[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Backlash Grows Over Campaign to Make Elsa From 'Frozen&
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 1450727521553.jpg (573 KB, 1540x790) Image search: [Google]
1450727521553.jpg
573 KB, 1540x790
Backlash Grows Over Campaign to Make Elsa From 'Frozen' a Lesbian

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/movies/backlash-grows-over-campaign-have-disney-princess-elsa-frozen-be-n573691

so... there's that.
>>
And then nobody cared.
At least post it in the appropriate thread.
>>
Backlash grows over OP being too dumb to look in the catalog for the appropriate thread to post this shit.
>>2010208
>>
>>2052404
Backlash grows over OP being unable to eat a gun.
>>
It's just a bunch of religious retards, no one treats them seriously.
>>
>>2052404
>>>/co/
>>>/aco/
>>>/trash/
>>>/tumblr/
>>
Please mods.
>>
>>2052404

A problem I've had with Disney ever since I was a little kid first watching it was their obsession with every character getting a significant other by the end, even if they'd only just met. It just made me uncomfortable (maybe it had something to do with my parents getting divorced, but that was only when I was 7, so I had already watched some Disney and related films and I remember similar discomfort).

First of all, what 5-year-old knows or cares about non-platonic or non-familial romance/love and especially kissing? Understanding that was an alienating part of the equation is a big part of the reason Frozen was so successful among little kids.

If Disney wants to be realistically representative with positive family role models, maybe they could start by having a single mom or dad who is able to struggle and thrive with their children (even though such situations are statistically much worse for a child's emotional development, companies like Disney can't change things practically, but maybe they can try to ameliorate things culturally).

Or how about the Prince/Princess who doesn't need a significant other to find self-fulfillment? If Elsa remains the "virgin queen", we get not only the less romance-centric film that kids won't get, but also plausible deniability on our Elsanna fandom!

#ElsaNeedsNoRomance
>>
>>2052712
>A problem I've had with Disney ever since I was a little kid first watching it was their obsession with every character getting a significant other by the end,

That's hardly limited to Disney. Shoehorning a love interest is THE singular most used trope in all of entertainment. Except maybe books, percentage wise.
>>
>>2052712
Welp, assuming that these campaigns (the "give elsa a girlfriend" and the opposite one) can actually influence the movie in any way, she'll end up alone again, Disney probably won't want to look like they're siding with anyone in this debate
>>
Protip: There will never be prominent LGBT content in any big-budget movie until China starts approving it.
>>
>>2052712
>maybe they could start by having a single mom or dad who is able to struggle and thrive with their children
Maurice. The Sultan. Duchess. Nani (older sister). Widow Tweed. Sarah. Marlin. Triton.

Single (or dead) parents are the norm for Disney, as are contentious or estranged or difficult family or parent-child relationships. You're not exactly breaking new ground here.

The love interest isn't there for the five year olds, it's there for the 10 year olds and up and the closeted or less than closeted romantics. That's why Disney is a family company: it's got stuff for all ages, but it's not so blatant or all consuming on each part that it turns off too many people. Your anecdote aside, Disney is wildly popular and successful among different age groups, both in terms of their movies and their merchandising.
>>
There's making western generals, which on paper is pretty benign when they aren't 10% of the catalog. Then there's shit like this.
>>
>>2052713
>Except maybe books
All the best sellers (which doesn't mean they are good books though) have romance, like Harry Potter, Twilight, 50 Shades, The Hunger Games, etc.
>>
>>2052934
Harry Potter barely has any in it, which makes Harry ending up with Ginny all the more jarring because it was barely developed.
>>
>>2052747
that's only because china is to back up plan in case a movie fails. And let's face it, lesbian or not, Frozen2 will never fail
>>
>>2052747

It's not like the first LGBT content in a Disney movie will be anything more than shared smiles, an implied living arrangement, and/or periodic hand holding.
>>
Shouldn't this be in /lgbt/ or at least /co/?
>>
>>2052948
China's legitimately important to Hollywood. Transformers 4 and Iron 3 were hardly going to fail either, and they still went as far as directly pandering to China with the scripts and shooting locations.
>>
>>2052954
Well, that already happened in Zootopia with Judy's neighbors.
>>
Can you fucks just sage everything if you're gonna argue?
>>2052955
It belongs on /lgbt/
>>
>>2052963
Honestly it encompasses all three boards. /u/ because there is Frozen related content on this board, /co/ because it's a Disney Cartoon Movie and /lgbt/ because it deals with real life issues.
>>
>>2052963
I-I did sage.

Where the fuck are the mods though.
>>
>>2052957
Like, there are movies where a notable Chinese actor shows up for one 2-3 minute long scene where they help Tony Stark fix a thing or whatever. And Mad Max: Fury Road 2 likely won't get made because it did poorly in China, unlike noted high quality movie Terminator Genisys.
>>
>>2052957
This reminds me of that one time when a Chinese theater used a fan made poster of Thor hugging Loki from behind to promote the movie and somehow no one even cared to question it.
>>
>>2052969
The Frozen shit doesn't even belong on this board and at the bare minimum this shit could have at least gone in its containment thread if just for the sake of courtesy.
>>
>>2052404
>backlash grows
So...some kids are tweeting?
>>
>>2053098
This isn't about incest though. They're asking for Disney to add a new unrelated character as Elsa's girlfriend.
>>
Why would they do this? It's not forbidden love if they make it canon.
>>
Where do you newfags even come from? This is the third thread about Frozen.
>>2053033
I'd argue it does when it's about holding hands. But we'll probably never agree on that matter.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.