458
He's kidding, they exist only to be sold.
>>
>>287225402
I have no idea how priority would work if all the bombs are stacked in place and all go off at the same time, I guess it's whichever bomb gets hit by the rock/bullet first and goes off, which sets the others off.

It's still an assload of damage, more than anything a single player can dish out.
>>
>>287225497

Right now, I'm HR 108. The best I have is the Seregios GS, it has purple sharpness but it doesn't benefit from the roll sharpen. Also have that Gogmazios one, but it's not that great.
>>
File: 1419288944621.jpg (19 KB, 271x305) Image search: [Google]
1419288944621.jpg
19 KB, 271x305
REMOVE GRAVIOS
>>
>>287225531
Somebody did the math already. Diablos GS crit lvl 3 does roughly double damage of a LBB+

That was assuming bombs do triple sleep damage while weapons do double. I'm still not sure if that's true for 4U or not
>>
File: 1329750747044.jpg (71 KB, 884x657) Image search: [Google]
1329750747044.jpg
71 KB, 884x657
>Kill the G-Ranked Caravan urgent Rajang
>The very thought of trying to farm that thing for horns later

Haha, nope, sorry, never.
>>
File: 1364353827381.jpg (416 KB, 715x928) Image search: [Google]
1364353827381.jpg
416 KB, 715x928
>>287225372
I use a different weapon every game. But something about the hammer didn't click with me at all, I guess I couldn't get into the rhythm of attacking with it. Also cause my initial instinct is to stay away from the head as that's usually a danger zone, but that's where hammers are supposed to aim for.
Most of my friends love it though. Maybe I'm just dumb.

Man I'm really lacking in art of all the weapons too. I swear to god 80% of the shit in my folder is GS.
>>
>>287225610
>whichever bomb gets hit by the rock/bullet first and goes off, which sets the others off.
That's what small bombs are for. They detonate all the big ones at the same time.
>>
>>287225536
Actually, loc lac set uses the steel ones, I think that's the only crafted item that needs them but I could be wrong, would be great if capcom trolled everyone and released an armor set that needed steel silver and gold eggs for every part
>>
>>287225610

Ideally if you had a GS user he would charge his sword into the bombs and the monsters head and blow it up so he gets the damage boost and all the bombs go boom.
>>
>>287225698
>G-rank
>Caravan
>>
What? There are only 4 viable blademaster weapons at level 140?

Let me guess.. GS, lance, gun lance, sword and shield?
>>
>>287225458
IIRC you needed them to make Fate jewels if you wanted a farming set. I recall them needing Steel and Silver eggs in 3U but idk if that's changed.
>>
>>287225143
If you wanna do good damage, without dying to instant charges you will need to be good at hammer, on 126+ quests hammer is just possible to people who know their shit, LR ~ HR hammering is easy, but once monsters sped up, you will not have time to commit to an attack

>>287225696
Sadly, GS diablos is not the strongest GS in the game, what are you talking about? and no, they didn't change the bomb formula at all, even if they do, 1 bomb would do x3 damage while the others would do same damage
>>
File: quit horsing around.png (105 KB, 228x515) Image search: [Google]
quit horsing around.png
105 KB, 228x515
>>287225698
>mfw Apex Rajang while fighting D.Seltas
No. Nope. No thank you.
>>
>>287225760
>He doesn't know!
>>
>>287225760
Are you trying to show off your ignorance, anon?
>>
>>287225760
Confirmed for either not going through the whole Caravan, or not being G-Rank yet.
Reaching G-Rank online unlocks G-Rank Caravan quests in 10*.
>>
>>287225636
You can't go wrong with Stygian
>>
>>287225760
fucking carried shitter
>>
>>287225983
Like 90% of the people in this thread don't worry
>>
>>287225894

>First G-Rank hunt against Seltas
>Apex Rajang storms in
>Expect to have to put up with his shit all through G-Rank
>Never see him again.
>>
>>287225710
>my initial instinct is to stay away from the head as that's usually a danger zone
Regardless if you use a hammer or not, the head is often the weakest spot, so you should be attacking it whenever possible.
>>
>>287225710

Well, I kinda get you, although on a more extreme scale. I can't play anything but GS. I ended up spending 60 hours fighting only Rathian in F2 just so I could get its patterns down, and I sure did get them down, but now I can't play any other weapons. Their flow is way too different, so I play SnS or DB and end up committing way too much, or I play SA or Gunlance and I can never find a spot to get a good attack flow in.
>>
>>287225865
>GS diablos is not the strongest GS in the game
Never said it was. Just that some guy did the math for that example

