[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will the cancer age end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: 1425590420650.jpg (231 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1425590420650.jpg
231 KB, 600x900
When is the dark age of the vidya gonna end?

What I mean is this current cancer phase we are going through means vidya are guaranteed to never be taken even remotely seriously. Just look at how any old gaming 'properties' are shamelessly sold off and made into Disneyified or App Store versions.

When will things get taken as seriously as films or music, where developers and publishers actually still have a little bit of integrity and shame left?

pic unrelated, didn't have a relevant vidya one
>>
Video games are being taken seriously by people. You also see the same problems in movies in books. Movies are constantly being remade from previous movies and books. Many books are copies of other books that are already popular.
>>
Maybe you should have bought all those great games back in the day instead of pirating them lol.
>>
>>285874354

With the release of Black Desert Online in the west
>>
>>285874354
>What I mean is this current cancer phase we are going through means vidya are guaranteed to never be taken even remotely seriously.
It will end as soon as you stop whining like a little bitch about every minor thing that you don't like or that doesn't cater to your tastes. It will end as soon as you stop being elitist and pretending there is any meaningful distinction between "casual" gaming and "hardcore" gaming.

You want to be taken seriously like film and music? Realize that nobody throws a bitchfit every time a rap song comes out because it "isn't real music". Realize that nobody throws a bitchfit every time there is a made-for-TV C-rate movie that gets produced. Stop whining and crying because a girl or a transgender or just an ugly person made a video game, or that there is a girl on the internet who might be playing a game you once played. Seriously, no other industry cares in the slightest about any of those of that stuff. It would be laughable if anyone even implied that somebody should insult or hit on a girl just because she watched a Transformers movie, but everyone seems to think it's perfectly find to threat her that way for playing Call of Duty.

You want to be taking seriously? Grow up.
>>
>>285876779
>Grind-intensive Korean mmo
It's not like we don't have enough of those..
>>
>>285874354
DICK STATUS: MUH
>>
>>285877203

Confirmed alien from another planet
>>
>>285877203
Only person in here whining I see is you, faggot. WHY OH WHY DOESN'T AN ENTIRE HOBBYIST CULTURE DROP EVERYTHING AND CATER TO MEEEEEE????

That's what you sound like to us. You're a giant dipshit as well, because the underground ALWAYS is there to shit on mainstream, in practically every entertainment medium. You're right, maybe they don't complain about a C-rate movie, they simply ignore its existence. You know why we can't do that with games? Because now we have an entire gang of faggots there to bitch, whine and cry about how you are a somethingphobic hateful spiteful person for not supporting some subpar dev who barely knows anything about gaming to begin with. Once they start creating something worth playing, people will start taking notice, and no, whining by soft little bitches in the games media won't force the issue, faggot. Money talks, you little shit. That's the end of the story. Now get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>285877203
>Videogames must cater to the minority I represent!
>If you do this games will be great again.

How exactly?

You are the reason our hobby is getting ruined to begin with.
>>
>>285877203
>that doesn't cater to your tastes
Maybe it's all too shit to meet anyone's taste who isn't a total ass-feeder.
>>
>>285877203
>Call of duty is the videogame equivalent of transformers

more like twilight
>>
>>285878695

No Gone Home is the equivalent of Twilight, but CoD is easily the equivalent of Transformers, both are dumb mindless action movies.
>>
>>285877945
You wanted to know why video games weren't being taken seriously, like film or music. Now you know why. Plugging your ears won't make that go away.

And the ironic things is that you seem to see it too, but are to blind to figure out the obvious conclusion. If someone like Quinn or Wu decided to make a movie like the games they've made, what would happen? Absolutely fucking nothing. Everyone would ignore them, and outside the small little fangroup they would never even be known. But when it comes to video games, there is a massive shitstorm about them even trying to sell their shitty not-even-games on Steam. You idiots can't stop talking about them. It's like a high school rumor mill or some shitting Entertainment Tonight digest, except that everyone who talks about video games is involved.

It's little wonder why everyone considers most video game players to be whiny children or the equivalent of autists who read supermarket checkout magazines. That's exactly what you are.
>>
When the next cancer age comes and this one is fondly remembered as the 'golden age of vidya'.

Mark my words it will happen.
>>
>>285874354
Who is this fluid druid?
>>
AHAHAHAHA U MAD BITCH
>>
>>285879125
>when it comes to video games, there is a massive shitstorm about them even trying to sell their shitty not-even-games on Steam.

Could be because when they do it even Obama tattoes reviews of those games on his ass.

Videogames actually were much more serious before, something music and film cannot vouch for, since they were unadultered and made just for gamers and not for normalfags.
>>
>>285879125
You literally ignored the post you're replying to.
Nice mediocre bait you got here pal
>>
>>285874354
Oh would you shut up with this shit.

Yes there are more shitty games than ever before. But you know why?

