[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't I fucking can't It's the first time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: PT.jpg (119 KB, 623x417) Image search: [Google]
PT.jpg
119 KB, 623x417
I can't

I fucking can't

It's the first time I actually can't complete a game because it's affecting me too much.

Jesus fuck
>>
File: Kojima The End.jpg (42 KB, 749x166) Image search: [Google]
Kojima The End.jpg
42 KB, 749x166
>>
>>285749115
Well what fucking game is it faggot
>>
>>285749115
I know what you mean.
It is so boring and tedious, I couldn't complete it a well.
>>
>>285749352
it's the phantom pain
STANDING
>>
>>285749352
u blind or just stupid?
>>
Why, did you kill your wife and babby?
>>
>>285749115
i almost had a heart attack playing this on my friend's ps4
>>
>Kojima revealed that he wants to make the player "shit your pants," and that the 7780 Studios received its name from the square kilometer area of Shizuoka, a Japanese prefecture which literally translates to "Quiet Hills." Many Japanese people simply refer to the horror game series as Shizuoka. Kojima also expected the demo to take at least a week to beat, and admitted he was surprised the demo was beaten the day it was released.

>Kojima also revealed that the graphics were intentionally toned down to give the impression the demo was being developed by an indie studio.
>>
>>285749259
I wonder if they bribed him with American-style hamburgers to keep him from doing that.
>>
>>285749776
>>
>>285749491

I actually stopped playing it made me feel awful both mentally and physically. I'm actually impressed by this.

Bravo, Kojima.
>>
>>285750256
Is it just cheap jump-scares or what?
>>
File: p-t-.jpg (241 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
p-t-.jpg
241 KB, 1920x1080
>>285750568

The atmosphere and the detailed environment is extremely creepy, so is the ambient sounds and ambient music. It's so fucking unnerving and unsettling. Pic related is where you start. I would assume playing this with an occulus rift would cause casualties.
>>
did you rike it?
>>
>>285750903
He's asking if there are any jump scares at all so he knows whether it's safe to play anon.
>>
>>285750903
Yeah, well I play Alien Isolation a bit with my rift and that makes me feel pretty sick after a while, not because of motion sickness or whatever but because it gets your adrenaline going so much.
>>
>>285749259
I wonder how polite the other developers and Konami overlords were when they tried to tell kojima it was not recommended
>>
>>285751494
well i dont have a ps4 so i wont be playing it any time soon. I just wanted to know because the reactions in trailer in the op made it look like the ' quiet quiet BANG' type of scary
>>
>>285751494
There's only 1 jump scare, but the game is designed to make you expect a jump scare every 8-10 seconds.

It has good audio. Very realistic.

I got through it in about 45 mins (couldn't find that hole in the wall)

It's alright, but neat how you can get 45 mins of content with literally just one hallway.

in case you fags don't know, it's free assuming you have a Potatostation 4. It actually gave me a reason to use my ps4
>>
>literally scared of pixel
>>
>>285751559
goddamn i wanna play A:I with VR so badly. Will Valve's headset be compatible with it?
>>
>>285749905

\>filebnames
>>
File: open door.jpg (12 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
open door.jpg
12 KB, 1024x576
OP here

I actually managed to make it here, the door in front of me just opened violently on its own and I was hearing baby cries earlier

send help
>>
She sucks your dick if she kills you. Just a heads up
>>
>>285749259
absolute madman
>>
I
SAID
LOOK
BEHIND YOU
>>
>>285752716
no because the head dev will be killed by a car
>>
File: babby.jpg (23 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
babby.jpg
23 KB, 1024x576
>>285753132

FUCK

BABBY DED
>>
>>285752716
I don't see why not, A:I works brilliantly with VR as well, in most of the games i've played that weren't designed with VR in mind the scale of things can be a bit off but A:I is perfect, it makes me whimper like a bitch when i'm hiding under a desk from the Alien.
>>
File: 13300347793436.png (233 KB, 620x634) Image search: [Google]
13300347793436.png
233 KB, 620x634
>>285753908
THAT'S NO BABY, ANON
>>
>>285749259
I really, really, really would have loved to see how a developer would have tackled something like that.

Super glad Old Boy never made it in to MGS2 though, that kind of fight would have just got boring in the Shell, there's enough backtracking as it is.
>>
>>285754226
Its a fetus that she had inside her when her husband killed her.
>>
>>285749115
What kind of overactive imagination do you have? Shut up and play the game.
>>
File: 1417835541099.jpg (22 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1417835541099.jpg
22 KB, 400x267
I played PT at a friend's place.

Its a shitty walking simulator with a handful of jumpscares and some of the most obscure 'puzzles' I've seen in some time.
>>
"LOOK BEHIND YOU"

The radio was the best part of PT.
>>
BITCH JUST FUCKING JUMPED AT ME WHILE I WAS LOOKING AT A PICTURE ON THE TABLE, THAT WAS UNFAIR

FUCK

NOW IM BACK IN THE STARTING ROOM, HELP
>>
>>285749596
>Kojima also revealed that the graphics were intentionally toned down to give the impression the demo was being developed by an indie studio.
He's so fucking full of shit. Jesus christ, how could he say that with a straight face. The game looks amazing.
>>
>>285749259
Yoooo remember if you changed ps2 date and time the end would have died without fighting him?
Hideo is pure genius
>>
>>285754585
After killing his family, the father hung himself with a garden hose they had in the garage.
After killing his family, the father hung himself with an umbilical cord they had in the garage.
>>
>>285753132

wow 2 spooky 4 me
>>
>>285754551
>some of the most obscure 'puzzles' I've seen in some time.
I mean, that was kinda the point. The whole thing was there as a cover for the Silent Hills reveal, they didn't want people just running through it and finding out what it actually was in 5 minutes.
>>
>>285754949
It was if you actually waited like a week, but people just changed the time to cheat.
Still an amazing mechanic, almost all of the Metal Gear games are full of great TECHNOLOGY
>>
I beat this in an hour. It was pretty fun. I don't see why you guys are such pussies.
>>
>>285749115
Fuck off Hector
>>
>brought ps4 over to 14 year old cousins house to play vidya 2 days back. he never played on a current gen console before

>went straight onto this game

>w-what game is this?

>just a silly little puzzel game, mate. here put these headphones on and just walk around

>hilarity ensued as he saw her for the first time

i think he has been emotionally scarred from this game and im to blame. he never played it again and insisted that we should play some Plants vs Zombies

havent experienced gold like that since i was a kid playing Silent Hill for the first time with my mate back on ps1 in the old days
>>
DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL NOW, WE'RE JUST GETTING STARTED
>>
Game had its creepy moments, but nothing tops her staring at you from the balcony.
>>
>>285756221

I've gone through it 4 times now and still haven't seen that happen.
>>
>>285756283
It happens on the loop where the window panel falls.
>>
>>285756221
>>285756283
same. i hacent seen her there yet still. or in the window too. i just always see her either in the bathroom or hallway
>>
>>285756591

Ahh, alright, I must not have looked up there during that loop, good to know.

I don't know how I'm gonna handle Silent Hills if it's even remotely like this. I wasn't even able to get through this alone in broad daylight, I had to invite a friend over.
>>
>>285756646
I've seen her through the window and in the hallway, but not the bathroom as far as I remember or the balcony.

I hope they incorporate the randomness of the scares in to the real project, it's such a fucking good idea, especially for those that love replaying games like me.
>>
>>285756221
Too spooky for me. I mean it.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.