[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a setting and style for a horror game that you think would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 107
File: 1394312659606.jpg (2 MB, 1763x1430) Image search: [Google]
1394312659606.jpg
2 MB, 1763x1430
Name a setting and style for a horror game that you think would scare the shit out of you, personally, if it was made.
>>
>"vg_threads"
>>
Completely abandoned city/town, you occasionally hear screaming off in the distance and at night there are lights that slowly come towards you.
>>
Hordes of moderately attractive girls trying to make casual conversation with me
>>
Deep sea.
>>
>>284039934
Hahahhaha
Oh, good one anon!
>>
File: JoJoAlessy.png (732 KB, 726x1000) Image search: [Google]
JoJoAlessy.png
732 KB, 726x1000
>>284039637
I'd be interested to see what a competent dev might do about more human horror like dealing with a sociopath in your social circles, dealing with a pedofile as a child-character or living in a real police-state.
I've played horror games since original Alone in the Dark, my favourite so far is Silent Hill 2, but nothing has ever made me feel as uneasy as playing 'Papers, Please'.
>>
File: 657347353.jpg (761 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
657347353.jpg
761 KB, 1280x720
>>284039890
>>
Have a big area, like a city or canyon or forest or lake or even a skyscraper.

Have you, and one other enemy in the entire area. Have you have to explore it, while the enemy could be anywhere in the area and could attack at any moment.

Have it not linear, either, the entire area is explorable, and you need to back track around to solve the mystery or whatever.
>>
File: 654364634.jpg (73 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
654364634.jpg
73 KB, 1366x768
>>
>>284039637
Deep sea, always deep sea
>>
>>284041157
But out at sea, diving at sea, or in a facility undersea?
>>
>>284041140
What is that? Pretty cool looking.
>>
A horror game set in the Thief universe

Thief Gold was better as a horror game than as a stealth game.
>>
>>284041140
Azathoth?
>>
A normal society with some people "off".

When you converse with them, they seem like normal humans logically but your instincts tell you otherwise.
>>
>>284042436
What like body snatchers or something?
>>
Miiverse.
>>
>>284042436
Man body snatcher creepy pasta always freaks me the hell out
>>
File: colony.jpg (31 KB, 638x360) Image search: [Google]
colony.jpg
31 KB, 638x360
A mission to mars to set up a colony. There's no aliens or any bullshit like that.

Game starts at launch, and your interactions and what you do on the voyage there determines who's on your side, but you don't quite know who to trust, and who's against you until you're there and the place is all set up and running for awhile.

Like after awhile when you're in some corridor working on something, somebody goes batshit, cuts off the power and starts sabotaging the place and you don't know who's doing it.

Maybe some of the crew think it's you. Or something like that. I just want a game that fucks with you psychologically like that.

Basically something like Sunshine: The video game without the 3rd act.
>>
A game where you have to swim around a deep abyss.
>>
Games that utilize jump scares properly. Like say you're walking down an empty dark hallway or in a forest at night. No sounds save for your footsteps and occasional mysterious sounds like a twig snap. If you're too scared to turn around because a monster *might* be behind you is a good horror game. Nothing is scarier than the feeling of uncertainty.
>>
>>284043082
PT?
>>
normal setting but makes you believe it's real
>>
Indie devs please go and stay go
>>
>>284039890
this and also building in the distance that sometimes you can see lights go on and off in the windows or shadow crossing by
>>
Abandoned meat processing plant.
>>
File: inferno.jpg (438 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
inferno.jpg
438 KB, 1024x576
What I've always wanted is a Heavy Rain style 'Divine Comedy', at least the hell section or even a trilogy.

Ultra detailed and scary as fuck. Also include various paths, semi open world whit and side places to explore so it's doesn't feel linear as fuck.
>>
Driving. At night. Dark, barely used pathway. Randomly generated things happen depending on how you're driving/what you do during it. Hitchhikers, creatures on the side of the road. Shit like the rake. Car can break down and you have to fix it yourself. All the while you hear rustling in the trees. Turn around and there's a vanishing hand or something. Shit like that.
>>
>>284042164
>>284042262
do yourselfs a favor and play outer wilds
right now. it's free
>>
>>284039637
Darkseed 3
>>
Seemingly abandoned research base in Antarctica during the winter months.
>>
>>284039637
Something really claustrophobic, like a game set in a cave. Bonus points if areas of the cave are flooded.
>>
>>284039637
crowded places, where almost everyone is just a normal person but at random intervals someone will get close to you and assault you out of nowhere if you don't notice them tailing you

Get you really paranoid so that you get the urge to pre-emptively kill anyone that looks at you funny, even though even though it could just as easily be an ordinary person weirded out by you glancing around all the time.
>>
>>284043820
Fuck anon, take my money. That sounds wonderful.
Man, fuck Dante's Inferno.
>>
game which is procedurally generated from google maps data, public architecture maps and your own location so you play in a semi-real life setting of where you are at
>>
>>284043881
that game Yahtzee made is a bit like that, at least when traveling from town to town.

The other half is side-scrolling through abandoned places filled with monsters, trying to figure out how to stop an impending ritual.
>>
Starts off with a heavy focus for parkour, as you scale one of the worlds tallest mountains (pseudo-Everest), loads of dialogue between you and 3 other climbing buddies.

It's cold, it's misty, it's and it's mostly up or down on narrow pathways or sheer cliff faces. This mountain is notorious for killing many non-experienced and experienced climbers alike.

and yeah, the dead-climbers start to chase you from behind, forcing you upwards to the mountains peak. The reanimated rising from the snow, leaping out from the mist, or grabbing at your legs from underneath. Only weapons are a grappling hook, jump kicks, tackling, and gravity.
>>
Deepsea research base.

Make sure there's lots of dripping water and the noise of collapsing steel as portions of the base collapse while I'm wandering around nearby.

2spooky
>>
Detroit. Just normal Detroit.
>>
File: 41700_2015-02-19_00002.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
41700_2015-02-19_00002.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>284039890
I wish every game had the atmosphere of stalker.
>>
>>284039934

pffft

Just look at the ground
>>
File: putin laughing.jpg (39 KB, 512x326) Image search: [Google]
putin laughing.jpg
39 KB, 512x326
>>284044818
Move to Ukraine and your very life can has the atmosphere of STALKER.
>>
File: 773467.jpg (65 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
773467.jpg
65 KB, 540x405
Scary Video Games To Play In The Dark needs to made.
>>
A normal world with normal murders and criminals, you just play the life of a normal person that gets kidnapped and witnesses a lot of fucked up shit and need to escape. Any monsters or false things ruin the experience for me and only get me with jump scares.