>and no, they didn't change the bomb formula at all
In FU sleep damage was 3x across the board, in Tri it was 2x across the board. Now every time it comes up in the thread the assertion is that bombs get 3x while weapons get 2x. No clear proof or source given
>>
>>287225894
>>287226045
>apex
It's just a regular rajang. Maybe a golden one, but definitely not apex.
>>
>>287225710
Maybe you just need to git gud
>>
>>287225262
>want to git gud with hammer
>always whirlwind when not meaning to

I'm too impatient to stand still and wait a second before attacking.
>>
>>287226179
it turns apex dude.
>>
>>287226036
Projection is strong with this one.
>>
>>287226179
That faggot is literally everywhere.
>>
>Final village mission is Zinogre, Rajang, and S. Magala
How the fuck do you even hunt 2 monsters let alone 3?
>>
File: 1407054200603.jpg (1 MB, 1329x800) Image search: [Google]
1407054200603.jpg
1 MB, 1329x800
>>287226074
Yeah I figured, I usually only go there if something is knocked over. And generally not in multi since I use the CB and more often than not I'm with a GS, a Hammer, or both and I don't want to fuck them up with the CB's obnoxious axe radius. I'm not sure how well the super armour is for them.

I remember KOing shit with the Bow in 3U though. Once I figured out how to do that I did it as often as I could. i remember one time in G rank fighting Brachy, I got him in a pitfall trap and started arcshotting him, the moment he started the "pull up out of the trap" animation I KO'd him and he fell back in. Felt fucking awesome.
>>
>>287226325
>turns
Then it's definitely not an apex one, because those are permanently in apex state, unless you knock them out with the wystones.
>>
>>287226150
We'll never know unless gateway or some homebrew adds in cheat support so we can get a PSP-gen style numeric HP display onscreen. Only then will we ever be able to get accurate numbers on anything.
>>
>>287226417
See
>>287226383

The purple marking next to the monster means it's Apex.
>>
>>287226393

Don't worry you only fight 2 of them then finish up with a 1v1 with shag mag.
>>
>>287226393
Shaggy appears after you beat the other two.
As for how to do that - git gud or use smoke bombs, silly.
>>
>>287226393
Smoke bombs or run like a pussy.
Rajang and Zinogre have lowered health
>>
>>287226417
nope, it once punched me, went to sleep and then apexed on me as i booked it out of there.

i didnt make it.
>>
>>287226393
Carefully.
It starts with just Zinogre and Rajang, you can either smokebomb it up and kill them individually or bait Rajang into facefucking Zinogre as Ziggy has like no heath. Then after those two are dead Shaggy shows up.

I've tried it a couple of times but I die like a bitch to Rajang.
>>
>>287226484
Yet somehow we have motion values for all the attacks in the game. I never have figured out where we get that shit
>>
>>287226504
Oh, I guess that's a little better.
Still I have a shit ton of trouble killing more than one monster.
It's probably my armor. I only just unlocked the S. Magala mission.
>>
>>287226393
It's only hard as long as Rajang is around.

If you get lucky, Rajang will slap the shit out of Zinogre and then you can 1v1 him.

Shiggy Miggy is fairly easy all things considered.
>>
>>287226383
>immune to dung bombs
I miss jho.
Actually no, I don't. Since his barely touching his tail pins now. Not cool, Capcom.
>>
>Lancing Silver Rathalos
Aside from Flash Bombs, how do I make this not a fucking chore?

If he'd stop spamming Fireballs for half a second maybe I could leap at him. Standing under him and trying to stab at his legs is okay, but with the camera having a fit, the chance of bouncing off the tail and his ability to do a retreating fireball makes it pretty painful too.
>>
I wish I could give to everybody all these hacked charms, so they don't have to grind never again
>>
>>287226539
Smokebombs can single out monsters?
>>
>>287226634
Bring a bigger gun.
>>
>>287226634
Mega dash juice
>>
>>287226634
>how do I make this not a fucking chore?

you don't

silver rathalos and gold rathian are possibly the most boring fights in the game
>>
File: 1420318320342.png (8 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1420318320342.png
8 KB, 320x320
>>287226535
>toss a farcaster
>get hit before the smoke can take effect
>mfw

It was obnoxious with Genprey and downright sadistic with Rajang.
>>
>>287226580
the mh4G bible has motion values. i need to ask a friend who knows JP if it has a little blurb on sleep damage modifiers thats in depth.
>>
I use it but I fucking suck with it. Never charge the shield, hell I don't even remember how. I suck at blocking.

