[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yuri Game Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
Updates and Discussion for English and Japanese games, visual novels, RPGs, etc.

Previous thread: >>2059852

Lists of Yuri Games:
http://pastebin.com/dMCqkiTa
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4oc1uvr5vl96m/Yuri
http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864182-Hella-Yuri/
https://vndb.org/g1986?fil=tagspoil-0.tag_inc-1986

Related Threads:

Sono Hanabira: >>2036403
Kindred Spirits: >>2060126
Atelier Series: >>2010427
Life is Strange: >>2051579
LIly LYric cyCLE: >>1949765
FLOWERS: >>2054878
Rabi-Ribi: >>2031849
>>
Recent News:
Sakura Dungeon is out
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus is out on PC, there's a thread but it's mostly about the anime: >>2012920
Recent interview had some details about Ne No Kami and possible sequels to Sacrament of the Zodiac: https://yurination.wordpress.com/2016/06/02/an-interview-with-ne-no-kami-developer-fenrivier/
>>
Any news about some near future released big budget games with lesbian/bi content than just VN low budget types?
>>
>>2067197
Mass Effect 4 in 2017?
>>
>>2067197
Probably that crappy Mass Effect game that is upcoming.
>>
>>2067209
>>2067210
>people will support this game

Sad times.
>>
>>2067197
There are undoubtedly Western RPGs with /u/-related romance sidequests in production right now (as anons have pointed out already, the next ME game is the obvious example), but that's pretty much it. Business as usual.
>>
>>2067211
Good games get support, even when angry /v/-anons don't like it. That's just how it is.

>>2067197
Outside of western RPGs, no chance. Considered too risky as anything above side stuff for AAA devs. But then these people thought the new Battlefield trailer wouldn't be popular.
>>
>>2067213
>Good games get support

But this will get support, too, probably.
>>
>>2067197
>>2067212
>Western RPGs

If I recall correctly, Divinity: Original Sin 2 is supposed to have some kind of romance with your partner. And Torment also might include something like that, though I doubt it's going to be full-blown romance.

>>2067213
I wouldn't count BioWare's latest offerings as good games. Yet they have enormous fanbases.
>>
>>2067215
At least wait until a game actually _exists_ before declaring how much it sucks. I'm sure they'll give you ammunition in time.
>>
I know kindred spirits sold really well in the west but what about Japan? It touched on things most Japanese Yuri fans never care about
>>
>>2067218
>At least wait until a game actually _exists_ before declaring how much it sucks

It would take a complete 180 from their current ways (all of it. Not calling pandering or whatever, that's /v/'s shtick.).
I'm just going by track record. And the info we already got. Which isn't helping me build much confidence.
Of course, they COULD make a good game. Easily a great one. Thing is....see above
>>
>>2067220
>It touched on things most Japanese Yuri fans never care about
Yeah, I'm sure you know all about Japanese Yuri fans and all those things they never care about, since you're our resident expert in the field of Japanology.
>>
>>2067220
Well, it didn't feature on any sales ranking for 2012 so it wasn't any kind of hit relative to other eroge. Quite likely still sold above average for a Liar Soft game though.
>>
>>2067240
> resident expert in the field of Japanology.
Nah, that's Verena Maser.
>>
Not sure if that anon who wanted strawberry vinegar added me or not but i still have it ready to give away.
>>
>>2067161
How gay is Sakura Dungeon?

Does the mc end up with any girl?
>>
>>2067440
Its gay like really gay, the world is female only and yomi is literally the queen of lesbians. Game is a better version demon master chris
>>
>>2067443
>better version
no loli however.
>>
>>2067440
I'm pretty sure I'm near the end of it.

Game is girls only so everyone is a dyke. MC has tons of casual sex with the servants.

If you're talking about actual romance, I'm told the MC and the knight do end up together in the end. The romance between them thus far has been little more than teasing tho. There's a friend of the MC who is in love with her, but pretty sure that doesn't go anywhere. There's a random event where you meet two demons who are lovers, but you just beat them up and they go their merry way.
>>
>>2067540
There are several other events showing other side characters being lovers, as well as plenty of dialog about girls wanting other girls or talking about past female lovers.
If you're looking for some sweeping, epic love story then you won't find it there. But if you want lots of girls being really gay and having lots of sex with each other, then you're in luck.
>>
>>2067540
Is the MC an aggressor or the receiver?
>>
File: alice.jpg (215 KB, 1365x765) Image search: [Google]
alice.jpg
215 KB, 1365x765
>>2067450
She had no scene though
>>
>>2067443
Did this just come out?
>>
File: mimic.png (1 MB, 1253x2048) Image search: [Google]
mimic.png
1 MB, 1253x2048
>>2067632
To be fair not really any of the monsters had scenes. Which is why in some ways Sakura Dungeon is far superior.
Mimic still a best in both
>>
File: the better dmc.jpg (599 KB, 1360x760) Image search: [Google]
the better dmc.jpg
599 KB, 1360x760
>>2067636
God I loved the art in that game.
It really is a shame that so many best girls went underutilized.

And, maybe too many tentacle-like scenes
>>
you girls played sakura fantasy? its low-budget but still pretty cute
>>
>>2067617
The MC is pretty much always the aggressor, or the facilitator of others getting together. The knight is always the bottom, whoever shes matched up with.
>>
Lavinia did NOTHING wrong!
>>
>>2067067
>do people seriously fucking think that the people who make a game say to themselves "I don't want this game to unplayable when you aren't paying attention to it", "this is a game you can play without thinking"? Literal Idle RPGs and clickers aside (and I will never fucking understand those "games") can we just admit that sometimes a game just fails to be compelling?