Knowing that it is realistic and this shit could happen in real life is what scares the fuck out of me. Would be nice to play from the view of a victim and then possibly from the view of the murderer, you kill for kicks and have to satisfy his kicks by doing certain things but they make it realistic enough to scare the shit out of you into not wanting to get caught, so you have to be discreet and feel like there is something to lose if you are caught. I guess maybe some sort of reputation that you lose if you get caught that takes hours of gameplay to achieve.
>>
>>284042236
>Thief Deadly Shadow - The Shalebridge Cradle.
Goddamit, this place was more anus-clenching than any other place in any other game including so called "horror game". Fuck it, made me uncomfortable as fuck, and it isn't even supposed to be a scary game.
>>
A game about hunting sea leviathans
>>
>>284043881
Kentucky Route Zero?
>>
>>284045192
Monster Hunter Tri?
>>
>>284044820
What about voices? How to stop hearing them? Should I cover them, look at the ground and yell 'lalalalalala'?
>>
File: 005.jpg (262 KB, 1400x1100) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
262 KB, 1400x1100
Something with Nihei would be great.
Blame! game fucking when?
>>
>>284039637
A game based on Junji Itos stuff.

Siren Blood Curse was also creepy as fuck because it Itoesque designs
>>
Make a proper vidya adaption based on The Thing.
>>
File: Lloyd-Kaufman-headshot.jpg (163 KB, 570x818) Image search: [Google]
Lloyd-Kaufman-headshot.jpg
163 KB, 570x818
>>284046517
Blame would've been better as an art book.
>trying to make sense of Nihei's action sequences
>>
A whole entire planet made of spiders
>>
>>284046686
Wait. It did have Ito's design? Shit I need to play it.
>>
>>284046842
I think you'd be desensitized after about 20 minutes.
>>
>>284046517
STALKER mod when?
>>
>>284046887

Nope. The planet is alive, and goes to great lengths to inflict various spider based horrors upon you in waves and incrementally increasing the depths of their terribleness
>>
>>284044820
>look at the ground
>see their pretty legs in nylons
it's even worse now
>>
>>284042816

> Basically something like Sunshine: The video game without the 3rd act.

God damn it why'd you have to remind me. I watched that like a year ago, it was building up to be one of my all-time favorite movies, then the 3rd act happened. What a waste of a fantastic concept
>>
>>284046775
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqVbOSEsJNo

I'm sure the day when The Thing is going to be milked is upon us. Soon we will get a game like Evolved except you play as "The Thing" and people need to stay alive for a certain duration of time until the huge Blizzard blasts over.
>>
The game isn't scary at first. Maybe it's just a generic shooter like Black or something. But it had highly addictive gameplay so you keep replaying it.

You start to notice things that are different, though. Maybe a background character looks a little odd during a cutscene. Maybe the blood looks a bit different than normal, etc.

The more you play the more twisted things get until the game eventual transitions into a spookfest.

Shit like that scares me the most. It's like when you look at a picture of a forest and you think it looks nice, but then you go back and look at it again an hour later and notice a body hanging from a tree.
>>
Survival Horror on the Planet Remina.
>>
>>284047298
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzw8qdXCep8
>>
>>284042436
Like 40k style "blanks"? (if being basically soulless does that, I mean. I don't really remember.)
>>
>>284046517
Blame is getting an anime

it's going to be a inshow show in sidonia no kishi movie
>>
>>284044813

>wake up in an abandoned building, it's overgrown with plants, the ceiling has caved in at parts, all the windows are broken and there are obvious bulletholes in the walls
>walk outside and
>hear yelling outside
>deformed children are running around throwing bricks at a pack of wild mangy dogs, shouting in some utterly incomprehensible language
>continue walking trying to figure out where the fuck you are
>after a few more days spent running from chem-addled raiders, child soldiers with guns, and wild dog packs, surviving by hiding in broken down buildings you manage to leave the city
>finally find a non-mutant settlement, they even speak English, ask them where you are, what year is it
>Detroit, 2015
>>
>>284039637

Being stuck on a dying planet, only to escape and realizing that everything is dying and the universe is going into heat death. You're the last thing alive floating around in absolute darkness for the last section of the game until the power on your ship runs out.

This is pretty much my worst recurring nightmare, I have had it in different ways but it's generally something along those lines.
>>
>>284047675
didn't Futurama have an episode along those lines?
>>
>>284047298
man I hate when it happens. Like, you notice something off but nah, it's not the style of game, it's just a shooter... right, Mr.NPC? Right?
>>
>>284045182
Only parroting reddit faggots honestly say this.

So much of Thief 1 blows it out of the water.

In fact, the Shalebridge cradle is insanely cliche, its a great level but very cliche and not scary.

The same faggots who praise it praise VTMB god damn beach house.
>>
>>284047684
Depressing.
>>
Underwater with both claustrophobic levels of some research or mining facility and open, dark outside levels with limited oxygen supply and danger of hypothermia.
>>
>>284047743
If I remember right Fry was freezed for some weeks with his ex, then he woke up and thought it was like in the 4000s.
>>
I and a coder/game design student friend of mine were chatting and I wanted to make a game based on being partially blind. You have to avoid monster of some kind, or people and have to make use of a sonar/ping device that let's you see with echolocation for a few seconds before fading away again. You have to memorize where you are going and have to conserve the power of this device or collect more power as you progress.

The harder the difficulty, the harder the conservation of the device will be, the more complex the levels and stronger the enemies/b more better their A.I will be etc.

I can see it as a £5 indie game of some kind, perhaps based in a maze.
>>
How about a horror game based on ito's drawing/world?
I just finished reading uzumaki,it was like a mix of disgust,tension and creepiness.
The snail part in particular was really creepy for me.
>>
>>284039637

The Door

Occulus rift game, it prompts you to let your webcam take a snap shot of your face.

You have to evade your doppleganger, certain doors and mirrors lead to the otherworld and you can even enter it to take shortcuts through the real world but only for short periods of time because just setting foot inside it will draw the othersiders to you.
>>
>>284039637
A game where you're just living life normally, talking to people, going to work and everything is normal. Then as the game progresses things slowly become stranger and stranger, some people's behaviour begins to be strange in subtle ways (saying odd things during a conversation, people following you but not actually harming you in any way, people in a crowd staring at you blankly, etc). Things would become steadily more strange as the game progressed (timescale would be over weeks of your character's life).

This is during the days, at night sinister things would begin happening, sounds, subtle lights around corners and shapes in the distance. As if something is stalking/circling your character like a shark about to strike.

Basically, something set in real life with a nice, steady build-up and some spooky happenings but no outright, in your face horror for a while, let the tension build for a few hours before shit gets real.
>>
>>284040884

Play 'Among The Sleep'

It's about an abusive mother.
>>
>>284042816
>>284047207
>waaaaaaah muh 3rd act
>>
>>284048348
>>284048465

Combine these two as you slowly realize the people around you are being replaced and it's rapidly coming to your turn to get swapped..
>>
>>284047862
>Only parroting reddit faggots honestly say this.
I genuinely tough every word I said. I played The Cradle when I was a kid, like 12 or so, and felt really fucking uncomfortable. I rushed through the level to avoid the place as much as I could.

