[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are modern games forgotten faster? It seems like they have m
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1384343089332.jpg (83 KB, 571x387) Image search: [Google]
1384343089332.jpg
83 KB, 571x387
Are modern games forgotten faster? It seems like they have much less staying power on average and quickly become something like 'yesterdays news'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnKUyE2peDw
>>
No, its just muh nostalgia.
And you're on a forum with short memory.
>>
probably because you're older now, so games don't make much an impression on you since you notice how much they borrow from other things and all the patterns

also i guess back then there were less set rules for video games, so people were experimenting a lot more or something
>>
>>285597357
Smart post
>>
>>285597135

The fuck did Square do to Tidus?
>>
>>285597135
I agree

Lets get a discussion about tomb raider 2014 going. How about that...hair, eh?
>>
>>285597835
Made him better
>>
>>285597975
Man people still talk about the hair situation from the first game.
>>
>>285597835
Made him "HD".
>>
More games are released nowadays than they were back then. Companies had to give a shit and release a product that was complete, lest they risk falling into obscurity. Now they can just release something and patch it later. There wasn't much going on in this industry back in the day, so you looked forward to what was coming out, because it was all new.
>>
>>285597135
Maybe. Seems like the amount of information available via the internet and social media before and after release allows people to form opinions and a consensus faster.
>>
>>285601052
The golden age of gaming was during the 70s and 80s, for example Tomb Raider was released in 1996, the gaming industry and markets weren't exactly new.
>>
>>285597835
Made him look even more like Meg Ryan apparently.
>>
>>285597135
Does tidus really look that fat in the HD remake or is that just a really bad picture. He looks like Yuna's lesbian sister.
>>
>>285597135
>more polys
>but shittier colors
Why can't square do anything right

>>285602865
Different expressions I think? His jaw is lowered on the left so it stretches his face
>>
File: beautiful squidward.jpg (32 KB, 500x444) Image search: [Google]
beautiful squidward.jpg
32 KB, 500x444
>>285597835
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.