It's true though. There are TONS of rpgs like this. Literally all those "hack'n slash" loot rpgs like Torchlight and whatnot are based around this. You don't have to pay a lot of attention in those games.
Any and all grinder are like that. Grind isn't just something that comes into existence by accident.
A lot of crawlers can also fall into this. Experience crawler for example tend to have RE you can speed through without even looking, though you may receive a wake-up call every now and then, but you usually see that at encounter start.

Depending on how strong these elements are, I call the games even "time-waster". Torchlight 1+2 are more or less the definition of that to me. Chris however does this as well, and reasonably well even. Not too frustrating, the grinding periods aren't too long and the battles have a basic system to them so you don't always just spam attack. It's however not a good system outside of that. Every battle is the same, bosses are little more than "grind checks" and so on. The most useful offensive ability is also pretty much "Attack", which is also an easy way to tell a turn-based system sucks. Those are usually at their best if the normal attack is never or only rarely useful. For a bunch of reasons.
>>
>>2067161
this game is not yuri bait right? i seen some waifufaqs posting this on steam hub, it got het end or what?
>>
>>2067682
Scroll up and find out.
>>
>>2067639

The mimic stripped you good. I understand though. My Chris keeled the last two bossfights. For some reasons the bosses like to crit her to death all the time, while the other partymembers have 0 problems. Maybe it's the chocolate. They just can't resist Chris.
>>
>>2067660
Wasting good chocolates like that?
>>
>>2067660
That bitch ruined Sara's tea party with Ermengarde and Becky.

She still had the best route, though Becky is best girl.
>>
File: 339_S1Ep4.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
339_S1Ep4.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>2067161
I've been playing Sakura Dungeon for several hours now and it has been a bliss so far staring at half-naked cute girls and their bits of interactions. But I'm not in for a surprise am I?
>>
>>2067683
sorry i barely see yuri related image being posted there so.... yeah
>>
Anyone know if 'Stranger of Sword City' has some kind of romances? You can choose gender. Supposedly.
>>
>>2067693
I was equally worried, so I took a peek into the archived files. There are no men anywhere.

But as a footfag I'm a little disappointed all sprites end at the knee.
>>
>>2067743
Thanks, good to hear.
>>
>>2067732
No but given the custom portraits option you can now make a party filled with your favorite fiction lesbians

Onee-sama squad soon
>>
>>2067732
It's a dungeon crawler, like Etrian Odyssey. So I guess you could make a party full of girls and imagine it's a yuri harem.
>>
File: 10894395_p0.jpg (103 KB, 450x462) Image search: [Google]
10894395_p0.jpg
103 KB, 450x462
How is the grind in Sakura Dungeon anyway?

I remember DMC getting so bad at times hacks were going around like crack.
>>
>>2067770
Depends on how you feel about grinds.
iIf you fight every random battle you shouldn't have a problem.
DMC really didn't feel very grindy when you had an auto fight button.
this game has an auto fight and a skip fight button.
>>
>>2067770
I'm playing on hard and it feels much more manageable than DMC. If you just fight wild battles normally, the bosses should be doable in one or two tries. Near the late middle to endgame, some of the bosses are pretty wild and you either have to grind a bit or come back at a later point.

There's a decent amount of luck involved too. If a strong boss happens to enter flow state really early, you can sometimes just be straight fucked.
>>
i've been playing dungeon for about 6 hours and i'm really enjoying it. it's not WC usual schlock where their reputation tends to precede them.

I haven't seen any mention of men and most of the girls tend to have some sort of lesbian tendency, ranging from crushes to sex, to mentions of past lovers. there are brightly colored dildos and anal in a lot of scenes if you can't stand those.

on normal mode i spend most of the battles on auto aside from boss monsters. some of the dungeons are a bit annoying, but the game does try to shake it up with new mechanics on each level. so far i haven't needed to grind on normal mode.
>>
>>2067211
>>2067215
>>2067217
Dragon age inquisition was very good, and ME4 probably will be as well.

The main reason ME3 was bad was because they had no idea how to finish the plot started in ME1 and 2.
>>
>>2067838
They did have a good idea, but they fired the series' main writer and scrapped that idea. So they had to scramble and come up with something new instead.
Look up the dark energy ending if you want to learn more.
>>
>>2067838
>no idea how to finish the plot
where did they say that? it was obviously rushed after EA took over and wanted to push it out the door to maximize sales. look at the sheer difference in bioware titles pre-EA take over vs after.
>>
>>2067838
>Dragon age inquisition was very good
No it wasn't
>>
Extella english release
>>
>>2067870
We know that Xseed already registered a website, so unless you have an official confirmation...
>>
>>2067874
It got announced
>>
>>2067881
Okay, jut saw the news. Summon Night 6 too. Hope Gaijinworks treats the (assuming there are any) same sex relationships better this time.
>>
>>2067870
Do we have confirmed Yuri?
>>
>>2067886
Don't bother in Japan they manage to restrict some of the options to romance characters its why the game didn't sell well in Japan and fans got mad.
>>2067888
The main characters are Atilla,Tamamo, and Whore of Babylon just pick FeMC as always
>>
>>2067888
Confirmed to have gender selection, so for now it's probably safe to say as much as the PSP games. Probably won't know anything definite until after release.
>>
>>2067811
>hard