Of course, the whole "Orphanage/Asylum" setting is cliché as fuck, and of course, it was mostly buttclenching because I was like 12 or something, but it's still an awesome, frightening memories I have from this game. Around the same time, I was playing other games, including some being supposedly scary, and no one them made me as uncomfortable as The Cradle. I'm not parroting anyone, it's just the way younger me felt at the time. I remember The Cradle way more than any level of Alone In The Dark, for instance.

Also, Sewer level of Darkforce was pretty traumatic for even younger me, but that's another story.
>>
>>284048204
I had an idea very much like that when I was pitching concepts for my software dev project last year. Unfortunately it didn't get chosen but coincidentally a similar concept was presented by another team.
>>
being in an extremeky liberal town that at night they turn into zombies (being liberal they already are to unions and the zog) and it being a liberal town i cant carry my weapon.
>>
Check out Forbidden Siren 2. One of the main mechanics is that you can 'sightjack' re: see through the eyes of the zombies, and a few other things. One of the characters you play as is mostly blind, and you need to sightjack his seeing eye dog to even tell where you are.

Also look into Diluvion for ways to use radar to fuck with people
http://youtu.be/H4QFhfQCc5w?t=1m44s
>>
File: 1411980732332.gif (168 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1411980732332.gif
168 KB, 267x200
>>284048924
>but coincidentally a similar concept was presented by another team.
>coincidentally
>>
>>284049010
meant for
>>284048204
>>
>>284049054
lol
>>
>>284049054
The similarity was in the pinging for things. You could see, but the enemies were invisible.
>>
>>284047298
What I've always thought would be a cool concept would be for a dev to make a game that is basically your standard, non-horror game (genre is unimportant except that it needs to be a game where you play as a character, so no puzzle games or any shit like that) but the game has a very small probability each time a new game has started (like 1 in a million or something) that things will play out differently, namely that the game will suddenly take a very dark and spooky path only on these rare occasions, essentially becoming a completely different and very disturbing game.

I just think it would be cool seeing the types of stories that were to come from something like that, where the occurrence of the phenomena is rare enough that the concept could become a legend of sorts, something most people never get to experience.
>>
Deep CNN
>>
>>284051165
>deep CNN
A game about the global Time Warner 'conspiracy'?
>>
That one level with all the goddamn spiders in Sir Kicksalot Deathboot comes to mind.
>>
Seconding all the deep sea post.

Also deep space in the first Dead Space had great atmosphere. Im guessing its the unknown that fucks with you. Reminds me I need to pick up Alien Isolation.

I also would like to see areas like in the beginning of RE4 with all the swampy foggy wooded areas. Something along the lines of Slender but made into an actual retail game with a budget.

Remote desolate castles like in later RE4 also make for good settings.

Also rundown old houses can be scary as fuck (PT demo).
>>
>>284045192
...mass effect?
>>
Silent hill is literally my nightmare realized. I can't play any of the games without freaking out and shutting it off 5 minutes in.
>>
>>284051996
GTA V, turn off the music and go deep sea diving with the Submersible.

Those fucking dolphin sounds and dolphin rape caves, man. Fucking hell.

Those deep trenches. Them plane wreckage and whale graveyards.

Some nigga's gotta' mod the sea when the PC version comes out. Stick some sea monsters in there or something.
>>
>>284039637
A game that forces me to actually confront my IRL fears.
>>
>>284048204
>>284048924
http://www.blindsidegame.com/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/teampixelpi/pulse-reveal-the-world-through-sound
http://www.devilstuningfork.com/
>>
>>284052153
What are your fears?
>>
>>284039637
Inside someone's mind, but it's all barren and empty
Basically LSD
>>
>>284051996
I had a dream about Dead Space last night. I was dismembering shit like usual then a shaggy looking guy wanted to sell me some weed called durban poison and he got arrested by an undercover black guy
>>
>>284047684
Notch was making a game along these lines. Then he ditched it and left it to the community to finish.
>>
>>284052221
social interaction
>>
>>284052385

you're in a room with women.

They want to know why you don't have a girlfriend.

There is no escape.
>>
>>284052385
L.A. Noir?
Persona 3/4?
>>
Zombie survival, extreme density of the shuffling dead.
Catch: All zombies are blind, so you need to try and navigate past/through them without making enough sound to panic them.
>>
>>284052221
usually the default "natural fears", like fear of darkness, mostly annoying to me, pinky toes most often victims, pain, then again it IS necessary so I actually can't get used to pain, then there's heights, not actually afraid OF the height itself, but if i'm falling then i'll shit my pants as hard as I can, I guess Fear of the Unknown, but that falls into the subcategories of fear of darkness and silence, since you don't know what's out there if you can't hear or see it, obviously.

I still have my adrenal glands so I can still be afraid, but honestly, nothing makes me that much afraid anymore, not even dying. Then again i've always been extremely careful not to avoid any danger.

Well, there MAYBE one, I know it might sound extreme, but I am afraid of killing a person. Since its an extremely big deal these days.
>>
>>284052385
Exposure therapy. It works.

I myself was a severe social autist with terrible OCD/hypochondria. Through courage and growing some balls, I forced myself into situations that would elevate my anxieties.

Now, all of the above are much more mild although I'm still working on ridding myself of them. It depends on how much you want it. Some days, I wish I could escape into my hobbit hole and not talk to others but it' a sorry fact of life that eventually, you'll have to talk to people.

Face it head on but build yourself up to it. Become comfortable with your voice, then go online and speak down the mic, then try and go on Omegle or some other cam site. Mind over matter, bro. Eventually, you'll open up more, your voice will seize up less.

In person, always hold a good glance towards the other person, stand up straight, speak slowly but clearly and above all think before you speak.

And trust me, if I can get over partially, then anyone can and I was baddddd.
>>
>>284052732
I can get spooked by zombie survival.
Unless there's something magically repairing the zombies, a zombie apocalypse will just go away on its own in most scenarios. Add to that how in most portrayals, zombies are inferior in every way to the living, there's so little threat left except from other humans. In which case it's still not the zombies that are scary but the breakdown of society itself.
>>
You're stuck in a super-futuristic city, where everything is controlled by a custodian maintenance program.
There aren't any enemies as such, no 'rogue security droids' trying to gun you down, instead the city itself is the source of danger. Trams trying to run you over, doors that try to cut you in half, dam gates that suddenly decide to flood your entire district.

