[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fighting games are a dying breed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: rip.png (975 KB, 1168x673) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
975 KB, 1168x673
"So a couple of months ago Injustice: Gods Among Us came out and it really sparked my interest in fighting games again. I picked the game up and went hard at work learning characters, playing the story and playing a lot of online. It was a learning curve I enjoyed progressing along, and when you really get to grips with fighting games they can be an extreme lot of fun."

"I think the main problem with fighting games is staying relevant, Publishers won’t take the risk on producing a new fighting game as no one might play it no matter how good it is and it’s hard to make a fighting game with unique game mechanics. This is why fighting game series such as Street Fighter and Tekken have lasted so long they are tried and tested formulas and they already have a great fan base, so what is the point In making a new game where you need to gather a whole new community and to be honest the fighting game community isn’t that big."

"Talking about the fighting game community, its presence can still be felt when this year’s EVO 2013 was the biggest yet, surpassing any viewing number of any other fighting game tournament yet. The community is there, I just think the biggest problem is getting more people interested in fighting games, they have taken a back burner the last couple of years but since the release of Street Fighter 4 it has breathed new life into the genre and so far it has started making its way back into the gaming scene and this is something I think can be greatly appreciated by everyone."

http://www.6aming.com/fighting-games-a-dying-breed/

Thoughts?
>>
i think he's right. the fighting games community is extremely elitist and this is problematic as fuck. just look at Smash. they tried to do something different and what do they get? a bunch of raging autists getting angry at the game because its not like every other fucking fighting game: hit confirm, huge fucking combos you cant escape and projectile spamming
>>
>>286798139
this so much
>>
>>286798139
>smash is a fighting game
>fighting games are only about combos
>using the word "spamming"
Stick to your moba's and fps anon
>>
>>286799770
this is what >>286798139 was talking about
problematic elitistic shitlords like you who ruin it for everyone. why cant the fighting games community be more accepting
>>
I'd enjoy fighting games more if people would just chill the fuck out and stop tier whoring and sweating it out like their lives are on the line in an online match with no consequences.
>>
>>286797887
>Fighting games are dying
>Let me use a shitty game as example

lol that's why they are dying.

Make shit get wrecked.
>>
Fighting games have been absolute dogshit for as long as they've existed. Fun for 5 minutes with a buddy, they're a genre that should be wiped off the face of the universe. There's no real competitive skill, unless you seriously judge everything by reaction times and muscle memory. Even fucking ASSFAGGOTS garbage requires more thought.
>>
>>286799770

Fighting games can switch up their mechanics you know, they don't all need to play like street fighter 2, god damn
>>
>>286799925
I'm just pointing out things you don't understand
>>
File: 1305390414843.jpg (89 KB, 582x699) Image search: [Google]
1305390414843.jpg
89 KB, 582x699
>>286797887
>fighting games
>dying
Sweet mother of fuck EVO gets more entreats every goddamn year and there's countless fighting games of various styles available Yes games that aren't SF or Marvel struggle to hold on to as big of a playerbase but that's more of those fans faults for not playing their goddamn game.
Capcom games are never going to suddenly be not popular but if you want your game to have presence you need to get off your ass and go to majors and play these games. And even if your game doesn't get main-stage presence at EVO there's still plenty of side tournaments.
As for people complaining that the FGC is toxic and in tolerate that's just forced internet victimizing and bad blood from tournaments long since passed between the traditional FGC and Smash players who evolved completely separate from each other. Smash has been back at EVO, pulls big numbers, and everyone is having a good time. Nobody fucking cares any more except people still butthurt over the Smash fiasco from way back. If you go to a major and don't act like a massive cunt you'll be treated like everyone else and likely have better players give you advice and other shit. Yeah you have faggots like Lowtiergod and Noel Brown who can't keep their attitudes in check but there's dickbags in very competitive community. For everyone else it's a good time and a chance to live out wrestling fantasies and play games that you love. SF fans, Marvel fans, KoF fans, Anime fans, and Tekken fans are small enough on their own so events like this help them get together and have more presence in the vidya world.
>>286798139
Aside from shitposting on the internet people are fucking over any complaints about Smash not being a traditional fighting game. Any time somebody asks a big player there thoughts on Smash they usually respond with "lol it's whatever I don't play it" because they've been playing soemthing else for over 10 years. Smash players are just as "elitist" and probematic as the regular FGC.
>>
>>286797887

>This EVO was the biggest yet
>The community is there
>But despite this the games are dying and need more people

How can one person contradict themselves so much?
>>
>>286800118
>Reaction times and muscle memory
Isn't this fucking video games as a whole? How is it not skill? Just because you say so?
>>
>>286798139
there are elitist shit lords in every gaming community and also you can hit confirm, have inescapable combos and a degree of projectile spamming in smash(just depends on which version you are playing). fighting vidya is anything but dead or dying.
>>
>>286797887
>2013
>thoughts?
Me thinks OP is a faggot.
>>
Fighting games have a problem that I don't see in most other genres. It's very multiplayer centric. The problem is that online detracts from it's multiplayer experience far more so than pretty much any other genre I have played. Due to the nature of what a fighting game is.

Lag free is of course always preferable but this is noticed far more with fighting games than any other genre. This is the main reason I can't get into them. Then you factor in the obnoxious FGC and forget about it.
>>
>>286800118
>there is no such things as mind games
you must suck some massive ass son, when it really boils down to it the most important thing to learn in fighting games is mind games and how to keep your composure and not let your opponent take you for a ride.
>>
>>286798139

>problematic as fuck

I see no problem in a dedicated, merit-based community having high standards. You can't have a highly competitive community without some notion that could be interpreted as 'elitism'.

I'd argue that the fighting game community being elitist is a good thing because it is conducive to active and passionate competition.
>>
No. The only "problem" with fighting games is that the have a very niche fanbase (though some ARE indeed elitist and autistic shitheads, let's be real) and more casual and dude bro players aren't interested in learning the difficulty curve such as proper inputs etc... That fighting game developers use. It's simply just comes down to it's too much "work" for most players to sit through and most people don't enjoy a good challenge with games anymore. They want to spray and get easy wins being carried by teammates in games like call of duty and league of legends.