Fucking love that damage and reach though. Sucks on faster monsters sometimes but getting that hit in is so satisfying.
>>
>>287226393

I finally got the final mission for single player. Apex Diablos, Seregios and Jho in an Arena. I can't do it though, I still only have the Force and Brace Wystones, I still need the one that doesn't bounce.
>>
>>287226671
Toss it as you walk in. Zinogre will see you, but Rajang won't.

Keep applying them every 40 seconds or so. Zinogre has no health.

They aren't perfect either, I've walked in to have them both staring at the entrance. If Rajang gets too close to the fight or Zinogre hits him with a ball or some shit, they'll stop working.
>>
>>287226671
As long as they haven't noticed you yeah.
When you enter the arena, hope that they're on opposite sides and drop a smoke bomb, neither one should notice you until you engage them and their icon shows up for targeting. As long as you keep them active you should be able to kill one monster at a time [they wear off after a minute or so]

Though I've been unlucky and I'd enter to find both Zinogre AND rajang staring straight at me who then instantly rape my virgin asshole.
>>
IF YOU WYVERN FIRE WITHOUT A (LONG) GUNLANCE YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
>>
File: 1426462499528.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1426462499528.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>last one out of my friends to get to HR due to weapon farming procrastination
>try out Deviljho together
>can't do shit because they keep dying
>decide to solo it myself
>one asshole says there's no fucking way I can do it
>beat the hell out of Jho with shit armor and weapons on the first try

Yeah, fuck you guys too. I do what I want.
>>
>>287221551

Khezu generally is a horrible enemy for gunlance
>>
>>287226885
I remember my first time trying this
>Hiding behind rock to heal up
>Wait a moment because my bullshit radar is going off
>Roll the beam Rajang sent through the rock
>Try to take a sippy
>Electric ball comes curving around and zaps me
>Cart
>Walk back in
>As soon as loading screen disappears, I have Rajang fist in my asshole
>As I'm standing up I get Zinogre backslammed
>>
>>287227015

What if I Wyvern Fire with an HBG?

>tfw where no option to use the WF mechanic for Paint/Tranq shots on HBGs with their limiter
>>
>>287227050
It's a game of skill, defence means shit in G beyond a certain point, it's all for skills, and weapons just make you kill faster. Fuck those scrubs, good job. Now solo the double jho naked quest.
>>
File: 1309232919218.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1309232919218.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>Main weapon type is reaching max upgrades in its trees
>All I haven't killed yet is Chameleos and a few subspecies

This isn't a good feel. I know I can always start over with a new weapon, I know there's still plenty of game with lv140 Guild Quests, but that's not anywhere near the same as the initial progression. I've never reached this point in a MH before. I don't want it to end.
>>
>>287227212

it's completely different anon

you gotta do this
long = wyvern fire
wide = charged shots
normal = superslam
>>
>>287227229

I got so lucky with that naked Jho quest. They ended up on opposite ends, the other one didn't notice me until 15 minutes in, didn't even use Smoke Bombs.
>>
>>287227050
My friends keep bailing or carting to shit.
Solo'd my way up to Ukanlos. Still trying to drag them past Dala.
>>
>>287227336
believe me once you start branching out weapons to try new shit.

it never ends.
>>
>>287226339
Join any random room online, you will see the same shit all the time

Hammers not hitting the head, glaives just vaulting/mounting etc

Not doing anything really, just waiting for a KD to go in like crows, those kids get fucked really quick when they hit apex / 126+, so i don't really care
>>
>>287227015
You may as well, dude.
It's still a bunch of damage and costs you nothing but sharpness.
>>
>>287227229
That's just plain wrong. The game WILL fuck you up with horrible hit detection, and that's where defense comes to play. Being able to not get one-two shot makes a huge difference. Especially on G.
Also JhoJhos in Naked and Afraid are somehow really weak, or so it seemed.
>>
>>287227336
Why branch out to just one when you can branch out to all of them? In 3U I didn't bring the same weapon to a hunt twice in a row, and tried to space out using the same weapon type as well. Using so many different weapons means I needed almost as many different weapon sets to support weapon niches. I never ran out of things to do in 3U, and 4U has even more
>>
>>287227336
I feel this and I haven't even started G rank yet.