The catch? The AI's got a split personality, so you're not sure whether any given action is a trap or trying to help you.
>>
>>284053284
*can't get spooked
>>
>>284053321
Are there any terminals connected to the AI?
>>
>>284053284
Well, I was thinking this could be set in an old eastern european town. Lots of narrow cobblestone streets and a high population density. Doesn't have to be a zombie virus, I just throught that'd explain the concept of the enemies easiest.
>>
>>284053419
What do you mean? As in, a way to hack it or a way to communicate with it?
>>
>>284053465

>old eastern european town
vodka shipments have been cut off
hell on earth ensues
there will be no survivors
>>
>>284052385
someone asks you what you do in your free time
>>
>>284053550
Both. Can be also separate, one terminal for talking, one for interfacing (technicians must make some repairs over time, so...).
>>
>>284053321
>Portal/Stanley Parable style being fucked around by a narrator, but the taps aren't blindingly obvious and are hidden in a forest of legitimate assistance

I like it. Reminds me of some of the Paranoia PnP sessions I've been in.
>>
>>284052973
>he's not paranoid of being turned into a pawn by some manipulator
>Not constantly afraid that some one will stab him just to get his wallet with no money in it
>Not afraid of being framed of a crime he never committed
>>
horrer game set inside a really fucking tall sky scraper at night with a crazy strong thunderstorm raging outside. Big focus on sound design so you can hear the pattering of rain on the windows and the wind howling outside. Power is cut to the whole building so you can only see by the intermittent lightning strikes. The whole point would be to escape to ground level or just get the hell out of there because there is something else in the building with you. Multiple ways for it to kill you but none of them would show you the killer so you really never know what is in there with you. The whole point is that you dont k ow where you are and you dont know whats goin on, all you mnow is you better thet the hell out of this building because something bad is going to happen. Like that feeling you get in nightmares where you just know some bad shit is going to happen.
>>
>>284039637
Junji ito.
Pretty much unexplained entities you can't do much against.
Or Hellstar remina
>>
The car is on fire, and there's no driver at the wheel and the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides and a dark wind blows.
The government is corrupt and we're on so many drugs with the radio on and the curtains drawn.

We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine and the machine is bleeding to death.

The sun has fallen down and the billboards are all leering and the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

It went like this:
The buildings tumbled in on themselves, mothers clutching babies, picked through the rubble and pulled out their hair

The skyline was beautiful on fire, all twisted metal stretching upwards, everything washed in a thin orange haze.

I said, "Kiss me, you're beautiful - these are truly the last days"

You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
Like a daydream or a fever

We woke up one morning and fell a little further down.
For sure it's the valley of death

I open up my wallet
And it's full of blood
>>
>>284053878
>>284053321
>Escape an electrical storm due to fucked power systems in the street
>Run inside the lobby of a building, the AI chimes in over the PA system
>"You will find safety in higher ground. I will call the elevator"
>Elevator 1 opens, dead body slumps out
>Cleaning droid bluntly pushes the corpse into the lift as the doors close
>"This elevator requires maintenance. I will call another elevator

It could start off as being a mostly helpful, if a bit clumsy, presence watching out for you, with a baymax style personality. As the game progresses, it becomes more 'human' and emotional, with its aggression becoming more noticeable, but never outright expressed.
>>
Large busted up skyscraper/ apartment building. maybe knocked over like that bit in clover-field. during alien invasion. basically there are giant tripods outside with spotlights and you must avoid being seen while you navigate the building.
>>
Brazil Slum
>>
>>284054850
Brazil.
>>
>>284054284
>no matter what floor you're on or how lost you are, you can always find a ladder that takes you straight to the roof in a matter of seconds
>You can jump off the roof anytime, what happens each time is random (giant monster bursts out the ground and eats you, a bullet shoots out from inside the building and headshots you before you hit the ground, a fucked up arm snatches you out the air and you die from whiplash, the ground opens up and you fall into an infinite abyss, see a copy of yourself 'falling up' past you, etc etc), and your avatar wakes up on a random floor near the top
>>
>>284054651
>Walking through a crematorium or something.
>"Recent accidents around the city have drastically increased civilian mortality rate. At present, the northern wing has only ONE] morgue opening left"
>"Please take the northern exit"
>Some other guy, who's been established as useful to the AI, arrives
>"Please take the south exit"
>>
>>284039637
>a tsunami hits a large tropical coastal city, flooding the shit out of it
>the streets are filled with 20 feet of murky water, choked to shit with corpses, wrecked cars, and debris, the headlights of sunken vehicles peering through the water like eyes
>every building becomes its own isolated little island
>you occasionaly see survivors on other roofs and shit, people trying to row out of the city on debris and dinghies, but you have no way of getting to them
>after a day or so, they start slowly dissappearing, a few people at a time
>something followed the tsunami, drawn in by the corpses and opportunity
>something fucking weird
>you need to cross between buildings for supplies on improvised bridges or risk attracting the things in the water by rowing over, swimming is suicide, the people in your building are slowly disappearing
>eventually some shit happens and you need to go down in the flooded ground levels
>over time even wierder things start swimming into the city, things that can tear down the building if they know youre in there, or reach in and get you themselves
>after a week or so a monsoon hits the city
>your building collapsed while you were scouting, as far as you know youre the last one left
>the monsoon rain is slowly making the water rise
>you have fewer and fewer buildings to move to
>what the fuck, why isnt the water draining out of the city
>this is fucking dark, even for a monsoon
>you can feel them hungrily eyeing you, as if youre the last bit of meat left in the city
>youre now stranded on the last structure left in an ocean of filthy, debris filled water, with the water level slowly climbing
>you build a raft and fight your way to the mountain still peeking out of the water.
>you head for the radio tower on the peak, but now the creatures are clumsily chasing you on land
it'd be like dead rising, combined with jaws, with the slow build up of supernatural wierdness of silent hill
i would definitely shit my pants from this
>>
>>284054651
>it seems insulted for a second
>I am obligated to remind you that any semblance of personhood or humanity is purely for your comfort. I cannot actually care.
>later, it does something really fucked up.
>I am obligated to remind you that any semblance of personhood or humanity is purely for your comfort. I cannot actually care.
>>
File: 1379129347750.jpg (4 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1379129347750.jpg
4 KB, 251x242
>>284043586
good fucking choice man, damn
>>
>>284054937
exactly what im goin for
there might not even be something in the building with you, just really subtle spooky stuff

there would be no music so its all just ambient sounds so you might hear an extra pair of footsteps and go investigate and find nothing
>>
>>284055138
>Starts out kinda hal 9000, ends up more shodan or glados.
>At the start of the game, there are other people in the city, but as it progresses more and more of them are killed off until you're the only survivor
>Ends with you making your way to the AI core and physically confronting it's main computer
>>
>>284039637
The most unconventional thing that scares me is large, simple structures. It's hard to describe, but basically anything big enough that you'd think would have some kind of detail, whether it be flaws or scratches, or structural supports, or decoration, but is just completely featureless. It's not so much scary as it is really unnerving, that sort of "something's not right" pit-in-your-stomach kind of feeling.

