[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yuri harem VN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (909 KB, 774x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
909 KB, 774x1000
I want to know /u/'s preferences when it comes to visual novels that feature multiple romantic routes for one MC. You don't have to answer every question below separately, since I know many people love radically different characters as long as they have a right mix of traits, and not just for possessing a single particular trait. If this is the case, just describe the combination you like best.

So imagine this to be a 30-50 hours long eroge, terrific writing, terrific art by the artist you love the most, is a huge story that are thick with both yuri and main plot that have nothing to do with yuri, have at least 10 other important characters beside MC and her potential girlfriends.

1) Appearance-wise for MC, what do you prefer when it comes to height, hair length, hairstyle, bodytype, and clothing?

2) Sexually-wise: mostly dominant top, whipped top, power bottom, submissive bottom, or perfectly equal switch?

3) Personality-wise: bright, plain, or dark? Charismatic, normal, or someone that most people would be scared of/avoid/dislike? Protected or be protected? Brain or brawl? Serious or goofy? Ruthless or heroic? Monogamous or womanizer? Shy or confident? Social butterfly, reasonably sociable, or withdraw? Leader, advisor, or follower? Soft and sweet or cool and badass? You can also give a character example from existing VN/anime/manga to illustrate what you mean.

4) Do you want a harem route or just separate routes? How many girls would you like? Do you want a specified true ending or want all routes to be equal (at least until there're a follow-up sequel)?

5) Favourite settings and genre: historical, alternate historical (where women are equal with men), modern, fantasy, sci-fi, dystopia? Romantic comedy, romance, action, horror, psychological, drama, slice of life, sport, cooking, crime? You can also describe a particular plot that you're dying to see a yuri harem VN of.
>>
>>2042361

Unless this is the barest effort made on shoe string budgets, you should strive to offer people choices for 1-4 within the VN itself.

Pick a setting YOU like for 5, otherwise you won't have the motivation to finish making it. Just be mindful to not get too preachy on topics like gender and sexuality, even if you do want to push certain ideas.
>>
1. Anything that is defined. The MC should be an actual character, not a generic stand-in.

2. Switch or Bottom that gets to top.

3. Bright and Charismatic. How else would she get a harem? She shouldn't be the most special person in the world with unbeatable hax superpowers however. Those make certain LNs suck for a reason and don't get better if yuri.

4. I personally prefer various routes with a designated true end...which should be the harem end.

5. Fantasy or Scifi, preferably not in a school. What I'd love to see is a fantasy plot with a noble woman using her wiles to charm powerful allies into her harem so she can get shit done.
>>
>>2042364
Too many knights and nobles and not enough angels, demons, ghosts or witches.
>>
I aint readin' all that shit, sis, just put a cute delinquent girl who's secretly super soft in it.
>>
>>2042361
1. Something average, she shouldn't be a midget, but not an amazon either. Straight brown or black hair preferable, sporty and casual clothing.

2. Equal switch with a slight leaning towards dominant.

3. No real preference. I enjoy characters like Miho Nishizumi, Yoshika Miyafuji or Nanoha equally, just make sure they are properly fleshed out characters who are relatable and likeable to some degree.

4. No harem end. 4-6 girls at the most. All endings equally valid, true endings are more suitable to RPGs in my personal opinion.

5. Fantasy or retro style Sci-Fi. Legend of the Galactic Lesbian Heroines would be awesome.
>>
Magical girl harem with four or five members where all the magical girls on the team have elements that correspond to their personalities (ex: sporty tomboy uses fire). However, the main character's trait is LOVE and has to flirt with, date, and kiss the other girls in order to power up.

Oh, and they can't just wait until the last moment and go "oh no we're in trouble, take me now Pink-chan!" it has to be real or they won't have the power to defeat the Monster of the Week. Basically Smile + Doki Doki Precure with even less subtlety.

And since this is a completely absurd hypothetical where we can have anyone we want to work on it, the story will be written by Shinbou and the art will be done by BUNBUN.
>>
>>2042361
1) No particular preference, except maybe that she doesn't look like a little kid.

