[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yuri Game Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: 94340.jpg (115 KB, 791x592) Image search: [Google]
94340.jpg
115 KB, 791x592
Updates and Discussion for English and Japanese games, visual novels, RPGs, etc.

Previous thread: >>2031113

Lists of Yuri Games:
http://pastebin.com/1juhZL8k
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4oc1uvr5vl96m/Yuri
http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864182-Hella-Yuri/
https://vndb.org/g1986?fil=tagspoil-0.tag_inc-1986

Related Threads:

Kindred Spirits: >>2033951
Sono Hanabira: >>2036403
Starlight Vega: >>2031585
Atelier Series: >>2010427
Nights of Azure: >>2020729
>>
Recent News:

Final section of Rising Angels Hope finally came out
Samples for Flowers Aki-hen up
C14 Dating is out (otome with one yuri route)
First subbed Kindred Spirits drama CD out soon
Sakura Fantasy added Japanese voicing
>>
>>2037363
Lilycle thread is also related >>1949765

Rainbow Stage is out in a few days.
>>
File: d.png (36 KB, 595x341) Image search: [Google]
d.png
36 KB, 595x341
Reminder that SeaBed confirmed masterpiece.

>>2037343
Obviously.
>>
>>2037373
>>2037343
From what I've read so far, I'm not even sure if I'd support a translation in all honesty. I have zero clue how that unique writing style would work in English in the first place, let alone whether anyone would be able to translate it properly.
>>
>>2037380
Any translation is better than no translation.
Unless it's machine translation.
>>
>>2037365
So how was rising angels? I can't trust this writer so I need to know before I get
>>
>>2037396
Yuri only. Romance is second to the story, but what there was was good.
>>
>>2037399
That's good to hear, Honestly the author should've did that from the start instead of burning his fan base the way he did. Did he ever explain why he did that in first place?
>>
>>2037402
he doesn't care what /u/ think
>>
>>2037402
It was meant as a drama moment for the protagonist to overcome in the next part, which was never released due to the fanbase freaking out. So, he decided to retcon it with Hope's release. Faye would've eventually gotten with either Lenna or Yoi anyway.
>>
>>2037402
He didn't burn the fanbase, the fanbase overreacted and burned him. You are the problem, anon.
>>
What happened to make people wary of rising angels?
>>
>>2037425
In Rising Angels: Red Rose, which is what Hope is a reboot of, Lenna had sex with Sol and Faye was heartbroken at the time. It wasn't going to end like that though, it was just for drama, and Faye would've eventually ended up with either Lenna or Yoi. However, the fanbase freaked out and the original was never completed, and instead he created Hope to have a better version of their academy days.
>>
>>2037429
So, Kuttsukiboshi all over again.
You'd think authors would realize how stupid stuff like that is.
>>
>>2037429
Sounds shit. Rage justified desu.
>>
>>2037429
It was forced drama that came out of fucking nowhere. The Dev made matters worse by acting smug and trying to explain that it was yuri
>>
>>2037429
Another case of retards crying before the situation is even resolved.
>>
>>2037459
>acting smug and trying to explain that it was yuri
What a tremendous faggot.
>>
>>2037429
So does she still have sex with Sol or did that get retconned?
>>
>>2037460
I don't know about you, but I don't want disgusting het sex in my yuri games.
I think most would agree with me.
>>
>>2037459
It was already established that Lenna and Sol were dating, so them having sex doesn't really seem out of place.

>>2037460
>>2037459
It's yuri, but it's a trope that many yuri fans don't like and is a bad cliche at this point.
>>
>>2037460
Shut up.
>>
>>2037463
They break up instead. And why would they still have sex when the point of the reboot was to make a better version since the backlash the original received?
>>
>>2037459
>The Dev made matters worse by acting smug and trying to explain that it was yuri
What exactly did he say anyway? Plus, it was a free game, so it's not like people paid money for it.
>>
>>2037466
Any het in the rest of the series?
>>
>>2037464
It wasn't even shown, it happened offscreen.
>>
>>2037474
Check the lemmasoft forums
>>
>>2037475
No. Sol has a crush on the MC of Reborn and Fates, but her canon love interest is the dragon girl Zuri. The MC has several female romance interests in the upcoming Fates, and her sister can end up with either Yoi or Faye. Sol is a romance option for the MC though, but you can just ignore his route.
>>
>>2037476
What was the point of it then?
>>
>>2037484
Romantic rivalry and drama
>>
>>2037484
What is the point of anything in fiction?
>>
About this whole rising angels thing, i wouldn't mind the trope if it is justified or implemented well like any other trope however to me the whole game; art and story-wise isn't my cup of tea so to go through drama before getting to the yuri felt like a drag for me.
>>
>>2037487
>>2037489
Feels more like the author shoving his NTR fetish in the players face.
>>
Please be gentle with me. I'm afraid of r.
Best recommendations for my first yuri game?
In original Japanese if possible
>>
>>2037484
To be shit.
>>
>>2037492
屋上の百合霊さん
>>
>>2037492
Flowers
>>
>>2037491
Sounds more to me like you're overly sensitive. It wasn't even pictured.
>>
>>2037498
Nah, I don't even play on playing it because the art is too off-putting.
>>
>>2037498
It was mentioned and if memory serves it wasn't subtle
>>
>>2037498
Nah I agree with that anon. It's needless and shit.
>>
>>2037456
No character that a player is attracted to should ever be allowed to do anything 'wrong', even if it's a mistake they'll eventually get over. Right.