So basically, I guess an oculus rift style game with really huge, featureless, vertigo-inducing landscapes. There would be no clear goal except to explore the environment, and various bizarre, geometric entities that behaved erratically. A lot of little hazards that ranged from injury to instant death, but none of them would be obvious. Basically plopping you in a nonsensical, unsettling, and potentially dangerous world with no point of reference.

no pic because idk how the fuck to find what i just described
>>
>>284055138
So Friend Computer, only that instead of having an AI that is trying to genuinely help you but can't due to idiots tampering with its programming over time, a fucked up asshole that wants to torture you?
>>
>>284055331
No music is risky, since it means there's nothing to block out the sounds of whatever's around the player. Nothing like getting broken out of your immersion because you can hear someone listening to a shitty sitcom in the other room. You'd at least want the sound of the rain to be loud enough white noise that it mutes everything from outside their headphones.
>>
>>284055752
Maybe you can "arrange" (I don't know the actual word for this) the rain so it also becomes music.
>>
>>284039637
Dog Soldiers.

Werewolves always scared the shit out of me, i dunno why.
>>
>>284055752
yeah, thats what i mean
just ambient sounds of the raging storm and the slight swaying of the building, just loud enough to obscure outside noises
oh and maybe some police sirens from way far down below
>>
>>284055581
I know what you mean. When I was really young sometimes when I closed my eyes I'd see simple geometric objects, often screws, and feel so dwarfed by the seeming magnitude of them compared to me that I was scared to even blink until the feeling went away.
>>
>>284055581
something like this?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AlienGeometries
>>
>>284055581
You should try Naissance or whatever it spells
>>
>>284055897
werewolves represent a fear of mental illness, both in yourself and others. In yourself, because you can't always stop yourself if you're mentally ill. In others, because you can't always tell if someone is mentally ill in a dangerous way until they're already attacking people.
>>
>>284056014
I remember seeing geometric objects, mostly cubes and rectangular prisms. I'd flip 'em around with mah brain, I guess it's part of how growing brains teach themselves about geometry.

They never scared me though. I remember being scared of these voices I imagined that spoke really fucking quietly, but not in the sort of tone that come with a whisper, just like someone'd turned down their volume or something.
>>
>>284056357
makes sense
>>
I had a dream once

>I woke up in my house.
>everyone was gone
>I went out looking for people
it was overcast and everything was slightly damp.
I live in an agricultural area in Scotland.
>walking down middle of main road as there don't seem to be any cars
>I look down the verge to were the nearest house to me is
the house is gone. just a muddy outline
> I move on cutting through a field.
> I come to another house. the door is standing open.
>I go inside.
the interior seems to have been stripped bare. everything just looks like attic with exposed wood and dust everywhere.
>I explore the house and eventually end up in the actual attic.

the air starts buzzing with energy. there is a repeated sound like Nightcrawlers BAMF.

>I nope the fuck out backing through the door and speedwalking out onto the main road.

The bamf ing is still going on and now I can see shadows moving in the trees (it is now twilight).

> I head down the path towards the nearby village
the twilight turns to night very suddenly
>I am panicking as I know it is bad to be out at night for some reason

I see giant spotlights way in the distance. they are moving towards me in a motion like walking though the legs are invisible. they are at least 100m tall.
> dream ends with a spotlight overhead and me being lifted towards it.
>>
Play as an immortal watching the world die.
Drift through space for eternity.
>>
Deep ocean exploration.
You're trapped in a deep underwater research lab. like 10km deep. People from our research team start missing. The equipment stops working, the only elevator leading up stops working. You have to survive, occasionally go out in the deep dark water to go from one section to another since most doors aren't working.

Yeah, I'm afraid of the deep sea. There is no fucking way I could dive deep down. A mix of diving and the dark corridors and occasional huge creature just passing by the base... I wouldn't play it.
>>
>>284056575
anyway basically this. you have to collect food from houses by day (scary shit happens in those houses) and go back to your own house by night.
>>
Dreams
There's nothing spookier than a nightmare.

>>284056387
>I remember seeing geometric objects, mostly cubes and rectangular prisms. I'd flip 'em around with mah brain, I guess it's part of how growing brains teach themselves about geometry.
I remember this one nightmare where those shapes first started flipping and twisting and turning in ways they possibly couldn't have until everything sorta rolled itself up and fell apart, sorta like the sky in the Christian apocalypse, only that there was only pitch-black behind those things.
>>
>>284056387
The episode of the Simpsons where Homer gets trapped in the '3rd dimension' freaked me out so much that I couldn't stand watching the show for months. Kid's brains are weird.
>>
>>284043881
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_x4mc7kQqE
>>
File: 0mUZDyU.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0mUZDyU.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>284055581

You pretty much just described NaissanceE.
>>
>>284056736
If this was done well i would buy it. would need to have one hell of a good atmosphere and script though. No cliches or predictable plotline. Something similar to the abyss maybe, love that movie.
>>
>>284056950
If anyone loves feeling small, get this when it's on sale. Cool as fuck looking game.
>>
>>284056575
I remember a similar sort of dream. It's late sunset, in my childhood neighbourhood, it looks like it's rained recently, but it's stopped now.

I'm running through the streets as fast as I can, waving my arms and yelling as loud as I can. I'm yelling that they need to run. That something's coming.

I hear a low roar, as if something massive is coming in from a long, long way away. I turn around, and see something collosal, vaguely human. It's too dark and too distant to make out any details, but it has two massive legs, taller than any building, with flat circles instead of feet. I hear the first foot fall, I stop yelling and running because I know that there's no use warning against something that big. The second foot pulls over me, and the nearest few blocks of houses, and then the dream ends.
>>
>>284056694
You really gotta think longterm if you become immortal.
The Earth won't last forever, neither will the solar system. The only good way to make sure you'll never be alone forever is to singlehandedly push humans into interstellar travel, thanks to having (hopefully) thousands of years to master every scientific discipline.
>>
>>284040559
what happened to deep sea threads? I haven't seen one in a long time
>>
File: oddworld-abes-oddysee-27.jpg (77 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
oddworld-abes-oddysee-27.jpg
77 KB, 640x480
>>284039637
Anything that has an atmosphere similar to the Abe games