2) Submissive bottom, except for once I'd like her to actively seek out and encourage her partner/s to chase her. You know, in a flirty kinda way.

3) What anon said >>2042364
She should be clever, charismatic and dependable. Ideally she'd solve her problems by using her brain and enlisting the help of her friends and lover/s, instead of some bullshit hax.

4) Multiple routes preferred, with the hardest being the harem end.

5) Scifi action is my preferred genre, although anything fantastical (including horror and alt history) is fine.
>>
>>2042379
>the main character's trait is LOVE and has to flirt with, date, and kiss the other girls in order to power up.
I would hate that. Adding plot-device reasons for a character to be intimate with others always cheapens the romance for me. It'd be as if she's flirting with her teammates so that she can get her power-up and be useful to the team, and less because she is actually attracted to them.
>>
File: image.jpg (970 KB, 743x1150) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
970 KB, 743x1150
>>2042363
I'm not setting out to make a VN. This is simply a discussion to see whether there's a demand for a certain kind of MC, and maybe potential VN makers to be inspired by what the audiences want. Guess I should answer my own questions just to throw it out there:

1) I prefer a beautiful, fairly tall MC (170-180cm), long straight hair, moderate breast, mostly wear dress/skirt but is dashing (think Kancolle's Nagato, VDM's Mirei, or Jormungand's Koko).

2) Dominant. Her girls can range from submissive to aggressive bottom.

3) Ruthless leader type, something like Sengoku no Kuroyuri's Saku, Atlach-Nacha's Hatsune, or Murcielago's Kuroko. A person who would scare most people away except for a few girls with loose screws who manganed to love such a murderous monster. A shrewd politician and military strategist, not great physical fighter. And can be put on a leash by certain girlfriends.

4) Harem true ending, but no orgy sex. Somewhere between 4-7 girls.

5) I'm fine with any genre and setting except for high school or hospital romance. If I'm writing, it would be about a princess who was initially loyal to her father and accept the fact that she won't inherit the throne simply for being a girl, but gradually realizing that her father and brothers are really shitty (the country is on the brink of collapse due to noble's corruption, peasant's revolution, useless or greedy princes, foreign invasion, yet everyone refused to listen to her suggestions of law and govermental reforms). After the king beheaded her maternal grandfather for fear of him planning a coup d'etat, the princess finally was pissed enough (not to mention she discover her lesbianism so the only way to be allowed to marry a girl is to become the ruler and make all the rules) and started to eliminate all of her brothers, lead armies to fight the invader, get support from the peasants and force her father to give her the throne.
>>
>>2042361
1) Whatever the fuck you want.

2) Shouldn't matter too much, though top would make more sense considering what kind of person would have a harem.

3) Leader, and it's not even close. An harem lead needs to lead, with the ambition, confidence, charisma, and competence to back it up. Important thing to remember, political power gets the ladies: queen, mafia boss, whatever fits the setting. She needs to be active (maybe even aggressive) in the creation of her own harem, not just wait for the girls to fall in her lap one after the other. Nobody is going to be willing to share without being actively convinced first. No need to make her the ultimate badass though, she can always have her doubts and weaknesses - in private. Just don't go overboard with it and make her an insecure mess when alone with her girls.

4) If the harem is what you're aiming for, start by making the harem route work. The rest can come later.

5) Whatever the fuck you want. Please no school setting.
>>
File: image.jpg (229 KB, 1200x1697) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229 KB, 1200x1697
>>2042412
Well, submissive clumsy girls can actually be a harem lead. Think Kei from Akaiito who always hides behind her girlfriends and pay them with her body. I mean, blood. Or the myriad of otome games where a poor average-looking useless MC got chased around by all the hot guys. Think about the potential harem: full of oneesamas and lady princes.