Are the difficulties this time different to just adding/removing grind? Hard in DMC really made no sense, as it just cut exp/ether in half..
>>
>>2067891
Not sure what you're trying to say, but if you mean the romance options in SN6 are limited, it is technically a crossover game using characters from past SN titles which might make it hard.
>>
>>2067907
Its not just limited the players get rejected as well
>>
>>2067443
>better
SD doesn't have that defence/rest/offence tactics DMC had which makes battles a lot less exciting and more dependent on luck or grinding or simply choosing the more efficient spells.
>>
>>2067849
>>2067856
>where did they say that?
It's fairly obvious that they didn't to anyone who's played the games. I don't care what the reason for that is.

>>2067860
My condolences on your shit taste.
>>
>>2067928

No. Def/Rest was more luck dependent. Plus the element was badly integrated anyway.

In the end you'd need to be high enough level to beat something. At that point you rest when you are low on AP, defend if you are high on AP and the enemy as well (which is the most fucking annoying part, as it's just a waiting game until the enemy FINALLY uses a high AP cost skill which can take a while..), and otherwise you mash the "Attack" skill, and pretty much nothing else.

As far as I understand it, they just lessened the annoying parts of DMC. I still have to play it myself, but all I heard so far doesn't sound worse, but rather better. I so hope the shitty "lol, low AP at start of encounter -> Enemy crits -> Clothes torn" thing will be gone. One of the reasons, why you actually had to be a decent level, as level influences crit-rate. If you aren't.. the dice just kicks you out of the dungeon sooner or later.
>>
Well, I just finished Sakura Dungeon and can confirm it's 100% yuri. No male characters at all, the closest thing to a male in the entire game are a couple dildos.
There's not too much in the way of romance, but everyone's gay and has a lot of sex.
>>
Fate/Extella confirmed localization

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/740228499391160320

Too bad CCC isn't getting translated. I'm gonna assume it's a whole new story then?
>>
>>2067988
How long did you take?
>>
>>2068004
Is there actual yuri in it? I know nothing about the FSN series.
>>
>>2067928
I didn't like the rock/paper/siccors aspect of it. Most of the time you just guarded until the enemy used a costly attack, then wail on them.

In SD, you either do the above, or you build your CP meter which triggers a super mode and you have to watch out for the bosses own CP meter. Plus there's the new stat aliments and attack types.

I'm not saying it's a marvel of the battle system, but I found it a lot more enjoyable than DMC's.

On an offhand note, has anyone played Touhou Dungeon 2? Fuck me, now that was a battle system that blew me away.
>>
>>2068018
My playtime is listed at ~26 hours, though some of that is from leaving it running in the background while doing other stuff. But there's a good 20+ hours of gameplay if you're a completionist and do some grinding, maybe more on harder difficulties.
All in all I found it quite enjoyable. Sure, a few things could've been done better, but it's a massive step forward from the developers.
>>
File: Castle Maid.gif (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Castle Maid.gif
71 KB, 500x500
All I want is a MetroidVania where all the characters are pretty ladies who do lewd things to each other.
>>
>>2068058
>Metroidvania
>Character interaction
Pick one.
>>
File: F2NRzrl.png (109 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
F2NRzrl.png
109 KB, 480x272
>>2068035
Depends
>>
>>2068058
That rabbit one is the best thing you're going to get.
>>
>>2068035
Seems like anything Fate/ related always has at least a sprinkling of yuri in it minimum.

The PSP games had quite a lot more than that though.
>>
>>2068116
I think the only true Lesbian character is Carmilla from Fate/Grand Order. All the rest are bisexual.
>>
>>2068099
>Rabbit one

???

>>2068068
>Pick one
Post what you got of each instead, please
>>
>>2068151
>rabbit one
I think anon meant rabi ribi
>>
File: def2-nude-smug.png (2 MB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
def2-nude-smug.png
2 MB, 2480x3508
I forgot to ask last thread - to pastebin anon, please could I request that you change the tumblr link to my lemma thread instead?
https://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=37259
I update it far more frequently now than I do my blog.
>>
This game is alright
>>
>>2067838
The main reason ME3 was bad was because it was practically a completely different game from 1 and 2.
>>
>>2068192
Is that swordy city?
>>
>>2068245
Yes
>>
>>2068254
And where did you get the sono hana sprites from? Sadpanda?
>>
>>2068257
Yes but you can also get then from the cg packs
>>
>>2068058
There is Dex, where you can get it on with a prostitute.
>>
>>2067988
Strapons?
>>
>>2068318
No, just normal dildos, and one scene with a double-ended one. And a buttplug tail.
>>
File: munchkin ceri.jpg (161 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
munchkin ceri.jpg
161 KB, 1280x720
>>2068318
Not that anon, but I also finished the game already (on abyssal, dunno if that even makes a difference) and unlocked all CG and party members (at least I think so), and I can say that there are no strapons.