Maybe you'd think players would realize how stupid stuff like that is.
>>
>>2037509
I think the problem is more that it was badly handled in that particular instance (although some butthurt ladies wouldn't be happy with bi sluts no matter what).

It was a single-path story, so it wasn't like you could just focus on some other girl.
The ending may have been meant as a dramatic cliffhanger, but it was released at that ending with no followup forthcoming, so it was seen as the end
It was specifically advertised as a yuri game, making people have certain expectations of not being jerked around
>>
>>2037510
The original ending that was never released was intended to have a second romance option. Again, the reason that was the "end" was because of the fanbase's reaction, since he didn't see the point of continuing it when the fanbase hated it so much.
>>
>>2037512
That's still a pretty terrible way of ending the first part and he's pretty retarded if he didn't think that it would cause any sort of backlash.
>>
>>2037490
It wasn't, but it was part of a game that was released in early 2013 and has nothing to do with any of his releases since then.
>>
>>2037509
The way people are defending this lazy writing is baffling. Even the creator overcame his hubris and redid the game. It was shit, everyone knows its shit, move on.

>>2037512
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
>>
>>2037528
The problem is that people are super paranoid about his current works still. He admitted what he did was dumb, so why are people so convinced that he's going to do the same thing again?
>>
>>2037541
Because he hadn't (until now) proven that he was good for his word. Now that he has redeemed the series as promised I'm sure that history will look back and say "oh yeah, that guy who fucked up once but now does decent yuri".
>>
>>2037541
We weren't that paranoid with Reborn, as far as I can remember. Maybe releasing Hope, the remake of the game where it all went wrong, in an episodic format was the problem. It combined a bit of lingering wariness about Red Rose with the general mefiance toward paying full price for an unfinished product into the full-blown paranoia we had this time.
>>
File: bg CG12.jpg (228 KB, 1366x900) Image search: [Google]
bg CG12.jpg
228 KB, 1366x900
>>2037544
RA: Reborn was all yaoi after all.

Kind of a pointless argument as he will probably shove all his yuri games to the back of the schedule after those kinds of sales numbers. I think someone on /evn/ estimated 250 sales. Even with being episodic, those are some terrible numbers at a time when he is struggling to keep the lights on, much less make games.

It's a shame. I thought Hope was a cute game.
>>
Speaking of which, what kind of genre does /u/ want to see more of? RPGs?
>>
>>2037499
Hope or Red Rose?
>>
>>2037559
CRPGs. And none of that neo-Bioware/Bethesda shit.
>>
>>2037559
Yeah RPGs would be the best option what with all the focus on the characters and dialogue. But personally I'd appreciate more action oriented games. Maybe more action RPGs? Anything but turn-based really. Nights of Azure is a step in the right direction.
>>
>>2037557
It can't be helped if he simply hadn't pulled what he did things would've been better. Imagine if starlight Vega did that and banked on good sales for a sequel
>>
>>2037557
>I think someone on /evn/ estimated 250 sales.
Saler or owners? Hope was given for free to the KS backers for Fates, if they got counted in among the owners, it could be that there are even fewer sales.
>>
>>2037571
Thankfully the creator isn't retarded. Didn't she browse /u/ too?
>>
>>2037559
Gameplay itself would matter little to me (unless it's really bad) as long as it would be a game with an overarching plot to which the yuri is only a part. The current western RPGs relevant to o/u/r interests are fine by me, but being RPGs they have to leave the yuri as an open option, which inevitably hurts it in various way I'm not going to detail. It would be nice if we had more games where the yuri was unavoidable and built into the main narrative directly. Nights of Azure was a nice step in that direction.
>>
>>2037512
>Again, the reason that was the "end" was because of the fanbase's reaction, since he didn't see the point of continuing it when the fanbase hated it so much.
My point was that it was 'the end' that he released. If you don't want people to flip out over your midway point, don't release the game only half-written.
>>
>>2037559
I just want a good game where it is built alongside some grand plot into the narrative. Yuri as plot is nice, but occasionally I want a fantasy setting where an ancient evil awakens and I am the only one who can slay it and kiss girls along the way okay!
>>
Sakura Fantasy got a Japanese dub?! That pretty damn cool. Love that game. Gonna reinstall it.
>>
>>2037583
Aoishiro?
>>
>>2037600
Aoi Shiro is what Anon wants. Shouko's response to danger, is to shield her girlfriend, and beat the monster to death with her wooden sword

Probably my favorite Yuri protagonists. So unique compared to others.
>>
>>2037607
Too bad the /u/ isn't very explicit in some routes.
>>
>>2037611
Probably the most yurish routes are Yasumi (Especially if you read the prequel manga) which is text, Nami (if only because she gets two routes dedicated to her, regular and grand), and Kyouko, for the breast feeding scene.