I love both a dominant leader as well as a submissive damsel in distress MC. Preferably not a mix of both though.
>>
>>2042361
1. If she's an actual character she should have a defined look. Really feminine. Long hair, dark skin, curvy, large chest and butt. Someone who is attractive so people have a reason for being interested in her. That's just my preference. If she's generic then make her customizable

2. Top who switches depending on who it is. I just realized that all of my lesbian main characters are tops. I should probably make a more submissive one when I start another work.

3. Complex. Cool female leads are great but you don't want them to dip into Mary Sure territory. She should have vulnerabilities.

4. Harem route should be available. Not only that but every combination should be available too in different routes. How many girls depends on how well someone can write them and how well they mesh. A true ending can alienate people so harem route is probably best.

5. My worlds are their own universes. Completely disconnected from ours so the politics of our worlds don't exist. The most common thing is that homosexuality is normal in most places. There are exceptions though and other politics may prevent it. I really don't care too much for sci-fi outside of giant robots. I actually hate most sci-fi elements.
>>
>>2042361
>>2042405
>maybe potential VN makers to be inspired by what the audiences want
I'm not sure this is the answer you're looking for, but the first thing I'd like out of a yuri VN is that it isn't a Harem.

As much as I like romance between girls, the Harem setting makes it immediately feel more shallow, and makes me feel bad when I pick only one of the girls I'm made to become fond of, thus essentially forcing an unhappy ending for the rest.
I also strongly dislike replaying the game to try a different route, because it sort of invalidates the story I just experienced, and the "harem routes" are typically unsatisfying at best, contrived at worst.

I know this kind of setup is almost omnipresent in VNs, but that doesn't make it good, or mandatory.

Take a very successful recent yuri VN, Kindred Spirits; the number one reason I enjoyed it so much is exactly that it didn't use that trite, archaic formula.
I got to enjoy the full romance of each one of the girls involved, and all of them got a perfectly happy ending with their respective sweetheart, which made the whole experience feel complete and satisfying.
>>
If there's a tomboy or dark mysterious loner type as love interests I'll play it regardless of everything else.
>>
>>2042418
Kei isn't totally submissive though. See Tsuzura route. Reversibility is a wonderful thing. Embrace it.
>>
>>2042440
>I know this kind of setup is almost omnipresent in VNs
Not with yuri protagonists.
>>
>>2042440
My question is specifically about harem yuri VN, not yuri VN in general.

I'm aware that not everyone likes harem. But if you're familiar with yuri games to any degree, you'll know that the genre actually comprises of a huge percentage of monogamous romance (Yurirei, Sonohana franchise, Lilycle franchise, Katahane, Tsui Yuri, x-Qualia games, Lonely Yuri, Sacrement of the Zodiac, Sugar's Delight are only off the top of my head). There's no option to pair the MC with another girl, let alone having a harem route. I see no reason to complain.

While I myself have no problem reading those type of monogamous VN, I must say I can't stand just having them alone. It will essentially be reading a kinetic novel instead of deciding who I want to end up with, which is a waste of the VN medium's potential. What if you want to tell a grand story of a conqueror who sincerely love and marry all the great women who helped her? What if you hate the girl who the MC is supposed to be with? What if you love the MC so much you could see her fuck all the girls (or be fucked by all the girls)? It all depends on the writing quality for me.
>>
>>2042455
akai ito, aoi shiro and flowers let you chooses different route
>>
>>2042455

Resonance has routes. But what you probably want is that titty game where some girl goes after all the girls in her class because she loves tits: クラス全員マヂでゆり?! ~私達のレズおっぱいは貴女のモノ・女子全員潮吹き計画~ (or the great English alias: The Entire Class is Seriously Lesbian!? ~Our Lez Tits are Yours, The Plan to Make Every Girl Ejaculate~)

Now.. I don't think this is good as far as romance goes and so on and so forth.. or good at all to be honest. But it certainly should be yuri harem.
>>
>>2042459
>>2042463
Not sure why you guys mention those games to reply me, since I never claim those to be predefined monogamous romance.

