[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shitsurakuen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: Vol_3_op.jpg (236 KB, 942x1400) Image search: [Google]
Vol_3_op.jpg
236 KB, 942x1400
Anyone remember this series?
>>
I try no to.
>>
I don't think anyone could forget this shit, even though they really should.
>>
>>2028590
What an unfortunate mess that ended up being.
>>
>>2028590
>Anyone remember this series?
To my recollection most of it was good until close to the end, where things took a [i]shit[/i]y twist. The thing had been yuri until near the end when the author siuddenly made an unexpected decision/twist to make the ending het out of no where. When he/she got flamed for it he/she made an alternate ending that was yuri. However once you'd seen the het version there was no going back, and it was ruined.
>>
Shit-surakuen indeed.
>>
>>2028602
The het end was NOT the problem (especially after it was retcon'd for a yuri end). That's what's sad about it.
>>
>>2028615
Yeah, I can explain the biggest problems with the ending with one scene, Koharu, the busty rifle girl who is sexually attracted to the main girl, goes back to the guy that tried to rape her and apologizes and says that she knows the reason he tried he tried to rape her is because he cared about her as a person and implies that she is going to start a relationship with him.
>>
>>2028615
>The het end was NOT the problem
It was still a problem since it did the whole "same sex relationships aren't real and are just practice for adulthood" that most japanese media does.
>>
>>2028615
Pretty sure the het end was the problem, especially with how it was delivered.
>>
File: 63291l.jpg (150 KB, 418x600) Image search: [Google]
63291l.jpg
150 KB, 418x600
>>
>>2028590
I get sad every time I remember this series. It was lining up to be a great shonen yuri series before everything went to shit.

Did the author get proper flak for his bullshit? I hope someone did a public burning of his books or something, so that he knows how bad he fucked up.
>>
>>2028619
>>2028622
The retarded "men only beat, raped, and tortured, and treated women like animals they are forced to, so they should be forgiven without any repurcussion" was the real problem. Jesus Christ on the stick, was it that hard to realize why nobody wants to remember this series???
>>
>>2028590
It was obvious this was going to end Het from the start and all the yuri was going to be seen as kiddy. The author wanted Sora and Akane as the end pairing with all the other girls pauring off with their abusers.
>>
>>2028632
Jesus fuck, they're partially agreeing with you. It was both unsurprising het end and how it happened with the bullshit getting together with the abusers.
>>
File: 63293l.jpg (149 KB, 418x600) Image search: [Google]
63293l.jpg
149 KB, 418x600
>>
>>2028632
This. The manga spent so much time portraying the guys as monsters and showing how much they enjoyed their power, then it suddenly turns around and goes "it's not their fault, they're victims too!"
I dropped it at that point, as the series was unsalvageable. Whether it got a yuri end or not was irrelevant after that.
>>
>>2028590
It does not take a yurifag to rage at how bad the ending was.

Fucking shit. Personally, I do not really mind the girls getting boyfriends so long as the MC remained a lesbian and their partners are kind. But of all the people in the world, what were the author smoking to force the girls into a relationship with the very males who abused them for their own amusement?

Any kid with a half brain knows that people like them deserves to spend some time in jail and get their asses wrecked before they could be worthy of being in a serious relationship. But lo! The author just gave them a slap on the wrist and of they go.

I am raging at my very core just remember how awful that ending was. Fuck!
>>
>>2028654
>I do not really mind the girls getting boyfriends so long as the MC remained a lesbian
She didn’t, Sora started a relationship with that one guy until the negativity of the ending forced the author to make a new chapter.
>>
I didn't really follow the series, I only read it when it was proper done so the het "end" wasn't really a problem for me. The problem for me is, what the others have already said, how they tried to make the guys sympathetic by the end. Dear god, you expect me to feel sorry for the psychopath guy who I think literally killed a few girls? What am I suppose to take away from this manga? People who go along with systemic oppression don't do it because they want to? If so, why does Sora exist?

Shit's giving me a migraine just thinking about it.
>>
>>2028660
Oops I confused Sora with the wimpy guy.
>>
>>2028658
Who? The bespeckled nerd guy?
I seriously never noticed him, let alone be considered a threat.