Playing online with people has been so much fun that I can't bring myself to solo the guildhall shit. And I've upgraded my weapons to the highest point I can, and I have perfectly serviceable armour, so it's not like I have anything to look forward to crafting. I thought about making Crimson Fatalis gear for shits, but fuck all those gems it needs.
>>
>>287227614
>Also JhoJhos in Naked and Afraid are somehow really weak, or so it seemed.
They are, or else they'd one-shot you since you don't have armour.
>>
>>287227517
>90% of the people in this thread
>Join any random room online
>>
>>287227614
Not him, but I play bow, G Crown. I get one shot by many attacks, and I basically have to eat for moxie or I get oneshot by warping enemies, and even then it doesn't always save me.

>tfw fighting chameleos online
>He warps around, does his breath attack
>"Oh, moxie will save me"
>1HP, poisoned
Fuck being a gunner is suffering.
>>
>>287227830
why in the unholy fuck do you not have guts gemmed in
>>
>people thinking CB is anything but RNG dependant later in the game

How's high rank treating you?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
So I haven't fought it myself yet, but I just watched a video of that Rajang thing everyone is crying about. It's just a Congalala reskin! You are all absolute shitters.
>>
>>287227830
Get Guts. It's Moxie but works on every continue. I think Duramboros armour has it. Also I think it might go well with Fortify, which is also on Duramboros I think
>>
File: 1425748011262.jpg (113 KB, 694x800) Image search: [Google]
1425748011262.jpg
113 KB, 694x800
>>287227229
Well I'm not even in G rank yet. Meant to say high rank. Had the game since launch but because I have so little time to play and I really, really like making weapons I haven't progressed to G rank like most of /v/. I honestly don't mind, though, the game's longevity is one of the charms.

>>287227443
If things keep going the way they are I might have to be the one to drag them up to G rank after lagging behind in low rank.
>>
>>287227830
Yeah, the gunners have it really bad, because for some unexplainable reason they have halve of defense blademasters get, and they still have to be no farther than a couple of hops to do any damage.
>>
>>287227992

Well, it's still the toughest thing in the game, so if you think that's going to be easy, everything else will be disappointing.
>>
File: 1390186483785.jpg (53 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
1390186483785.jpg
53 KB, 500x447
I swear to god the dialogue in this game is so fucking horrible 90% of the time.

The other 10% is fucking hilariously funny. I wish the rest of the game was as funny as these parts
>>
>>287227776
Force of habit, but yeah, applies to every /v/ room I've been in so its technically the same
>>
How do I fish green plesi?
>>
>>287228039
Gunning really shines in multi. Not that you can't solo with them, it's just easier to handle when the monsters are targeting your buddies and not just you.
>>
>>287227994
>>287227934
>tfw I have to sacrifice damage to keep using a weapon I enjoy
Might as well just pick up GS and call it a day. I love bow, really, but unless I build for power then I'm not really being helpful.
>>
G Teostra

Help
>>
File: GOODS-00020965.jpg (31 KB, 300x176) Image search: [Google]
GOODS-00020965.jpg
31 KB, 300x176
>>287228098
I've found it to be pretty amusing most of the time, except wherever the Ace Cadet was involved. Holy fuck I wish Gore chomped him.
>>
How the fuck am I supposed to break molten tiggy's head with a lance? He just dies before his head breaks
>>
>>287228163
I find using a bow solo is much, much easier than multi, even with no lag. The thing is I have to stay in critical distance, and when the monster runs to the other side of the map I'm wasting time and stamina, and I have to decide if I can travel the distance and shoot or just give up.