Huge percentage (in relativity of het/otome/yaoi visual novels in general) =/= "most".
>>
>>2042459
Flowers has very clear canon coupling. It doesn't really proper routes for other couplings.
>>
File: 1311133355154.gif (549 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1311133355154.gif
549 KB, 480x270
>>2042469
>I'll never get my TakakoxRena route
>>
>>2042476
Wrong series, older sis.
>>
Yuri version of Rance.
>>
>>2042418
>Kei from Akaiito
Does she actually have a true harem route though? As in, a route where the love interests accept that the lead has the same relationship with each of them?
There's a difference between having multiple girls interested in the same girl and having multiple girls willing to share the same girl. If you're going for the latter then you not only need a lead who is herself OK with the arrangement but also a lead who manages to make people follow her in such an arrangement. I have a difficult time seeing a submissive clumsy girl doing so. Maybe going full comedy could work, with the haremettes going behind the lead's back treating her more as their pet or something.
>>
>>2042508
Kei herself doesn't have a harem route, but there are plenty otome games with a harem ending full of handsome guys deciding to share a girl. And even in het games with a male MC, there are plenty omega faggot who have a harem full of domineering girls who tease and bully him, make him suck their sock even. Hell, there're some doujins about a borderline shota being dominated by multiple MILFs. I don't see how a submissive person is different from a dominant person in regard to being able to attract multiple people who are open to share.

Return to Kei, I have no trouble imagining a route where she dates Yumei, Uzuki and Sakuya all at once. They would still treat her like a little thing to be protected.

Not to mention there're so many different types of bottoms: absolutely submissive like Kei, sweet but calm and level-headed like Totori, seductive, aggressive and demanding. Oneesamas will be charmed by each of these MCs in a different way.
>>
>>2042401
Even some het harems will have a contrived plot device. Why would a girl want to go out and date a bunch of other girls unless it's a part of her character?

It could also be significant to the story. For example, the other girls have powers they can use at will, but Pink has to depend of the others, which might lead to her feeling useless.
>>
File: WTF is Touka reading.jpg (151 KB, 640x1080) Image search: [Google]
WTF is Touka reading.jpg
151 KB, 640x1080
>>2042463
>クラス全員マヂでゆり?! ~私達のレズおっぱいは貴女のモノ・女子全員潮吹き計画~ (or the great English alias: The Entire Class is Seriously Lesbian!? ~Our Lez Tits are Yours, The Plan to Make Every Girl Ejaculate~)
>>
>>2042508
>>treating her more as a pet
oh god would play/10
this sounds amazing.
>>
The MC needs to be in a position to help multiple girls. I'm looking at Mana as example: she was part of the student council or something, and every time someone had a problem they went to her.
This is specially interesting because you can extend the range of the harem here. You can have everything from elementary schoolgirls to the teachers and staff themselves having a good impression of the MC.
A bright and friendly personality helps too. Easy to approach, easy to befriend, etc.

I am having problems moving this away from the school, though. Maybe a military unit works.
>>
>>2043095
Mana is the Student Council President. The girls in her harem (except for Makoto and Regina) are those who helped her helping other people, not actually being helped themselves.
>>
>>2043109
Yeah
Falling in love with MC because they did something nice once is another trope that probably rubs /u/sers the wrong way.

Plot of Shuffle!: Two princesses played with some boy for one day years ago and based on that one memory they want to marry him. And there are plenty more with a premise similar to that.
>>
>>2043112
Childhood marriage promises are worse than "s/he was nice to me once", in my opinion.
>>
>>2043112
>>2043119
It really depends on the writing ability. I won't deny that most writers fail spectacularly while trying to use those tropes, but it works just fine if you know how to utilize pacing to make the readers believe in the attraction.

For "s/he did something nice once", remember to avoid having the girl immediately jump into flirting and/or wanting to date the helper. You must be descriptive of the thinking process. An example of good writing for this trope is Miki/Seina in Yurirei. Miki helped Seina to wipe the dust on her sleeve, and that was how Seina blushed and began to take notice of this senpai. She then went on observing Miki around the school in secret for a week, we get to see exactly what she thinks of Miki and how attracted she is to this senpai's qualities, only then she started writing a love letter. This is a very realistic scenario, and the readers were shown, not told, how a single nice gesture could result in a crush.