Because there are more GAMES than ever before.

There's an absolutely staggering number of good games out now. You're just too lazy to actually go out and find them, and/or you just want to bitch about something.
>>
>>285879525
shut the hell up nerd
>>
>>285874354
I really hope you aren't assuming everyone involved in the film and music industry have shame and integrity.
>>
File: 083.jpg (18 KB, 377x351) Image search: [Google]
083.jpg
18 KB, 377x351
>>285874354
>complains about vidya not being taken seriously
>posts a picture of a sexy Japanese woman

Vidya being taken too seriously is precisely the problem we have. Games are not movies or music. They are games. They are meant to be fun. They are not held back by the rules of movies and music. They can be literally anything the creator can imagine. There are so many types of games that anyone can find something they like playing. If you want to be taken "seriously" for playing video games, I suggest you go look for a more pretentious hobby. The most serious you will ever be taken is if you win a gaming tournament, and then normalfags will mock you relentlessly for the mount of time you invested in your hobby to git good. People who actually enjoy games will either respect you or get buttmad with jelly, and that's fine. Play games for your own enjoyment, not for the respect of normalfags.
>>
>>285879982
I'm not, just that there are some who exist, whereas with vidya, there are NONE.

NONE.
>>
>>285880063
That we know of. If you really want to make publishers and devs have shame and integrity, do them a solid and show them how it's done. Find a group of like minded individuals and make a game together.
>>
The fact that being looked at by normalfags turned games into shit should tell people something about normalfags.

I'm not sure why anybody wanted such cancer to infest our hobby, don't you fucking see their lives?

Their idea of fun consists on zero interactivity for like 99% of their activities.
>>
>>285879615
>unadultered
I believe you mean "unadulterated". At least I hope you do.

And consider how whiny and elitist you sound like. What do most people think about a person who complains that rap isn't "real music" or complains about boy bands? They consider them immature and silly and whining on about trivial points. What do most people think about a person who complains about the second and third Matrix movies, or about how the second Highlander setting up the franchise for ruin? Again, silly and immature and whining about some trivial pointless details.

What do most people think about a person that says Gone Home or The Last of Us is not a game?
And what do most people think of video games as a whole when most people playing them say that?

The question was asked why video games are not taken seriously, like film or music.
You now have your answer.
You are free to make your decisions based off it.
>>
Why are gamers so obsessed with "Being taken seriously"?
By whom?

In what way?

You people sound like that 12 year old kid who's frustrated at his parents because he's "An adult now and can do whatever I want"
>>
>Metal Gear Solid V
>Persona 5
>Witcher 3
>Mortal Kombat X
>Bloodborne
>Zelda U
>Arkham Knight
>Street Fighter V
>Star Fox U
>Final Fantasy XV
>Pillars of Eternity

There is no shortange of great video games coming up.
There has ALWAYS been a ton of shit video games and a handful of great ones. This is the same for every medium. There will always be good and bad games, just ignore the shit and play the good ones.
>>
>>285879000
>Gone Home is the equivalent of Twilight
Not really. Gone Home is more the vidya equivalent of mumblecore
>>
>>285880630
>consider how whiny and elitist you sound like

I like my hobbie, that doesn't make me whiny nor elitist, simply makes me a hobbyist

>They consider them immature and silly

And make them music critis.

>This is what people will think about you.

Like I give a fuck about what you think about me. I DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE YOU, THAT'S WHY I DO DIFFERENT THINGS, THINK DIFFERENTLY AND EVEN TAKE SHITS DIFFERENTLY.

>What do most people think about a person that says Gone Home or The Last of Us is not a game?

I don't care.

Why should I again?

I am the guy who DOESN'T want the recognition of the rest of the world and actually wants them to fuck off, not the original poster.

>Oh, people will think this and that.

Fuck people.
>>
when it stops being trendy
>>
File: 1401733769974.jpg (602 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1401733769974.jpg
602 KB, 2448x3264
>>285874354
>When is the dark age of the vidya gonna end?
When you post more of her
>>
>Wanting videogames to be taken more seriously

I want them to be taken LESS seriously again
>>
>>285880725
>Why are gamers so obsessed with "Being taken seriously"?
I'm not obsessed, it's just that until the medium as a whole starts taking ITSELF more seriously, we're gonna keep getting shit on by developers and publishers, as long as normals keep buying it up.
>>
File: 45002423.jpg (1 MB, 1400x1590) Image search: [Google]
45002423.jpg
1 MB, 1400x1590
>>285874354
2D vs 3D
>>
>>285882445
>it's just that until the medium as a whole starts taking ITSELF more seriously,

Alright.