I think overall, it's really /u/, if not having the intesity of somthing like Kindred.
>>
File: 1459952657860.png (122 KB, 410x498) Image search: [Google]
1459952657860.png
122 KB, 410x498
>>2037607
>Shouko's response to danger, is to shield her girlfriend, and beat the monster to death with her wooden sword
>Probably my favorite Yuri protagonists. So unique compared to others.
Yeah I agree. I love her and her no-bullshit attitude. She's a strong leader which makes it all the more sweeter when she shows genuine happiness and love especially in Kaya's route.
>>
>>2037618
Agree, Yasumi's route was the best imo.
Speaking of which, what does /u/ think about Akai Ito?
I've been wanting to play it in Japanese for a long time but I don't know if it's worth the effort.
>>
>>2037600
Not a game though
>>
>>2037638
OWWWW. I really do love Aoishiro, but Akaiito knocks it out of the water, in terms of Yuri, and pure atmosphere. Watch the opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT9v6j9Rsv8

I think general consensuses is that Akai Ito is better.
>>
>>2037640
so play some bioware game and slay the ancient evil with your girlfriend in tow?
>>
>>2037593
It seems to be Steam only, however.
>>
>>2037641
Would you recommend reading it with the English patch even though Sakuya's route isn't translated? I'll probably never get around to learning Japanese.
>>
>>2037641
Thanks anon I guess I'll finally get into it!
I must confess the atmosphere looks really amazing and I like the design of the characters (that suit wearing girl with long hair is truly beautiful).
>>
>>2037528
>lazy writing
You keep using that word.
If you think it's bad, just say it's bad. Stating that the writing is "lazy" or "forced" with no explanation makes an ass out of you and a joke out of your point.
>>
File: 53584718_p45.jpg (152 KB, 709x1010) Image search: [Google]
53584718_p45.jpg
152 KB, 709x1010
>>2037559
>action RPG
>turn-based RPG
>action command-based turn-based RPG
>SRPG
>action-adventure
>platformer
>beat em up
>Musou
>hack n slash
>shoot em up
>fighting
>FPS
>TPS
>Metroidvania
>stealth
>racing game
>tower defense
>RTS

I will mash through VNs till I get carpal tunnel. I just wish there was more games, like with gameplay and shit.

But hell, Yoru no Nai Kuni did alright and Nintendo's FE: Fates is a very high profile offering so maybe the future will bode well.
>>
>>2037564
Well, CDPR promised free character creation in Cyberpunk 2077, so provided it even has romance at all, it might have several possible romantic routes.
Although somehow I doubt it. Neuromancer-esque world doesn't really go hand in hand with your typical romantic subplots.
>>
>>2037653
Yep. I think 89 percent of the VN is translated. Though Sakuya's route is pretty great.

And that's Senba Uzuki. She's onikiri, like Migi-san from Aoi Shiro. Personality wise, she's very much like Homura Akemi from Madoka. If you like her, you should be happy to know she's by far the easiest to romance.

It's pretty easy to play. Set a playstation 2 emulator, get an ISO of the game, and patch it with the almost complete english patch. Worth it, since the VN is pretty long.
>>
>>2037660
I think Obsidian's new RPG is supposed to have more depth in companion interactions, so maybe we'll get something gay there.
>>
>>2037662
>trusting Obsidian with companion interactions
Nah, I've had enough of this after MoB.
>>
>>2037429
>the fanbase freaked out
Was there some kind of purge of negative comments on the lemma soft forums? there wasn't too much left when I checked. I'd like to see people's anger and the authors response to it directly.
>>
>>2037559
To incorporate yuri into the game itself instead of conveying it through story only, I'd have no problem with one of those H-game platformers where you touch something to fuck it, but with girls only.
>>
>>2037664
I've always found Obsidian to be pretty good in that regard, besides in Pillars of Eternity. Much better than their competition, at least.

I never did play NWN2, though.
>>
>>2037661
>Personality wise, she's very much like Homura Akemi from Madoka.
To me that seems like a very tenuous comparison.
>>
On the subject of Akai Ito, is there a Walkthrough to get the good end of each route somewhere?

I'm definitely not a fan of trial and error, especially when some choices are initially locked and there's no indication of it before you unlock them by playing different routes first.
>>
>>2037674
Well, companion interactions in NWN2 are pretty neat, aside from the fact that you can't romance the best girl. However, MoB starts with the game saying that half of your comrades are dead or injured, including love interests from the original game.
>>
>>2037679
>you can't romance the best girl
Or any girl, for that matter. Unless you're playing as a guy, but who would do that?
>>
>>2037662
>>2037664
Obsidian has usually had pretty well written companions (although that may change a little now that Chris Avellone left the company). They dislike romances in RPGs though.
>>
>>2037681
Prior to Mass Effect I only played as guys because girl models and animations were eye-bleedingly ugly. They still mostly are.
>>
>>2037679
At least with NWN1 and NWN2 there are boatloads of fan modules. Though I don't know any with girls love only in them, there were some good ones with yuri.

>>2037686
All models in NWN1 and NWN2 were horribly ugly, and in the icewind dale/baldurs gate games before them. That is why you had portraits.
>>
>>2037661
Well another reason to play it if she is like Homura then!
I guess I'll try to play it in Japanese since I'm starting to get confident enough in my skill.
Back on the topic of Aoi Shiro, was I the only one who thought the end of Yasumi's route was kind of lacking?
I kind of wanted more to happen between those two.
>>
>>2037687
Only decent fan modules for NWN1 I remember were ADWR, Tortured Hearts and Bastard of Kosigan. Only ADWR had yuri and even that wasn't pure.
Although I didn't keep up with NWN2 modding scene, maybe it had something decent.