And I say fuck em. Fuck making it easier for them. There's nothing wrong with the fighting game genre, people that play them will continue to. The reason games like mortal kombat and injustice got praise isn't because they're godlike fighting games with balanced rosters and increasingly complex. It's the fan service and nostalgia (LOL JOHNNY CAGE PUNCHED HIM IN THE NUTS!! GET OVER HERE!!) and the inputs are easier when compared to street fighters shoryu motions and guilty gears casual killing half circle forward motions..
>>
>>286798139
>projectile spamming

Thank you for ousting yourself as a casual with no knowledge of fighting games. Calling projectiles "spam" means you know nothing of frame data, spacing, and move properties.
>>
>>286799925
>shitlords
are you serious?
>>
>>286797887
>Fighting games dying breed
>Xenoverse on and off best seller on steam

Kay.
>>
>>286800538

You get the most out of fighting games by actually knowing people who play them and going to tournaments. Online play is always inferior.

>Obnoxious as the FGC

I fucking love the FGC. No other gaming community gives that much excitement and energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sfs9h3bIDg
>>
>>286800741
Yeah, but it's Dragon Ball. I'd buy it if it were anything. I'd buy a Dragon Ball Square-Enix style RPG on Steam. I'd buy a Dragon Ball dating sim. I'd buy Puyo Pop Dragon Ball. I'd buy a Dragonball platformer. I'd buy a Gone Home clone of Goku's house.
>>
>>286800664
This. Fighting games have a dedicated fanbase and casual players just cannot and will not ever understand the difficulty curve it requires . Though there are plenty available resources.
>>
>>286800623

Didn't you get the memo? Being better than other people is offensive now. This his why kids get participation awards in school now.

So stop oppressing other people by being better than them.
>>
File: 1423844947288.gif (483 KB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
1423844947288.gif
483 KB, 500x292
Everything but Melee and Street Fighter is dying and the latter is surviving on the promise of Capcom tournament pots.
>>
Either it dies or gains the popularity and simplification to go mainstream.

The elitism is the common catch 22 with anything people are trying to popularize. It contains the entire upper level of players but those same players hinder the long-term success. Depends on the genre you prefer, but this one I'd rather didn't stop being elitist.
>>
>x genre is too difficult for me
>its dead
>>
>>286800991

I hate anime and I resented having to watch DBZ as a kid for lack of anything else in the timeslot on my cable channels. I will buy it, on sale.. and pirated it until then. It seems fun, like a good game.

DBZ has little to do with its success, me thinks... its coincidental, it makes for a good fighting game which is fresh and interested.. just the picture and store page alone are very attractive to any gamer, Id think... besides the extreme hardcore anti-weebs.
>>
File: 1425947468969.jpg (451 KB, 4040x626) Image search: [Google]
1425947468969.jpg
451 KB, 4040x626
>>286801490
>>
>>286800991
You. That doesn't account to all the people who bought.
I really liked the pseudo rpg elements, the grinding to earn skills and the mentors and the character creation.
As a side note, wouldn' the same formula work wonders for a bleach fighting game. Arrancar, human/fullbringer, shinigami, quincy. Character mentors. Transformation skills -either full body or sword/skill transformations.

And , well, much more fappable characters too. Which could help.
>>
>>286801351
This is why FPS genre is so popular. I see no end in sight unless casuals leave gaming. FPS is here to stay indefinitely.
>>
>>286801571
>DBZ has little to do with its success, me thinks... its coincidental, it makes for a good fighting game which is fresh and interested.
You're in some pretty big denial. The game is selling because it's DBZ just like every DBZ game before it. Xenoverse has some fucking low end combat for an arena fighter and some of the worse PvP ever.

People are buying it because it's a DBZ game with a create-a-character.
>>
English isn't AFliXTioN's first language, is it?
>>
>>286799925

>problematic
>shitlords

sure is tumblr in here
>>
>>286800671
>Calling projectiles "spam" means you know nothing of frame data, spacing, and move properties.
I know this is a joke but holy shit.
>>
>>286800760
>>I fucking love the FGC. No other gaming community gives that much excitement and energy.
Damn straight
I mean sitting on my ass at home playing vidya is nice sometimes, and online games as well but nothing compares to meeting up and playing fighting games.
Plus everyone knows niggaboos are the best bros.
>>
>>286801571
Xenoverse is way too shallow to be a 'good fighting game' in the sense you're meaning
>>
The fighting games community is hands down superior to all the sterile esports shit of the other popular 'competitive' genres

If you're a whiny babby who can't handle people who can actually talk shit and have fun then you're not wanted anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsJfLKtGlfw
>>
>>286801653
Luckily the FGC is some sort of anomaly that doesn't get hit as hard. Probably due to some sort of combination of minorities(fighting games are too urban!) and the strict learning curve (Why are you spamming?)
>>
this is why melee is the greatest esport
>>
File: 1405319786942.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1405319786942.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>286800538

Except the FGC is pretty entertaining. Nothing provides the wildest experiences in competitive gaming than the FGC. While you can argue some of them is WWE tier of fake hype, its atleast better than boring ass suits just sitting and playing their game. The FGC plays the game, show skill and entertain in both the intended medium and has a charm you certainly cant find anywhere else
>>
>>286799925
>problematic
>shitlords
Could you be even more SRS?
>>
>>286802684
Is that Yayoi?

I like me some Yayoi.
>>
>>286797887
tl,dr
Stop advertising your noname blog here.
>>
>>286802664
This.
>>
I'd say the only problem is people honestly being thin skinned and not really being into them in the first place, but liking a character or two.

I suck, I get shit on, but I still up and try because I enjoy these games, I can lose track of hours playing one. And I honestly enjoy the banter.

i'm not saying it's bad to just like a character or two from a game, but it's really not enough to carry you if you don't like the idea of fighters in the first place.
>>
File: 1370573586018.png (528 KB, 619x657) Image search: [Google]
1370573586018.png
528 KB, 619x657
>so what is the point In making
Random capitalization on that in?
>>
>>286801868

Sounds like you are just butthurt that its not an "every build is balanced" game and that if you put your points in wrong or dont put in enough thought, youl get crushed.
>>
File: 1425961552024.jpg (148 KB, 458x548) Image search: [Google]
1425961552024.jpg
148 KB, 458x548
>>286797887
valve just needs to make a f2p fighter in the vein of tf2 and dota 2 with the help of some jap devs
>>
Fighting games tanking can be linked to how children are being raised.

>Kids get nothing but praise instead of any actual criticism when they do fuck up
>Fucking trophies just for participating, even if they lose
>it's never the kid's fault. It's always somebody else's fault.