I ended up dragging Sylvi and Maeve all the way into the endgame and EX even though they were crap, just so I could see more yuri dialogue. Maybe it's because I never used any seeds on anyone except Ceri, who became an immortal munchkin by the end. No scrolls used either as I wanted to keep slots open. Yeah, I'm a masochist.
Sylvi was consistently trying to openly flirt with MC all the way till the end, but I was a little disappointed that there wasn't really any Cera and Maeve yuri interaction that I was hoping to get. I dragged around Anubis and Ryuuou (which were great till the end unlike the other two) as well as the two main characters.

Might try to go through the cutscenes with a different set of characters and see if there are other yuri dialogue that I might've missed. So far I just avoided the dime-a-dozen party members since I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the less personal characters would have less yuri dialogue.

Also I was hoping the reaper twins would've fucked each other (yeah we know they do, just no cgs), and for something between Ryuuou's servants Tatsu and Yori, which I felt were somewhat neglected.

God damn, been a long while since I've played these types of games without a guide. It really takes a lot longer, having to double/triple/quadruple/etc check everything to make sure I'm not missing anything (hopefully).

And I'm a little sad I can't recruit the Big Bad. Or anyone in the EX dungeon except the shitty scumbag bounty hunter. I at least wanted a cool mecha musume in my party if not her minions...
Seems Izanami doesn't seem to be recruitable either...
>>
>playing Sakura Dungeon
>beat up some random storeroom guards
>my random monstergirl minions suddenly launch into a discussion about the relative merits of their preferred tactics

If only DMC had been like this.
>>
>>2068341
So, who was your favorite monster girl?
>>
>>2068342
I really like how we get to hear from each monster in party for almost all noteworthy events.
>>
>>2068341
I was also very disappointed by how little they used Sylvi. No outfits for her despite offering to wear things multiple times, no proper response from Yomi to her advances, and no real sex scenes. I also used her to the end, but felt she more or less pulled her weight. And I used the seeds mostly to buff Yomi, who becomes insanely powerful with good stats - one crit can send her into Flow.

As for other party members, I used the Sword Witch for a while after capturing her, and she had a lot of flirty lines and mentions of past lovers. And everything the Succubus says is sexually charged. I wish we could've run a bigger party, just to read more dialog from the companions.
>>
>>2068376
>I wish we could've run a bigger party, just to read more dialog from the companions
That's what multiple playthroughs are for..
>>
>>2068341
>Maybe it's because I never used any seeds on anyone except Ceri

I think you missed a couple seeds.
>>
File: farmable stats.jpg (161 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
farmable stats.jpg
161 KB, 1280x720
>>2068349
Ryuuou.
>>2068385
You mean the Resist seeds? They're still in my inventory.
The Huge Seeds are still unused as well. And anyway there's an infinite supply of them
By the way I made a rough spreadsheet detailing the various character stats, if anyone's interested. The stats of non-recruitable ones aren't complete for obvious reasons.
Will update in the future (if I still play the damn thing)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SQNFWnAL340zmugTQp_gY4skwZLCqjJmTWg0dG01iB8/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>get magical diary for 7 bucks on a whim
>manage to get virgina path which is adorable as shit
>decide to check out what little fan fiction there is
>can count all the yuri fics on one hand

I don't understand what the interest is in not!snape.
>>
Holy fuck, this thread is 2 days old and you guys are still typing like absolute madmen. Most threads die out after 9 hrs
>>
>>2068423
This is hardly typing like madmen. Hell timestamps indicate a drop in activity pretty indicative of the americans without the most severe insomnia going to sleep. My post about magical diary came 2hrs after the post above it.

/u/'s usual high speed thread would be the avatar threads a couple months back. And the top speed was probably the LoK finale threads.

Also 2 days old is fucking nothing on this board. The low energy threads can last for months.
>>
>>2068424
>months

You mean years. We had at least one thread which got a one-year anniversary. /u/ is quite special indeed.
>>
>>2068427
I wasn't sure if any of those were still kicking and hadn't managed to get bumped off the board.
>>
>>2068422
Hermione/Snape had a huge fanfic following to begin with and the game played right into some of its favorite tropes, so the people it attracted were more likely to write about it.

On the other hand Virginia is the least popular love interest so nobody does any fanwork about her at all. You could be first.
>>
anyone know if you can buy and gift alot of games through humble bundle or is that against the rules.

It seems they find it suspicious at the very least although not sure if its against the rules
>>
>>2068427
>>2068435
The Wicked thread (>>1487013) is from 2013.
>>
>>2068440

I mean if you buy a ton, that's be obviously suspicious as you could be a reseller. When in doubt go and drop them a mail and state what you wanna do and just ask.
>>
>>2068424
Still, since roughly the end of last year the Yuri Game thread has consistently been in the top 3 of the faster-moving threads on /u/, if not the fastest at times. Before that they barely managed to breach into the top 10 from time to time.
>>
>>2068456
>since roughly the end of last year
Well, consider how much the landscape of yuri games changed within the past year. We've had a lot more to be excited about.
>>
...is there any way to buy Sakura Dungeon without having it on my steam account...?
>>
>>2068439
Between AO3 and FFnet. I found 2 Virginia fics and 1 for Ellen.

Also some of the het fics are in the 50k-200k+ word count. Normally I'm not one to complain about long fanfiction but I do have to how the fuck this VN inspired so much content.
>>
>>2068461
Stop being a pussy, nobody cares if you play weaboo games.