Childhood marriage promise and love at first sight are the same, be more descriptive of the affected party's emotional growth process, what exactly do they think when they see the other, and how did they rationalize inside their own head. Don't just throw a lazy monologue "I had not been able to stop thinking about him/her ever since" and done there. SHOW the reader their endless reminiscence and analysis of the crush.
>>
>>2043112
Yeah, that's stupid, but I think it can work if it serves as a meeting point for the two. As in, the girl is surprised that a stranger wants to help her, tries to find out more about her, sees that she's a good person who likes to help people in need, decides to join forces with her and falls in love along the way. Of course, there should also be clear signs of physical attraction so that there's multiple reasons for them to fall in love.

And since the dominant vs submissive thing was brought up, I think you can have both personalities go down that route. The former is just more forthright about her need to make things right, while the latter would phrase it more as "Please tell me what I can do to help you".

>>2043136
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean.
>>
>>2042361
1) Feminine but a bit cool looking. Introverted look.
2) Top but some girls are aggressive bottoms.
3) Serious, shy, and kind with a repressed perverted side. Accidental lewd remarks are choices in the mc's dialogue. She is also courageous in dangerous situations, like Courage the Cowardly Dog.
4) Mostly separate but can fall into harem sometimes. However, you can still help the girls change their lives without having to go down the romance path. You will only enter the romance route if you reciprocate confessions or choose the dialogue expressing interest in the girls. Love interests are an absurd number of girls, all with balanced amounts of sex appeal. More on this later.
5)Modern setting but with nonhuman secret identities. It should be insanely fun but coherent and challenging.
>plot
It starts out like a regular vn but the choices for mc's dialogue can be vanilla or lewd. Choosing the vanilla, realistic dialogue lets you experience the plain style gameplay, where you won't find out that your girlfriend is a harpie or something. The tension comes from the cast's mutual uncertainty of tomorrow and what they'll do with their lives. If you make the wrong choices or are consistently rude to a girl, she'll never want to see you again, locking you out of her route. Really vanilla cgs where you and some girl hold hands, go on dates, and some fade to darkness implied love scenes. No harem routes here.

In this ideal game, the only way to get a game over is if the mc dies. And choosing the lewd dialogue is where the fun is. You see, there's a hidden friendship meter and it determines the response you get when you make lewd suggestions. If it's your first meeting and you compliment the size of her breasts, you will be a creep and she'll call the cops on you. You will be arrested and when you get out, some npc will have new dialogue and refuse you service.
>>
>>2043873
However, if you select the mc's lewd suggestions when the girl's affection is high, she'll humor you with a nice cg of a related sexual act.

Now for the twist: Only specific girls are willing to share you - those are the ones you must woo for the harem end. If you get lewd with a monogamous girl, you must avoid getting caught with two-timing anyone else. Otherwise, she'll kill you or your second love interest. From here on out, the point of the game is to avoid upsetting her and and find the evidence to put her away or get rid of her.

Tl;dr I want to play a game where your choices significantly affect your gameplay experience. And lots of yanderes.
>>
1. Pretty short, cute hair and modest body.
2. Extreme dominant top.
3. Innocent, cute, and sweet that everyone adores her but in truth a skillful onee-sama bait who turns the table in bed and make her onee-samas into her slaves.
4. Separate routes which focus on each individual onee-samas. About 3-5. True ending.
5. Anything but preferably alt historical romance.
>>
How do /u/ feel about a beauty who is intelligent, ambitious, and dominant as fuck but is easily wrapped around her harem's finger?
>>
I've co-authored a yuri harem story a few years back (lost the rights to it since, tho), and the way we went about it was actually a reverse of the top-down design (first MC, then the harem, then the setting) that the OP implicitly suggested. Instead, we've first identified the character archetypes we wanted to have in the story, then wrote the plot around them.