>That is why you had portraits.
Well, I couldn't exactly spend forty hours of the game looking in the upper right corner and pretending I don't see the MC's ugly mug every time dialog cutscenes popped up.
>>
>>2037692
No. I liked her the most but the epilogue was a real letdown.
>>
>>2037380
I only just started reading it half an hour ago, but I don't think there's been anything particularly weird or untranslatable so far. Is what you're talking about supposed to show up later on?
>>
>>2037668
It was /u/ freaking, not LSF
>>
>>2037659
The games with gameplay tend to attract less attention from /u/s than the VNs do, though.
>>
>>2037716
It's not untranslatable in the sense that there is something hard, just that keeping the same tone as the original text would be hard
>>
>>2037738
>tend
There really aren't that much /u/-related games with gameplay. NoA, Embric, Stardew Valley, FE (which gets plenty of attention), maybe Bioware games. That's all I can remember off the top of my head. I think there were a couple of indie titles but I missed out on them.
>>
The mobile game soccer spirits is very /u/.
>>
>>2037737
makes sense
>>
>>2037752
Have you tried the steam yuri list? It's only about half VNs.
>>
>>2037791
Half of those not-VNs are mediocre games with generic romances that no sane person would touch with a ten-feet pole, non-visual novels, games where same-sex relationships exist but have no impact on the story because they don't actually deal with developed characters, subtext games and games where lesbian couples exist but only as side characters. I mean, really, just because one character in Witcher 2 bangs her student/spy doesn't mean it /u/-related. Just like Wastelands 2 isn't exactly yuri just because you can get STDs from a prostitute while playing as a female character.
>>
File: 1458589533039.jpg (31 KB, 595x399) Image search: [Google]
1458589533039.jpg
31 KB, 595x399
>>2037752
>There really aren't that much /u/-related games with gameplay

>go on Steam, see what yuri curator has to say about games

>curator description is;
>You can choose to play as a female character and romance female characters
Or
>story revolves around relationship between two girls
>genre: visual novel
>CYOA
>visual novel
>CYOA

>game has actual gameplay
>curator description: "nameless background NPC talks about some lesbians he saw making out one time"

I'm so starved and fucked up I've been playing multiplayer shooters with custom female skins and fantasizing about them getting into yuri scenarios.
>>
File: 1455134907237.jpg (9 KB, 173x216) Image search: [Google]
1455134907237.jpg
9 KB, 173x216
>>2037807
>tfw /d/ has more games
I'm pretty sure goddamn /po/ has more games with blackjack and gameplay at this point. And they aren't even remotely connected to video games.
>>
File: es.png (330 KB, 547x417) Image search: [Google]
es.png
330 KB, 547x417
>>2037795
It still bugs me that Eternal Senia isn't on there.

I know it isn't technically romantic (though still extremely easily goggleable if you wish) but love between two girls is at the core of the game, and it is very good. Free too. I would say it is more /u/ than at least half of the things on the curator list for the reasons you mentioned like "a character in the background said something gay".

It just goes to show how starved some of us are when we list anything that is at least 0.2% yuri on a list for yuri games.
>>
>>2037795
>same-sex relationships exist but have no impact on the story
If you want a well-developed relationship that has impact on the story, you generally want to be playing a VN. Most of the time other genres, even with het couples, only have 'relationships' so they can throw one member in a fridge/tower and tell you to be sad about it.

speaking of, for 'girl rescues girl' there's Forward to the Sky, Eternal Senia, and Mighty Switch Force, though I don't think any of them are officially romances
>>
>>2037816
>If you want a well-developed relationship that has impact on the story, you generally want to be playing a VN.
That's not what I meant. At least one game on that list is a strategy where you can have same-sex marriages, but since it's a strategy you obviously don't give a fuck about your units. Another one has a chance of getting randomly generated lesbians. It's as much yuri as getting a female character with "Gay" trait in Rogue Legacy.
>>
>>2037807
'you have romance options' is almost guaranteed to mean 'game is a VN or RPG'

when's the last time you saw a het platformer with romance options for goodness sake
>>
>>2037823
Gunman Clive, sort of.

And I don't object to RPGs. But there's a dearth even on that front.
>>
>>2037820
Oh true, those relationships are essentially meaningless, though it's still nice that they're there instead of not-there.

It's hard to figure out what people want out of 'mainstream games with lesbians' though. I mean, nobody ever talks about Saints Row in here, and I'm pretty sure you can play that gay.
>>
>>2037833
Well, you can play SR2/4 gay, yeah. But again, the lesbian content is so trivial since both of them literally amount to "press button to have sex with female character."

It's funny as a parody of stuff like Bioware games, but not much fodder for /u/.
>>
>>2037833
There are no romantic subplots there, at least not that I recall. You can flirt and have sex with female NPCs, but that's about it. It's a sandbox at its finest. Same reason why not a lot of people here talk about Skyrim, relationships in sandboxes just don't hold any weight.
Probably should lay off the drinks for now.
>>
>>2037836
Also, there's the fact that the scenes are the same regardless of player gender.
>>
Oh god, starting Sea Bed right before heading to bed was a terrible idea. The writing is so damn effective.
>>
>>2037823
Some exceptions to that would be Harvest Moon-likes and the recent Fire Emblems.

Harvest Moons are really weak when it comes to dialogue though, and Fire Emblem has too many choices so none of them get proper focus.

>>2037833

I can't speak for everyone but I would like something where the relationship actually matters and isn't just a side couple or so meaningless it is optional. There are a hundred jrpgs where you play a male protag and are railroaded into a relationship with a girl for example, but I don't know of a single yuri one (though female protags are pretty rare to begin with anyway). We get things with cute girls doing cute things (Recettear and Atelier) but that is about it.