But what does that mean and what would that entail?
>>
File: tripwire.jpg (143 KB, 939x348) Image search: [Google]
tripwire.jpg
143 KB, 939x348
Vote with your wallet.
>>
File: 1401744142049.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1401744142049.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>285874354
>>285882629
Actually
they're both pretty good
Exists there a specific nomenclature regarding the alluring presentation of the female spine?
>>
>>285882629
3D actually has better definition and geometry

>>285882757
Gamers stop buying shit including DLC and freemium shit, and also stop buying remakes.

Okay, let's give you a fucking serious answer because you've heard that countless times.

When developers START ACTUALLY HAVING COMPLETE OWNERSHIP OF THEIR CREATION AND NEVER SELL IT OUT TO A FUCKING PUBLISHER THAT'S WHEN THINGS WILL CHANGE.

The minute a developer starts caring about his artistic creation on a level of integrity and identification seen by some musicians (maybe in the past, because I haven't seriously listened to music for a while). I thought we had that with Souls until that fuckwit Tanimura proved that giving control to a b-team is always a shit idea.
For a while, I haven't seen anyone be protective and selfish towards their vidya creation in the way that I've seen some musicians or film-makers be that way. Actually, I think it's possibly more prevalent in film, take something like Lost in Translation or Goodfellas or even the Rome series, we're not going to get a pointless sequel. They stand well enough on their own and that's the way it should be.
>>
>>285882629
That doesn't even look human. If I'm going to be that far removed from reality I'll just get off to furshit.
>>
>>285884071
>When developers START ACTUALLY HAVING COMPLETE OWNERSHIP OF THEIR CREATION AND NEVER SELL IT OUT TO A FUCKING PUBLISHER THAT'S WHEN THINGS WILL CHANGE.

That's uh.

That's literally how every single form of media works.

Books are subject to publishers
Music is subject to record labels
Movies and TV shows are subject to studios.
EVERYONE is subject to the advertiser.

By your definition, literally every form of media currently existing "Doesn't take itself seriously"
>>
>>285874354
when consoles that charge monthly fees to the point where the cost exceeds a better gaming PC

When xbone/ps4 die

When ubisoft/EA/etc die

> seriously as films or music
How is it not being taken seriously?

PC taking over the fanbases of xbone/ps4 would allow the AAA developers more freedom and a wider userbase than anyone has seen before. The Wii U and nintendo in general can cater to the younger/broader audiences while PCs will have the "serious" genres of gaming. hell, sell steam machines or PCs at a discount price but with mandatory monthly fees that pay for 24/7 technical support and pay back the discount price. They'd feel right at home paying monthly fees anyway. The days when the industry is controlled by bad, overpriced (through monthly fees) consoles need to end. The freedom, power and cheapness of PCs is far better than the consoles right now and consoles STILL have people gobbling down that jewish bullshit. they can't connect monthly fees with the total cost of their console. Bad consumers can not understand the concept of monthly payments, thats why places like aarrons exist. But, these terrible consumers will always exist and gaming will be terrible until it crashes.

Honestly console fags, are you going to pay the price of a gaming PC to ensure that exclusivity to bad expensive products continues? You literally support the concept of being milked out the ass and have good games imprisoned to these mediocre limited goyim milkers. What the fuck is wrong with you? How does their existence help you?

Closed platforms aren't the only limiters that exist that would insensitivize optimization. Limits in average computer hardware would force them to optimize their games to run well(on low) on some of the lowest end modern cards. Console just doesn't have any advantages anymore other than being simple for the simpletons who fall for these fucking scams.

They're even trained to shout MUH EXCLUSIVES, in defense of their jewish lords.
>>
>>285877203
>You want to be taken seriously like film and music?
No. Video games are toys, not art, so I don't want them to be taken seriously like films and music.
>>
>>285884532
>That's literally how every single form of media works.
No m8
>>
>>285877203
It's less whining because a girl or a transgender or an ugly person made a video game and more that people blame the fact their game did so poorly because they're a girl, transgender, or ugly.

If that's the case then don't bring up the fact you are one of these and just make the fucking video game like everyone else.
>>
>>285882629
Both are good, but the 2D has some sweet sideboob, so she wins this round.
>>
>>285880040
>They can be literally anything the creator can imagine.

Then why is it not ok for games like Gone Home, The Order, The Last of Us, etc to exist?
>>
>>285885763
>more that people blame the fact their game did so poorly because they're a girl, transgender, or ugly.

Don't forget they act like there's a vast, misogynist conspiracy when a nutjob here and there calls them a Tranny/bitch/hag.
>>
>>285874354
>When will things get taken as seriously as films or music, where developers and publishers actually still have a little bit of integrity and shame left?

What planet do you live on?
>Michael Bay films
>Whores twerking on camera pop "music"

Neither of them have any integrity.
>>
>>285887019
>every film is a michael bay film
We covered this pretty early on

Thanks for being 'that' retard though
>>
>>285887196
And every game is Gone Home or Call of Duty.

The argument still holds.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.