You can buy it on Nutaku. Or just get another Steam account for lewds.
>>
>>2068461
Don't be ashamed of your true self.
>>
>>2068427
Yes indeed
>>
>>2068404
Thanks for the sheet onee-sama.
>>
>>2068404
Oh my god this is really nice and neat. Thanks, sis.
>>
alright got a reply from humble bundle and everything is good to go so i can send many games now.

If you need the steam name its yurigamesfree
>>
>>2068349
>So, who was your favorite monster girl?
While their dialogue lasted
Spear girl and Monk
Most favorite had to be chocolate mimic and Bonny.
>>
>>2068489
Thanks again sis.
>>
>>2068404
I'm on the jap level where you have to run before the door get locked, how long until the end?
>>
You know, for a game that promises to be almost all about monstergirls, Sakura Dungeon does have quite a few just ordinary girls. I mean, there's nothing particularly monstrous about some sword-swinging Warrior, right?
>>
>>2068511
That's floor 15, so roughly halfway through the game's main story.
But there's also the post story stuff, which involves revisiting shit.
>>
>>2068515
Thanks
>>
>>2068514
I think rather than monsters, they're supposed to be 'youkai'. Which can look pretty normal I think?
>>
>>2068489
Just dropping by to thank you again for A Little Lily Princess. It's been real cute so far.
>>
Is there a way to cheat in Sakura Dungeon the game is cute but the gameplay boring as fuck
>>
Where is the item i need to recruit ryuuou? please respond.

>>2068376
>Sword Witch
I tried to run with her for a while but she's way too weak.
>>
File: Dragon_Gem_thingy.png (321 KB, 545x512) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Gem_thingy.png
321 KB, 545x512
>>2068557
>Where is the item i need to recruit ryuuou? please respond.
Right here aint it?
>>
>>2068562
thank you, i'll go there and see.

also when is the second succubus battle? I'm past anubis and i haven't seen the succubus since.
>>
>>2068601
She's near the end, the floor before the final boss.
>>
I really wanted to take the bitchy noblewoman all the way, but it seems that the monsters only have dialogue for two or three floors after their join level, which I suppose is pretty understandable.

Still. That scene with her and the hammer was pretty cute I guess.
>>
I sure hope more of these Fox Mikos, Monks and Succubi appear in the future because I couldn't capture the one example of each I've encountered so far.
>>
>>2068643
They do.
>>
>>2068643
Fox Mikos and Monks become regular enemies a couple floors after you first encounter them. You meet the Succubus again as one of the final bosses, and she's automatically recruited after you beat her then.
>>
>Spend most of the game hitting every wall looking for pieces of the statue of luck.
>finally get it
>wow
>literally barely noticeable.
>>
>>2068688
It took me longer than I'd like to admit to notice this, but you can view a floor map from the party screen to see which walls can even possibly have secret rooms.
>>
>>2068689
Yeah they didn't hide the rooms very well, but still the statue is a little disappointing.
>>
>>2068643
Updated the spreadsheet I posted earlier at >>2068404 with a list that shows which levels they spawn at.
>>
>>2068692
You do notice a higher drop rate for scrolls and seeds, but it's not a massive boost. And given how big a deal they make about the statue, yeah, it's kind of underwhelming.
At least completing it unlocks a nice bonus scene, though.
>>
Highway Blossoms steam page is up:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/451760/
>>
File: fuck.png (864 KB, 1169x658) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
864 KB, 1169x658
how the FUCK do I get onto Nozomi's route in Akai Ito. I have all the seals removed, and I can clearly see where the branch is in the flow chart on the 3rd night, but the game just gives me a game over whenever I try and branch out. What flag am I missing?
>>
File: hatoukei1.png (1 MB, 1175x683) Image search: [Google]
hatoukei1.png
1 MB, 1175x683
>>2068867
nvm, I figured it out, fuckin hell the things I do for yuri...
>>
>>2068867
Its known as "The Secret Route" for a reason...

Don't go in expecting much. After how amazing Yumei's route is, Nozomi's is a big let down.
>>
BTW why the heck are you playing Akaiito in such low resolution? It's horribly scarring the gorgeous visuals.
>>
>>2068921
Actually, I was playing with 5x native res. I switched it to native with anti aliasing and it looks a lot better now.
>>
>>2068689
i can't get around without the full and floor map. i spent more time staring at the tiny crude pixel arrow than i did trying to navigate the "3d" backgrounds.
>>
>>2068966
I also spent a lot of attempts trying to figure out the trick to that timed door puzzle before concluding it's impossible if you move with the arrow keys.

Is that actually the case or am I even worse at these things than I thought?
>>
>>2068492
>While their dialogue lasted

This is annoying. You keep a favorite monster and they just stop talking after a while.
>>
>>2069007
Annoying, but kind of understandable. I somehow doubt Sakura Dungeon had a big budget and a large team. It would take a lot of time and effort to write reactions for every monstergirl for every event. And, really, how many people are going to take Boar all the way to the endgame anyway?
>>
>>2069007
Even worse is that you inevitably miss some comments because your party can't hold more members. They should have all the messages display if you have the monster captured but not in your party.
>>
>>2069022
>They should have all the messages display if you have the monster captured but not in your party.
100% this.
Imagine my frustration when I had to bank the angel right after getting her because she had about 3 lines before her vow of silence . I ended up banking Yomi very early because no matter what she'd always appear in every dialogue anyway. I found myself saving and reloading going back and forth to the town with new girls to see any dialogue change, only to remember how mediocre the writing is anyway. At least Bonny made me smile.
>>
Holy shit we're getting nurse love on Steam???
http://store.steampowered.com/app/485040/
>>
>>2069068
OH MY GOD PRAISE BE
>>
>>2069068
What the hell? Out of the fucking nowhere? I either had forgotten about it or was it never announced, at least here?
>>
>>2069070
Yeah, out of absolute nowhere, it's bizarre. I generally keep up with this sort of thing and I had no idea.
>>
>>2069070
Seems to be out of nowhere that Kogado announced a Steam version with English and Chinese translation
>>
>>2069068

If the TL is good, that's something. Interesting that it's the newer one, though I given that I pretty much dropped the first one, I'm personally not sad about it. Probably the better choice.