Something about those games trigger me, I literally cannot play with them because I get terrified
>>
File: 1393829246490.jpg (85 KB, 348x424) Image search: [Google]
1393829246490.jpg
85 KB, 348x424
I used to be scared as fuck by all kind of dolls, specially expressionless porcelain ones and ventriloquist dummies, when I was a kid and I'm still unsettled if left alone in a room with one.
Make a videogame with those and an incumbent sense of solitude and claustrophobia, maybe where the main character gets stuck in a old victorian house or basement and its fucking choke full of all kinds of dolls, puppets and mannequins and I'd never sleep again after playing it.
>Traverse dark corridor with shelves full with baby-sized porcelain dolls holding a flashlight to recover an item
>Nothing happens, recover item
>Have to go back now
>Some dolls are missing
>Hear a girly laugh
>Point flashlight to the doorway
>Catcha glimpse of a little dress scuttering away
>>
>>284057161
They scared the piss outta me as a kid, but I blew through the first one in a few afternoons without getting any more than frustrated just the other week.
>>
File: Systemshock2box.jpg (25 KB, 250x288) Image search: [Google]
Systemshock2box.jpg
25 KB, 250x288
I just finished pic related, System Shock 3 would be cool
>>
The far north region of skyrim, with all the icebergs, creeped the fuck out of me. It was a completely wasted environment IMO.
Especially diving underwater. For some reason the sheer mass of the icebergs and the murkiness of the water combined with an inability to see the bottom combined to spook me right the fuck out.
>>
i got one,
it would start out like youre exploring a pretty mundane other dimension or something, but the longer you explore the more paranoid and hostile your team gets to each other, and the more aggressive the creatures of the dimension get
eventually, the whole land has warped into some freakish 5d non-euclidean fuckery, with the inhabitants and animals warped into horrific monsters that are ALL hunting you down, like an immune system
i had a real fucked up nightmare like that last night, it was like silent hill and the thing had a baby, shit was terrifying. eventually necromorphs got involved and i had no choice but to wake myself up
>>
File: 1394302919515.jpg (64 KB, 505x640) Image search: [Google]
1394302919515.jpg
64 KB, 505x640
This kind of environment.
>>
>>284057109
I know, it just scares me to think that i'd live to see my children, and my children's children suffer.
>>
File: 1403504241582.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1403504241582.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>284057373
never play Alice MR then
>>
>>284056215
Mmm not really, that particular pic is a little too intricate, although the linked page reminded me of that movie Cube which I watched when I was younger and pretty much shit my pants. It's weird and sometimes inconsistent what triggers it for me, although there does seem to be a spatial aspect, i.e. the effect is lessened when it's just an image(hence why I suggested the oculus rift), and even moreso when the image is obviously stylized/CG. I think I may just have a particularly strong sense of "artificiality" a la the uncanny valley.

>>284056347
Interesting, but it looks more claustrophobic than agoraphobic
>>
>>284057453
>Haven't even got a system shock mod for bioshock
at least the HD mod is nearly done.
>>
>>284057524
What the fuck is this.
>>
File: 1407876320256.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1407876320256.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>284057373
sup
>>
Since we're talking about fucked up space, here's Antichamber
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGsnm2nOnso
>>
Redneck town

During the day everyone's overly friendly to you, but there's something off with them and at night they plan to greet you but you can't prove it

Basically Deliverance or SouthernbComfort
>>
>>284057805
is that F.E.A.R.?
>>
>>284039637
San Francisco.
>>
>>284057805
GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
>>
>>284058007
I got something even worse than that.
Los Angeles
>>
File: Zdzislaw_Beksinski_in_Sanok.jpg (347 KB, 457x609) Image search: [Google]
Zdzislaw_Beksinski_in_Sanok.jpg
347 KB, 457x609
>>284057775
Artwork by Zdzislaw Beksinski. He was murdered by his caretaker's son because he refused to lend him money to buy drugs with.
>>
>>284043023
+1
>>
>>284057135
neo/v/ culture doesn't like it, so it went away
>>
>>284057960
Nightmare House, it's a mod for Source.
>>
>>284058294
>neo/v/ culture doesn't like it, so it went away
Say what? Even moot endorsed those threads.
>>
>>284057775
its fucking pure dread given form, thats what it is
i dont know what that artist's deal is, but all his shit is like he's fucking channeling night terrors straight into his canvas
its like he takes that moment right before the nightmare starts, but when you fucking KNOW shits about to turn into a nightmare, just that "oh fuck, shits about to get bad" feeling, he wakes up and just pulls that shit out of his ear already printed out in full color on a piece of paper
>>
>>284058168
Poor spics versus affluent gays, Jews and Asians. Hmm.
Nope, SF is still worse.
>>
You are the sole survivor of a crew whom has landed in the ocean of an alien planet. There is no land to be seen in any direction. You survived because you were the only one to put on a suit quick enough and bunkered up in the only part of the ship that wasn't completely destroyed. Your ship that you're in has sunk deep into the ocean.

The game mainly seems to have no main objective at first, save for trying to survive. You have limited air, and you can't go to the surface because of the planets' sun's deadly rays, but staying in the ocean depletes your oxygen.

On the other hand, you can fight in the ocean, but it's highly discouraged as it does minimal damage. Fleeing is encouraged. Large, alien marine life can be seen.

At the bottom of the ocean are ruins and remnants of an ancient, but advanced civilization, implying this used to be above the surface. You can find strange canisters which restore your oxygen supply.

As you explore more, the objective comes clear to you and you have to try to leave. You're hinted at going into these underwater ruins, which are mostly air-tight and waterproof. They lack electricity and it's mostly dark. You encounter strange descendants of land life in these ruins who are mostly hostile, and it's too dark to make out what exactly they are. You're much more capable to fight in the ruins as you aren't in water, but fleeing is a valid option.

The game has you going out into dark, open world seas full of deadly marine life, to going into damp, nearly pitch-black, underground air-tight tunnels with strange hostile creatures repeatedly.
>>
>>284058294
There was one I was in earlier, but it got deleted after just eighty replies
>>
File: 1397501471264s.jpg (2 KB, 125x121) Image search: [Google]
1397501471264s.jpg
2 KB, 125x121
>>284043586
AKA your moms mouth
>>
What I would really like is that horror games have that ''feel'' when your character doesn't move of the fear while the enemy slowly moves. Like the mummies in OoT/MM.
>>
File: IHwlf[1].jpg (83 KB, 1024x835) Image search: [Google]
IHwlf[1].jpg
83 KB, 1024x835
>>284057775
>>
>>284058338
I'm not sure if it's be a good place to set an ENTIRE videogame. The massive scale and blank landscapes make it a bit difficult to have any interesting or varied level design.