Do you honestly think people who come these circumstances will play a game where they think they get nothing from losing and nobody to blame but themselves?
>>
>>286803084
I'm sure all of this dude's articles are riddled with grammatical and other errors.
>>
If any of you faggots are new to the FGC, this is some of the funniest shit you'll ever watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koATLpGBTig&index=1&list=PLqqbU0XiBrEWxG16DZCQ1arLzf9le2v-z
>>
>>286798139
the only reason the fgc hates smash is because last time we let them play at our venues they stole crt from other games threw the trophies in the trash, and now autistic faggots keep the bad blood alive with the lel not a real fighting game shit which was not a thing till just recently.

>>286797887
fuck off your last paragraph shows fighting games are growing and guess what EVO 2014 was even bigger then 13s
>>
>>286801653
This only means that people are trying to market the FGC harder these days.
>>
>>286802484
that was great, reminds me of why i love the fgc
>>
>>286803223
No I'm butthurt that the online is actually busted, partially thanks to trainer bullshit, and moves like deathball and blue hurricane are OP as fuck.

I roll melee Saiyan anyway so I get to do my fair share of broken shit.
>>
File: 1372296771781.jpg (30 KB, 356x355) Image search: [Google]
1372296771781.jpg
30 KB, 356x355
>>286803394
I remember that.
>>
File: 1397339368594.jpg (821 KB, 1500x843) Image search: [Google]
1397339368594.jpg
821 KB, 1500x843
>>286797887
Is Juri good for a beginner??
>>
>>286803385
Man, I haven't played Tekken in ever.

Probably because I have no one to play it with.
>>
>>286803394
They also smashed a vending machine and they don't integrate with the non-smash players at all, unlike players of literally every other game
>>
File: 1421879386533.jpg (85 KB, 732x662) Image search: [Google]
1421879386533.jpg
85 KB, 732x662
>>286798139
>smash
>fighting game

maximum b8. Real talk, fighting games have always been niche and will continue to be niche. You can't dumb down fighting games like you could for FPS games. You either git gud or don't play.

Maybe the early 2000s were a bad time with too many poor 3D arena fighters. Arcades are out of style in the west as well, so that adds to the myth fighting games are dying when really they are thriving. KI, MKX, and Skullgirls all made by westerners. Another GG even though poor sales, new SF and Tekken soon. Maybe even a new SC if T7 is a success.
>>
Ehh, it's not so much that fightan is dying, it's more that couch co-op is dying, and fightan dying is a side-effect of that.
>>
>>286803807
exactly faggots who spout the not fighting shit are just as retarded as the fgc members who think the fgc hates smash because its "not a real fighter"
>>286803394
same thing happened with guilty gear, some faggots pulled some dick moves and they banned the game from being a main game up until xrd game out, the only difference is 09ers saw it was hip to be retro so they did not shit on it
>>
>>286803394
The retarded thing about the smash community is that they don't even understand WHY CRTs are used and that they can actually play on 'lagless' LCDs given the right hardware quite happily but just refuse to do it
>>
>98% of fighting game fans only play fighting games cause of the way they appear (1vs1, side-camera, different characters) and barely any reason beyond that.
>thats why shitty, unbalanced games sometimes with infinites are often played at fighting game tournaments
>thats why other completely objectively shit games like Injustice are played
>thats why DOA4 didn't get the tournament events it deserved
>thats why VF5 didn't get the tournament events it deserved

ya'll are literally subhumans playing button mashing muscle-memory combo games and you're not even exceptional at it.
>>
>>286797887
>Thoughts?

Injustice is such a shitty, boring and flat game.
>>
>>286802586
Spics and nigs aren't as thirsty as others, so women are largely ignored.
>>
>using injustice or mortal kombat as a model for ANYTHING
>>
>>286798139

classic, a smash butthurt faggot. Just die already.
>>
>>286804164
VF and DOA are less popular than SC and Tekken. Plus DOA is babbys first fap. Theres no depth to it. The fact Last Round is being allowed but 80% of the costumes are banned pretty much takes kills the only reason to play DOA
>>
>>286803925

>You can't dumb down fighting games

Mortal Kombat has made a 22 year long series of games out of being dumbed down.
>>
File: 78769814.png (1 MB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
78769814.png
1 MB, 1280x719
>>286803717
I HATE IT
>>
Used to be into Soul Calibur, don't know why i dropped off after 3
>>
>>286800623
Recognition of skill and achievement is one thing. The huge spergfest that is the community is another. This is what happens when people who failed at athletic pursuits and have no concept of competitive sportsmanship make up most of a fledgeling sport. I'm not expecting olympic-level sportsmanship here, but not everyone should be trying to emulate Ali.
>>
>>286804385
DOA5 is not a deep game. I said DOA4 in the post you quoted. Pls.
>>
>>286804412
probably because 3 sucked dick
>>
File: 1422401180381.gif (156 KB, 525x483) Image search: [Google]
1422401180381.gif
156 KB, 525x483
>>286804387
But it's not the model. No one else says "hey lets go for the MK audience". Only MK game splay like MK games, mostly everything else is branched off from SF
>>
I hope Melee has the biggest entrants at EVO.
>>
>>286803385
Personally I prefer WHO BITCH IS THIS
>>
>>286804385

DoA is as much for fapping as SoulCalibur is for creating characters and single player.
>>
>>286804164
I know your baiting hard but just because most fighters follow traditional guidelines that doesn't mean people only play them because of that. You can cry that shitty unbalanced games that don't suit your tastes show up at tournametns all you want but until you and people like you go out and play the games you want at these events you're not going to change anything. Plenty of good games come and go and it's up to the playerbase to keep them alive. Don't expect the FGC to give your game favoritism because you wish it appeared on streams more. Injustice got played because there were people who wanted to play it and in one case the game got outside funding to be at an event. DoA has a community but as a whole is considered a joke and is less popular than games like Tekken because the whole system is built around the holds. Last Round is getting play though and the community is actually trying to tone down the fapbait so people can at least see honest play.

VF is the game that everyone praises but nobody plays. Tekken and SC have a high enough skill ceiling and match-up knowledge that puts some of the oldest FG players off, don't be surprised that a game like VF doesn't garner much attention.
>>
File: 1422659976884.jpg (8 KB, 181x279) Image search: [Google]
1422659976884.jpg
8 KB, 181x279
Why do people that have nothing to do with the genre feel the need to share their shit opinion?

Last gen had an amazingly huge amount of fighting games around and we already have all the big names on board this time around with shit in their pipelines.