Nights of Azure is a step in the direction I want, I suppose.
>>
File: eternalsenia.png (368 KB, 550x441) Image search: [Google]
eternalsenia.png
368 KB, 550x441
>>2037815
I liked eternal senia, translation could use some work. that true ending tho :'(
>>
>>2037815
>>2037858
I too wish that the curator puts it back on the list.
I played it only because it was listed there and don't regret it one bit.
>>
File: -#23.jpg (102 KB, 721x1000) Image search: [Google]
-#23.jpg
102 KB, 721x1000
>>2037833
I don't care what other people want. What I want is a well developed relationship that is central to the story of the game. Or something like the witcher with many relationships important to the story ;). Maybe something like dark messiah might and magic where the female protagonist must choose a side (and a mate).

Maybe one where the female protagonist must build an army like the band of the hawk. I guess fire emblem has that halfway covered, but we need more love interests!! I want so many things!
>>
winterwolves has games with gameplay and usually involves yuri in some form or another. your mileage can vary on his selection.
>>
>>2037815
>my favorite headcanon pairing is more important than all the canon lesbians

Aren't they sisters though? I think that list doesn't like incest, since other things got in for heavy subtext.
>>
>>2037872
MC is orphaned and big girl takes her in and tells her she'll be like her big sister.
>>
Speaking of non-VN games on that list did anyone play Telepath Tactics?
>>
>>2037869
HuniePop has gameplay
>>
>>2037869
Too bad I can't stand the art.
>>
>>2037880
yeah and bioware titles, newer besthesda titles, a lot of newer sandbox games where you play as a female the list goes on. so whenever someone brings up how all games are VN i roll my eyes.
>>
>>2037875
I hope they do a sequel. Are there any news in the official game site?
>>
>>2037910
IIRC the dev said they weren't against the idea of making a sequel, so I guess we have some hope in that regard.
>>
>>2037653
>Sakuya's route isn't translated
Heresy.

This is the best of routes, and one of the 'bad'-ending even result in our Shinji Ikari-esque main character turns into Dante.
>>
>>2037929
>Comparing Kei to Shinji
No. Just fucking no.
>>
File: RJ174822_img_smp1.jpg (422 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
RJ174822_img_smp1.jpg
422 KB, 1280x720
>http://www.dlsite.com/eng/work/=/product_id/RE174822.html

This shooter is tagged yuri, but it might just be because all the characters are scantily-dressed girls and there are no males in it.
>>
>>2037814
Im honestly not surprised /d/ has more games, with how much broader their genre is and their market is probably larger. Also it is much harder to make a good yuri game since we value things that take more effort than simple smutty text to be considered a good game.
>>
>>2037934
>awful at everything she does
>rarely try to improve her own situation
>constantly denies ever doing anything wrong (*cough* memories *cough*)
>has a serious mother complex
>only important to the plot because of something she has, not something she does

Syouko >>> Kei
>>
Maybe it's better that Akai Ito remains untranslated, so that we don't have people in here complaining about Kei.
>>
>>2037965
What's wrong with Kei? The girls a huge ditz, but she's good natured.

I think she's canonically in love with Yumei, or Uzuki. But the rest are ambiguous.
>>
>>2037984
I love Kei, but she's definitely the type I would expect people to complain about.
>>
>>2037994
Yeah sure, she hides behind people. That dosen't mean she isn't brave. SPOILER: like that time she draws Ito to protect the sleeping Uzuki SPOILER

She has a huge, Yuri Odepius complex though. Being sexually attracted to a girl, whom she often describes as being mother like to her (Not to mention a certain huge spoiler). As well as having dreams about murdering someone who looks like her father.
>>
>>2037795
>mediocre games with generic romances that no sane person would touch with a ten-feet pole.
Enola is one of those, it's a clunky piece of crap that looks amateur as fuck but I fucking loved it. You play as Enola's girlfriend who goes through a somewhat surreal representation of Enola's life and experiences regarding her sexuality/sex life. There are some easy puzzles and no weapons. Be warned that it includes the raped lesbian trope but it's well written and it actually makes the character stronger. It's about 5 hours per run and has multiple endings.

Tl;dr: Enola is better than some of the crap on that curator's list, you should give it a chance.
>>
>>2037995
>those spoilers
BRAVO
R
A
V
O
>>
>>2037999
>>>2037995
>>those spoilers
>BRAVO
>R
How is telling a dream she literally has on the second night a spoiler?
>>
>>2037956
>>2037965
Kei is the cutest, most loveable mc ever and your opinion sucks.

>awful at everything she does
She's clumsy as hell, yes, but she tries her best when push comes to shove to protect her loved ones.

>rarely tries to improve her situation
What's there to improve? You're being hunted by oni. What's to do other than to leave Hemidzuka as Sakuya advises, all of which depends on the reader's choice? She lost something in Hemidzuka and it's pulling at her. She's put in an impossible situation she knows NOTHING about. Sakuya and Yumei aren't telling her anything because they're afraid she'd remember more. Uzuki does explain some stuff to her and gives her the talismans which she uses but they found another way to her anyway.

>constantly denies doing anything wrong
You're seriously not blaming her for the mistakes she made as a kid, are you? And she doesn't even remember most of it because she was made to forget, not because she chose to forget it.

>mother complex
Would you not grieve for your only remaining family member who died of exhaustion, trying to care for you as a single mother? She feels guilty over her mother and she obviously misses her.

>important because of something she has, not something she does
She's hunted because he has the nie no chi, yes, but those around her chose to protect her because of who she is and what she did.