Maybe you could have a different setting, but at certain points in the story you slip into this otherworld, maybe in a dream or something. Each time you dream you movie further through the hellish world, always able to see what was before and what was after, and constantly aware of the final destination in the distance.
>>
>>284058421
LA is worse, because there's affluent gays, Jews, Asians and Scientology everywhere.
And wherever you look, whomever you talk to, everyone lies about their life.
Everyone is just another kid with a broken dream.
>>
File: Behemoth's World.jpg (142 KB, 1023x728) Image search: [Google]
Behemoth's World.jpg
142 KB, 1023x728
>>
i'm a sucker for psychological thriller sort of stuff, and i'd love see a horror game based on the nightmares and imagination of a troubled kid.

and i don't mean boohoo i'm so depressed, here's some artsy bullshit meant to represent my escapism kind of "troubled", i'm talking a full fantasy world this kid is imagining and defeating in an effort to make sense out of why his father beats his wife and kids and has frequent fits of drunken rage.

>>284057161
the oddworld universe is absurdly exploitable in terms of what kind of games it could produce.

come on, lorne. get your shit together.
>>
Ignoring their music, Tool made some music videos with interesting visuals that would work well in a horror setting.
>>
>>284058550
If you could work in a 'clumsiness' mechanic, that would be good. Not 'fall on your ass, and have to stand up from where you are before you can move' kind of thing, but have you trip, scramble for purchase, stumble, bump into things etc when effected by such a status. The main idea being that it doesn't stop you from moving, but it slows you down by a non-consistant amount and it feels like at any given moment you're going to slip, faceplant, and be dragged away by your ankles.
>>
settings I want from existing media.

1. expansion for alien isolation were you play a newt before ripely found her

2. a mother-fucking mountains of madness game please
>>
>>284058887
Why do people shit themselves over this softrock dronefest?
>>
>>284058573
that's a lot of vodka
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2iSmE129uQ
>>
A game that starts out like a generic boring adult life and as the game progresses it gets buggy and glitchy.

The bugs and glitches at first seem like developer oversights and they're very minor, but as the days go by (days primarily consist of waking up, eating, go to work, come home, sleep, rince and repeat), the game becomes almost overrun by strange glitches. NPCs heads turning upside down, textures being replaced by wrong textures, buildings being repeated, and such.

As the game progresses even more the glitches start to turn into very distorted hellish landscapes. It would almost look hellish and sinister, but it would also still be primarily bug/glitch based to the point the player probably and understandably could pass it off as an unintentional bug.

As it gets more glitchy, days go by faster and become almost like "blurs". You're no longer going to work, you're fucking walking down nightmare corridors to sit at your desk, and shit.

The game goes on for 500 days of vastly different experiences, each day leading to the same goal at the end of the day. The last day, everything seems completely normal, until you arrive at work and see your own body limp on your desk.
>>
>>284058786
>And wherever you look, whomever you talk to, everyone lies about their life.

Sounds like America in general. Watching any American talk show is bizarre, given how absolutely phoney everyone is... apart from the ones who really are like that, which is even more scary. The latter seems to be how SJWs are spawned. People with no personality, who just adopt a shell they've scraped together from the media, not understanding it's not real.
>>
>>284058887
Aphex Twin did better
>>
>>284059028
because music is subjective. parabola one of my favourite tracks.

tool fans are annoying as fuck though, holy shit.
>>
>>284058960
I imagine it being like the assasins creed freerunning mechanic, but instead of an elegant and direct momentum, you're hammering your way past coffee tables like an asshole.
>>
File: thebest4chancomicever.jpg (943 KB, 806x4999) Image search: [Google]
thebest4chancomicever.jpg
943 KB, 806x4999
>>284039637
Not really vidya but here you go.
>>
File: 1411322618312.jpg (3 KB, 120x117) Image search: [Google]
1411322618312.jpg
3 KB, 120x117
>>284059061
>it's a feature
>>
>>284039637
>Name a setting and style for a horror game that you think would scare the shit out of you, personally, if it was made.

None. Horror games arent scary. I love them for their creepy vibe, but they arent scary

nearest it got was with Alien, where I would get really tense and sometimes startled by the alien, to the point where I was afraid of it because I would die, but not legit afraid of it to where that extends to real life
>>
>>284059184
Yeah, that's a good way to put it,
>>
File: td.jpg (180 KB, 1200x500) Image search: [Google]
td.jpg
180 KB, 1200x500
>>284039637

Basically The Descent
>>
>>284057496
This goes for me too. Maybe there could be some game on an ocean planet where there's no land and no bottom, just some occasional icebergs or large chunks of floating vegetation as refuges. The thought of being marooned on a vast alien ocean planet has always intimidated me
>>
Pretty much "Signs" the game.
You get stuck out in large cornfield at night And something stalks you on your way back to the farmhouse
>>
/v/ once had a thread about this a long time ago
>survival horror game that takes place in an impossibly large abandoned building, something like an apartment complex
>circular in design, your objective is to find a way to escape it
>filled with a bunch of undocumented monsters, ect
>one anon comes up with the ideas of using old cellphones as lures to get away from monsters
>you can attach one cellphone to a string or leave it somewhere and call it with another to create a diversion
>one anon makes green that goes like

>call bait cellphone
>leave it open so it keeps ringing
>you can hear the ringing decently well
>it stops, but you didn't hang up
>put phone to ear
>there's breathing
>you hear a click as the other side hangs up

fear boner and technology boner by their powers combined
>>
>>284059028
>>284059143
>>284059138
I specifically told you faggots to ignore the music, because I knew you faggots would go ballistic. Anti-Toolfags are as bad as Toolfags in their obsession.
They have some interesting VISUALS in some of their music videos.
>>
>>284059061
Basically LSD meets Stanley Parable?
>>
File: 1406553017330.gif (4 MB, 751x514) Image search: [Google]
1406553017330.gif
4 MB, 751x514
>>284056736
How does this make you feel?
>>
>>284059068
There's really only three places in the united states that are like that:
-Los Angeles
-San Francisco
-New York City
The rest of the country is fairly earnest, but most people outside the country (or who live in those three cities) don't realize that the vast majority of the US isn't like that.
>>
>>284059382
god tier movie
>>
>>284059382
I really have to visit spain during the tomato fast soem day.
>>
>>284059564
It makes me feel like nope.
>>
>>284059214
I never understood where that comic came from.
>>
>>284059068
Well, yes.
You have to be someone, anyone.
Someone more than the boring codemonkey who works nine to five to barely pay their debts for their shitty suburban housing.

The only way you can do that is lying.
It doesn't matter who you are only, who you can be. I find actual Americans incredibly annoying and incredibly shallow.
What bothers me most is how people react in such exaggerated ways.
Back home, it's like "huh, this is pretty neat", but here it's always this "WHOA MAN THIS IS FUCKING GREAT, WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS THIS IS AMAZING HOLY SHIT"
It bothers me, especially when people tell me I'm not supposed to be so negative all the time.

I don't even remember why I came here anymore.
>>
File: snow.jpg (607 KB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
snow.jpg
607 KB, 4000x3000
A vast, frozen wasteland that's completely empty except for you.