INJUSTICE ITSELF IS AN ORIGINAL FIGHTING GAME
WHAT IS HE COMPLAINING ABOUT
>>
The FGC is hood because it's small. A bigger scene would cause a bunch of suits to swoop in and try to make everything esports.

Fighting games are run because the events are run by the players for the players. Anyone can compete and the low prizes keep people honest.
>>
>>286805204
>Why do people that have nothing to do with the genre feel the need to share their shit opinion?

Because liking these things is problematic and effects the whole world.
>>
>>286804548
Not everyone is though, and you would know this if you actually played
>>
>>286805129
Lot of fucking words for meaning nothing.

FGC are idiots, deal with it. The ones who play SF, the ones who play Tekken, the ones who play DOA5, whatever; across the board they are simple people who play whatever respective game they're playing with extremely low skill at top-tier tournament events. It makes for shitty streams and poor spectating.

they're simple people and thats why they don't judge a game as tourney worthy based on whether or not it's balanced, and that's why they don't play complex games like DOA and VF.

they are explicitly unintelligent people.
>>
>>286803385
Why do all niggers act the same?
>>
File: 1414177694557.gif (1 MB, 245x118) Image search: [Google]
1414177694557.gif
1 MB, 245x118
>>286805714
>FGC are idiots, deal with it. The ones who play DOA
>and that's why they don't play complex games like DOA
>>
>>286804781
Shinblade's antics are great, but nothing beats 15 mins of pokchop at his best
>>
>>286805714
Nigger you're trying really hard now.
>they're simple people and thats why they don't judge a game as tourney worthy based on whether or not it's balanced
Yes EVO should consist of SF1 and Karate Champ. Literally every other game is busted and not worth playing.
>>
>>286803385
Fuck pokchop, I hate braggadocios faggots.
>>
>>286800760

I love how people (not many, but some have) have used this clip as something negative. It was genuine hype. There was no ill blood. It's just what happens when a bunch of guys get into a room with buddies or not-buddies and get competitive/funny.

Dude wasn't angry. He was feelin' it. Hell, when shit pops off like that with my friends and I, it eases ANY salt we might have been feeling because it's funny. It's exciting. It's reminding you of WHY you're playing fighting games in the first place. To get good, to fight good players, to have fun, and to marvel at how far you've progressed when shit finally clicks.

>>286801571

Dude, Xenoverse is way better than it deserves to be even with its problems but it is NOT a good fighting game. I love it, but come on
>>
>>286806396
Real law please go
>>
>>286805982
When I said "DOA" i meant DOA4.

DOA5 actually does have a decently populated community but they're all shit at the game.

>dude doesn't know how easy and unbalanced DOA5 is
>>
>>286806764
Every DoA is the same shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 299x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 299x288
>>286806907
>>
>>286806980
Take your casual titty garbage somewhere else.
>>
>>286807061
I dont have a casual titty garbage game cause I don't play DOA5 cause its a shit game.
>>
>>286798139
>>286799925
>problematic

try to be subtle
>>
>>286806764
I think what >>286805982 was trying to say is that no one likes the constant triangle guessing that is DOA. Fighting games have always been about 50/50's whether it was between an overhead or low in 2D and mid or low in 3D. No one likes guessing between three options. Also fuck guaranteed damage parries that you can mash.
>>
>>286805129
Being mad at DOA prior to DOA5 for having holds is the equivalent of being mad at street fighter for having fireballs and hadoukens and projectiles.
>>
>>286807153
You play DoA which is all the same shit.
You try to make it look like one turd is better than the other.
I bet you wonder why nobody takes you seriously too.
>>
>>286807160
>try to be subtle

Evidently he doesn't have to since people will respond anyway.
>>
>all these fuckers saying fightan hasn't moved since fucking Street Fighter 2

You are just making it painfully obvious you don't play them
>>
>>286807498
It's moved alright. Taken massive steps backwards towards casualization.
>>
>>286807387
DOA4 was the ultimate competitive fighting game that literally paved the road for the resurgence of fighting games. Even Tekken6/TTT2 copied some stuff from it.

If you missed out on it then thats no ones problem but your own, considering it was popular for 7 whole years with a near constantly active online multiplayer community. I don't even know if people still play it considering DOA5 is out and i sold my xbox, but I wouldn't be surprised since DOA5 is such a fucked up dumb game.
>>
>>286807358
Nobody is mad because DoA5 specifically has holds.
People dislike DoA in general because it has holds.
>>
>>286807498

Yeah, SFII didn;t have comeback mechanics.
>>
>>286807839
and it's the equivalent of being mad at street fighter for having projectiles...

So what?
It's an invalid argument.
>>
File: segat.jpg (411 KB, 1540x1740) Image search: [Google]
segat.jpg
411 KB, 1540x1740
>>286807768
>DOA4 was the ultimate competitive fighting game that literally paved the road for the resurgence of fighting games.
>online multiplayer
You're at the hilarious point where delusion meets retardation.
>>
>>286808014
It's a shit mechanic.
>>
>>286808127
You think fireballs are a shit mechanic too?

Is there any fighting game you enjoy or are you just shitposting
>>
>Fighting games are a dying genre
Yeah, western fighting games finally stepping the fuck up and actually trying as well as the Street Fighter announcement forcing people onto a console and people buying a console exclusively for KI is certainly showing how dead it is.
>>
>>286807946
I find it really sad that people have actually stopped caring about this, especially in SF4

I get that X-Factor was next level retarded and everything else seems tame in comparison, but Ultras are a genuinely terrible mechanic that completely undermines the meter management aspect of the game and really has no reason being there except as an absurdly high damage wakeup option for scrubs to do

Yes I know they do other things, yes I know that they're not as bad as X-factor and some other shit, but your strongest super being one that you gain meter for automatically that you cannot waste that also happens to do huge damage is not a good design choice

Even games like KoF13, which appear on the surface to not really have comeback mechanics, really are clearly designed so that it's incredibly easy to just randomly get huge damage and close a hard fought lead in seconds with stupid shit

Being fair though, Sf2 supers were much more retarded
>>
>>286802484
Huh, I was just watching that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH6dfof5B0Q

This is my first time seeing Low Tier God. Is he always like this? I've never really seen him in tournaments.
>>
File: 1306033685633.jpg (128 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1306033685633.jpg
128 KB, 1600x900
>everyone calls OP and his article out on being retarded
>smashfag troll gets blasted it out immediately
>DoA guy is all over the place
>yeah well fighting games are just casual shit now!
Good job /v/. There might be hope for fighting game threads on /v/ yet.
>>
>>286808226
Fighting games were legit on life support from 2003-2008
>>
>>286808338
>Is he always like this?
He's actually usually worse