Definitely a good idea for them to do this though. Yuri seems to be reasonably popular on steam, right? Now if the TL isn't terrible.. could work.
>>
>>2069073
>>2069074
Either they have an incredibly crappy marketing department or something is fishy is going on here. Any anon should check the Steam refund policy before considering buying it.
>>
>>2069076
It just seems to be Japanese led, and they aren't going to be used to how stuff is announced. Seems like they got a press release to famitsu,com though.
>>
>>2069076
It's published by Degica so I think it's legit.
>>
>>2068848
Oh, only 8 days away huh.

Damn, I'm so far behind on yuri games...but I'll still buy it.
>>
>>2069068
Asky.... why...
>>
>>2069089
Nips trying too hard to be white. The reverse weaboo.
>>
By the way, the director says how HakuAi does will set the course for Kogado's other titles on whether they will be released on steam as well. I take this as everything else getting English. So buy the fuck out of this, everyone.
>>
>>2069068
This is great! I wonder if they will bring to us Hakuisei Ren'ai Shoukougun too.
>>
>>2069096
My wallet is ready.
>>
>>2069096
Don't buy future promises, anon, buy only the product you're paying for.
>>
Can't wait to buy hakuai for the third time
>>
>>2069110
I have at least 2-3 copies of each of the pc/vita releases. This will be.. number 6 for me at least. lol
>>
>>2069107
And it's a fine product we will be paying for. Somewhat silly but fun. It's just to encourage those who are sitting on the fence or well.. thinking of not paying at all.
>>
>>2069120
>it's a fine product we will be paying for
Assuming the localization isn't butchered.
>>
>>2069120
I hope so. This will cost around 40€. That price after coversion is too high for me. Is it as good as Kindred Spirits? And what does this "Bittersweet love between girls" in the description even mean?
>>
>>2069130
your waifu died and you're now married with her sadistic twin sister
>>
>>2069130
>And what does this "Bittersweet love between girls" in the description even mean?
It's a wild ride. A bit too wild: I think it gets a bit too daft to really be bittersweet. It took some of the twist elements of ShiroKoi and turned them up to 11.
>>
>>2069068
>>2069068
i can't believe this is legit and coming in just a week. talk about exciting.
>>
>>2069120
>Somewhat silly but fun
Cannibalism tag on vndb. Hmm.
>>
>>2069189
That's its darkest bad ending, but it is pretty silly. Certainly sillier than ShiroKoi's bad endings.
>>
>>2069096
>So buy the fuck out of this, everyone.
don't have to tell me twice. only a week away is a nice change from waiting years for translation (Thanks JAST)

>>2069107
>Don't buy future promises, anon, buy only the product you're paying for.
this one is good, got nice reviews on /u/.
>>
File: Hakuai - Coming Out 2016-6-16.jpg (288 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hakuai - Coming Out 2016-6-16.jpg
288 KB, 1280x720
>>2069068
Well, I guess it was worth fansubbing the trial version of Hakuai after all. I also fansubbed the whole 5 hour demo of Lilycle Rainbow Stage!!!, which just got released 2016-4-28. Maybe that'll get picked up next year too.

Just two things I have from looking at what was posted on steam: The main heroine is named "Asuka," not "Asky," and the steam description could've been worded much better, as the semi-colon got misused several times (probably punctuation errors in the game as well). Despite that, the translation looks all right after comparing the original with the posted photos.

Even if I didn't know Japanese, I'd still risk checking out Hakuai. The slice of life with Asuka as the lead, silly as she is, is quite fun and endearing.

Asuka: Ms. Ohara brushed my bangs aside with her fingers and... her lips touched my forehead.
>>
>>2069198
"Asky" is obviously how they're localizing Nao calling her お姉ちゃん
>>
>>2069200
They should've kept it as Onee-chan. Asky sounds moronic.
>>
>>2069201
These sorts of things are always subjective as to whether it sounds less moronic than leaving Japanese untranslated.
>>
>>2069205
Asky makes it sound like she keeps asking questions nonstop.
>>
>>2069209
Well yes, but it also sounds like a cute nickname. Of course, that makes her character into the sort of person who invents cutesy nicknames.
>>
File: Who Idolizing.jpg (104 KB, 744x418) Image search: [Google]
Who Idolizing.jpg
104 KB, 744x418
>>2069200 Should've stuck with Onee-chan.
>>2069209 With "asterisks" too.

Oh yeah, I already spotted an error, not only in the steam description, but in the opening video as well.