During heavy snowfall, you can make out vague humanoid forms moving in the distance.
>>
Amnesia + penumbra + the lethality of the Alien: Isolation alien

give me power, and take it away.
>>
File: 2098039509_7c2aafe5e0_o2.jpg (312 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
2098039509_7c2aafe5e0_o2.jpg
312 KB, 1024x768
>>284058887

Funny, I was about to suggest a video game set in a world similar to the ones created by the stop motion animators the Quay brothers. The aesthetic of those animated Tool videos was highly influenced by them. If you haven't seen any of their work, check it out. Start with 'Street of Crocodiles'. Terry Gilliam also produced one of their feature length projects, The Piano Tuner of Earthquakes.
>>
>>284039637
Anything in a school is creepy as fuck, open areas are not scary since you always have somewhere to run to.
>>
>>284039704
This is all I can think of when I see this image
>>
>>284059269
that wasnt the question edgelord mr im not afraid of anything fucking faggot
>>
>>284058429
This seems cool, like a deep sea version of Wells's The Time Machine. the planet is actually earth
>>
Abandoned Amusement park with no fewer than the following;

>House of Mirrors with progressively more damage and decay as you go in further
>Reptile House with working lights in some cages, as well as some completely normal reptiles still safely caged
>Clown Watering that has one face crying among a bunch of angry ones
>Playable test of strength with loud bell for winners
>Nearby hotel that's within walking distance
>A good chunk on the pier overlooking a foggy ocean with a lighthouse JUST out of sight, practically a silhouette against the night sky.
>Sewer exit nearby but within reason (IE, not under the park's pier or near buildings for park goers)

For maximum effect, circus-like music MUST be playing in good condition. No creaky, scratchy tracks. Pristine tracks that make you feel at ease. Example;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0
>>
File: Zdzisław Beksiński - 6.jpg (222 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
Zdzisław Beksiński - 6.jpg
222 KB, 800x640
>>284039637
>blokanskavichy thread
>>
>>284058573
I don't want those fucking things to notice me
>>
>>284057805
My ammo would have been dry by the second lights out
>>
>>284059873
i'm just saying, bro. I can't immerse myself in one like I can a movie or a book

>having the shit scared out of you by a game
are you 12?
>>
File: Zdzisław Beksiński - 7.jpg (284 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
Zdzisław Beksiński - 7.jpg
284 KB, 640x800
>>
>>284059961
The TWEEEST is:
Those things are you, look in the mirror, son
>>
>Most of these

ok, you maybe setup the first 10-15 minutes.

Then what? The real trick is keeping the creepiness going. I feel like most of these would devolve into cringey or lame /x/ style creepy-pastas.
>>
>>284059782
What are you even saying?
>>
File: Zdzisław Beksiński - 11.jpg (235 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
Zdzisław Beksiński - 11.jpg
235 KB, 640x800
>>
>>284060042
This one always fucks my brain so badly.
>>
>>284059625
Nah. While I'll agree that those cities and the media in particular are extreme examples, you'll find it across US culture.
The most grating thing is the forced extroversion. On the other hand, we (Norwegians) are perceived as cold, because we have an almost excessive respect for other people's personal space, and don't want to bother people, which more extroverted cultures see as rude, when it's meant to be the opposite.
>>
Kairo but more linear and without the puzzles
i really miss figuring out the story just by walking around and looking at things
games where youre absolutely alone are the spookiest
I will never forgive tomb raider 2013 for fucking up that feeling of being stuck alone on an island, they just had to ruin it with bullshit and magic
>>
>>284059818
>>284059818
>open areas are not scary since you always have somewhere to run to.
This isn't scary, I could just run away from the monster.
>>
File: Battered wife.jpg (103 KB, 976x818) Image search: [Google]
Battered wife.jpg
103 KB, 976x818
>>284039637
>Setting

Present day is fine

>Style

Not anything particular style.

Essentially, overnight or something, most of the surface of earth has been covered in an ocean of spiderwebs. They are big and strong like cable tendrils so you can't just walk over them, you'll get snared.

Only options are to test random trap doors in the ground and delve into them to find interconnecting tunnels to try and get anywhere else in the world.

The spiders that have taken over our land create false trap doors to trick us, and some of them actually lead into the earth. They are intelligent and through sheer evolution some are starting to infect other breeds of animals, like dogs and shit, so now there aren't just giant spiders you have to look out for.

Being in those trap door tunnels and a spider could show up at any moment just freaks me out.

i just really fucking hate spiders
>>
>>284059784
A long time ago I made a mod for Minecraft. If you moved your mouse fast and looked around, it had a chance to spawn a creeper in the distance between trees and shit, just at the edge of what you can see and when you move the camera away, it would despawn him.
Later on I deleted the mod because it was driving me nuts. I didn't know when there was an actual creeper and when it was one of the hallucinations. 2spooky4me.
>>
>>284059564
That looks more cool than scary.
>>
>>284060169
>This isn't scary, I could just run away from the monster.
Not if it is faster than you.
>>
File: Zdzisław Beksiński - 44.jpg (782 KB, 720x871) Image search: [Google]
Zdzisław Beksiński - 44.jpg
782 KB, 720x871
>>
I'd love a simple exploring game featuring these as the setting. Throw in some dark ambient and I'd have a really good time exploring all these abstract planes.
>>
>>284060169
For a video game no that isn't scary at all there is nothing obscuring my vision and at worst I fall and get a game over screen.
>>
>>284060141
The extroverted culture in America is dying, loud-mouthed people, especially women, are considered dumb and annoying among the educated
>>
>>284057496

It had the opposite effect on me. I found it quite soothing and melancholic. I traversed that coastline many times.
>>
>>284060261
Regardless of whether it is faster, you have nowhere to run.
>>
>>284059779
I actually remembered to ask on /co/ last year and they linked me to this http://www.plasticbrickautomaton.com/
That comic is a one shot with very different theme but the guy does good comics still.
>>
Always wanted to see a deep sea horror game. Hadmany variations in mind, from the simple ones on earth or Europa, where you are just a worker that was working outside of the station when shit goes down.

Then aother where you get a signal from a rogue planet passing by the solar system, you with the team going to investigate and finding a base built in it's ocean under the ice.

Another one with the main charater being abducted by grey aliens and being taken to an underwater base for experimentation. Eventually something wrong happens and all the power goes out, leading to your escape. After which you need to find out whereyo uare and if you can get back.

In the end, would want a game where you shouldfeel completely helpless and alone. Crushed by the empty void that is the ocean. Anysortof seaexploration would leadto youhaving touse lights, that end up attracting different kind of creatures towards you. Or a sonar like system,which if used too much would agitate bigger creatures and alert them to your position.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 107

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.