Complete poser through and through
>>
>>286808127

It's a casual filter. Go back to any point in the history of fighting video games and you'll encounter the same opinion.
>>
>>286808417
I wouldn't even say it was doing that well, but 2008 is quite some time ago.
>>
>tfw i just invite my friends over every saturday and play king of fighters 2000 on my Mvs
>>
>>286809063
Epic post, where can I subscribe to your blog and read more?
>>
>>286809063
How much does one of those cost? I've heard it's more affordable than the console. Same for the games.
>>
>>286803717
I tried to get started with her last week. Didn't end well. Having more luck with Makoto.
>>
>>286808473
Holds exist BECAUSE of casuals.
>>
>>286809063

post pix
>>
>>286809063
pls be in Mexico
>>
>>286809251
>projectiles exist because of casuals

you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>286808417
more like Capcom games were on life support.
>>
I would play more fighting games if they were more arena based where you can dodge and react to people besides memorizing iframes and stunlocking people. Like in a big open arena where you can use the enviroment to do different things and what not.
>>
>>286809682
So DOA5
>>
>>286809682
Eyes of Heaven is for you. And I fucking hate you.
>>
>>286809390
Nice try at deflection.
Doesnt change that DoA will never be respected.
>>
>>286809682
DoA4 pretty much.

DoA5 doesnt have as many obstacles and stuff; just cutscene triggering walls that do damage.
>>
>>286809682
These exist but most of them are licensed fan service stuff like Gundam VS and Ultimate Ninja.

DoA5 makes a bigger use of the environment and how you knock people around the ring impacts the fight.
>>
>>286797887
They are dead because they are multiplayer focused with a small fanbase that is very, very picky, basically playing nothing but one or two franchises.
>>
>>286797887
Want to know why Smash Bros is so popular with so many people? Because it's fun.
Want to know why Random Anime Fighting Game isn't very popular and passed over by so many people? It isn't fun.

That's kind of the thing. Smash Bros took the time to take their fighting game and do something fun with it, something more than just hitting the same set of opponents. If you go back and play Melee, you'll find that the default mode includes beating up on giant opponents and target practice and running through an obstacle course for each player. Such activities are interesting, different, and amusing. They give the player something to do other than just punching Dude #37 again, and lets them learn the game better by giving them unusual tasks to complete. Hell, even Street Fighter 2 knew this, and gave you a car/brick wall/bunch of barrels to beat up as breaks between fights.

Most fighting games that I've seen do not. It's just selecting a character and beating up on other characters, or running through a "story" where you beat up on other characters. People praise the tutorials in these games, apparently not understanding that beating up on a non-responsive target isn't a fun time for a lot of people. It's not engaging, any more than beating up on a stupid CPU opponent is.

I'd say that's probably the biggest problem that Smash Wii U has. There's none of the "fun" aspects to playing through the game anymore. All the modes just involve being tossed into the same fights.
>>
File: 1419796466729.jpg (93 KB, 780x783) Image search: [Google]
1419796466729.jpg
93 KB, 780x783
>>286798139
STAY FREE
>>
File: 1419322093084.gif (142 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1419322093084.gif
142 KB, 270x270
>>286797887
>make nearly the same goes for 2 decades
>wonder why the audience is bored and not buying anymore

huh, well isn't this a puzzler
>>
>>286810142
>single player content is fun
>multiplayer content is not and never will be
Okay, you're psychotic.
>>
>>286809893
DoA is dead because people dismissed DoA4, leading to a bunch of retards making DoA5 more like DoA3 and regressing mechanics and balance altogether.

Really too bad. A bar of gold on a conveyer belt and people like you didn't bother to grab it as it passed by.
>>
File: question.jpg (103 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
103 KB, 1600x1200
What's the fun if there are only 5 viable characters?
>>
File: HAHAHA.jpg (7 KB, 225x257) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHA.jpg
7 KB, 225x257
>>286797887
>"So a couple of months ago Injustice: Gods Among Us came out and it really sparked my interest in fighting games again.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I won't bother reading the rest
>>
>>286810547
>DoA is dead because people dismissed DoA4
Rightfully.
>>
>>286809682
DOA?
Too bad it's not a REAL fighting game or a good game because it TRIGGER us right.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 499x499
>>286810624
You're just a dumb cunt. Keep posting your dumb cunt replies.
>>
The biggest problem the FGC has is
1) Too many uncivilized niggers
2) The developers try to push FOTM so hard (cant establish big communities if you keep pushing people towards different games)

Instead of making one game more complex, investing more resources into one titles, devs go full fucking mongrel mode and push a handful of titles at the same time. Perfect example being ArcSys with GG, BB and fucking Person all of a sudden. Just make hats and cash in on micro transactions, But no, split up communities and wonder why the games never take off.

Not even gonna start on the fact how shit of a platform consoles actually are. Everytime I have to fire up my Playstation I feel disgusted that I am forced to use this trash device.
>>
File: 1387779131501.jpg (84 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1387779131501.jpg
84 KB, 640x480
>>286810142
>smash bros is fun because it has casual throwaway content that gets pointless five hours in
>>
File: 1424849835575.jpg (35 KB, 287x350) Image search: [Google]
1424849835575.jpg
35 KB, 287x350
>>286810562
Blowing someone up who uses god tier characters with the weakest character in the game? It's what I love.
>>
Fighting games will only die when the players stop supporting the scenes

Unless that happens, who the fuck cares what some shitty "journalist" blogger has to say. They aren't the ones practicing to compete at the international level, they aren't the ones traveling to different countries to try and improve, they aren't the ones keeping the scenes alive.
>>
>>286810142
>only my idea of fun is fun!
Why are people still posting this garbage?
The thread ended 100 posts ago when the point that everyone who talks shit about the genre and the FGC simply doesn't know anything about it.
>>
>>286810805
Will do that with the knowledge that I'm not holding onto some trash titty fighter.
>>
File: darkstalkersarenotdead.jpg (33 KB, 600x352) Image search: [Google]
darkstalkersarenotdead.jpg
33 KB, 600x352
>tfw Capcom was gonna make a new Darkstalkers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_skngJlTDg
>>
File: 1394610796314.gif (3 MB, 303x393) Image search: [Google]
1394610796314.gif
3 MB, 303x393
>>286798139
>problematic
>>
>>286810562
Its a 1v1 genre so it doesnt matter how many characters are actually viable.
When you play only the characters on the field matter.