>>2037994
Then they don't deserve to play Akaiito.
>>
>>2038005
Not to mention all her dumb puns.
>>
>>2038006
But that's what I like about her...
>>
>>2038011
I was listing it as an additional positive point. She's a huge nerd, it's adorable.
>>
>>2038013
Oh.

All this talk about Kei is making me miss her seiyuu.
>>
>>2038014
>44 No.2038014▶
>>>2038013
>Oh.
As long as people read Akai Ito, she will always live on. Dont worry.
>>
>>2037877
I backed the Kickstarter, but have yet to actually play the game.
>>
>>2037996
>1,49€

Eh, why not.
>>
>>2038021
>1,49€
>Eh, why not.
Some of us live in third world (or even fourth world) countries, and can't afford to be financially irresponsible.

Just look at all those gold diggers in the "I want to be onee-sama" threads.
>>
>>2038032
>1,49€
>financially irresponsible

I feel bad for you son.
>>
>>2037885
>a lot of newer sandbox games
Sandbox games have "press X to bang a NPC". Just look at Skyrim with its bland, uninteresting NPCs. Or the aforementioned SR4 where it's literally "press X to bang a NPC". I'm not even exaggerating, that's how sex works there.
>>
>>2037937
>we value things that take more effort than simple smutty text to be considered a good game
>we
I'd be perfectly fine with a decent smutty text adventure like TiTS. Or even non-smutty like old MUDs.

>inb4 CYOA
It's not the same thing.
>>
>>2038137
>SR4

IIRC you have to first do all their tasks at least. And the romance scenes are pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdVVqAmTax0
>>
>>2038137
Sometimes you want to see good storytelling with a compelling romance subplot and love interest. And sometimes you just to be a badass lesbian with superpowers who gets to bang ladies left and right.
>>
>>2038140
i know the whole 'we' thing is stupid but i think in a majority sense /u/ places it higher than smut, i actually love TiTS but i think more of the weight in the story and characterization is what /u/ anons would rather want, well that and closure on the story. This board centers around the stories having at least character images i.e. visual novels and manga, so i think text adventures like TiTS would just be viewed as a glorified cyoa book when we are so used to having imagery accompanying our text (yes i know TiTS uses portraits), and we already have lesbian /lit/ for that anyway.

Also just thinking of a /u/ TiTS feels kind of boring since it would be the same thing but most of the interesting uniqueness taken out essentially gutting it, like i suggested above you would need to add something to it or change the main focus maybe by fleshing characters out more but i still think it would be more uninteresting even though there is a fair amount of content that doesn't interest me in TiTS, could probably get away with keeping it monstergirls but putting a higher load of the content into fleshed out character relationships or story arcs.
>>
>>2038145
There ladies. I guess if you put one on the left and one on the right you could technically say you're banging them "left and right". One will have to patiently wait in line, though.
>>
>>2038141
SR4 is practically a parody game, you can even get oral from a robot ball.
The "press X bang crew member" is mocking Mass Effect.
>>
Anyone caring to share a DL for Seabad?
>>
>>2038244
It's Seabed, and the game is only 600 yens
Buy it if you are interested, there is a trial too
>>
>>2038244
>>2038248

Speaking of which, I actually sent an email to DLSite requesting it on the English DLsite. Got an email that they'll ask the circle and whatnot. Well that only happened a few hours ago so it'd take some time, but if it actually gets to the English DLsite, purchasing it will be easier for people outside of Japan. I still doubt that it'll happen though. It's a small circle and I think you need stuff like an English description and whatnot?
>>
>>2038252
I've always assumed that there's a DLsite staffer who translates the product descriptions. I STRONGLY doubt all those circles do it themselves, especially considering the quality of the english in handful of works where the circle translated the actual product themselves
>>
>>2038261

Well, I don't know. I never did request something like this. But could be I suppose.
>>
>>2038252
Thanks for doing that. It would be nice if they can port it onto the English site. Not like I can't buy it from the Japanese one, just a little roundabout is all.
>>
>>2038252
>>2038288
I asked the circle via twitter and they told me that they don't plan to release it on the English site.
They shouldn't be surprised when people pirate their game then.
>>
>>2038305

Well, they might mean "with English language". I don't know the specifics, but it shouldn't really hurt to also have it on the English site, as long as you are legally allowed to do so.. and don't mind it being exposed to "foreigners" more. Though if there's a setup fee (which I wouldn't be surprised if there is), I could totally understand why they wouldn't want that. In which case I'll wait for an upload which may.. or may not come I suppose. Not much of an alternative.
>>
>>2038305
>>2038252
What are you doing playing a Japanese VN if you can't even navigate through something as simple as the Japanese DLsite?

>They shouldn't be surprised when people pirate their game then.
Not really.
>>
>>2038317

Uh, you need to be able to buy it. English DLSite accepts payment-methods that the JP one doesn't. Easy as that. I simply can't use any of the ones of the JP DLSite. It's made for people in Japan, so it's not a big surprise.
Navigating should be (obviously) no problem..
>>
>>2038317
Are you retarded?
>>
>>2038345
Nope.