When I play solo, the monsters are always in the right range, and dodging and reacting is much easier because it's focused on me.
>>
>>287220508
>no reach
>no damage
>no high skill ceiling
>no clear times

so what DOES it have
an inflateable buttplug that connects to your iphone?
>>
>>287228268
Just get out of the way everytime he faces at you because it will do an instant charge or pounce most of the time, get a timer ready after it gets mad so you know when he's going to explode for mad damage, he explodes after 100 secs of enraged
>>
>>287227992
>anything like Congalala
>haven't even fought it myself yet

/mhg/ go home.
>>
>>287228350
If you ever have trouble, trap+bomb, and bring more mats to make more + bombs for the second trap.
>>
>>287228268
I believe people have figured out that it's 90 seconds from when he starts raging that he'll do the supernova.
>>287228164
Bows can do support too, Guts is really only for the longevity factor.
>>
>>287228350
His head is armored, but softens when he's enraged. Same for the claws.
>>
>>287228378
While it has one of the best burst damages in the game, the skill ceiling is actually just as high as the amount of rng you need to do good
>>
>>287220886
Sword 'n Shield is pretty easy though
>>
>>287228397
>>287228461
Thanks. How do you know when he's mad? Flame aura on his head?
>>
File: blangy.jpg (121 KB, 662x611) Image search: [Google]
blangy.jpg
121 KB, 662x611
why did they bring back the shit monkey but not best ape?
he's even got a desert variant to stick in the desert zone come ON capcom
>>
>>287220508

Why is CB the most technical fun weapon. I want to use it but I hate being the same as everyone online. Even IG isn't really that indepth past building your bug but even then... It's like what they were trying to do when making SA. Is there any other weapon that has crazy last second mechanics that I'm not thinking of like the guard point?
>>
>>287220508
Hunting Horn for life
>>
>>287228397
>Just get out of the way everytime he faces at you because it will do an instant charge or pounce most of the time
Or you can stay at long-mid range with an explosive CB and let him stun himself against your guard points.
>>
File: 1414817823820.jpg (180 KB, 939x641) Image search: [Google]
1414817823820.jpg
180 KB, 939x641
>>287228574
Same reason they left out a waifu?
>>
What's your favorite Monster Hunter porn
>>
>>287228574
Capcom brought back a whole lot of shitty monsters and cut the good ones introduced just in the previous generation.
>>
File: 32456987u4879675.jpg (64 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
32456987u4879675.jpg
64 KB, 500x375
>>287228356
I mained the bow in 3U, but the majority of that was solo by virtue of me being stuck on 3DS so I can see where you're coming from. I haven't really played around with it in 4 yet but I like how the power shot lets you be more aggressive. That said I can't even imagine trying to stay at critical range against all those bird wyverns and their retard charge.
>>
>>287227517

>G rank Teostra with pubs

Holy shit. Actually had an easier time duo'ing it with a friend who needed the key quest.

Pubs are fucked. There are so many hardcore walls, it only gets worse the further you go in. And they think Pink Rathian and Dala are bad.
>>
>>287228562
When he roars, has the slime aura around his head and his attacks do slime.

>>287228585
Building your bug isn't really that big of a deal, there's basically 1 build that you will follow all the time to get the best bug, being good at getting fever mode on glaive is the most challenging thing in that weapon, which is easy, but almost all the glaives ive seen take around 2 minutes to do it
>>
>>287228585
>I want to use it but I hate being the same as everyone online.
Grow up.
>>
>>287223762
a mate of mine killed the blangonga in freedom unite with a kick.
a kick deals ONE damage
>>
>>287228574
theyll bring them back in for the next rehash!

maybe not though
>>
I made an Evasion+3/EvadeDist/TrapMaster Sytlish Bombing SnS setup and goddamn this shit is OP. Can't get hit and dropping bombs everywhere. Cut my killtimes in half.
>>
>>287228763

>Trying to extract Orange from Pink Rath

Kill me.
>>
>>287228562
Generally when he roars he goes into rage, I thing he gets an aura but I haven't fought him enough times to tell
>>287228574
because Rajang
>>287228640
because she was literally teostra but blue
>>
>>287228763
>2 minutes to do it

Wow, that's pathetic. Most monsters you can easily get the red and white buffs almost immediately. Though sometimes it's red and orange depending.
>>
>>287228684
Gigginox, no contest.
>>
>>287228810
>not maining felyne kickboxer/hurler/fighter
>>
>>287228574
I admit I haven't fought this thing so I have no firsthand knowledge, but I looked up a video of it. Its moveset looked similar to Rajang, albeit much easier. Congalala is lame, but at least he's unique.
>>
Je suis monte!
>>
>>287228810
i remember a friend of mine knocked down a white fatalis with a kick once back in the good ol mhfu days
>>
>>287228846
Isn't orange really common from minions?
>>
>>287228864

If only there was some new way to differentiate the two, like having one be Blast-focused and one Fireblight-focused
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.