That aside you're a gay. Cant name a recent fighting game that only has five viable character options.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>286811112
>implying being good at DOA4 didn't immediately make me good at every other fighting game because they're all less complex

Nothing wrong with hanging onto useful knowledge.
>>
>>286797887
Fighting games are already ded because online multiplayer sucks for them. ASSFAGGOTS are designed to be playable from Brazil with 250 ping, mmorpgers even more. Meanwhile fighting games will always require local play because how the fuck would they work otherwise.
>>
>>286811185
God damn I miss Darkstalkers
>>
>>286811185
You mean lied about making a new Darkstalkers.
>>
>>286807946
It did, but they were subtle. When you're behind in rounds, you get a slight damage boost. Also when you're low in health, the random component of your damage becomes wider.
>>
>>286810562
Name a game were only 5 of the characters are viable.
>>
>>286802080

Great rebuttal m8. Stick to your smashperger threads
>>
>>286808449
Well, good on Viscant then. I like how he refuses to lame it out for a timed win, even if it's a risky play.
>>
>>286811185
No...
No they weren't.

We all know it.
>>
>>286811398
>were
>>
File: 1296010858151.jpg (10 KB, 300x218) Image search: [Google]
1296010858151.jpg
10 KB, 300x218
>>286811296
>>implying being good at DOA4 didn't immediately make me good at every other fighting game because
Prove it. Did you win any majors in non casual games?
Or maybe just locals?
>>
>capcom outsourced series to shit studios and killed Darkstalkers instead of giving it to Lab Zero
>>
>>286798139
>first post
>a party game faggot
>>
>>286798139
Smash Melee appealed to both casual and competitive audiences equally. They chose to alienate one part of the audience with Brawl and Smash 4. They removed multiple mechanics in Melee (be they intentional or not) that made if a fantastic competitive fighter as well as an awesome casual party game.

Competitive players are more likely just frustrated with the attitude that Smash emanates, which is "You're playing this wrong if you take it seriously." when in reality, nobody should give a fuck how someone wants to play a game. It shouldn't fucking matter. Nobody's making anyone git gud at Smash, it was just those players' choice to play it enough so that they were more skilled.

Also, the fighting game community (as far to my knowledge) isn't really elitist, they're just good at fighting games. If by "elitist" you mean someone that prefers one game over another, then yes, there are elitists. How dare they enjoy a game that some other people don't, how fucking problematic.
>>
>tfw live in a country with a seemingly non existent fighting game scene.
Feels bad man.
>>
>>286811497
Nigger you want proof for everything. Just go play some DoA4. Prove it to yourself.
>>
>>286811398
Marvel?
>>
>>286811765
>Just go play some DoA4.
I dont play dead casual garbage.
>>
I have always been revolted by fighters because I think it's bad form to force your player to use resources outside of the game itself to teach the player how to play and no genre is worse at this than fightan.

I mean, the story layer of the game is nice but if you have a tutorial you can afford to pull the player behind the scenes and explain the mechanics so they can improve mostly on their own instead of assuming that other people will test the workings of your games and make it obvious for newbies to learn. If I have the time and energy I shouldn't have to even think about consulting the internet on how to get at least 'decent' at the game.
>>
>>286811734
Guarantee no matter where you are theres probably an FGC scene you just have to do a little traveling.
>>
>>286810914
A fighting game with the Dota 2 model would literally be perfect, say what you want about the game/gameplay itself, but the cashshop model is literally top tier between all f2p games.

And they make shitloads of money with it to constantly support the game patch and tournament wise.

A single fighting game that gets this much polish and support from a constant stream of income would be the ideal game.

I dont think that business model works with such a small community though.

They can rake in the money with sales figures because SF triggers nostalgia, but the ammount of people that actually keep playing the game and dont stop 3 month after release is actually quite small.

Even worse with MK or tekken, shitloads of casual players that buy the game and then shelf it a month later and the actual competitive playerbase that could sustain such a business model is just not there.
>>
fighting games are very problematic it creates a toxic environment dominated by cis males

where is the emotional skill in fighting games? why should they be allowed to exist if everyone doesn't enjoy them equally? its not relevant enough to my tumblr agendas.

fucking kill yourselves.
>>
>>286811778
Nah marvel got more.
It better, given that its a 3v3 team.
>>
>>286811862
>I think it's bad form to force your player to use resources outside of the game itself to teach the player how to play
Skullgirls and Xrd would like a word with your ignorant ass.
>>
>>286811927
How do you even find them? I used to be in college and everything and just can't find any. Are they hiding? Am I too ugly to be in their cool club?
>>
>>286811862
Your lazyness makes you miss out.
>>
>>286811815
playing DoA4 is pretty much like learning ancient egyptian at this point. Dead language that hides untold secrets, the biggest secret being that it is most balanced fighting game ever made as of today.
>>
>>286812079
>playing DoA4 is pretty much like learning ancient egyptian at this point.
Yeah,its useless.
>>
>>286812079
>it is most balanced fighting game ever made as of today
Nah.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 300x504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 300x504
>>286812171
>this guy
Man you are just the shittiest troll.
>>
>>286812215
Nah what? Nah theres no such thing as a balanced fighter?
Nah what?
>>
File: 1306714934950.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1306714934950.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>286812309
>DoA fanboys talking about shitty trolling
You dont even exist. You're a made up persona.
Nobody takes any DoA seriously.
>>
>>286812020
Colleges,game centers,arcades or some dudes house you gotta actually try and look check facebook or your local craigslist.
>>
>>286812079
Are you the tekken troll guy from the Bloody Roar thread the other day? Because you're brilliant at baiting without making any argument.
>>
>>286811726
to make smash compattitve they need to play in the same stage without hazards, with out items and only 1 vs 1.
smash is the most boring piece of shit to watch in evo because of that.
all the fun the game provides is because of the chaotic nature.
>>
>>286798139
You're retarded.

Worst still, I know someone just like that. They think Smash 4 is the best smash game to watch, and think literally every other game is boring as fuck (SF4, Melee, etc you name it and he'll say it's shit).