She just dragged him up the stairs. You are being too paranoid, onee-san.
The entire "lore and legend" of the prince, darklord, and the princess was a reinterpretation of the MC, her childhood friend, and the guy.
>>
>>2028665
No, the author was very obvious that he wanted Sora and glasses dude to be a couple.
They were a retelling but the end of the story was that the knight abandons the evil princess and goes off to hang with the prince.
>>
>>2028669
uhh...
>The lore states that the prince was swayed off from the path that leads straight to the princess
>turns out that it was the darklord's scheme so that he would try to listen to their side of the story instead of following the princess blindly
>it connected with Sora's story of how her childhood friend was making use of her blind chivalry in order to fulfill her hatred of men.
The bespeckled guy is no more than a side character. Stop being so paranoid, nee-san. No way would any MC fall for a character that barely made any appearance and was ever given a character development.
>>
>>2028671
It's not paranoia, it's what the author intended. Glasses was a frequent character, had character development, and was the person Sora chose in the end.
>>
>>2028677
The gay marriage say otherwise
>>
>>2028678
>ending months after the author got flak for the original ending he intended.
Yeah, no. He wanted a full all het ending. What was made afterwards due to backlash doesn't count.
>>
The idea that "the boys are victims too" could maybe have worked if they had actually shown some boys being uncomfortable with the situation and refusing to play along with the game, but being literally forced (with threats and such) by the people in charge, and then struggling with the fact that they're doing fucked up stuff. That could have been interesting. But nah, instead they show literally all the boys aside from Akane taking genuine sadist pleasure in their actions all the time. Then you have that one guy suddenly going "THINK ABOUT HOW WE FEEL" and Sora thinks that makes sense somehow. It was just a terribly written twist.
>>
File: i9yuyf.jpg (84 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
i9yuyf.jpg
84 KB, 500x375
>>2028679
Like how Utena was originally intended to be a het.
Korra as het.
Love Live as het
Even Nanoha was originally designed to be het until the fans demanded a yuri end...which they recieved

it's the ending that decides all. No matter how long it took
>>
>>2028685
Doesn't matter, the author wanted a het end to show girl-girl relationships as practice relationships for immature girls. As soon as Sora becomes mature she abandons those relationships for a "real" boy-girl relationship with glasses guy. That is what the author wanted. You can see this with Tsuki being the real villain, an immature evil child who advocates girl-girl is completely wrong and evil.
>>
>>2028690
If he was already beaten to submission and we got what we wanted, then his previous philosophies matters not.
>>
>>2028590
Usually when something is liked and then has a bad ending, it can still have a decent fanbase looking back fondly on the good stuff. Not Shitsurakuen, it's a manga that had managed to build a nice amount of good will with it's cool protag, yuri overtones, nice art and compelling mystery and yet the ending was such a dumpster fire piece of trash that it killed all goodwill towards the manga. How the fuck do you screw up that badly?
>>
>>2028709
>How the fuck do you screw up that badly?
By having an all het ending where abuse victims apologize to and become the girlfriends of their abusers.
>>
I remember in a previous thread some anons said that the manga was getting canned so the author had to wrap up things fast. Any truth to that?
>>
>>2028712
I guess the author just didn't understand the appeal of his story. Like he wanted to tell a story but the people who liked it liked it for reasons he was oblivious to. That's the only way I can see this cosmic misfire happening.
>>
>>2028634
No. Once again, hetero is not the real problem here. Saying so is completely missing the point, and will make outsiders thinking "oh, the yurifags are only mad because it's yuribait."

Like the others had said, even if it's yuribait, as long as the girls ended up with good guys, and the doychebags were properly punished, it won't be this much of a disaster. It will only be a disappointment for /u/s, and even then /u/ can still look back at the the series for its yuri parts.

But no, the misogynistic males are all forgiven with essentially no punishment for their inhuman behaviour against the girls. That's what set people off. It's such an ugly injustice that not even the yuri ending could save it.
>>
>>2028728
>hetero is not the real problem here

Good luck getting this through to the new generation of /u/ posters.
>>
I hate this series so much. The whole think of the mens, they are suffering too while they enjoy treating the girls like trash made me despise this series so much. And to make it worse the girls got together with their abusers and forgave them.
>>
>>2028728
Well you are right but this was yuribait from the start. Only the girl-guy relationships were supposed to be real.
>>
>>2028728
Personally, the bait and switch was enough to kill any good will, irrespective of how schizophrenically the male characters were handled. If they had all been affable chaps I'd still have hated it.

