[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the Ulysses of video games? Does it exist and, more importantly,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: ulysses.jpg (26 KB, 430x323) Image search: [Google]
ulysses.jpg
26 KB, 430x323
What is the Ulysses of video games?
Does it exist and, more importantly, can it?
>>
Indie games are the James Joyce of vidya.

Hipsters act like its good so they can seem educated in their college classes, but no one really likes it.
>>
Anyone actually read this? I have always been curious, but it seems like a hole of boredom and shit that one could accidentally fall into.
>>
What developer in vidya has a huge fart and scat fetish like James Joyce?
>>
fuck off /i/ you bunch of nerds
>>
What is the Don Quixote of gaming?
>>
>>284719843
Your life.
>>
>>284719443
The thing about the book is that nobody I've met whose actually read it cover to cover disliked it. You gotta read it to understand what it is. Because once you do, it like, owns your SOUL or something. It's a magical book, man. It's like LSD.

It's like, an ENIGMA.
>>
>>284719932

I'm not rich, though. And I have no friends.
>>
>>284719443
It's just a couple of guys that go to a funeral and later to get drunk.
The only thing it does is that it writes all the chapter in a different narrative form. Some of them are more cryptic than others.
It's worth a read because it's "special". And it also comes with some talbes and shit to understand almost all of its subtely stuff.
It's really dense and most of the time boring, to be honest.
>>
>>284720387
Just like the last days of life of Don Quixote
>>
>>284721000

But I never had any grandiose adventures!
>>
Mechagamezilla
>>
>>284721172
Technically speaking, neither did he?
>>
>>284721790

I never felt like I was doing anything cool, either.
>>
What is the Atlanta Nights of Vidya?
>>
>>284721790
At least he thought he did, anon
>>
>>284719206
Depends on what you consider it to be
If in youor opinion is a journey that connects the reader and the character redefining the fourth wall, it's Link's Awakeninìng
If you think of it as a modern materpiece which created a gendre, it's MGS3
If you think is overrated shit and shouldn't be considered a proper narrative book it's Depression Quest
>>
>>284723084
>modern masterpiece
>created a genre
>mgs3
Are you high?
>>
Lonesome Road
>>
>>284723285
MG 1 and 2 were basically still shooters.
MGS1 and MGS2 were good, but too flawed.
MGS3 was the real deal
>>
>>284723507
You're retarded
>>
>>284723507
>readl deal
You are high
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.