The problem isn't with fighting games, it's with people like you. People who can't actually examine deeper mechanics and thus think all fighting games are the same. Meanwhile, Smash 4 they think is the epitome of Smash despite being slow as FUCK and not only having less options, but also being harder for new players to get good at.
>>
>>286812452
Nobody takes any fighting game seriously. Have you even watched a grand finals match with 10 sponsors streamed on twitch?

The averagr FGC player is shit, and they don't like games that prove it.
>>
>>286812497
>Have to socialize with strangers
Shit. I actually did a search and found a twitter it's kind of dead though but at least I know there is one now
>>
>>286812452
Reminds me of that article where DOA players wanted to restrict the lewd outfits so people dont get the wrong picture about their game.

That was one of the funnier things i recently got to read.
>>
>>286812525
Actually, you're just straight-up wrong. There is a list of stages that are allowed, and there are insanely quick and complex combos and mindgames that can be pulled off if you git gud.
Chaos does not equate to fun for a lot of people.
>>
File: 1303826999676.jpg (33 KB, 364x442) Image search: [Google]
1303826999676.jpg
33 KB, 364x442
>>286812629
>Nobody takes any fighting game seriously.
Yeah I'd backpedal like that too if I had to defend a turd like DoA.
>>
>>286812309

WAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>286812427
>theres no such thing as a balanced fighter
The fuck are you on about now?
>>
>>286812674
DoA is a really casual fighter and the imagine is completely ruined because Team Ninja has been pushing tits for way too long.

And whats best is that the players never leave their homes but still expect it to be a mainstage game at EVO.
The current DoA maker even had to write a letter to the community telling them to leave their house if they want to see the game get played.
>>
>>286812792
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

redfrog.jpg
>>
>>286812553
SFIV is boring as fuck, it's also hideous.

Everything else, I'll agree with.
>>
>>286812657
>Socializing
It sucks but beats the shit out of playing online
>>
>>286812880
You tell me, dipshit. I didn't ask a yes or no question so "nah" was not a fucking comprehensive reply. Learn to communicate you subhuman.
>>
>>286812553
All of my this, please, just take it.
>>
>>286813048
>I can't understand basic language
>I will now throw a shitfit because I can't comprehend English
Okay.
>>
>>286812927
Yeah and the game is clearly marketed with the tits thing in mind and yet they try to hide it like its not there

Not that a game couldnt possibly be a deep fighter + tits so i dont get why they are ashamed for that aspect of the game
>>
>>286812763
stags with no hazards.
no items
only 1 vs 1
its shit
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 640x876) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 640x876
>>286813151
It's hard to believe you were born and both your parents failed you.
>accuse others of not understanding basic language after you literally made a post that just said "nah" in reply to post that had multiple statements in it without any questions
>>
>>286812978
It's all a matter of opinions.

I don't actually care if someone prefers Smash 4 or likes watching it but hearing them claim that Smash 4 is better because it's not like fighting games or all fighting games are the same is some major-ass bullshit.

And any criticism levied against Smash 4 is deflected because it's not a fighting game or because it's not meant to be played at a deeper level, as if that's supposed to stop someone from examining the mechanics.
>>
>>286813204
Because of the mentioned image problem.

I mean, look at the /v/ DoA threads.
Thats the people who play the game now.
Others see this and get alienated directly.
I've seen people tell me that they didnt even know that DoA has male characters.
Now some desperate fans try to hide that but you cant really hide it.

Team Ninja fucked themselves into the corner with this.
Well no. They didnt because they make fat stacks thanks to bikini DLC. But the ones who want to build up a scene are fucked, because the games dont attact people that leave their house but also keep people away that might have given the games a chance if they had a different paintjob.
>>
>>286813441
>projecting now
Cool.
>with multiple statements
I singled out what I was replying to, but it seems basic language is beyond your comprehension still. It's cute watching you struggle this hard.
>>
>>286813441
I will now sit down to try to figure out if you are joking or really this dumb.
>>
>>286813387
You're ignoring all of the mechanics in the game that make it incredibly exciting to play that way, though. You're not taking into account anything except "Muh party gaem" and how it should remain that way.
It's pretty stupid, honestly.
>>
>>286813619
Yes, I am aware of reality and capable of understanding people have opinions too.

The people who are the problem, as was stated in the post I replied to, are people who actively ignore things and then act like they have relevant opinions towards them. You like Smash? Cool. You think Smash is better than [fighting game] because you know nothing about it but you like Smash? Fuck you.
>>
>>286813654
Team Ninja literally did fuck themselves into the corner though because bikinis dont even sell well and they were the ones who were trying to make it an ultra-competitive publicevent fighter by bringing DoA back to arcades after DoA2 was the last arcade DoA.

They're just retards over there at Team Ninja.
>>
>>286813654
Seems about right i have never seen anyone discuss DOA from the mechanical point of view neither on /v/ nor in fgg, its always people posting about the lewds.
>>
>>286813658
You'd think (had you any intelligence) offering a counter-argument in your statement of denial would be the logical thing to do.

You can't just say "nah" then leave it there.

Do you have a double digit IQ or something
>>
>>286813914
>because bikinis dont even sell well
Do they not?

And yeah, I remember the desperate IM A FIGHTER campaign.
LOOK AT ME I'M ACTUALLY A FIGHTING GAME
Turned out to be a huge joke and they went straight back to the tits.
>>
>>286813654

Try to explain that to morons who think they're soft-banning certain costumes in public tourneys "because of the SJWs".
>>
>>286814338
I mean i guess you could say they sell well for the target audience but even then i doubt most of even that audience has pirchased all the costume DLC cause it easily adds up to over $200 which is obscenely more than anyone is willing to pay for DLC costumes for a game thats not even popular.

It's a neet otaku ecchi fantasy game and they primarily play it home alone.
>>
>>286814469
Why would you even bother with any /pol/ reject who cant stop yapping about their boogieman?

Just ignore the retards.
Its mostly just shitposters anyways, like the guys who called everybody who disliked Chloes design in Tekken7 a SJW.

Just move on.
>>
>>286810142
Most FPS that I've seen it's just selecting a set of weapons and shooting up on other soldiers, or running around a "Campaign" where you shoot up on other soldiers. People praise the shooting ranges in these games, apparently not understanding that Shooting up on a non-responsive target isn't a fun time for a lot of people, It's not engaging, any more than beating up on a stupid CPU soldier is.
>>
>>286814685
They dont sell all dlc to the fans.
Thats not the intention anyways.
But they sell some of it to fans and that adds up.