>>2038141
Thanks for this. That was so hawt.
>>
>>2038305
Oh dear...well, from the Japanese site it is then.
Thanks for the update.
>>
>>2038382
The last time I tried buying from there they didn't accept my foreign credit card so good luck.
>>
>>2038412
You need to try several times
They accept foreign cards but sometimes it doesn't go through, you just have to try again and again and it will work
If it work once in the future it will never be blocked again
>>
>>2038412
Has worked for me every time, with a European VISA and also a European Mastercard.
>>
File: 49215757_p21.jpg (324 KB, 866x1242) Image search: [Google]
49215757_p21.jpg
324 KB, 866x1242
SRW is pretty /u/
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=49215757
>>
>>2037815
>Eternal Senia

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It's really cute.
>>
>>2038412
They must really hate you.
>>
>>2038819
>don't put game on the list
>people bitch me out
>put game on the list
>people bitch me out

sigh
>>
Wondering if anyone else has been checking out the lastest trends in VNs. According to mangamer the most in demand romances are yuri. I took a look at the winterwolves forums and the dev did a huge poll with categories for every type of romance. The yuri romances are the most in demand by a long way so the future for yuri is bright.
>>
>>2039023
This is nothing new. That Winterwolves poll you're talking about is already 2 years old. Or HuniePop's most requested feature during its Kickstarter 2.5 was a yuri mode too.

On that note, going to HuniePop's Kickstarter page to check that I just noticed their next game (YuriCam Studio) had been released earlier this month. Is it in any way relevant to o/u/r interests? I remember it was discussed here some time ago, but the setup didn't look like it would. Couldn't find anything about it on the Steam curator either, even to tell not to bother, despite the game being available there.
>>
>>2039049
As far as I know, nothing relevant, but I admit I haven't played it.
>>
>>2039049
Assuming you mean Huniecam Studio and there isn't something else I missed, then no it's not relevant.
>>
>>2039049
But HuniePop looked and sounded horrible. What's its appeal?
>>
>>2039049
Not relevant in the least. There is no focus on romance in HunieCam so it's not like someone can just use goggles on it
>>
>>2039059
That's what I meant, but now I want to see a YuriCam game. If there's one girl who can make the harem end work, it's Yurika.
>>
>>2039061
It's a decent match 3 game
>>
>>2039049
The player has no name, no gender and no interaction with the girls in HunieCam. All you can do is direct them around.

The new art style is an atrocity, too.

>>2039061
Some of the characters were interesting.
>>
inb4 muh racism and gaymergate
>>
I hope yo/u/ like tattoos!
>>
>>2039126
>everything is gooberglobber's fault
Go be SJW somewhere else.
>>
Sorry if the answer is obvious or it's been answered, but what is the OP image from?
>>
>>2039402
SeaBed
>>
>>2039281
I-I hate tattoos.
>>
>>2039455
I've heard the title mentioned a few times and I believe some moonspeaking anons have sung its praises. Apparently it's really good but has had zero hype and has been relying entirely on word of mouth.

Which is interesting because according to vndb it's a 10-30 hour NVL
>>
>>2039281
Tattoos can be cool. But something like a little star is kinda lame. If you're going for tattoos, go all out with something big and interesting.
>>
>>2039281
That looks boring, and unoriginal. Then again if it was from a drunk dare it makes sense.
>>
>>2039551
It's the sole release from a doujin circle, and the members seem to be unknowns. so that's normal.
>>
>>2039281
It doesn't look too much like a tattoo for now, to me. I'd say your artist could try using the liquify tool on it and set it so it "inflates" an area, so it looks like it's wrapping around the thigh. They could also make the edges less clean, since the lineart isn't that crisp and by conparison it makes the tattoo look pasted on.
>>
>>2037495

Learning Japanese that they don't teach in class
thx!
>>
>>2037653
Is it possible to get a text file of the untranslated part? I need to practice translating something!
>>
>>2039061
Fun, also the dialogue is actually significantly more entertaining than the inane Japanese visual novels that get so much praise around here
>>
>>2039909
If you're deeply amused by vulgarity and think newgrounds is the height of culture
>>
>>2039967
Since when have you had to think something is the height of culture to find it entertaining?
>>
>>2039971
Fair point, stupid can be entertaining
>>
>>2039909
This, alongside the unparalleled voice acting.

What bothers me about the thing, though, is that the promotional art and CGs are much better than the ingame portraits. I always wondered why that was so.
>>
>>2040130
Won't hear any arguments from me, the art was off enough to be noticeable, even to me who's not very picky about that. Doesn't really bother me but it's a fair cop.
>>
>>2040130
different artists before/after kickstarter?
>>
Is the ending to Rising Angels Hope good? Does it actually end or is it a cliffhanger?
>>
>>2040490
It ends, and I thought the Kika parts were cute. It doesn't end with tons of romance considering they all have to go their separate ways though.
>>
Kindred Spirits is 15% off again for anime weekend on Steam
>>
>>2040531
Long Live the Queen and all the Hyperdimension games have money lopped off them too.
>>
File: 1456022954722.png (17 KB, 511x81) Image search: [Google]
1456022954722.png
17 KB, 511x81
>>2040534
>>2040531

And every other Sakura game, except the one that is relevant to us.
>>
>>2040536
>Great and realistic writing
>Sakura Fantasy
I'm not exactly familiar with Sakura series; only novel I've seen was Sakura... Spirits or something, and I didn't even buy it myself, it just popped up in relevant videos on YouTube while I was looking up the walkthrough for another VN.
But I remember that that game was exceptionally shitty, with pseudo-anime art style, barely any different character sprites and writing that made my brain physically hurt. Did they improve or are people just so starved for girl-on-girl action they're willing to put up with this?
>>
>>2040531
Sound of Drop is half off
>>
>>2040536
It did have money off it a few days ago in a separate sale. I forgot to buy it.
>>
>>2040538
That review is from Waifu Hunter, which is largely a joke curator. It doesn't mean that it's actually got great and realistic writing.
>>
>>2040538
It's a joke curator.
>>
>>2040531
Rising Angels Hope is 20% off as well.
>>
>>2040541
>>2040543
Now I feel stupid.
>>
>>2040544
No one cares.
>>
>>2040544
That Vn series is so disliked around here, I think a wild catgirl appears is more respected.
>>
>>2040589
we've become the mean girls
>>
>>2040589
I've been off the loop for a while. What makes those VNs so disliked?
If I recall, Rising Angels had (surprise?) het, but no idea about A Wild Catgirl Appears. Was it the horrible art?
>>
>>2040589
You don't speak for all of us. RA: Reborn was alright.
>>
>>2040596
Horrible horrible art. And somehow even more attrocious writing.