0:49 "Perfect sibling who idolizing her big sister"
>>
>>2069131
Is this in the true ending for her too?
>>
>>2069233 Spoilers are there for a reason.
>>
>>2069233
It is her true ending. There's more it such that it doesn't pan out as bad as it sounds.
>>
>>2069021
Plenty of reason to take Bunny or Slime all the way, though. It'd be a lot of dialogue in one sense, but it's a few throwaway lines in another per person, how hard is that really?
>>
File: Subdued Asuka.jpg (192 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Subdued Asuka.jpg
192 KB, 1280x720
Nurse Love Addiction thread right here >>2069237

Asuka: (A kiss with my little sister...)
>>
>>2069096

>Little witch parfait on steam

you guys better buy this.
>>
>>2069336
High price and not the best looking UI or translation, though...
>>
>https://sekaiproject.com/progress/
>Love, Guitars and the Nashville Skyline is 60.87% translated.
>Ne no Kami is 99.79% translated.

That was fast

>>2069338
There's mistakes in the video but it's too soon to judge the entire translation.
>>
The promised Yuritopia is upon us! It's the first time in history, but Western Yuri fans are drowning in officially localized Yuri games! All hail the Yuritopia!!!!
>>
>>2069378
inb4 someone complains about visual novels
>>
>>2069385
People can complain all they want
Steam is probably single-handedly responsible for the present explosion of VNs in English.
>>
File: momoko.png (673 KB, 798x597) Image search: [Google]
momoko.png
673 KB, 798x597
>>2069021
Well, maybe I want them to put in a lot of effort and time into their games!
>>
>>2069396
>Steam
I would have assumed it was all the companies that produced and translated them.
>>
>>2069402
Access to an easy audience that produces a big burst of sales in English caused the rush to translate.

So no, it's not single-handed, but Steam is relevant.
>>
>>2069402
Steam gave them a place where their games could easily reach an audience. I think Kickstarter has also helped a lot by taking out the risk factor.
>>
>>2069374
They're both only a few hours long.
>>
File: 1443118406696.jpg (761 KB, 1050x1000) Image search: [Google]
1443118406696.jpg
761 KB, 1050x1000
Alright, /u/, platformers where I can be a cute girl and rescue princesses, fair maidens and/or other cute girls?

Fucking around with costumes in Mario Maker is like the aspirin to my her/u/in addiction.
>>
>>2069438
Rabi Ribi?
>>
>>2069441
Does that actually have any rescuing in it, or is it just a /u/ platformer?

I remember a half-assed attempt at a princess-rescuing platformer in the yuri jam but I don't think it was completed

There's also the Mighty Switch Force Hose game where you're sort of rescuing cute girls but it's not really yuri. Or you can play Spelunky as a girl avatar and rescue damsels and get kisses but there's no development there
>>
>>2069453
There is some rescuing going on, yes.
>>
Is this boom of translated yuri stuff on steam exclusive to yuri or is het/yaoi getting stuff too?

Just wondering. If so, was it Kindred Spirits that kicked this all into gear?
>>
>>2069468
It was one of the big licenses but a lot of this went into motion long before it was actually released, if that's what you're asking
>>
>>2069468
I know there is quite a few Otome VNs on steam. Not sure about BL.
>>
File: guishen_0058evari003a.jpg (594 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
guishen_0058evari003a.jpg
594 KB, 2048x1152
Can't wait for Negai Agreement.
>>
File: fatex_008_cs1w1_x720.jpg (275 KB, 509x720) Image search: [Google]
fatex_008_cs1w1_x720.jpg
275 KB, 509x720
>>
>>2069396
>explosion

Do we have any actual sales figures? I mean, this is big from our parched point of view, but Steam's Steam.
>>
>>2069497
We know is that Kindred Spirits' localization sold more than either MangaGamer or Liar-Soft expected. But it probably owed many of its sales to being an "uncensored" VN on Steam, so I'm not convinced either Flowers or Nurse Love Addiction will reach the same numbers (not to mention both of them are off to a bad start, for different reasons).
>>
File: 20160610130627_1.jpg (352 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160610130627_1.jpg
352 KB, 1920x1080
>>2067161
>>
>>2069644
Is that an upscale or the original size?
I thought it's 1280 x 720 ingame.
>>
Planned PSCD DLC is a free update now.

http://www.winterwolves.net/blog/2016/06/pscd-free-dlc-is-now-out/
>>
File: 20160610164831_1.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160610164831_1.jpg
286 KB, 1920x1080
>>2069661
It's just a screenshot I took through Steam when I had the game in fullscreen mode.
>>
>>2069574
>(not to mention both of them are off to a bad start, for different reasons).
Feels like similar reasons to me. Flowers is being retranslated from scratch, while Nurse Love Addiction needs some serious editing and to reconsider some of their localization choices, like Asky.
>>
>>2069804
Can we tell if they need some serious editing yet? Their biggest issue is coming out of nowhere, potentially making it hard for the sales to benefit. Especially when it's expensive.
>>
So sakura dungeon had a nice scene where yomi and ceri make love but NONE for maeve x ceri or sylvi x yomi. How can WC be such a tease with a hentai game?
>>
>Sakura Dungeon
I wish the CG viewer also was an event viewer.