We have people here who buy the games only to jerk off, and these games sell better than some other fighting games.
Its all the same to Team Ninja as they make money either way.
>>
>>286798139
So since inclusive means casualization, which the actual fans(those that play the game for years) don't want, what do you suggest?

fps elements?
>>
>>286814469
They don't even play the game, and even if they do they certainly don't play it for competitive purposes.

At that point they basically are SJWs trying to butt into a competitive scene trying to recover from a death spiral.
>>
>>286814685
DoA5 switched its target audience to otaku neets away from FG fans and if going on sales of DoA5 has any meaning, they've clearly lost a huge audience by switching.

The combined sales of DoA5 Vanilla, DoA5 Ultimate, DoA5+, DoA5 Arcade and DoA5 Last Round across Xbox360+PS3+Vita+Xbone+PS4 haven't surpassed the sales that DOA3 accomplished as an Original Xbox exclusive, nor DoA4 as an Xbox360 exclusive.

TeamNinja fucked up tremendously.
>>
>>286811398
Change it for "Name a current game..."
Because old fighting games are broken as fuck and that's because the genre was still kinda new so they usually did experiments rather than testing and balancing..
>>
>>286811949
>Where is the emotional skill in fighting games?
Jokes on you, if someone would said that seriously it's because doesn't understands a basic concept of fighting games that is putting mental pressure on your rival by actions on the game.
So he/she probably sucks utter shit.
>>
>>286815371
i guess that explains why costume dlc is so abundant and expensive. They're trying their best to make up lost profit via cheap-to-produce aftermarket addons.
>>
File: 1424434524855.jpg (46 KB, 580x324) Image search: [Google]
1424434524855.jpg
46 KB, 580x324
>FIGHTING GAMES ARE DYING
>SFV, MKX AND T7 ABOUT TO RELEASED, WITH XRD BEING ONLY A FEW MONTHS OLD
>SMASH 4 IS DYING BUT MELEE IS BIGGER THAN EVER
>MEANWHILE, THE INDIE SCENE FOR FIGHTING GAMES IS BOOMING AND WE'RE GETTING SOME OF THE BEST FIGHTING GAMES IN YEARS BECAUSE OF IT
>IGNORING LETHAL LEAGUE
>IGNORING BARABARIBALL
>IGNORING BLADE SYMPHONY
>IGNORING DIVEKICK (which is fun even if it's not a game you sink hundreds of hours into)
>IGNORING NIDHOGG
>IGNORING SAMURAI GUNN
>IGNORING TOWERFALL
>IGNORING POCKET RUMBLE
lmfao i hope no one paid him to write this
>>
>>286815371

Is that really a result of them changing their target audience, or is it the other way around. Meaning the general population stopped buying their games so they're focusing more on the otaku market.

Because this really isn't exclusive to DoA, the Japanese market has collapsed over the last decade or so. The same thing happened to anime.
>>
>>286814113
>projecting again
>still having no argument
Nice.
>>
Man, I hope Tekken 7 ends up being good. How far away is it again?
>>
>All this trash talk and humiliating history about DOA

Should I cut off my thumbs and renouce fighting games forever since it's my favorite fighter. ;_;

I knew it was never as deep or balanced as Tekken/VR/SF but I never knew it was so widely regarded as trash. I loved the fast pace of the game and the counter system, what games would be good to graduate to as a DOA player?
>>
>>286817680
virtua fighter would be easy to get into because DoA has always been copying it but good luck finding anybody to play with.
>>
File: flips manora.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
flips manora.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>286817332
It's amazing how meta and paradoxical your posts are.
>>
>>286817680
Nothing wrong with liking DoA bro it's just fundamentally busted.

Hoping on the Tekken, Soul Calibur or Virtua Fighter bus might not be a bad idea but you're mileage will vary.
>>
>>286818108
>posting selfies on /v/
Wow.
>>
>>286817680
DOA is dead anon.

There's a DOA5 community but even the ones who end up at tournaments are predominantly just shitty neets who can't play the game well and "look" like the type of person who would buy japanese games focused on sexuality.

hopefully Sega is working on a VF6 or something.
>>
>>286818357
I've got nothing against DoA5's community but SonicFox and his brother are cringier than any Smash player.
>>
>>286818267
I bet your mom thinks youre a funny guy.
>>
>>286798139
There is literally nothing wrong with elitism in a competitive scene.
>>
>>286818580
At least I have a mom, unlike you.
>>
>SMASH 4 IS DYING BUT MELEE IS BIGGER THAN EVER
>MEANWHILE, THE INDIE SCENE FOR FIGHTING GAMES IS BOOMING AND WE'RE GETTING SOME OF THE BEST FIGHTING GAMES IN YEARS BECAUSE OF IT
>IGNORING LETHAL LEAGUE
>IGNORING BARABARIBALL
>IGNORING BLADE SYMPHONY
>IGNORING DIVEKICK (which is fun even if it's not a game you sink hundreds of hours into)
>IGNORING NIDHOGG
>IGNORING SAMURAI GUNN
>IGNORING TOWERFALL
>IGNORING POCKET RUMBLE

half of those aren't fighting games, though.
>>
>>286818729
Learn to quote, dumbass.
>>
File: 1425041673529.png (240 KB, 935x720) Image search: [Google]
1425041673529.png
240 KB, 935x720
>>286798139
>problematic
>>
>>286804387
>Mortal Kombat has made a 22 year long series of games out of being dumbed down

Are you for real?
Mortal Kombat has literally been though every iteration a figting game franicias can be
>>
>>286813871
what is stupid is that they need to play it without items , only in stages without hazards and only 1 vs1 to make a party game competitive
>>
I like how people always say fighting games are dying because newfags in the community can't take a couple jokes.

>they should ban pop offs
Fuck these people
>>
>>286818613
The problem is that it's not just in competitions. People in the fighting game community despise "scrubs" and don't like accepting new people into their secret club.
>>
>>286819693

It's not nearly as bad as it used to be.
>>
>>286819693
Are you getting fighting games confused with RTS? If you're new to a fighting game people at worst will dominate you and mock you doing it but they will still at least play with you. When I tried into RTS games I was constantly kicked, or banned, or left alone in a game when I showed my noob-ness by not flowering proper build orders and etc.
>>
>>286818873
Cool. Doesn't change that the only thing close to a fighting game on that list is Pocket Rumble. The rest are either action platformers or just arena games.
>>
>>286797887
Anyone who says "fighting games are a dying breed" doesn't remember when fighting games really WERE a dying breed, in the mid 2000s.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.