The archetypes themselves came from the (slightly tongue-in-cheek) classification of the mainstays of the local lesbian community created by my co-author's friend, and we only needed to decide which one out of six would be the MC. In the end, we went for the I'm-Totally-Not-a-Lesbian type as our lead, because her denial was the funniest to explore.

Unfortunately, as we kept working on the concept, it became less and less of a harem, since four leads (including the MC) quite naturally formed stable couples. This left very little room for alternate routes, and we didn't feel like altering the concepts to make them less obviously compatible.
>>
>>2044929
Is there some inherent drive in yuri authors to make pairings instead of harems?
It's like the mindset of het authors is "male hetero mc can make all o these girls happy"
Mindset of yuri authors: "These girls will never be happy if they have to share"
>>
>>2044989
In a lot of, if not literally all, het harems the girls would be better off with each other than with the male MC. The only thing stopping them is the whole being straight thing, and since there are no males around other than the male MC...

In yuri harems that's not an obstacle, and there obviously are other girls the haremettes could fall for: each other.

This is another difficulty in writing yuri harems. The haremettes need to be separately compatible with the MC, but violently incompatible with each other.
>>
>>2044989
I think the motivation for harem arrangements is that people enjoy seeing heroines falling in love, but not with a male character who it doesn't feel like the audience shares perspective with.

With yuri, that issue disappears. Not only will the audience sympathize with multiple protagonists, couplings not even involving a protagonist are okay too.
>>
>>2044998
>>2045006
You two are making this more complicated than it is. Harem is a wish fulfillment fantasy. It wouldn't be wish-fulfilling if the girls around the (supposedly yuri) harem protagonist fell in love with each other. The author doesn't have to jump through hoops to making them incompatible with each other, just write them so they only like the protagonist.

It's not rocket science.
>>
>>2044929
Not sure how you take away from the OP that I'm suggesting anything in the designing order department, but I assure you that wasn't the case. I simply wanted to know people's preference pertaining those specific points, in order to see if my own taste is niche or actually common.

I don't know how other VN makers go around building up a story, but for me, my inspiration usually comes a particular character of an existing series > want to see that character in another setting > come up with main plot > "if she has a harem, what kind of girls would she has great chemistry with?" > create archetypes > come up with romance plot surrounding those archetypes.

I like dweling into the emotional growth of the girls, and to develop a well-rounded network of different relationships. As in, besides how they fall in love with the MC, I want to see how they become good friends/sworn enemy with the others, as well as not making light of the sharing-a-lover difficulty. MC would need to be a very special person in an exceptional circumstance to pull this off, as I won't accept a harem with just a "oh fuck it, let's share."
>>
>>2044989
I like a harem like in Iono, where the girls within the harem pair up, but still love and have time for the harem lead. It's only natural, since the harem would be spending a lot of time with each other as well. So basically a big poly mashup.
>>
>>2045292
I personally detest poly groups like that. If the girls fuck anyone other the MC, I'm out.
>>
1. Excessively tomboyish/masculine looks and oversized boobs are a turnoff, otherwise no specific preferences.
2. No preference.
3. Again not a fan of tomboys/butches in yuri (applies to other characters as well), also for a main character too cool/perfect/Mary-Sueish personality is also not desirable.
4. I'm not sure what to think about the harem route. Preferably no specified "true ending" though.
5. Historical settings is something I'd like to see more in general in yuri. Ridiculously fantastic settings are a bit of a turn-off, also overly melodramatic plots. It doesn't have to be slice of life fluff only but I like the feeling that the VN isn't taking itself too seriously.
>>
1) Androgynous -- not particularly feminine, but not yet butchy. Sporty figure -- not overtly muscular, but it must be clear that the MC is healthy and keeps herself in shape.

2) Switch. Unless this is a very one-sided harem, she'll have to be very adaptable to successfully date very different people.

3) Strong-willed, refined, and, most of all, reliable.

4) 5 LIs seems to be my preferred harem size. Harem route has to either be very good, or be axed before release.