Also, I hope there's a crossover with Demon Master Chris.
>>
>>2069843
I was disappointed when the boss was just a random nobody instead of the leviathan from DMC.
>>
>>2069843
are they from the same developer?
>>
>>2069869
No DMC is by the game's artist
>>
File: 564564556.jpg (161 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
564564556.jpg
161 KB, 600x600
>>2069438
try super marisa world.
>>
>>2069804
>like Asky.
Games have over-localisations like this quite often, and overall not enough people seem to actually care for it to be changed. Bugs the hell out of me, though.
>>
I get you people liked Sakura dungeon's intricate gameplay, but what about the sex, does it have too much dildo action?
>>
>>2069966
a bit too much.
>>
>>2069966
You could argue that it was a bit over reliant on toys, but there were still a bunch of scenes without any. The bigger issues for me was that the scenes were generally too short, there were too many solo masturbation scenes that Yomi should've gotten involved in, and it would've been nice to get a few more emotionally meaningful scenes, rather than romps and one night stands.
>>
>>2069966
it has a lot of dildos. they're all female controlled or for masterbation, so it never bothered me like 'this is an appendage for a guy to self insert on'.

small price to pay for the game that has a shitton of yuri only orgies and threesomes.
>>
>>2069967
>>2069969
This is what I feared, but I guess I'll take what we get, we rarely ever get anything that doesn't shoehorn a male somewhere.
>>
>>2069971
>shoehorn a male somewhere
Wat
>>
>>2069869
They are. They just kept it quiet.
>>
>>2069984
Anon's willing to play Sakura Dungeon despite a couple of misgivings specifically because it doesn't shoehorn a male in while most other games do. Basically a case of scarcity leading to lowering of standards.
>>
>>2069969
Funny how, a pair of random monsters and your seemstress get more emotional scenes than your main characters.

Also
>vibrators in middle ages
>>
>>2069869
>>2069987
DMC was made by a single person and that person does the art for Sakura Dungeon. I don't think there would be an issue with using DMC characters in Sakura Dungeon, but it's not quite made by the same developer, per say.
>>
>>2069989
>>vibrators in middle ages
they were done with magic and runes but endgame stuff it's possible either way
>>
>>2069990
Xent (the guy behind WC) was also the one directing it. Same artist, same producer. The only difference is they had an external coder.
>>
What are the best non-H Yuri VNs
>>
File: Akai Ito.png (2 MB, 1243x720) Image search: [Google]
Akai Ito.png
2 MB, 1243x720
>>2070022
Akai Ito and Aoishiro. Great production values and writing. Lonely Yuri (Kodoku ni Kiku Yuri) is significantly shorter, but is still up there with my favorites.
>>
>>2070022
If you're not EOP, SeaBed and Flowers.
>>
>>2069990
DMC was from the Japanese doujin maker Nyaatrap. He can't draw. He had anther game in development that was supposed to succeed DMC, but it was never released.

http://nyaatrap.blog.fc2.com/
http://nyaatrap.blog.fc2.com/blog-category-9.html
>>
>>2070033
Uzuki, you're not even a monster.

You're just looking for an excuse to ravish Kei, aren't you?
>>
>>2070043
Did you even play the game?
>>
>>2070038
>EOP
?
>>
>>2070070
...Yes?

Sakuya is a sorta-werewolf, Yumei is technically human but currently stuck in a tree. Uzuki is the only pure human there and doesn't even have blood drinking scenes like the others, does she now?
>>
>>2068882
>>2070033
You aware the aspect ratio is stretched?
>>
>>2070022
Hakuai is up there, too. Seconding Seabed (although or maybe because it's rather... unusual compared to other yuri VNs) and the aforementioned short but very cute Lonely Yuri.

>>2070167
English only peasant.
>>
File: 2016-04-09_19-23-57.jpg (165 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-09_19-23-57.jpg
165 KB, 1920x1080
>>2070022
I'll join the hivemind and say Seabed, honestly nothing much come close
Flowers is nice too as is Akai Ito
>>
File: kotomi.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
kotomi.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>2070022
Solfege.
>>
File: sheglows.jpg (74 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
sheglows.jpg
74 KB, 600x337
>>2069808
Using lines like (she glows) instead of *glows* should be fixed. The way they have it now makes it sound like something the character whispers or is thinking rather than something they're doing.
>>
>>2070205
To be honest that's pretty clumsy as well. It should just be added in as its own line of narration. The thought makes her cheeks bloom blah blah blah. Emotes aren't exactly appropriate in any kind of prose you'd be expected to pay for, barring some extreme stylistic decision to make your prose emulate twitter comments which hardly seems the case here.

I dunno if the Japanese version was equally incompetent on this point though.
>>
>>2070211

It's actually sometimes expressed in Japanese. Which can't really be translated. It's because Japanese kinda use.. "soundeffects" and such in their speech anyway. I.e. "doki doki", which everyone should know. If a character just says that, outside of a sentence, it pretty much implies they feel like that.. for the most part at least. How realistic that is.. I have no idea. But it happens in fiction at least. As a translation you should probably just make another sentence to showcase that emotion. Or something like that.
>>
>>2070195
translation never?
>>
>>2070211
In Japanese, it's not something the audience it's intended for regard as "incompetent"
>>
File: sheglowsjapanese.jpg (178 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sheglowsjapanese.jpg
178 KB, 1280x720
>>2070211
It's how it was in the Japanese version.
>>
>>2070220
Buy hakuai!
>>
>>2070205
>>2070211
That's just one those things that's doesn't translate well.
>>
>>2070226
I would have put a 顔文字 personally, something like (´◡`)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.