I think there was a time when Yuri fans would eat up any Yuri VN but since all these great ones are coming in English are standards have increased.
>>
>>2040596
We hold grudges, the surprise het was made worse due to the fact that Yuri scene non existent that year + we all had hopes and the game was hyped to hell.
>>
>>2040600
>the
>was
>>
>>2040600
>we

I have no beef with the RA creator. He seems like a alright guy.
>>
>>2040599
Wasn't the art at least fixed a bit?
>>
>>2040611
Yeah, they took the money they got from their surprise popular release and put it into getting the ridiculous cut-and-paste CGs redrawn.

The game is still pretty bad afaik but credit where credit is due.
>>
>>2040624
This is apparently what the CGs look like now?
>>
>>2040625
If so, that looks like massive improvements.
>>
>>2040531
Also "A Kiss For the Petals ~ Remembering How We Met".

Are there any other /u/-related games on sale besides the Neptunia games and Yurirei?
>>
>>2040630

If you go to http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864182-Hella-Yuri/ and scroll down the list you can see the little green marks by anything that's currently on discount.

Looks like Sakura Fantasy IS on sale now, maybe it just hadn't shown up yet when >>2040536 posted?
>>
>>2040635
Some devs mentioned Steam didn't even tell them about the sale, so we might be able to expect a few more discounted games for the weekend.
>>
Sengoku Otome gets a game, Nobunaga has Mitsuhide lusting for her
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq6kEaNlBKw
>>
>>2037738
Many of those games are console exclusive and I think most of /u/ primarily uses PC so it's even less likely for big discussions of those games to occur.
>>
The Flowers twitter account posted this recently, can anyone better than me at Japanese translate it?

ごきげんよう皆様。
FLOWERS春篇・夏篇のファンブックについてご質問をいただきましたので改めてお知らせいたします。
一般販売(お店・通販)が開始されましたのでCHARACTER1では販売いたしません。
ご了承くださいませ。

Something to do with the fan books. I have mine on order from Amazon Japan so I hope there's no issue.
>>
>>2040821
It's just letting people know they won't be selling them at character1 as they're on sale at retailers now.
>>
>>2040823
Oh, thank you. I didn't know that was the name of a shop. Thought it was a section of the book or something.
>>
>>2040824
It's a convention, mostly a bishoujo stuff trade fair
>>
>>2040830
That makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification!
>>
Got my hands on the fanbook. There's quite a bit of volume this time. Lots of Aki-hen teasers too. Makes this last month of waiting that much harder. I'll just tease this: Our impressions of Nerine and Yuzuriha will probably change in Aki-hen.
>>
Seabed is fantastic, anyone who know japanese should try it.
Halfway in it but it's both beautiful and sad
>>
>>2040951
This is very important before I jump in since this will decide my enjoyment of the story. Do the initial cp got back together or they both end with new lover?
>>
Strawberry Vinegar has now gone 25% off.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/407340
>>
>>2041105
So has my pants.
>>
Ironically, now that RA: Hope has yuri scenes in, no one is going to play it because they turned it into a commercial release and made it way too expensive for what it is. Did Sekai Project suggest the price? I hope they at least lower it to something like $5 at some point, it's not going to sell anything otherwise.
>>
>>2041111
I don't hear anyone complaining about Starlight Vega's price.
>>
>>2041111
Look at that, we have professor Quads over here giving advice.
>>
>>2041115
Starlight Vega is brand new.
>>
>>2041118
Starlight Vega is shorter than all the new content he added and if I recall correctly, it also started back in 2011.
>>
>>2041119
The problem isn't the ACTUAL fair value, IMO. The problem is perception. Customers aren't doing complex calculations about the exact price-per-minute. They see a remake of a free game, one that was planned to be free until the last minute, one whose yuriness was under question for a long time, and they feel it's low-value.
>>
>>2041129
That I cannot argue against.

I'm not sure a lower price would have helped the game though. The game had to be free to reach the people it needed to reach, which would have sunk their circle. Instead they had to charge, which ended up sinking their circle anyway.

It just makes me sad that it was worth the money I spent on it, but there is a super low chance I'm going to see any more.
>>
Does RA: Hope even have a demo out? At least you can try Startlight Vega before you buy it. What I've seen on Chris Tenarium's video on Hope also didn't show any new content in the text, which doesn't really inspire.
>>
>>2041318
No demo. The intro is a bit different, but it is mostly minor changes. There was a fair bit of new content in the second stream he did, but that one wasn't uploaded. I'm really surprised no streamer has done the game and stolen the audience of people curious about it.
>>
>>2041342
>stolen the audience
i have the best burn but I feel like i'm kicking a sick puppy.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.