5) Most yuri I've read was either high school or fantasy, so I'd really like to see more sci-fi, college, and/or historical settings in the genre. Speaking of which, I was really intrigued by >>2042364's charming noblewoman idea and would like to hear more of it.
>>
File: 1333232664445.png (119 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1333232664445.png
119 KB, 800x600
>>2042361
>1) Appearance-wise for MC,
Pic related.
>2) Sexually-wise:
I'd like this defined by the choices in the game. Mostly equal, but willing to be either a top or bottom depending on her partner.
>3) Personality-wise:
Pic still related. See also Syouko from aoi shiro. But mostly I'd like to see someone level headed and not prone to making stupid decisions.
>4) Do you want a harem route
Not really, but I wouldn't object to one for people who did want one and would play a harem route for completions sake.
>How many girls would you like?
3-6 seems good for the amount of love interests in a VN.
>Do you want a specified true ending or want all routes to be equal (at least until there're a follow-up sequel)?
All equal unless the true end requires you to work to unlock it.
>5) Favourite settings and genre: historical, alternate historical (where women are equal with men), modern, fantasy, sci-fi, dystopia? Romantic comedy, romance, action, horror, psychological, drama, slice of life, sport, cooking, crime? You can also describe a particular plot that you're dying to see a yuri harem VN of.
Anything is fine, except horror. I don't like horror. I'd love to see a yuri VN with a similar feel to a Key VN. I really like the type of SoL world with light fantasy elements in it but Key VNs are depressingly heterosexual.
>>
1) I don't really have many preferences, just so long as they don't look like they're in elementary school or prepubescent.

2) Somewhat dominant, but has to be able to be dominated by someone in the harem or else it's no fun. The inverse of that is also fine.

3) Seemingly dysfunctional and eccentric on the outside, but surprisingly practical and gets shit done on the inside. Smart but not the smartest. It's most interesting to see how those without conventional charisma end up with a harem. In short, a damedame heroine like 75% of the time. Choices should range from amusingly awkward to actually severely fucking up your relationships with people and exploring the implications of that.

4) separate routes, with different endings (ie, good/bad ends), a harem route. If it's a true harem VN it needs to go all out with that. Have there be a 'true end' but either put it in a sequel/fandisk or just reveal it later on in developer interviews. Have "x is the true end" be a source of discussion and shitposting on the internet for a while. But no yandere shit, if only because I feel like it's overdramatic and contrived 100% of the time.

5) dystopias generally have a really good atmosphere. Anything non-school related is a plus since there's a massive oversaturation of high school VNs. putting it outside of a school also avoids the pitfall of the highschool lesbian trope altogether. the genre doesn't really matter too much, though, so long as the characters are strong and the atmosphere is right. Should still have some sort of overarching story to tie the whole thing together and give the characters reasons to interact in the first place, as well as enough important characters not related to the harem to flesh out the atmosphere and for world-building.
>>
>>2045044
>It wouldn't be wish-fulfilling if the girls around the (supposedly yuri) harem protagonist fell in love with each other.
It's still wish-fulfillment if my two darling wives love each other enough to be happy with all of us living together and sharing a bed, as long as I'm still the most important person.
>>
>>2044998
>This is another difficulty in writing yuri harems. The haremettes need to be separately compatible with the MC, but violently incompatible with each other.
If you go full kink and the MC is a dedicated top and the haremettes are dedicated bottoms, they may enjoy each other's company and grab each other's boobs and so on but they'll always yearn for their mistress's strong hand.
>>
File: Y01B.png (1 MB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
Y01B.png
1 MB, 1200x600
1) As long as she's cute it's ok with me

2) Actively pursues the top but gets dominated easily

3) Bright and energetic bit of an airhead but not completely retarded, and ambitious as fuck

4) Harem

5) Fantasy, bonus points if it involves monster-girls and beast-kin
>>
>>2044998
It's entirely possible to write great platonic friendship between the haremettes, while having their romantic feelings solely for the MC.