The transition from budding yuri harem to het end, sans MC getting with worst girl as a consolation prize, is all that mattered to me. Not whether the male characters treated them well, or were uncomfortable with their actions before or after the fact.
>>
File: 1420809708525.png (169 KB, 371x346) Image search: [Google]
1420809708525.png
169 KB, 371x346
>>2028765
>>2028768
>these puritards will be the ones who will take care of /u/'s future
Where did we go wrong?
>>
>>2028768
But Sora got together with Akane and gave Tsuki to Karin.
>>
>>2028777
I've been here since '08 and remember people arguing about what kind of love Himeko meant when she said she loved Chikane.
>>
>>2028728
>oh, the yurifags are only mad because it's yuribait
But yuribait is a perfectly good reason to hate something.
>>
>>2028780
I bet if someone started a KnM thread today with the right OP, it would set off the exact same rape/not rape shitstorms that happened when it aired.
>>
>>2028781
>yuribait is a perfectly good reason to hate something.
Actually, Yuribait is just a new buzzword made last year which is just a new word for "Subtext Yuri"
Thank the ret/a/rds for this idiocy
>>
>>2028786
Incorrect, yuri subtext is fine on its own, but yuribait is used as a pretense to lure in more viewers, whereas in the end the show shits all over it.
>>
>>2028788
That's what it originally meant before and during Hibike's airing.
But, like what I said, thank onee-s/a/ma for making it synonymous with "subtext yuri"

I expect this meme to live for 5 years more until it got replaced with an even worse one
>>
>>2028786
>Actually, Yuribait is just a new buzzword made last year which is just a new word for "Subtext Yuri"
I thought that subtext yuri means subtext yuri, girl/girl interaction which is mostly either one-sided or portrayed in a joke way of things, or it being mixed with a bit of close friendship style or a bit hidden on the sides without being shown fully it's homosexual attraction.

The yuribait mark would mean that the manga or anime shows intentionally girl/girl kissing/fucking/groping/wanting each other where it really doesn't matter cause it was all playing along, adolescence, things they will grow up from, or just fanservice where all of them are suddenly bi or straight and they all will end with a main or other guy anyway, a girl/girl bait cause it's hot reason but nothing serious relationship wise.

In reality yuri subtext doesn't have anything to do with a yuribait term and I can't really understand how these two could be mistaken.
>>
>>2028798
Precisely.
Thank /a/ and their thirst for shitposting that they got hook in their own bait.
Yuribait now encompasses any all-girls show that does not end in canon gay., no matter how blatant it was.

I am not a linguist but pretty sure that this is not really a rare occurance. Hope this meme dies soon
>>
>>2028777
>puritard
I'm nothing of the sort. The purity side of yuri gets on my nerves too.

I just don't like being led along by the nose.

If you're going to introduce yuri themes, you best follow through, or at the least not contradict them later down the line. If you do, I don't care how amazing the characters and plot are, I'm not going to read/watch anything from you ever again.
>>
>>2028777

/u/ has always been a spiteful, contrarian and easy to anger crowd.

The only problem is that the reason for those negative attitudes has shifted from the media we directly consume to the shitty social issues brought in by the new kids.
>>
>>2028819
Nice buzzwords.
>>
>>2028590
like Utena's mentally retarded cousin
>>
>>2028786
TvTropes' "Bait-and-Switch Lesbians" article is nearly a decade old, and started with anime examples only. It's nothing new.
>>
>>2028819
>spiteful, contrarian and easy to anger crowd.

This isn't /v/.
>>
>>2028590
That twist at the ending was surreal. It's still hard to believe how that happened.
>>
File: 63303l.jpg (152 KB, 418x600) Image search: [Google]
63303l.jpg
152 KB, 418x600
>>
File: 63305l.jpg (157 KB, 418x600) Image search: [Google]
63305l.jpg
157 KB, 418x600
>>
>>2028777
Aren't you talking about /v/ and /a/?
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.