Het harem series are lazy in that regard: the girls (or guys) virtually have no different chemistry with the MC than with the other haremettes, so the audiences are forced to accept that they simply end up with the MC only because of the gender thing. If that exact same writing is a yuri VN, everybody would laugh their ass off because there's no reason for girl A to choose MC over girl B, since the audience will now clearly see that the friendship between all of them are equal.

So how do we show-not-tell that a character feels friendship vs love for another character? By skillfully present their emotional responses. Friends care for each other, and great friends could even die for each other, but they don't think about each other all the time like lovers do. They don't notice every little thing about the other person while feeling giddy like lovers do. It is subtle things like this that give romantic vibe about two persons.
>>
File: 56317548_p0.jpg (147 KB, 1124x1337) Image search: [Google]
56317548_p0.jpg
147 KB, 1124x1337
1. She has to be tall and just a little bit androgynous. Naturally she wouldn't look 100% like pic related, but the idea of a cool knight girl is the same.

2. She's the dominate one regardless of her position in bed.

3. Blunt about what's on her mind, competent, has a strong sense of justice, and can be a bit flirty although she doesn't realize it. However she can be a bit of an idiot when it comes to more delicate things outside of her specialties. That's where her harem comes in to support her.

4. I don't like Fate that much, but I'd go with something kinda like it where there are around three routes with a different heroine in each and the story is different depending on the route. The other girls shouldn't be defined by their relationship to the MC and still have some relevance outside their routes though. They just wouldn't be as important. There should also be scenes with minor girls either with the MC or another girl, but they wouldn't really get as much romantic focus.

5. Medieval fantasy, but not a Tolkien one with magic, elves, and things like that. Instead there would be a focus on politics and medieval warfare. With the help of her harem the MC would fight against an invading kingdom while also working to fix her own corrupt kingdom. How everything plays out depends on the route. Lastly there should be a good amount of suffering. Not so much of it that it's pointlessly dark or edgy, but enough so that the good end is actually meaningful.
>>
1. Dark hair and eyes, little short, light skin, freckles cause those are awsome, sorts boyish build.

2. Super submissive and shy at first, becomes ultra Dom once she unlocks her true power.

3. Dark, guarded, almost antisocial, constantly sarcastic and caustic to most people; tremendously willful and passionate when she is motivated to give a damn.

4. Separate routes, diluting love among a harem just seems too wasteful. Golden route with clearly best girl and best main plot resolution.

5. Modern fantasy/horror. Plot should have magic and levity punctuated by horrifying suffering and hardship. Villain needs to be charismatic, savvy and almost friendly outside of being evil. Needs to be a good foil to the MC.

Should have some entertaining minions, obviously you can romance one. Maybe something with a forced redemption you can subvert (like accidental brainwashing) for a real romance.

General themes can be passion and love as selfishness and the nature of belief as it effects reality.
>>
File: lD8xANl.jpg (623 KB, 1913x2577) Image search: [Google]
lD8xANl.jpg
623 KB, 1913x2577
Such a waste of a freaking awesome harem
>>
File: ppuzcpnixkeg6jxickgj.png (635 KB, 487x719) Image search: [Google]
ppuzcpnixkeg6jxickgj.png
635 KB, 487x719
Teased the shit out of us with this pairing. Even as far as to showing us an epic flashback-history of intertwined fate...I guess lots of ideas had to be scrapped in favour of popularity. Like Rapey Rave Rape villain WE ALL HATE.

(Have they made the villain a woman cross dressing and I bet my kingdom I would have gone astronomical up in the charts)
>>
>>2042361
Best yuri pimp.
>>
>>2068060
What would it take to get the portable game (i.e the definitive version Fukuda didn't fuck up) localized or even just a patch?
>>
>>2075449
A PC release. Chances of that are horrible right now, but it should pick up if the western release of the anime/dub does well.
>>
>>2075449
Only STEAM release unless you got a shitton money lying around ready to be burn up.
Fan translation unlikely to happen as most VN are discarded in favor of hentai games. OREIMO translation has been quite the road and after 3 years is still incomplete...almost there (88%) but still incomplete.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.